• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Idol Worship?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Ambarsaria ji is right. From the very beginning you have tried to sneak in your Hindutva mentality into Gurbani and was challenged as you are being now.

When you do not have the answer which you never do, you put your head in the sand. This is a Sikhi forum. We can discuss your Hindutva if you want to, but you do not have to have a guise of a Sikh to do that. It is a shameful thing to do.

You have never given us the interpretastions in your words the whole Shabads that you contested about despite our many requests but you subliminally tried to introduce your Hindutva mindset in Sikhi, sad to say that.

Many people like you in a Sikhi garb come and visit this wonderful forum but eventually they get caught because Ik Ong Kaar shows us the way when someone is pretending to be a Sikh with a Hindutva mentality as you have been doing for years.

Now the Sikh reality has come to bite you, you no where.

Enjoy your Hindutva journey

Tejwant Singh

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji thanks for your post.

This Sir is the most insulting thing you can say in the name or guise of an intellectual or Gurbani student. This is a straight extrapolation of Hindu Philosophy to some how link it to our Guru jis, who spent all their lives helping such forsaken. May you get wisdom one day. Probably getting late given your age and this is how you spent all your 60 years as a Sikh. One wonders how many you so misguided!

Another insulting comment. Now let us see if you can some how link it to Hari-diwar (Hardawar). So I suppose you go to Hardawar (door to your Omnipotent) to enter and come out at Harmandir Sahib as described by you.

So attack on Harmandir Sahib in 1984 was an attack on the Mandir of the Omnipotent. I wonder how it is even possible to do so because the bricks acted like bricks, people there were made of flesh got burnt and killed by bullets, the Marble acted like marble against bullets and what was set on fire burnt. Probably the omni-potent went on vacation or perhaps that is not what is meant by Harmandir or Darbar Sahib.

It is good you have finally shown your true colors. A person trapped in Hindu mythology and sees through such colored glasses.

The closest that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji comes to giving a name is in the following,

(Ik▫oaʼnkār)
............... even here right away it is stated as infinite and undefinable, somehow you have defined what Guru ji say cannot be defined!

I am very sad and sorry to read your post.

Sat Sri Akal.

AMBARSARIA Ji,
Who is right or wrong,You have no right to decide.Thru this I have also come to know the quality of thinking of a person of your status.
I know you are unable to differentiate the meanings of the words GuRoo/GuRu and GuR.You are also unable to understand the difference between Ik and EK
I feel a clear cut politics being played by your goodself I do understand what is right or wrong.
May GuRu be helpful.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
TEJWANT SINGH Ji,
I am not a teacher so I can be of no use regarding what you want to know.
Better you give more thinking to Gurbani words and I am sure GuRu will be teaching you with grace.
I find you dont believe that all Noun /Adjective words have specific meaning attached to it.Your good NAME is TEJWANT SINGh,isnt it.
Now is the word TEJWANT meaningless or it has some good meaning to convey.This is for you to analyse what you should know with respect to NOUN/ADJECTIVE words in Gurbani.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Parakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Nice cop out as usual. Now, take your head out of the sand and tell me which words in Gurmukhi

Now you are contradicting yourself as you have done many times in the past. I do not understand. If you are not a teacher then how can you claim that I do not understand the words in Gurmukhi and which one. I am still waiting for the answer which you claim to know.

Please stick to the subject. We will talk about the rest later on.

Regards

Tejwant Singh
PS:No copping out please. Be a brave which ever your religion teaches you to be.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Ambarsaria ji is right. From the very beginning you have tried to sneak in your Hindutva mentality into Gurbani and was challenged as you are being now.

When you do not have the answer which you never do, you put your head in the sand. This is a Sikhi forum. We can discuss your Hindutva if you want to, but you do not have to have a guise of a Sikh to do that. It is a shameful thing to do.

You have never given us the interpretastions in your words the whole Shabads that you contested about despite our many requests but you subliminally tried to introduce your Hindutva mindset in Sikhi, sad to say that.

Many people like you in a Sikhi garb come and visit this wonderful forum but eventually they get caught because Ik Ong Kaar shows us the way when someone is pretending to be a Sikh with a Hindutva mentality as you have been doing for years.

Now the Sikh reality has come to bite you, you no where.

Enjoy your Hindutva journey

Tejwant Singh

For the first time I am realising a true character of A Gur Sikh.Wonderful
I am surprised Sikhs are so scared .
Prakash.S.Bagga

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
For the first time I am realising a true character of A Gur Sikh.Wonderful

Prakash.S.Bagga

Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for admitting for the first time that you are not a Sikh but a Hindu is a Sikhi garb.

It is your self concocted fallacy like of many other Hindus that Sikhs are scared.

Thanks to SGGS, our only Guru, Sikhs will never be scared as you claim about Us. Merah Satguru Rakhvala hohah - My Ik Ong kaar has my back

It is you who as a Hindu in a Sikhi garb is scared because you are not able to answer anything in an honest manner. Dishonesty is not a Sikhi trait.

I do appreciate your candor and admittance that you are not a Sikh and have been playing games as one with your Hindu mentality.

Thanks for being honest for the first time after so many years of sneaking in here as a Hindu. You thought you will never be caught which is a self defeating prophecy.

Enjoy your Hindu journey. Sikhi is not against anyone. Sikhi is only against the pretenders and today Prakash Singh Bagga who has called himself a Sikh has no clothes on. "The Hindu Emperor" has been de-clothed.

All the praise goes to Ik Ong Kaar, the ONLY ONE.

Tejwant Singh

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for admitting for the first time that you are not a Sikh but a Hindu is a Sikhi garb.

It is your self concocted fallacy like of many other Hindus that Sikhs are scared.

Thanks to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru, Sikhs will never be scared as you claim about Us. Merah Satguru Rakhvala hohah - My Ik Ong kaar has my back

It is you who as a Hindu in a Sikhi garb is scared because you are not able to answer anything in an honest manner. Dishonesty is not a Sikhi trait.

I do appreciate your candor and admittance that you are not a Sikh and have been playing games as one with your Hindu mentality.

Thanks for being honest for the first time after so many years of sneaking in here as a Hindu. You thought you will never be caught which is a self defeating prophecy.

Enjoy your Hindu journey. Sikhi is not against anyone. Sikhi is only against the pretenders and today Prakash Singh Bagga who has called himself a Sikh has no clothes on. "The Hindu Emperor" has been de-clothed.

All the praise goes to Ik Ong Kaar, the ONLY ONE.

Tejwant Singh

I find the above nothing but your frustration.Doesnt matter.It always happens so.Never mind.
Guru can take care of everything.I strongly believe so.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Another BOGUS interpretation.

Sikhi teaches you to take care of yourself and others. How, through understanding one creator and creation of this one creator. Live with ever increasing understanding in your actions.

Prakash.S.Bagga ji if I were you I would not say much today as it keeps revealing more of true you. Rest up and reflect and share later.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I find the above nothing but your frustration.Doesnt matter.It always happens so.Never mind.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Prakash Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are wrong again. It makes no sense for me to get frustrated. You have been caught as a Hindu pretending to be a Sikh. I am rather relieved now.

I am sure your Sai Baba or which ever Guru you worship as a Hindu will take care of you.:whatzpointsing:

You just can not play your tricks here anymore.:singhsippingcoffee:

Tejwant Singh

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I did end up searching and following shared,
prakash.s.bagga said:
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I know you are unable to differentiate the meanings of the words GuRoo/GuRu and GuR.

Ambarsaria says,
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-...an-nitnem-gurbani-study-you-6.html#post157641

GuR..........Word without any matra under R ................ ਗੁਰ=====> Creator
GuRu........Word with matra of Aukad under R .............. ਗੁਰੁ=====> of Creator
GuRoo......Word with matra of Dulakad ....................... ਗੁਰੂ=====> Teacher
Prakash.S.Bagga

GuR................................EKANKAARu/.GuR JoT(i)/Prabhu....CREATOR

GuRu................................THE KNOWLEDGE/SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE/

GuRoo.............................SABADu(ASingle Word)

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/37695-waheguru-simran-nitnem-gurbani-study-you-7.html#post157661
prakash.s.bagga said:
You are also unable to understand the difference between Ik and EK
Your second question above,

The
੧ is not joined to "E-EAM[ > -kwr["

੧ ----> ਇੱਕ and it is not Ek or ਏਕ[FONT="] which is Devanagari/Hindi[/FONT]

Of course Ek or
ਏਕ is a word in Punjabi with the meaning (One of or from one). ੧ is unambiguously a number 1.
Hence EKANKAAR is totally wrong. I realize why you at one time wanted to see the two joined in paintings. That will make it EKANKAAR and unfortunately would have been contrary to Gurbani as written.

That only leaves it as stated
ੴ (Ik▫oaʼnkār)
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurma...r-god-sri-guru-granth-sahib-4.html#post157146
Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Would that mean Vishnu is god because he appeared in one of his avatars and he is called the lord??
Dear Numerical Sister here is a nice link,I prefer this method of referencing by copying the send option at srigranth.org.The full Shabad then can be easily looked up.
Would this new link reference method and it's new availability be acceptable to fellow SPNers and Admin?

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਇਕ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਆਪੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਾਰੀ ॥੧੨॥
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani
ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਇਕ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਆਪੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਾਰੀ ॥੧੨॥ ब्रहमा बिसनु महेस इक मूरति आपे करता कारी ॥१२॥ Barahmā bisan mahes ik mūraṯ āpe karṯā kārī. ||12|| Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are manifestations of the One God. He Himself is the Doer of deeds. ||12||

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2009
India
13800038;

Guru Fateh.

The Shabad is based on Hindu mythology and it gives us the insight of people who dwell in me-ism, which is derived from power and egotism. This Shabad is used as a metaphor because of the basis of Hindu Mythology and if you know something about mythology, most of the things are imagined. In Sikhi, Ik Ong Kaar is not a personified deity but Formless,Timeless, Genderless Energy. So, this deity in the Shabad which is also a kind of Sakhi has nothing to do with the Sikhi concept of Ik Ong Kaar.

First of all the literal translation in English is quite misleading. This is the reason, I ask the posters not to post anything blindly but give your own version along with it so the distorted things can be corrected.

However, he last three verses of the Shabad explain everything:

The interpretation is mine:

ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾ ਕੇ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਕਾਰਜ ਸਵਾਰੇ ॥
संत जना के हरि जीउ कारज सवारे ॥
Sanṯ janā ke har jī▫o kāraj savāre.

Those who shed ME-ISM and dwell in ONE-ISM, their lives are full of peace and they are able to confront all odds that life offers them/us.

ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਜਨ ਕੇ ਇਕੀਹ ਕੁਲ ਉਧਾਰੇ ॥
प्रहलाद जन के इकीह कुल उधारे ॥
Parahlāḏ jan ke ikīh kul uḏẖāre.

This is the continuation of the Hindu mythology which meains that the 21 generations of Prahalad learnt from his actions of just being with the ONE and started living in ONE-ism, sans egotism. They seeked the only ONE Ik Ong Kaar.

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਰੇ ॥
गुर कै सबदि हउमै बिखु मारे ॥
Gur kai sabaḏ ha▫umai bikẖ māre.

Only Shabad Guru can make us get rid of ego and Me-ism so that we can breed goodness within and share with others, hence make them better.

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਿ ਸੰਤ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ॥੫॥੧੦॥੨੦॥
नानक राम नामि संत निसतारे ॥५॥१०॥२०॥
Nānak rām nām sanṯ nisṯāre. ||5||10||20||

Oh, Guru Nanak, this is the only way out. When one breeds goodness with the help of Ik Ong Kaar then,one lives in peace with him/herself and others whom they get in touch with.
Guru Granth Sahib Page 1133

@ Parkash Singh ji,

The concept of omnipotent Hari/God./Yahweh/ Allah etc etc is the Ambrahamical concept, not a Sikhi one and it is linked to a deity, which Sikhi rejects.

I would like you to study about this in a deeper manner from Sikhi point of view..

If what you claim were true, then there would not be any Manmukh. All will be Gurmukhs.

Hence your claim, "HARi MANDIR means MANDIR OF OMNIPOTENT" is bogus and an insult to Sikhi because as mentioned before, Sikhi has no concept like that.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Dear Tejwant ji,

Please forgive me for jumping in and being blatant. Your translation is distorted and incorrect.
The shabad reflects the Love of Lord /His Devotion and significance of Naam simran or Naam Japna. Kindly refer to Dr. Sahib singh ji [ Page 1133 of Guru Granth Sahib] for correct and detailed meaning.

Prahlad was in devotion to" Naam"/name, by whichever name called of his Isht i.e the one in whom he believed.
The shabad is an example of as to how a devotee, having faith in his Lord, can get Mukti/Liberation by constant simran of Naam or Name of Lord/God/Rab/ Creator.

Prahlad is stated to have been in simran of His Guru/God/Lord/ Rab... through constant and continuous remembrance of his Naam/Name. He got his 21 generations liberated as well.

One cannot generalize the meaning to suit convenience for short term objectives. In sikhi this is ruled out.

Respected Prakash. S. Bagga ji

Har mandar is inside us i.e in our mind. This body is, therefore, Hari Mandar. One should be fully ware of the Gurbani words. I fully appreciate your message. Posted below is one Full-shabad dealing with Har mandar. Gurbani has many references to the term Hari Mandar/Har Mandar all pointing to the same that is body/mind being the temple of God.
ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ਮਹਲਾ ਬਿਭਾਸ
प्रभाती महला ३ बिभास
Parbẖāṯī mėhlā 3 bibẖās
Prabhaatee, Third Mehl, Bibhaas:
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਵੇਖੁ ਤੂ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ
गुर परसादी वेखु तू हरि मंदरु तेरै नालि ॥
Gur parsādī vekẖ ṯū har manḏar ṯerai nāl.
By Guru's Grace, see that the Temple of the Lord is within you.
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਖੋਜੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
हरि मंदरु सबदे खोजीऐ हरि नामो लेहु सम्हालि ॥१॥
Har manḏar sabḏe kẖojī▫ai har nāmo leho samĥāl. ||1||
The Temple of the Lord is found through the Word of the Shabad; contemplate the Lord's Name. ||1||
ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਪੈ ਰੰਗੁ ਹੋਇ
मन मेरे सबदि रपै रंगु होइ ॥
Man mere sabaḏ rapai rang ho▫e.
O my mind, be joyfully attuned to the Shabad.
ਸਚੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਸਚਾ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
सची भगति सचा हरि मंदरु प्रगटी साची सोइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Sacẖī bẖagaṯ sacẖā har manḏar pargatī sācẖī so▫e. ||1|| rahā▫o.
True is devotional worship, and True is the Temple of the Lord; True is His Manifest Glory. ||1||Pause||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਹੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਹੈ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਰਤਨਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ
हरि मंदरु एहु सरीरु है गिआनि रतनि परगटु होइ ॥
Har manḏar ehu sarīr hai gi▫ān raṯan pargat ho▫e.
This body is the Temple of the Lord, in which the jewel of spiritual wisdom is revealed.
ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੂਲੁ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਮਾਣਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
मनमुख मूलु न जाणनी माणसि हरि मंदरु न होइ ॥२॥
Manmukẖ mūl na jāṇnī māṇas har manḏar na ho▫e. ||2||
The self-willed manmukhs do not know anything at all; they do not believe that the Lord's Temple is within. ||2||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਸਾਜਿਆ ਰਖਿਆ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ
हरि मंदरु हरि जीउ साजिआ रखिआ हुकमि सवारि ॥
Har manḏar har jī▫o sāji▫ā rakẖi▫ā hukam savār.
The Dear Lord created the Temple of the Lord; He adorns it by His Will.
ਧੁਰਿ ਲੇਖੁ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਸੁ ਕਮਾਵਣਾ ਕੋਇ ਮੇਟਣਹਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
धुरि लेखु लिखिआ सु कमावणा कोइ न मेटणहारु ॥३॥
Ḏẖur lekẖ likẖi▫ā so kamāvaṇā ko▫e na metaṇhār. ||3||
All act according to their pre-ordained destiny; no one can erase it. ||3||
ਸਬਦੁ ਚੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਚੈ ਨਾਇ ਪਿਆਰ
सबदु चीन्हि सुखु पाइआ सचै नाइ पिआर ॥
Sabaḏ cẖīnėh sukẖ pā▫i▫ā sacẖai nā▫e pi▫ār.
Contemplating the Shabad, peace is obtained, loving the True Name.
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਕੋਟੁ ਅਪਾਰ ॥੪॥
हरि मंदरु सबदे सोहणा कंचनु कोटु अपार ॥४॥
Har manḏar sabḏe sohṇā kancẖan kot apār. ||4||
The Temple of the Lord is embellished with the Shabad; it is an Infinite Fortress of God. ||4||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਹੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਘੋਰੰਧਾਰ
हरि मंदरु एहु जगतु है गुर बिनु घोरंधार ॥
Har manḏar ehu jagaṯ hai gur bin gẖoranḏẖār.
This world is the Temple of the Lord; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness.
ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਪੂਜਦੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਅੰਧ ਗਵਾਰ ॥੫॥
दूजा भाउ करि पूजदे मनमुख अंध गवार ॥५॥
Ḏūjā bẖā▫o kar pūjḏe manmukẖ anḏẖ gavār. ||5||
The blind and foolish self-willed manmukhs worship in the love of duality. ||5||
ਜਿਥੈ ਲੇਖਾ ਮੰਗੀਐ ਤਿਥੈ ਦੇਹ ਜਾਤਿ ਜਾਇ
जिथै लेखा मंगीऐ तिथै देह जाति न जाइ ॥
Jithai lekẖā mangī▫ai ṯithai ḏeh jāṯ na jā▫e.
One's body and social status do not go along to that place, where all are called to account.
ਸਾਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਉਬਰੇ ਦੁਖੀਏ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥੬॥
साचि रते से उबरे दुखीए दूजै भाइ ॥६॥
Sācẖ raṯe se ubre ḏukẖī▫e ḏūjai bẖā▫e. ||6||
Those who are attuned to Truth are saved; those in the love of duality are miserable. ||6||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਨਾ ਬੂਝਹਿ ਮੁਗਧ ਗਵਾਰ
हरि मंदर महि नामु निधानु है ना बूझहि मुगध गवार ॥
Har manḏar mėh nām niḏẖān hai nā būjẖėh mugaḏẖ gavār.
The treasure of the Naam is within the Temple of the Lord. The idiotic fools do not realize this.
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਚੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰਿ ॥੭॥
गुर परसादी चीन्हिआ हरि राखिआ उरि धारि ॥७॥
Gur parsādī cẖīnĥi▫ā har rākẖi▫ā ur ḏẖār. ||7||
By Guru's Grace, I have realized this. I keep the Lord enshrined within my heart. ||7||
ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਤੀ ਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਇ
गुर की बाणी गुर ते जाती जि सबदि रते रंगु लाइ ॥
Gur kī baṇī gur ṯe jāṯī jė sabaḏ raṯe rang lā▫e.
Those who are attuned to the love of the Shabad know the Guru, through the Word of the Guru's Bani.
ਪਵਿਤੁ ਪਾਵਨ ਸੇ ਜਨ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹਰਿ ਕੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੮॥
पवितु पावन से जन निरमल हरि कै नामि समाइ ॥८॥
Paviṯ pāvan se jan nirmal har kai nām samā▫e. ||8||
Sacred, pure and immaculate are those humble beings who are absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||8||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਹਾਟੁ ਹੈ ਰਖਿਆ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ
हरि मंदरु हरि का हाटु है रखिआ सबदि सवारि ॥
Har manḏar har kā hāt hai rakẖi▫ā sabaḏ savār.
The Temple of the Lord is the Lord's Shop; He embellishes it with the Word of His Shabad.
ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਸਉਦਾ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲੈਨਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥੯॥
तिसु विचि सउदा एकु नामु गुरमुखि लैनि सवारि ॥९॥
Ŧis vicẖ sa▫uḏā ek nām gurmukẖ lain savār. ||9||
In that shop is the merchandise of the One Name; the Gurmukhs adorn themselves with it. ||9||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਮਨੁ ਲੋਹਟੁ ਹੈ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ
हरि मंदर महि मनु लोहटु है मोहिआ दूजै भाइ ॥
Har manḏar mėh man lohat hai mohi▫ā ḏūjai bẖā▫e.
The mind is like iron ****, within the Temple of the Lord; it is lured by the love of duality.
ਪਾਰਸਿ ਭੇਟਿਐ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਭਇਆ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹੀ ਜਾਇ ॥੧੦॥
पारसि भेटिऐ कंचनु भइआ कीमति कही न जाइ ॥१०॥
Pāras bẖeti▫ai kancẖan bẖa▫i▫ā kīmaṯ kahī na jā▫e. ||10||
Meeting with the Guru, the Philosopher's Stone, the mind is transformed into gold. Its value cannot be described. ||10||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਸੋਇ
हरि मंदर महि हरि वसै सरब निरंतरि सोइ ॥
Har manḏar mėh har vasai sarab niranṯar so▫e.
The Lord abides within the Temple of the Lord. He is pervading in all.
ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਣਜੀਐ ਸਚਾ ਸਉਦਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੧॥੧॥
नानक गुरमुखि वणजीऐ सचा सउदा होइ ॥११॥१॥
Nānak gurmukẖ vaṇjī▫ai sacẖā sa▫uḏā ho▫e. ||11||1||
O Guru Nanak, the Gurmukhs trade in the merchandise of Truth. ||11||1||

Last edited by a moderator:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Dear Tejwant ji,

Please forgive me for jumping in and being blatant. Your translation is distorted and incorrect.
The shabad reflects the Love of Lord /His Devotion and significance of Naam simran or Naam Japna. Kindly refer to Dr. Sahib singh ji [ Page 1133 of Guru Granth Sahib] for correct and detailed meaning.

Prahlad was in devotion to" Naam"/name, by whichever name called of his Isht i.e the one in whom he believed.
The shabad is an example of as to how a devotee, having faith in his Lord, can get Mukti/Liberation by constant simran of Naam or Name of Lord/God/Rab/ Creator.

Prahlad is stated to have been in simran of His Guru/God/Lord/ Rab... through constant and continuous remembrance of his Naam/Name. He got his 21 generations liberated as well.

One cannot generalize the meaning to suit convenience for short term objectives. In sikhi this is ruled out.

Respected Prakash. S. Bagga ji

Har mandar is inside us i.e in our mind. This body is, therefore, Hari Mandar. One should be fully ware of the Gurbani words. I fully appreciate your message. Posted below is one Full-shabad dealing with Har mandar. Gurbani has many references to the term Hari Mandar/Har Mandar all pointing to the same that is body/mind being the temple of God.
ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ਮਹਲਾ ਬਿਭਾਸ
प्रभाती महला ३ बिभास
Parbẖāṯī mėhlā 3 bibẖās
Prabhaatee, Third Mehl, Bibhaas:
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਵੇਖੁ ਤੂ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ
गुर परसादी वेखु तू हरि मंदरु तेरै नालि ॥
Gur parsādī vekẖ ṯū har manḏar ṯerai nāl.
By Guru's Grace, see that the Temple of the Lord is within you.
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਖੋਜੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
हरि मंदरु सबदे खोजीऐ हरि नामो लेहु सम्हालि ॥१॥
Har manḏar sabḏe kẖojī▫ai har nāmo leho samĥāl. ||1||
The Temple of the Lord is found through the Word of the Shabad; contemplate the Lord's Name. ||1||
ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਪੈ ਰੰਗੁ ਹੋਇ
मन मेरे सबदि रपै रंगु होइ ॥
Man mere sabaḏ rapai rang ho▫e.
O my mind, be joyfully attuned to the Shabad.
ਸਚੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਸਚਾ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
सची भगति सचा हरि मंदरु प्रगटी साची सोइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Sacẖī bẖagaṯ sacẖā har manḏar pargatī sācẖī so▫e. ||1|| rahā▫o.
True is devotional worship, and True is the Temple of the Lord; True is His Manifest Glory. ||1||Pause||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਹੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਹੈ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਰਤਨਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ
हरि मंदरु एहु सरीरु है गिआनि रतनि परगटु होइ ॥
Har manḏar ehu sarīr hai gi▫ān raṯan pargat ho▫e.
This body is the Temple of the Lord, in which the jewel of spiritual wisdom is revealed.
ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੂਲੁ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਮਾਣਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
मनमुख मूलु न जाणनी माणसि हरि मंदरु न होइ ॥२॥
Manmukẖ mūl na jāṇnī māṇas har manḏar na ho▫e. ||2||
The self-willed manmukhs do not know anything at all; they do not believe that the Lord's Temple is within. ||2||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਸਾਜਿਆ ਰਖਿਆ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ
हरि मंदरु हरि जीउ साजिआ रखिआ हुकमि सवारि ॥
Har manḏar har jī▫o sāji▫ā rakẖi▫ā hukam savār.
The Dear Lord created the Temple of the Lord; He adorns it by His Will.
ਧੁਰਿ ਲੇਖੁ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਸੁ ਕਮਾਵਣਾ ਕੋਇ ਮੇਟਣਹਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
धुरि लेखु लिखिआ सु कमावणा कोइ न मेटणहारु ॥३॥
Ḏẖur lekẖ likẖi▫ā so kamāvaṇā ko▫e na metaṇhār. ||3||
All act according to their pre-ordained destiny; no one can erase it. ||3||
ਸਬਦੁ ਚੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਚੈ ਨਾਇ ਪਿਆਰ
सबदु चीन्हि सुखु पाइआ सचै नाइ पिआर ॥
Sabaḏ cẖīnėh sukẖ pā▫i▫ā sacẖai nā▫e pi▫ār.
Contemplating the Shabad, peace is obtained, loving the True Name.
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਕੋਟੁ ਅਪਾਰ ॥੪॥
हरि मंदरु सबदे सोहणा कंचनु कोटु अपार ॥४॥
Har manḏar sabḏe sohṇā kancẖan kot apār. ||4||
The Temple of the Lord is embellished with the Shabad; it is an Infinite Fortress of God. ||4||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਹੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਘੋਰੰਧਾਰ
हरि मंदरु एहु जगतु है गुर बिनु घोरंधार ॥
Har manḏar ehu jagaṯ hai gur bin gẖoranḏẖār.
This world is the Temple of the Lord; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness.
ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਪੂਜਦੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਅੰਧ ਗਵਾਰ ॥੫॥
दूजा भाउ करि पूजदे मनमुख अंध गवार ॥५॥
Ḏūjā bẖā▫o kar pūjḏe manmukẖ anḏẖ gavār. ||5||
The blind and foolish self-willed manmukhs worship in the love of duality. ||5||
ਜਿਥੈ ਲੇਖਾ ਮੰਗੀਐ ਤਿਥੈ ਦੇਹ ਜਾਤਿ ਜਾਇ
जिथै लेखा मंगीऐ तिथै देह जाति न जाइ ॥
Jithai lekẖā mangī▫ai ṯithai ḏeh jāṯ na jā▫e.
One's body and social status do not go along to that place, where all are called to account.
ਸਾਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਉਬਰੇ ਦੁਖੀਏ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥੬॥
साचि रते से उबरे दुखीए दूजै भाइ ॥६॥
Sācẖ raṯe se ubre ḏukẖī▫e ḏūjai bẖā▫e. ||6||
Those who are attuned to Truth are saved; those in the love of duality are miserable. ||6||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਨਾ ਬੂਝਹਿ ਮੁਗਧ ਗਵਾਰ
हरि मंदर महि नामु निधानु है ना बूझहि मुगध गवार ॥
Har manḏar mėh nām niḏẖān hai nā būjẖėh mugaḏẖ gavār.
The treasure of the Naam is within the Temple of the Lord. The idiotic fools do not realize this.
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਚੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰਿ ॥੭॥
गुर परसादी चीन्हिआ हरि राखिआ उरि धारि ॥७॥
Gur parsādī cẖīnĥi▫ā har rākẖi▫ā ur ḏẖār. ||7||
By Guru's Grace, I have realized this. I keep the Lord enshrined within my heart. ||7||
ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਤੀ ਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਇ
गुर की बाणी गुर ते जाती जि सबदि रते रंगु लाइ ॥
Gur kī baṇī gur ṯe jāṯī jė sabaḏ raṯe rang lā▫e.
Those who are attuned to the love of the Shabad know the Guru, through the Word of the Guru's Bani.
ਪਵਿਤੁ ਪਾਵਨ ਸੇ ਜਨ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹਰਿ ਕੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੮॥
पवितु पावन से जन निरमल हरि कै नामि समाइ ॥८॥
Paviṯ pāvan se jan nirmal har kai nām samā▫e. ||8||
Sacred, pure and immaculate are those humble beings who are absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||8||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਹਾਟੁ ਹੈ ਰਖਿਆ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ
हरि मंदरु हरि का हाटु है रखिआ सबदि सवारि ॥
Har manḏar har kā hāt hai rakẖi▫ā sabaḏ savār.
The Temple of the Lord is the Lord's Shop; He embellishes it with the Word of His Shabad.
ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਸਉਦਾ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲੈਨਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥੯॥
तिसु विचि सउदा एकु नामु गुरमुखि लैनि सवारि ॥९॥
Ŧis vicẖ sa▫uḏā ek nām gurmukẖ lain savār. ||9||
In that shop is the merchandise of the One Name; the Gurmukhs adorn themselves with it. ||9||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਮਨੁ ਲੋਹਟੁ ਹੈ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ
हरि मंदर महि मनु लोहटु है मोहिआ दूजै भाइ ॥
Har manḏar mėh man lohat hai mohi▫ā ḏūjai bẖā▫e.
The mind is like iron ****, within the Temple of the Lord; it is lured by the love of duality.
ਪਾਰਸਿ ਭੇਟਿਐ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਭਇਆ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਹੀ ਜਾਇ ॥੧੦॥
पारसि भेटिऐ कंचनु भइआ कीमति कही न जाइ ॥१०॥
Pāras bẖeti▫ai kancẖan bẖa▫i▫ā kīmaṯ kahī na jā▫e. ||10||
Meeting with the Guru, the Philosopher's Stone, the mind is transformed into gold. Its value cannot be described. ||10||
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਸੋਇ
हरि मंदर महि हरि वसै सरब निरंतरि सोइ ॥
Har manḏar mėh har vasai sarab niranṯar so▫e.
The Lord abides within the Temple of the Lord. He is pervading in all.
ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਣਜੀਐ ਸਚਾ ਸਉਦਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੧॥੧॥
नानक गुरमुखि वणजीऐ सचा सउदा होइ ॥११॥१॥
Nānak gurmukẖ vaṇjī▫ai sacẖā sa▫uḏā ho▫e. ||11||1||
O Guru Nanak, the Gurmukhs trade in the merchandise of Truth. ||11||1||

Taranjeet Singh ji,

Gur Fateh,

You are mixing apples with oranges. I talked about 2 things. Hindu Mythology and translated the last 4 verses of the Shabad.

So which one is it you are talking about? Am I wrong about the Hindu Mythology or what I have interpreted is wrong? Please clarify. If you do not agree with my interpretation or both, then as requested before in the thread of Sukhmani, please provide yours so we can learn from it. You have failed to do it in Sukhmani, I can only hope you do it this time as we are all here to learn. It is easy to point out mistakes but when asked for help, you get quiet all of a sudden. As a Sikh, please take it as a duty to correct where you point wrong.

Will be waiting for your interpretation.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited by a moderator:

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Speaking of "worship", the local Gurdwara I attend has posted verses related to nature in the flower beds etc. outside (like lawn signs except a little higher up... maybe about 4' high). Not gonna lie, it made me a little uncomfortable b/c usually before attempting to understand, decipher anything from SGGS Ji, we take matha out of respect...I wasn't quite how people are expected to approach this form? They're in the parking lot so I'm assuming most people would just see them driving by...
Is it totally cool to do this? To make Gurbani THIS accessible? I know the intent was good, to educate... but its just new. thoughts??

kinda like this sign, but higher up...

Attachments

• yard_sign_deployed.jpg
    yard_sign_deployed.jpg
    129 KB · Reads: 212

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Speaking of "worship", the local Gurdwara I attend has posted verses related to nature in the flower beds etc. outside (like lawn signs except a little higher up... maybe about 4' high). Not gonna lie, it made me a little uncomfortable b/c usually before attempting to understand, decipher anything from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, we take matha out of respect...I wasn't quite how people are expected to approach this form? They're in the parking lot so I'm assuming most people would just see them driving by...
Is it totally cool to do this? To make Gurbani THIS accessible? I know the intent was good, to educate... but its just new. thoughts??

kinda like this sign, but higher up...

Drive Thru...lol...........on the Internet millions 'drive-thru" Gurbani Wallpapers explaining Gurbani so well...."walk thru...passers by...window shoppers...the GURBANI is being passed to millions in various new ways..its the IT Age and YES..GURBANI is THIS Accessible !!! and will be even MORE Accessible as Gurbani streams on Ipods, Blackberrys, Iphones, Samsung tablets..and on Dvd screens in Cars and trucks...and on Internet radios broadcasting Gurbani 24/7....and YES its TOTALLY COOL....the Intent is GOOD and COOL too....Its RAINING GURBANI.....and like the John Elton song..Gurbani 'drops"..falling on my head....some like the PAPEEHA in Gurbani will open its MOUTH and receive the Gurbani Amrti Drops with glee...many will get really WET in the Gurbani raina nd enjoy the coolness...many will quickly reach into their bags/carboots etc and BRING OUT THE UMBRELLAS so the Gurbani rain doesnt touch them...thats Cool too !!!welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur the Brave New World of Gurbani Parchaar !!!welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Inderjeet Kaur ji thanks for your post.

Unfortunately veer Prakash.S.Bagga is trying to create the final lineage as though that is what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji stands for,

[FONT="]([/FONT]Ik▫oaʼnkār), e.g see Mool Mantar ==> Ekankaar (One that does everything) ==> A persona/a very specific person/personality ==> Hari/Prabhu ==> Omnipotent ==> Has a system of others so reporting to Hari/Prabhu like Managers/Directors ==> Living in Omnipotent Mandir (his translation of Harmandir Sahib) ==> and so on

It all starts with [FONT="]([/FONT]Ik▫oaʼnkār) being turned into Ekankaar

What you see is Hindu trilogies of deities, systems and beliefs pushed down to Sikhism. He tries to define the infinite against what is stated in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as undefinable.
In terms of the following,

Prakash.S.Bagga said:
Sikhs are not scared they do realize as most would. Who needs an enemy with friend like that!

So the issues are still addressed as logically as possible and Sikhs are not scared of each other or anyone else. We are all equal under one creator in one creation.
Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
SIKHS are NEVER SCARED....Bhai kahoo ko det naeh..Na BHAI mannat aan is GURU JI DECLARING this FACT in no uncertian terms....BUT..yes our enemies have alwsy loved to imagine that the SIKHS are scared...Guru Arjun ji wasnt scared of the Hot plate and boiling water and burning sand..Bhai mati Dass wanst scared of the saw..bahi sati dass wanst scared of the burning cotton..Bhai Dyala wanst scared of being boiled alive..Guru Teg bahdur ji wanst scared of the sword...heck even Baba Zorawar singh ji and Baba Fateh Singh Ji just "kids" of school going age werent scared either..thats why SIKHS call them BABA JI even thiough their age was 7 and 9 !!...Bhinderawallah wasnt scared either..it was the huge over armed Indian Army that was SCARED...BHAI kahoo ke det neh..na BHAI mannat AAN has been proven so many times..its uncountable...:singhbhangra:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM