• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

akash patel

SPNer
Aug 10, 2011
Heyy there,

My name is Akash Patel, I'm from UK but my family is from India.

I really need help on an issue so can someone plese guide on how to make a new thread or blog?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
akash patel ji

Welcome to SPN and thank you for joining us welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

To start a thread, return to the home page and look at the different sections in the forum. Click on a link where you would like to post, for example in the section "Controversies." Find the New Article button to the top left. Click on that and the page that appears will have a space to write a title, and a larger area where you can post your thoughts. Then click on the Submit button at the bottom of the comment area.

To start a blog, use this link. http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/blog_post.php?do=newblog You can then enter a title in the space provided. Below that you will be able to write your first comment. Then Submit.

:happykudi:

Kahuna

SPNer
Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

My name is Ben and I've come here looking to learn about the Sikh religion and philosophy. I have posted a question about there you can find here if you're willing to help.

Would like to thank everyone for this platform from which I hope to learn.

Ben.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome to SPN Kahuna ji. I have already posted a reply to your question. Please enjoy this space and visit office. Thank you for joining our forum. welcomekaur welcomekaur

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ella ji

Many best wishes for you. May your days spent here be intellectually and spiritually helpful. thanks for joining SPN. I look forward to your participation. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ludkwik ji

Welcome to the SPN forum. I am glad to see you have posted comments already. When you have time you may want to contact me for guidance about that. I hope you continue to enjoy the time you spend with us.

welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur

Aug 18, 2008
Staten Island, NY
Hello, I was on here briefly a long time ago. Long enough to forget my password, so I feel like I am starting anew.
I am a 54, female and pretty well read. Maybe too much. I have read every philosopher under the sun, and have learned that intellectualizing too much can not only turn a person into a skeptic about everything, but also a bore.
I feel like I've gone around in circles reading about religion. I have studied Buddhism for quite some time, and quite frankly, it leaves me cold. Being a somewhat withdrawn person, it was of absolutely no help to me, just making me feel further detached from life and retreating into myself even further. I feel more depressed now than I ever did. Ditto Hinduism, as the bottom line with that for me is, yes a lot of brilliant thought came out of it, but.....that terrible caste system. Where is the sense of joy? I also sense a lack of justice and quite frankly found Buddhism would turn me into a doormat. I have read much on Sikhism, but can't say I know all aspects of it, and would like to learn. Call me boring, but I am a sensible person. I don't believe in dietary codes, a rigid way of thinking because "it's always been done this way", etc. I am basically a person of common sense.
Can you advise me of a good copy of your Guru Granth Sahib? Hope I got that right. I don't fit in anywhere and am going through a terrible crisis in my life on top of everything else. I have read the story of Guru Nanek and always thought he got it right. I am looking for some joy in my life, without a bunch of rigid "do's and don'ts". There must be a religion that promotes happiness and the well-being of all, without asking one to be a doormat. That is my biggest pet peeve with all the religions I've studied. I say studied, because none of them have clicked with me. I am not a warlike person, but I certainly feel people have the right to defend themselves and others. Mostly I have found a total lack of common sense. Like, to just let people walk all over you, which doesn't go down very well with me. I also have a good sense of humor, despite the tone of this introduction. Why are so many religious people so dry and grim? Anyway, I have blabbed on enough. Just my opinion, and maybe I will find some sanity in Sikhism.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I thinkforyourself ji welcome.

We have a few sections here so try to bounce around if one item gets heavy, go for some relaxing stuff.

There will be few here who may want to joust with intellect but there are tremendous common, simple and straighforward non dogmatic souls.

Hope you will find it refreshing.

Maestro drum beat please,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general-videos/35383-just-some-dhol-drum-music-enjoy.html

Sat Sri Akal.
(Let truth always prevail)

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Dear thinkforyourself, WELCOME.

Admin apology: The message seems to have been lost while re-formatting the content. Please use notepad or wordpad to avoid such occurrences as cut pasting from softwares like Microsoft Word bring in a lot of avoidable formatting issues. Thank you!
<!--?"urn::eek:
All religions have rules of do n don’t. Some have more and some less. It is up to one what he/she like. In any religion person don’t have his thinking. He/she have to follow the rules.
Sikhism is or was very open religion. Here you will find lot of good information. Hope it will be useful.

As you said you have read and studied most religion, nothing is up to your liking.

Why not try to know you’re self and believe in your self. The joy you are searching is with you. It is not out there or in any religion. Religion does not give joy it is you what to get from religion.

It is good you do not want to be doormat. No person should be happy as doormat.

Make the best of this site.
SSA-->

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes POTTER ji I did get your gracious message. We need to make this conversation a matter for Aman Singh because it all seems to hinge on a software glitch. So I am moving it to the Admin only section of the forum. As for the token expiring. This is something that happens from time to time. Reload the page. You can also try to clear your cache. Or log out and log back in again to SPN. Thanks peacesignkaur

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: