• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

snake

SPNer
May 19, 2005
california usa
Re: Int

hi dr,
he sings a lot of songs by bulleh shah and he also sings about baba farid. i was very impressed when i learned that the SGGS has writings from people of other religions in it - it's the only holy book i've ever heard of that does.
he seemed to be popular among sikhs - there were always sikhs in the videos of his concerts in london. there is even a video of him singing in a gurdwara in england.
i've been addicted to him since '98! this addiction has led me down many paths and sparked interests in many different subjects.
there's nothing like a good obsession!

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

Dear Eli

You Are quite right about the songs of farid and bullae shah, actually I have been listening to Nusrat since last 7 years or so while I was in college and even after that and i really like it very much especially sufi songs but really i never thought of any connection of nusrat with sikhism but now I understand what you are saying
most of the nusrat is in punjabi and urdu so if youlike his songs then i presume that you could understand these language well . and if this is the case then offcourse you can enjoy a lot more of such spirtual stuff in Guru Granth sahib it jsut full of it

Jatinder singh

snake

SPNer
May 19, 2005
california usa

that's the funny part - i didn't understand a word he was singing. there's some spiritual "vibe" in his voice that touched my soul. i am trying to teach myself urdu and can recognize some words, but it is slow going. i'd like to learn punjabi too if i live long enough. i chose urdu over punjabi because it is spoken by more people.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: I am old yet new :D

CaramelChocolate said:
Ah! ok... btw, I LOVE the dove display pic..
Thanks. Actually, I was trying to load Baba Farid's pic as my avtaar... but size limitations provoked me to look for other options... and then there I saw this gallery.. and liked this dove one the most. Gives a feeling of peaceful and free-flying life. :thumbup:

jsingh45

SPNer
Jun 2, 2005
chicago
Intro

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself as Jsingh, I just happened to find this site, well let me introduce myself by saying I used to be a very religious (or so I thought sikh youth), I was into Khalistani politics and what not, that was in my teenage years Im 21 now, lol not a buddha yet, however I have changed alot, sadly I have strayed very far from my religion, I currently abuse choice drugs, drink liquor, smoke, and engage in various illegal activites, hence the choice not to put put my name out there, family name sake:) , I found this site and reflected on and was somewhat sad at the turn of my life, My younger brother is a alcholic at the age of 19, after growing up with an alcholic father its hard to see that, and my older brother, well I rarely see him, however something has kept me sane these years...I do hope no one passes judgement on me, as I do not judge others, I even have a tattoo of baba deep singh on my right arm!:) haha another sin!:8-:)but I do have a few others, I am light hearted despite my situation, and I hope to get back into the passion I once thought I had, I have stayed away from the streets for a few months now, however they still seem enticing, God willing this might help and strengthen my resolve, I intened on going to college in fall, and I hope to meet alot of brothers and sisters here, since I do not know any in my area, sorry this took so long but nice to meet you all!

guptfaujaan

SPNer
Oct 25, 2004
Re: I am old yet new :D

wahegurujikakhalsa wahegurujikifateh!!!!!

tis is my 1st post 2 tis forum. nic forum. il try 2 read n post mesages here in future. i use 2 play games on tis forum long bck. 2dy i m visitin tis forum aftr long tim. il try 2 visit daily so tat i can learn more abt sikhi frm u all sangat here.
gr8 sewa aman virji,
gurfateh.

Jun 1, 2004
Re: Intro

Hello Jsingh,

Its nice to see you around and rest assured nobody is passing any judgement on you. You, yourself, realise that you and people around you are in deep trouble, so perhaps you are already half way through resolving your miseries. But you did not elaborate more on reasons for your disillusionment from Sikhi.

Best of Luck
Regards
Aman

jsingh45

SPNer
Jun 2, 2005
chicago
Re: Intro

Hello Brother, well I believe that the dillusionment of my faith began mainly because of the enviroment around me as well as the company I began to chose to keep...however thats just and excuse for a person with a weak mind. I believe that I found many inconsistencies in the faith that I questioned which was never answered to my satisfaction, things I will not mention now but over other posts, I was never "taught" sikhi, the things about it i was only "taught" to believe in it, with out knowing it, hence causing the fallout, thank you for taking the time to reply, peace be with you

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: