• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Aug 28, 2010
Dear AMAN SINGH Ji
GUROO FATEH ,
I thak you very much for starting a new thread related to the previous discussions .Here I would like to suggest that a more pertinent topic should be"What present GUROO is saying----an introspection" as the ongoing discussion is more relted to this aspect.
I hope you will give a proper thought to this suggestion and look forward for the best you can do.
With best wishes
Prakash.S.Bagga

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

Prakash Ji.

Thanks.

Please forgive me if you misunderstood me, but Guru Nanak Dev not only condemned the cast system but rejected this terrible cancer in the Hinduisms and others.

Cast system has ruined the Sikh community from inside by reinforcing the cast system again which is anti Sikh philosophy and going in front of Guru Granth Sahib ji with belief of cast system i s OK and preaching the world at large that Sikhs are different because they do not believe in cast system.

To be truthful ,we are engulf in cast system and still believe in Guru Nanak Dev Ji's preachings and Gurbani..

Please read the following for your record.:

The process of the creation of a sovereign, autonomous society, the Sikh Panth, had started in the day of Guru Nanak himself. He had begun his career as a teacher of men with the significant utterance, “There is no Hindu, no Mussalman,” and took clear-cut practical steps towards molding a society of Sikhs (literally disciples) on independent ideological lines.
He specifically condemned caste and caste ideology as perverse, and rejected the authority of the Vedas and supremacy of the Brahmans. On caste, he said:

SIKHISM AND CASTE SYSTEM
A total rejection of the caste system is a typical feature of the Sikh tradition. Sikhism in fact originated as a voice of protest against the many prevalent ills of contemporary Indian society. The caste system was the most damaging and debilitating of them. It completely negated the humanitarian and egalitarian principles, fundamental to the Sikh creed. Guru Nanak, founder of Sikhism, and his nine spiritual successors strongly attacked the system. The advent of Sikhism in the midst of caste rigidities and superstitions was truly a radical beginning.

Jaspi

Aug 28, 2010
Respectable JASPI Ji,
Pl Accept Divine Greetings,
I thank you very much for providing me the valuable information.But in practice we do not find this happening.I hope some great personalities should come forward to do so in such a vast plural society.
It happens somtime great personalities do establish some basic code of conuct but with times things get diluted and gradually loose the significance of the values'
We can only pray our SATiGURU to take care of the affairs.
Once again thanks for your information input for my record

With best wishes
PRAKASH SINGH

GodsDust

SPNer
Sep 15, 2010
Hello/ Sat Shri Akal/ Assalaam-walekum/Namastee,
I am yet another minute particle of God as you all are. I love thinking, questioning, answering and discussions. We are going through the Computer Era of Human history so lets share and spread our thoughts and knowledge amongst ourselves to achieve the utimate goal of God.
God's Dust

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hello/ Sat Shri Akal/ Assalaam-walekum/Namastee,
I am yet another minute particle of God as you all are. I love thinking, questioning, answering and discussions. We are going through the Computer Era of Human history so lets share and spread our thoughts and knowledge amongst ourselves to achieve the utimate goal of God.
God's Dust

Welcome, dear GodsDust ji, Minute Particle of God (By Whatever Name),

welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur

Perhaps we can strive upwards toward that far unattainable sky together, all of us I mean. As I have said many times, when a certain critical mass of humanity realise this, the game will be over and we can all pick up our marbles and go home.

Until then, let us share our experiences as we live in chardi kala enjoying the journey wherever it takes us. I look forward to reading your thoughts and experiences.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL Ji

Prakash Ji

May Wahe Guru flourish the seed of growing into realization of the Creator by listening and understanding the Gurbani and Jap Ji Sahib Ji , I am sure you will have transcendental events come across your truthful life .

But one must have a crystal clear understanding what Guru Nanak Dev Ji on enlightenment in our life style and beliefs with fundamental changes to have universal harmony.

Any things else is the same routine what Hindu had been doing since centuries or most of us doing by following cast system and luring the public to ourselves. doing for guiding the people ourselves.

Jaspi

Respectable JASPI Ji,
I thank you very much for providing me the valuable information.But in practice we do not find this happening.I hope some great personalities should come forward to do so in such a vast plural society.
It happens somtime great personalities do establish some basic code of conuct but with times things get diluted and gradually loose the significance of the values'

With best wishes
PRAKASH SINGH

GodsDust

SPNer
Sep 15, 2010
Welcome, dear GodsDust ji, Minute Particle of God (By Whatever Name),

welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur

Perhaps we can strive upwards toward that far unattainable sky together, all of us I mean. As I have said many times, when a certain critical mass of humanity realise this, the game will be over and we can all pick up our marbles and go home.

Until then, let us share our experiences as we live in chardi kala enjoying the journey wherever it takes us. I look forward to reading your thoughts and experiences.

Dear Mai Ji,<?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks you for a welcome message. I have gone through some of your posts and it looks like you are an active member of this website.

I do not see the game as simple as stated by you i.e. "...when a certain critical mass of humanity realises this, the game will be over...." In fact, that will be the time when you understand the game, and then the next step would be to play the game and win it. When you will win the game, it will be the beginning of yet another world.

Also you said "...and we can all pick up our marbles and go home.", here I would like to say that do not treat one another as different. Why you want to wait for the game to be over to pick your share of marbles? You are already in your home i.e. this Universe. And everything in this universe is only for you. You can pick whatever you want, only you have to take steps toward it. You are the particle of God or you can say light of the God. As said by Baba Kabir ji,

Aval Allah noor upaaeiaa kudrat ke sab bandey ||
Ek noor te sab jag upajaiaa koun bhalae ko mande ?

You are the noor of god.

Main Sochda han by ke, ki shristi rachayi...
Kan-kan vich rab khud vase, fir bhe dis na paayi..

(Meaning: I am sitting and thinking, how the God has created this wonderful world. He is present in each and every particle, still we man is so blind that we do not recognize him in ourselves and our surroundings.)

Thanks and Regards.
God's Dust

Last edited by a moderator:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hello

I am from the Canary Islands and I have some questions that perhaps some one here can answer?I will post a new thread

God Bless

Welcome, Tenerife ji! We're happy to have you. welcomemundawelcomemunda

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

The canary Islands!! That sounds heavenly, but maybe a bit lonely. I'm sure you can tell us a lot about out there.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

Prakash Ji.

Remember in our college time especially with science students if you passed in practicals you are passed even you failed in theories.Because practical's marks were given higher.

Same process apply in each field. Practice what you preach. you are standing on first door step to learn to follow the Sikhism and learn Gurbani
means Guru Ka SHABAD.

First step to come clean without any beliefs in cast system or any ego ridden thoughts and recognized that all human race is equal to each other but different by their KARMA.

That will be first step to grasp the holy thoughts in you and daily life to realize the true meaning of Sublime existence.

Jaspi

Respectable JASPI Ji,

With best wishes
PRAKASH SINGH

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI

Prakash Ji.

Thanks for your kind comments but I just tried to put the facts on the table with no intention to change any one 's life style.

It is so wonder full to come across people who like to talk about us human beings to learn some thing new because each human is with unique world in side their heart.

Like Baba Farid Ji says "

"Turia Turia ja Farida ,if you are not blessed so far ,may be you
meet some one who is already blessed"

You are blessed in your unique ways as there is only one Prakash .Swahkaur Bagga in the universe.

"This uniqueness of being the only one existing in the universe is a sole reason to love each others and be proud of to enjoy by thanking the creator ."

Each one of us is blessed with lots blessing but is a matter of how one is nourished to express himself.

Jaspi

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2010
Respectable JASPI Ji
Pl Accept my Divine Greetings.,

Many Many thanks for sending heart touching views.I am really proud of your statementship which is very specific and candid.
I did enjoy my interactions with you.This would be part of my memories.
If my writings have ever hurt anyone I feel extremely sorry but these were never intended so.
With regards
Prakash,s.Bagga

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I would like to welcome tenerife, GodsDust, and prakaksh.s.bagga all piaaree jios to this forum. Already I have remarked quietly that each of you has given a unique gift of your insight and intuition. It is a pleasure to see sincere comments that inspire others to participate.

Warm regards and blessings to each of you. welcomekaurwelcomemunda

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Admin note:

Please all members! This thread is intended to make new members feel wanted, welcome and at home. It is not a place to lecture someone about values or the decision to use a surname, which may or may not disclose caste membership. It is also not a place to reflect at length on the good old days. I would request that we drop this line of discussion. If not the thread will need to be trimmed. Thank you.

Aug 28, 2010
SPN ADMn Ji
DIVINE GREETINGS TO EVERY ONE
I thankyou SPN Admn for invitation to share the views in the current thread.I would make a sincere request to all sharing the views that as far as possible any one sharingthe views shlud be serious about the subject.
For any GURSIKH Gurbaani is a lifeline.We all must take deliberations seriously.
I may mention that Gurbaani is limitless Sea of Knowledge.No body can claimto
have neasured this sea of DIVINE Knowledge.We all are required to swim into this sea of knowledge like a fish in water.
Our purpose of sharing views should be to know some common basic concept which can be useful for correct interpretation of Gurbaani.This may help us and even coming generations for getting the Gurmati meanings of Gurbaani messages.This can be useful in creating interest in the persons to get connected to Gurbaani
I would request all respectable members to share the views in positive way.It is likely we may get to know something which we might have been missing so far.
I may mention a Proverb..VITA BREVIS ART LONGA...Life is Short and Art is long.
With best wishes and regards
Prakash.Singh.

Oct 7, 2010
Hi Everybody,
I'm Signey and I live in the Matanuska Valley in Alaska. I am not a Sikh yet, but I am very drawn to everything that I have read so far. I've been a seeker of God for many years. I always seem to have problems with priests and authorities telling me what is best for me. As a woman, most religions put me in a powerless position that leaves me feeling angry and under appreciated. I really like the idea that women are respected by the Gurus and held as equal with men. That's not to say that I'm a radical feminist. I'm married and have kids, even have a grandson now. :) I just really like that here I'm not in the spiritual shadow of men. That I can stand in the full light of God and be as precious and as full of potential as the person next to me, no matter what their gender.

I've come here to SPN because I am hoping to find a more balanced education. One that is perhaps more inclusive of Sikh beliefs and teachings outside of the USA. It is unfortunate that there is no Gurudwara anywhere near where I live. It is for this reason that I must rely on the internet to educate myself. This leaves me vulnerable to being misinformed or my misunderstanding important information that could be vital to my growth as a potential Sikh. I am hoping that you all will be my teachers and help me through this learning process.

Thank you all so much and I look forward to being here and learning more!
Signey

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: