• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kara Parshad Prepared Is A Ritual?

Oct 11, 2006
Patiala,Punjab.
Jasbir ji....i said "SACRED"...theres a difference between Sacred and HYGENIC..clean..etc. One is PHYSICAL..the other is Spiritual based.

I wouldnt eat "degh" if i can see a dead lizard in it..even if a thousand shabads were read on it.

1. Shabads ( Actually its JAPJI SAHIB....and at read at a Normal speed Japji Sahib actually COINCIDES with the Time it takes for the ATTA to be perfectly cooked !! Have known this for ages and tried it..a sort of automatic TIMER !!) are a means of concentrating GOOD VIBES, spirituality environment in the making of degh. Same formula is applied when BANI is read during Khandeh batte Dee pahul preparation. Bani is read while the Batta is held with ONE Hand and the Khanda is stirred with the SECOND Hand...and the EYES concentrate on the WATER.).

2. The SHOES taken off..is hygienic based. Normally Indians never wear shoes in the house..esp in the KITCHEN where food is prepared..SHOES are BANNED as a matter of course.No shoes in Darbar sahib, langgar hall, Kitchens etc. At home IF one wishes..as an individual sikh owner of ones house..of course one can wear shoes even to bed....no worries he he..
The person making Karrah Parshaad/ cooking in the Langgar Kitchen should have CLEAN FEET..clean HANDS etc too...no point having shoes removed..BUT Feet FILTHY..Hands GREASY..and Nails long and dirt encrusted etc...gross...so just "removing shoes" is NOT ritual...it has to be seen in CONTEXT...100% Cleanliness all around.

But, Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, with all due respect, wearing freshly cleaned gloves and socks would be much more hygienic and much less slimy, in all that heat.

Oct 11, 2006
Patiala,Punjab.
The SRM states that the ardass should be.."Karrah parshaad PARVAAN HOVEH."
Meaning we are asking Guru Jis Blessings.

But many sikhs..esp the derawadee/taksali types..say" AAP JI NU BHOG LAGGEH....or SING the Shabad Bhog laggeh har rai..."

The Shabd in question is SPIRITUALLY based and a zillion miles away form what these people mean as "BHOG Launna". !! The Shabad means something entirely DIFFERENT. ( Please find it..and read it..and its meanings jios...)

BHOG Launna is a HINDU Ritual whereby the STONE IDOLS in Hindu Mandir are actually "Force-fed" by the Brahmin Priest..FOOD is put to the Mouth of the stone idol. And of curse the Idol being incapable of consumption..the food is actually consumed by humans - read Brahmins.

The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is NOT an IDOL..its NOT a Murtee..its Not a "Guru" that needs to be FED. Since its made of Paper and covered..the :force-feeding" is not done (at the moment) but the day is not far when IF this type of Thinking is widely accepted..then i can foresee the "Brhamin -Soch- Sikh" going up to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, lifting up the Rumalla and touching the food to the pages !! IT already happens in a ritual called "DRSHAN LEANNA"...whereby devotees lift up the Rumallah and perform "Darshan"...

The NANAKSAREE DERAWADEES have popularized a tall tale whereby their Waddeh baba Ji did indeed FORCE GURU NANAK JI to EMERGE out of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Consume the food he placed in a thaal underneath the Palki sahib. ( To me this Tall tale is the exact same way the DHONGEE BABA RAMDEV is trying to 'BRING BACK" so called Kaala Dhan Black money....out of SWISS BANK VAULTS...by "FASTING" in DELHI !! well thats beside the point ha ha..IF a baba in jagraon can bring back Guru nanak ji just for a feast of daal roti..surely another can bring out the black money ) Anyway THIS is the ORIGIN of the BHOG LAUNNA tall tale based Ritual. Many have begun bringing a Thaal of food..rotis, kheer, jalebis and a glass of WATER !! covered and placed in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for Bhog Launna ...a Progression..because the Guru too needs some variety form eating just karrah parshaad all this while ???..Some "soojhvaan" shardhavaan etc sikhs..refuse to PUT a Kirpan into HOT Karrah Parshaad....why ?? The KIRPAN is Guru nanank jis TONGUE,,stupid...and IF your TONGUE gets burnt by HOT Food..its logical Guru Jis TONGUE will also be BURNT...Yeah Man right..absolutely...so watch out on the mirchee and the garam masallas and it automatically cuts out tandooree ???? because Guru surely wont eat non-veg...apparently the Guru must love vegetarian pizzas..hamburgers too and Bananas and coconuts..esp if tied with a red ribbon..Guru just loves red ribbons on his food...wow wow

Beautifully said, Gyaniji. Just love it.:grinningsingh::grinningsingh::grinningsingh:

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is NOT an IDOL..its NOT a Murtee..its Not a "Guru" that needs to be FED. Since its made of Paper and covered..the :force-feeding" is not done (at the moment) but the day is not far when IF this type of Thinking is widely accepted..then i can foresee the "Brhamin -Soch- Sikh" going up to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, lifting up the Rumalla and touching the food to the pages !! IT already happens in a ritual called "DRSHAN LEANNA"...whereby devotees lift up the Rumallah and perform "Darshan"...

I think SGGS IS being considered a murti as it has a SUKH AASAN fitted with air-conditioning in most gurdwaras. Since its made of paper, it's not going to feel hot like human skin.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I think Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji IS being considered a murti as it has a SUKH AASAN fitted with air-conditioning in most gurdwaras. Since its made of paper, it's not going to feel hot like human skin.

Ha Ha Astroboy Ji..SGGS is NOT an IDOL...VS..I Think its being Considered an Idol..ha ha..

Reminded me of this joke. This man was hauled to court on a charge of .."beating up on his wife". Your Honour..I DID NOT beat up my wife, the man protested..I WAS GOING TO BEAT her up "...Beat her up..going to beta her up..its the Same Thing replied the judge..Fined 100 Dollars .....Next case .. A few minutes later the Bailiff was dragging in the same man before the Judge...He refuses to Pay the Fine Your Honour...No NO YOUr honour..I never refused to pay the fine..I was Just GOING TO PAY the fine....and since your Honour just now decided that GOING TO is the same as DOING IT...I think I have done the correct thing...Going to beat my wife = Going to pay the fine. case closed ??

SO Is "being CONSIDERED" an IDOL make the SGGS an IDOL ?? I agree that EVERYTHING being DONE in GURDWARAS TODAY is actually 99% NOT as per GURMATT. 99% of it is RITUAL...against what the GURU Preaches..and WRONG. SEWA is NOT what Gurbani defines as SEWA...Paath is NOT what Gurbani defines as Paath...Simran is NOT what Gurbani defines as Simran..Prabhandaks are NOT what Gurbani defines as Parbhandaks..the GuruDWARA is NOT a DOOR to the Guru at all...its a entrance to the Ball park....its NOT a place to Meet the Guru...no "Darshan" takes place...no Learning takes place..No Kirtan takes place...no Katha takes place..and certainly NO one goes back having learnt anything..worthy and even if something is learnt..there is no check and balance to say whether the learning is PRACTICED...and APPLIED. The Guru is a MUTE Spectator...made to speak what we want to "listen"....Do what we want to DO...and Thats IT..see YOU all next Programme day..snagrand..so and sos wedding..soa nd so bhog..the next Gurpurab...i forget whaich Guru's...birthday? gurgadee or whatever..there is an akhand paath..so lets be merry..bring along your latest galaxy iiiS..Ipad..lappy..or the latest suit cloth etc facebook chat..whatever..and show how your tablet runs Gurbani Anywhere faster..how your facebook app cna let you crash through japji sahib in Rock Music Band style..or the latest dg kharagg teer tupak rap by that tabla sensation ragi so and so..wow..japposatnamwaheguru:japposatnamwaheguru:japposatnamwaheguru:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I agree that EVERYTHING being DONE in GURDWARAS TODAY is actually 99% NOT as per GURMATT. 99% of it is RITUAL

no, its much worse than that, of the 99% that is not Gurmatt, most people believe it to be Gurmatt, which then gets passed down another generation.

Try talking to a group of 'Sikhs' about this topic and watch the guffaws and laughter as you try and explain no Guru would have had more than one wife, or try denouncing the caste system, or the dowry system, or the fact that kesh is completely irrelevant if you do not have the heart to back it up.

I see misinformation everywhere, all over the internet on so called Sikh sites, in people I talk to, family, to the point where I have ceased correcting people. In order to see the whole picture, understanding is needed and that is what is missing, let us rejoice as to where pointless Naam Japping and speed reading Bani has got us, a religion of robots who know everything and understand nothing and practice even less.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The New improved verison of SRM to be released by The Gang of Five Headed by jathedar Harry haller Ji..reads...

Definition of SIKH.... One who knows everything and understands nothing and practices even less.
:singhsippingcoffee::singhsippingcoffee::singhsippingcoffee::singhsippingcoffee::singhsippingcoffee:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: