• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks to the person that explained to me about the slaughter technique used by Sikhs.
Continuing the fight for honest labelling on halal meat so we can avoid it.
Please all contact your MPs & MEPs and ask for legislation to label ALL ritually slaughtered meat with 'RS'. It is easy to find out who represents you in seats of power in UK here...
www.writetothem.com
Also if you want to join us on Facebook and learn more about halal & our campaign...
Join here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Halal/160347640662396
Kind regards to you all here at the Sikh Community icecreamkudi BOYCOTT HALAL!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ashu9072 ij

Welcome to SPN. And thank you for sharing this important milestone with us. Congratulations! Keep on with your studies. Let SPN be a place where you can get some relaxation and enjoyment. Students need that too!
welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

gurdit

SPNer
Apr 5, 2011
Port Dickson
Sat Sri Akal to all,
I am a lawyer by profession and have been practising so for the past 24 years in Malaysia in a small seaside town called Port Dickson. I have my own legal practice. I am married and am a father to three sons. I came to this site searching for spiritual guidance, contentment and enlightenment. Have now started the journey. Hope to meet great friends and share thoughts along the way..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
gurdit ji

Welcome to SPN! We have some wonderful members from Malaysia and I hope that you meet and collaborate on many threads and topics.

There are many threads on spiritual topics. Let's hope they add to the quality of your journey. I encourage you to participate often. Thanks for joining the forum. :)

welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
Akiva
I'm sure there will be many people here that can advise you...
I am not a Sikh and came here to inquire about Sikhism like yourself.
However, I do support Israel & the Jews.
Shalu Shalom Yerushalayim!

Oct 29, 2010
It would be interesting to hear from the folks who found Sikhi as they were weighing up different religions to follow or difficulties they had getting here.
This information may address the complaints (I agree with them and possibly do not help to repair the matter yet) - please read this from Dr. Yogi Kaur http://www.searchsikhism.com/si1.html - Thoughts on how to present Sikhi to new commers?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
davinderdhanjal ji

The article you post is interesting. Why not start a new thread. in this thread it takes the conversation a bit of course. Sometimes new members do tell this story -- why they chose Sikhism. But many who join are already Sikhs. Things could become confusing for the second group.

I appreciate your interest however in this new direction. Thanks a lot!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome xkatz ji

It seems to me that you have already gifted this forum with a direct and sincere desire to interact with forum members. It feels good to welcome you. Please do not hesitate to seek out our members and to post in threads, and start more of your own.
welcomekaurwelcomekaur

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I was born into a Punjabi-Sikh/French Canadian-Catholic family. Much to the dismay of my mother's family, I whole-heartedly embraced the Sikh way of life and have always been very happy with that decision. Sikhi has given me that "something to live for, great enough to die for" that gives meaning and purpose to life.

I do, however, have a sort of background in Judaism. When I was a teenager, Dad's best friend was a rabbi. There's quite an interesting story behind that which you might enjoy. It is in one of my blogs, The Unringed Bell at Dad And The Rabbi Part One and Part Two Please feel free to correct me on any mistakes I have made about the Jewish religion. I strive for both accuracy and respect.

In any case, welcome and enjoy your exploration. :mundabhangra:

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: