• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL KULBIR JI.

DISCUSSION being a noun: a talk between two people or more about the subject usually to exchange ideas or subject, to reach a CONCLUSION or deep discussion what to do next one can offer fro each others.

GURBANI IS ALL ABOUT UNDERSTANDING ,APPLYING TO UR DAILY LIFE STYELS AND SHARING WITH EACH OTHERS AND FOLLOW WITHOUT ANY DISCUSSION. THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCUS OR TO SEEK ANY OPINION ON GURBANI.

GURBANI IS ETERNAL AS WE BELIEVE IN SIKHISM.

WE CAN DISCUSS ANY OTHER AGENDA OR GROWING FAKE BABA'S AND MISLEADING THE COMMUNITY BY NOT FOLLOWING THE BASIC PRINCIPAL OF SIKHISM.

jaspi.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Dear Jaspi:

WKWF

Always remember, Sikh faith is a very simple and meant for space age human beings.

Gur Fateh
:geeksingh:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa! Vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

Kulbirs ji, perhaps you can help me. A few months back, I started a thread asking: " If we strip all the nonessentials off, what must one believe and/or do to be a Sikh?"

I got only once response and would really like to read your take on this. I know it is difficult, and I think it would be well worth the thought and trouble involved.

Here is the link to Mere Sikhi. (Mere in English, not Punjabi.)

Chardi kala and Guru Fateh.

:happykudi:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
One of the most famous discussions in Sikhi can be found in Sidh Gosht. Nanak asks and answers questions. Why not follow his leadership in this? When Gurbani is discussed then the Guru wakes us up. If we simply read and recite it, then we are parrots.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
SQUAWK!! (Mine says "Waheguru!!!!" loud enough to shake the neighbourhood.)

Attachments

• thukiqueen.png
    thukiqueen.png
    60.8 KB · Reads: 144
  • whitefrontedamazon.jpg
    whitefrontedamazon.jpg
    60.6 KB · Reads: 146
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
There is a good story in Sri Guru Granth Sahib about a parrot who saved his mistress by chanting the "Lord's name." This particular parrot said Raaaaaam Raaaaam Raaaaaaaam Raaaaaaaaaam because he was a Hindu parrot. Rescued her from a predicament. I liked that your parrot wakes up the neighborhood saying Waheguru.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Thuki says it LOUD and without prompting and enunciates clearly. I guess she picked it up from my habit of japping Naam. Thuki likes it; it drives the good Irene crazy! I am not sure what the neighbours think, but we have three Sikh families within squawking distance.

Last edited:

kulbirs

SPNer
Apr 26, 2010
SSA Jaspi Ji:

I am not at all interested in going into epistemology of the word 'discussion'. I am completely surprised to read your statement "THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCUS OR TO SEEK ANY OPINION ON GURBANI- GURBANI IS ETERNAL". Gurbani is eternal, there is no doubt or second thought about it, but i think Veerji, you mis-interpreted my words. Discussing or seeking opinion about the way Gurbani is interpreted and understood by the common mass, away from the actual message as conveyed by Guru Sahibans, is the actual meaning of my words. You are unnecessary dragging on a issue which is waste of mine as well as your time.(sorry for being straight)
let's start working on the real and practical things. I am contemplating on some themes on which I want to start a new thread, so let's spend time on that.
Sorry if I have hurt you some way.

Gur Fateh.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Parrots...did you guys hear the joke..that goes like this..
A BUrglar broke into a darkened house...and shining hsi torch began to fill his bag...suddenly he heard a voice.."JESUS IS WATCHING YOU"...........he immediately extinguhed his torch, went quiet and listened..NOTHING. Oh false alarm he decided and once more resumed packing in loot...AGAIN the voice boomed: Jesus is watching you..BEWARE !! This time the burglar managed to locate the voice and shone his torch at it...what he saw was a parrot in a Cage. Did you just warn me ? Yes said the parrot. Whats your name enquired the burglar..OH MY Name is MOSES..replied the parrot. What type of STUPID PEOPLE name their parrot MOSES said the burglar and laughed...The Same type who named their ROTTWEILER...."JESUS" !! replied Moses....and then the rottveiler JUMPED !!

I think Gurbani is using the Ganika and parrot story as an EXAMPLE of what the prevalent BRAHMIN/PUJAREE Class ahd conviced the inncoent public to do. Now the Granthi/Pujaree class among us Sikhs are also conning us with the same tactics..either just repeat the mantra....or better still PAY us to do it on your behalf !! (IF we begin to follow GURU JI..and read...vichaar..THINK..apply Gurbani..we may just find out about the GREAT CON that has been played on us.....hence ALL the Pujaree class is adamant on pushing this mantram thingy.....

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

I agree with your wonderful thoughts.

Hope my few lines will not take more of your time.

The jest of the matter ends right here by acknowledging the followings:

This is the reason Guru Nanak gave us 3 rules of thumb as our GPS to lead a life of a house holder, the three bricks for the foundation of the home of Miri-Piri.

1. Naam Japna. (DAILY HARD WORK AND LIFE STYLE)
2. Kirat Karni . (DAILY HARD WORK AND LIFE STYLE)
3. Vand kei Chakna

jaspi

kulbirs

SPNer
Apr 26, 2010
Dear Jaspji:
SSA

Thank you very much for your appreciation, and thanks for reminding me of Guru Maharaj's GPS. Let's work on some more practical and fruitful things.

Gur Fateh.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL . Kulbir Ji.

May Sat Guru Bless you with spirit of contributions of positive thoughts and Jap
Ji S:wah:ahib our GPS to all life styels.

Jaspi

otilia

SPNer
Jul 29, 2009
Dear Narayanjot Kaur Ji,
this issue reminds me of an answer my youngest daughter once gave me (when she was about 5 years old) when I asked her not to talk so much because she seemed a parrot: "Mum, parrots repeat... I talk.."
there is a difference between both....
Otilia
:seriouskudi:

jaspalswalia

SPNer
Apr 30, 2010
WJKK WJKF,

I am a 30 yr old sikh from Mumbai from SGSS gurdwara, Chembur.

I am here to sensitize all the members here about what happened with our Brothers & Sisters in Operation Blue Star 1984.

With the blessings of alll Gurus, we have initiated a Chaupi Sahibs Ladi vaar path across the country & acorss the world where we want maximum number of participants to participate in this initiative & encourage us to do more such events

You can do this path any time, any where & before 6 june, just email the count of paths done to jaspalswalia@yahoo.co.in so that his can be considered in the counting done at 7.00 pm IST

Pls share this event with all you friends, relatives & all gurdwares, that you know to increase the participation

Thank you for reading & will expect each one of you to support this cause

WJKK WJKF
Jaspal Singh
Deleted personal phone number. This is not a safe Internet practice. Please communicate with Japsal Singh by private message here at SPN. Narayanjot Kaur

Attachments

• Chaupi Sahib Path 2010.PDF
    1.9 MB · Reads: 181

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome jaspalswalia ji

:happykaur: :welcome:

Please make yourself at home here at Sikh Philosophy Network. There are many thoughtful and interesting forum members who will enjoy interacting with you. Please enjoy all of our resources.

Thank you for your interesting post above.

Narayanjot Kaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The thread Introducing Myself is set up to welcome new members and give them an opportunity to tell the forum who they are as individuals. So we want our messages to be welcoming. But some times in our enthusiasm to greet new members comments go off track and tend to open up new avenues for discussion.

I have removed several comments and grouped them together as a new thread which can be found at this web location in the forum. Thank you,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/30307-does-sikhism-need-learned-priestly-class.html

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL..

Kulbirs Ji.

Please forgive DAS for any thing I commented in my reply which make you think I try to hijack your points of view in your posted thread . Das do not have any intentions of that.

If you look deeply about what I wrote is ultimate reply of why and how should perceive our Gurbani.

But my understanding is that we both are on the same page from different point of views.I greatly respect your tolerance to my any word or words which irritate that I tried to divert your message in your thread against what you intend to convey to all members.

However I will not add any more comments or reply to your comments or to hurt your feelings for this thread posted by you. You are most welcome.

Bhul chuk Moaf Veer Ji

jaspi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jasbi ji

Please do take advantage of our private message system to continue your discussion with respected forum member kulbirs, instead of posting it in this thread. This thread is Introducing Myself and as you can see at the top of the page, it is a place for New Members to introduce themselves. Other topics can be the subject of new threads. Thank you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: