• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need Of True Guru

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
"my question" was a request that those who cut/paste gurbani repeatedly, should try to share what they have learned from said gurbani with the rest of us learners. i was trying to frame it in a polite manner, however, this seems to have been misunderstood.

i apologize if this request of seva is too much.

What if they think Gurbani is supreme, their words are not worthy enough for its explanation. So they share only Gurbani.

Is it good to disgrace Gurbani by calling it a CUT/PASTE VERSION? Especialy from a kaur who is AmritDhari.

Copy?

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Gurbani is SUPREME SERIOUS stuff.

Definition of peep:

1. To peek furtively; steal a quick glance.
  2. To peer through a small aperture or from behind something.
  3. To appear as though emerging from a hiding place: [SIZE=+0]the moon peeping through the clouds.[/SIZE]
VERY SERIOUS

Apr 4, 2007
\

Is it good to disgrace Gurbani by calling it a CUT/PASTE VERSION? Especialy from a kaur who is AmritDhari.

Copy?

i apologize with all of my heart of the words "cut/paste" are offensive to anyone. i had not idea i was speaking wrong. i'm very sorry. i would NEVER disgrace gurbani intentionally.

maaf karna. i'm so sorry to have bothered you.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
true, but how do we find the name? i see a lot of shabads telling us not to forget the name, please post how we find it in the first place. :)

Jasleen Kaur Ji,

If I remember from previous conversation with you, You are Amritdhari.

If you are: what did the Panj Pyara conveyed about naam when they did the ceremony?

As far as I know they are supposed to tell something. There is no Sikhi If there is no understanding of Naam.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Jasleen Ji:

please read all gurbani posts posted under:
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19770-guruduarai-hoi-sojhi-paaisee.html

may help you find the answer a bit.

Jasleen Ji,

Perfect Start, I read those.

I also recomend the new thread the same person started on Naam as well.
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19893-gurbani-naam-and-ways-recieve-jewel.html

All this will help only If there is Unconditional Love and Unshakable Faith on Gurbani- otherwise mind will keep wandering for Other's Views.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Apr 4, 2007
Jasleen Kaur Ji,

If I remember from previous conversation with you, You are Amritdhari.

If you are: what did the Panj Pyara conveyed about naam when they did the ceremony?

As far as I know they are supposed to tell something. There is no Sikhi If there is no understanding of Naam.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

uncle ji,

i was trying to stimulate conversation or "vichaar" with this question. yes, i had naam drir at amrit sanchar. but not everyone on this forum is amritdhari. and we are all at different stages of learning and understanding. i was simply hoping to encourage people to discuss the gurbani they were posting.

apparently i have made a mistake in asking this. i will refrain from this in the future.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jasleen ji

Misunderstandings happen because this is the Internet and sometimes someone says something and the context isn't there. So responses come back that aren't always in reply to what we really meant. You know this already.

Anyway, I think in another two replies, you, Pyramid, and Ambardharra will all be in sync. This conversation is one worth having in any case. I am enjoying it.

Thanks for pursueing it. :)

Jan 6, 2007
UK
jasleen_kaur; i apologize with all of my heart of the words "cut/paste" are offensive to anyone. i had not idea i was speaking wrong. i'm very sorry. i would NEVER disgrace gurbani intentionally. __________________quote said:
Dear Jasleen Kaur,

Please do not bow too much unnecessarily. ****************They are themselves not the Sikhs of SGGS but the Sikhs of ***************. It negates their need to understand the shabad themselves. How do you expect them to do Vichaar. Let me assure you, “You have committed no offence.” But made a very valid point of asking them to elaborate on their cut and paste/ their understanding ********* asked them the same some time back. It does not take much intelligence to do cut and paste.

The emotion you have displayed is a positive feedback of your progress into the field of spirituality. *****************Well done. This is beginning of true love fo Our Gurus and Gurbani. It is an indication of a positive life. Do not let your emotions dry like the rest of them.

Mithat nivi Nanaka, Gunn Changayeein Tatt.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi

Last edited by a moderator:

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar
Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi
SGGS JI

SATGURU PRASAAD

jY qin bwxI ivsir jwie ]
ijau pkw rogI ivllwie ]1]
Jai than baanee visar jaae ||
Jio pakaa rogee vilalaae ||1||
That body, which forgets the Word of the Guru’s Bani,
cries out in pain, like a chronic patient. ||1||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan
Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee
charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord each and every day.

SGGS JI

SATGURU PRASAAD

bwr bwr hir ky gun gwvau ]
gur gim Bydu su hir kw pwvau ]1] rhwau ]
Baar baar har kae gun gaavo ||
Gur gam bhaedh s har kaa paavo ||1|| rehaao ||
Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord each and every day.
Meeting with the Guru, you shall come to know the mystery of the Lord.

Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
We need to become a Gurmukh- Guru Oriented.

To gain any benefit the principal condition is total self-surrender to Guru Ji. To lead the life of a disciple total self-surrender is the first step.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
People do Kirtan all day long, There is Spiritual Significance of reciting Gurbani. All those who read Gurbani benefit from it- knowingly or not knowingly

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
I am forever a sacrifice to those who serve their True Guru.
SGGS JI

ANG 21

SATGURU PRASAAD

ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਹਉ ਸਦ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੈ ਤਾਸੁ ॥
sathagur saevae aapanaa ho sadh kurabaanai thaas ||
I am forever a sacrifice to those who serve their True Guru.

Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
One who meets with the Holy True Guru finds the Treasure of Excellence.

SGGS JI

ANG 21

SATGURU PRASAAD

ਸਾਧੂ ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਜੇ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਾ ਪਾਈਐ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ॥੧॥
saadhhoo sathagur jae milai thaa paaeeai gunee nidhhaan ||1||
One who meets with the Holy True Guru finds the Treasure of Excellence. ||1||

Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee