• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Naam Japna

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
This is agin referring to the control Of breath. Although there is no reference in Guru Sahib's bani but there is a reference to the control of Breath in the following as well.

Kycr BUcr qulsI mwlw gur prswdI pwieAw ] (973-8, rwmklI, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
Control of the breath and positioning of the tongue, focusing at the third eye and wearing malas of tulsi beads, are all obtained through Guru's Grace.
nwmw pRxvY prm qqu hY siqgur hoie lKwieAw ]3]3] (973-9, rwmklI, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
Naam Dayv prays, this is the supreme essence of reality; the True Guru has inspired this realization. ||3||3||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
The following also gives reference to Kundalini/10th Gate.[this may be upto ang 974[19]].One may refer the full ang.

ieVw ipMgulw Aaur suKmnw qIin bsih iek TweI ] (974-6, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
The energy channels of the Ida, Pingala and Shushmanaa: these three dwell in one place.
byxI sMgmu qh iprwgu mnu mjnu kry iqQweI ]1] (974-6, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
This is the true place of confluence of the three sacred rivers: this is where my mind takes its cleansing bath. ||1||
sMqhu qhw inrMjn rwmu hY ] (974-7, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
O Saints, the Immaculate Lord dwells there;
gur gim cInY ibrlw koie ] (974-7, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
how rare are those who go to the Guru, and understand this.
qhW inrMjnu rmeIAw hoie ]1] rhwau ] (974-7, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
The all-pervading immaculate Lord is there. ||1||Pause||
dyv sQwnY ikAw nIswxI ] (974-8, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
What is the insignia of the Divine Lord's dwelling?
qh bwjy sbd Anwhd bwxI ] (974-8, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
The unstruck sound current of the Shabad vibrates there.
qh cMdu n sUrju pauxu n pwxI ] (974-9, rwmklI, Bgq byxI jI)
There is no moon or sun, no air or water there.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I am giving below some more references that states that Kundalini awakening /opening Of 10th Gate is a must before any significant progress can be thought to have been attained. This is Raj Yoga and The Bhatt[poets] have stated this to be in the praise of Gru Arjan dev ji as well. I do not think I have anything more to tell you,sir.It is your turn now to enlighten us with your valuable opinion.As per sikhism it has been stated in GUrbani that Kundalini Awakening happens automatically in the holy sangat.

Page 1043, Line 13
ਨਿਉਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਭੁਇਅੰਗਮ ਭਾਠੀ ॥
निउली करम भुइअंगम भाठी ॥
Ni­ulī karam bẖu­i­angam bẖāṯẖī.
Inner cleansing techniques, channeling the energy to raise the Kundalini to the Tenth Gate,
Guru Nanak Dev - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]Page 1343, Line 6
ਨਿਵਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਭੁਅੰਗਮ ਭਾਠੀ ਰੇਚਕ ਪੂਰਕ ਕੁੰਭ ਕਰੈ ॥
निवली करम भुअंगम भाठी रेचक पूरक कु्मभ करै ॥
Nivlī karam bẖu­angam bẖāṯẖī rėcẖak pūrak kumbẖ karai.
You may perform exercises of inner purification, and fire up the furnace of the Kundalini, inhaling and exhaling and holding the breath.
Guru Nanak Dev - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]Page 1402, Line 10
ਕੁੰਡਲਨੀ ਸੁਰਝੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੁਖਿ ਮਚਾ ॥
कुंडलनी सुरझी सतसंगति परमानंद गुरू मुखि मचा ॥
Kundlanī surjẖī saṯsangaṯ parmānanḏ gurū mukẖ macẖā.
The Kundalini rises in the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation; through the Word of the Guru, they enjoy the Lord of Supreme Bliss.
Bard Ga-yand - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
hau iqn kY bilhwrxY ijnw nwmy lgw ipAwru ] (26-10, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
I am a sacrifice to those who are in love with the Naam.
syeI suKIey chu jugI ijnw nwmu AKutu Apwru ]3] (26-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
Those who attain the Inexhaustible Name of the Infinite Lord remain happy throughout the four ages. ||3||
gur imilAY nwmu pweIAY cUkY moh ipAws ] (26-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
Meeting with the Guru, the Naam is obtained, and the thirst of emotional attachment departs.
hir syqI mnu riv rihAw Gr hI mwih audwsu ] (26-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
When the mind is permeated with the Lord, one remains detached within the home of the heart.
ijnw hir kw swdu AwieAw hau iqn bilhwrY jwsu ] (26-12, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
I am a sacrifice to those who enjoy the Sublime Taste of the Lord.
nwnk ndrI pweIAY scu nwmu guxqwsu ]4]1]34] (26-13, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
O Nanak, by His Glance of Grace, the True Name, the Treasure of Excellence, is obtained. ||4||1||34||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
This paper was presented in International Sikh Conferences 2004​

Sikh Vision of the Cosmic Order[/FONT]

Narindar Singh

The paper endeavours to bring out the spiritual dimensions by sifting through the theological concepts enunciated by the Gurus as enshrined in Guru Granth Sahib. The concepts reveal about the nature of God – the ultimate metaphysical reality, the nature of creation and functioning of the universe according to divine will. These concepts have a strong bearing in the development of Sikh ideology. Sikh vision of the cosmic order is organized into three parts for convenience of presentation. These are: Nature of Ultimate Reality and Creation of Universe, Human Destiny, and Realization of Akal Purakh (God). I have commenced the paper with Guru Nanak’s Divine mission and considered appropriate to say a few words about the Sikh scripture Guru Granth Sahib.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
jqu squ sMjmu nwmu hY ivxu nwvY inrmlu n hoie ] (33-5, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is abstinence, truthfulness, and self-restraint. Without the Name, no one becomes pure.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
This paper was presented in International Sikh Conferences 2004​

Part III - Realization of Akal Purakh[/FONT]

Narindar Singh[/FONT]​

kindly Google out.It is very interesting write up.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
From the above verses of the Gurbani, it becomes clear that the Shabad, Guru, Satguru, God, Naam (Divine Name), Divine Light, Word, Anhad-Dhuni, Naad (Divine Sound), Hukam, Bani, etc., are virtually synonymous. It also becomes clear that the Shabad or Naam not only resides in the bosom of all beings, it also pervades the entire creation as butter in the milk, and as fire in the wood. It is the Unstruck Celestial Sound that vibrates, creates, guides, controls, directs, sustains, and animates every particle of the cosmos.
  • Jetaa keetaa teta Nayu. Vin Naavai naahee ko thaayu: The created universe is the manifestation of God's Name. O God, without Your Name, there is no place at all (sggs 4).
  • Shabad deepak vartai tih loyi: The Word of the Shabad is a lamp, illuminating the three worlds (sggs 664).
  • Su Shabad kayu nirantar vaas alkham jah dekhaa tah soyee: That Shabad dwells deep within the nucleus of all beings. God is invisible; (also visible) wherever I look, there I see Him (sggs 944).
  • Naam ke dhaaresagle jant.....Namm ke dhaare pureeyaa sabh bhavan: The Naam is the Support of all creatures. The Naam is the Support of the earth and solar systems. The Naam is the Support of the Simritees, the Vedas and the Puraanas. The Naam is the Support by which we hear of spiritual wisdom and meditation. The Naam is the Support of the Akaashic ethers and the nether regions. The Naam is the Support of all bodies. The Naam is the Support of all worlds and realms (sggs 284).
To put it in simple language, the Shabad or Naam is akin to a subtle bridge between the Source and His material universe. One must cross this bridge to go back to Divine Home ("Nij Ghar" or Pure Self) within. This is to say that, without Realizing the Essence of the Shabad (Naam, Bani, etc.) within, one can not link with his True Self. But, as the Gurbani says, rare is the one who, by becoming a Gurmukh (Spiritual Being), reflects on the True Shabad (Naam) within. Rest of us — stumbling around in delusion — search for It in the gross objects of the mirage-like fleeting, perishable or changeful world!
  • Tanu manu khoje taa naaou paae: Search your body and mind, and find the Name (sggs 110).
  • Raam naam aatam mahi sodhai: He searches for the Divine Name within his own soul (sggs 274).
  • Vadabhaagee gharu khojiaa paaiaa naam nidhaan: By great good fortune, I searched my body, and found the treasure of the Naam within (sggs 757).
  • Kaaiaa nagaree sabade khoje naam navam nidhi paaee: One who searches the village of the body, through the Shabad, obtains the nine treasures of the Naam within (sggs 910).
  • Bin Shabdai Pir na paayeeai birthaa janam gavaayi: Without the Shabad, one does not find her Divine Beloved, and her life wastes away in vain (sggs 31).
  • Hari jeeyu saachaa saachee Bani Shabad milaavaa hoyi: The Dear God is True, and True is the Word of His Bani. Through the Shabad, we merge with Him (sggs 32).
  • Naamai te sabh oopjai bhaayee nayi visariyai mar jaayi: Naam is the creator of everything. To forsake Naam is death (sggs 603).
  • Gur kai sabde aap pashaanai: Realize the Self through the Shabad (sggs 224).
  • Nanak naam na veesarai shootai sabad kamaae: O Nanak, do not forget the Naam; without practicing and Realizing the Shabad, you will not be liberated (sggs 62).
  • Gurmukhi saach sabad beechharai koi: Rare is the one who, by becoming a Gurmukh (Spiritual Being), reflects on the True Shabad (sggs 946).
—T. Singh
Sikhism: Reflections On Gurbani

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: