• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Jim RinX,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for sharing your life story. To say that I feel you pain would be an insult to what you have been going through for the past some years. This Gurmat forum is there to discuss and to disagree if one does and to express why and give reasons for that. Probably, I took your comment," Sikhs for Dummies" book in an extreme way and made you upset for which I do apologise. That was not the intention. For me a dummy is who refuses to learn, but as the name Sikh means- a student, a seeker and a learner then one may be a slow learner but never a dummy because Sikhi is an idea based not personality based as other religions are and some take longer than others to advance that idea within.

All I can say is that we all pray together so that life becomes less painful and you are successful in whatever you plan to do to make it so.

I have no idea if you are familiar with the Sikh Ardaas- Prayer- which ends with the following phrase:

" Nanak Naam chardi kala, terei bhanei sarbat dah bhala".

In other words, in a nutshell-those who are able to find the connection with the ONE by practicing Gurmat ideals, learn to wear the robe of sadness with the same dignity as they would wear it during happy times( Chardi Kala). By learning the tools how to do that they develop a keen desire for the wellness and goodness of all humanity irrespective of hue,creed or faith .

This is the way Sikh Ardaas ends every time.

We are all Peace Warriors what some call the Saint Soldiers in this journey of ours and I consider you one of those. I admire your fight against the forces that have betrayed you and good luck in your journey ahead.

I am sure we will have enough time in the future to share each other's sense of humour which we all tend to possess.:)

Stay in Chardi Kala.

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JimRinX ji

Your story moved me enough to read it line by line several times. And when you can put aside all concerns about the "Dummies" comment -- please know that your intent was clear to me. Yes, we know that series if we live in the States.

One thing that will always protect you is your way of being completely true to your own heart. That is why you had the connection to the SatGuru that you tell us about. It was his way of placing his hand on your harm just gently for a moment and saying, You are going to be OK because you are standing beside Me and I am standing beside you. (Of course this is not a concrete thing as Akaal is not a thing). Intense worry felt by a truthful person -- merits a moment where He imbues with tranquility. But you see what I mean -- You had an immediate sense of His closeness to you. This did, does and will carry you through.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: