• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hair And General Sikh Philosophy Study

I find this argument that "where in sri guru granth sahib ji it said that we cannot cut hair" is absolutely stupid. this is a talk of a 3 or 4 yr old child. as soon as you question as to where it is written and need proof, it is so obvious you are a person trying to justify your action by questioning the beliefs of the religion.

you want to cut hair or you already have but you question the fundamentals of the religion. the 5 k's were introduced by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Then, you are just questioning the jusrtification of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

You cut nails beacuse they carry germs in your finger nails. we eat with our hands. we wash our *** with our hands. science will tell you that it is hygienice to cut nails. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not made it compulsory not to cut nails becasue he knows of the benefits of cutting nails. Just like his horse that refuse to cross the filed that was growing tobacco. today we have doctors and everyone telling us that smoking is bad.

it tells us that our Gurus had foresight. Yet, today, I have my sikh brothers and sisters questioning why must we cut hair, why cant we smoke. What a shame.

Satwant

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka fateh

Satwant ji, welcome to the discussion
BhaagatSingh is not saying Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji is wrong in having kes as the five k’s. But he just wants to know why Guru ji would put it as one of the five k’s. Some people always want to know why we do this why we do that. Always looking for the reason behind it and if they do not find that reason to them it is useless. And this way of thinking is very logical. One thing I have learned over the years is that the Gurus know more than anyone else on this planet. And for us to understand why they did some things in a certain way is very difficult or just mind blowing and out of our realm of thinking. And one way the Skeptic thoughts depart is if we find the answer to why otherwise the person gives up and says no use I am not going to do that or okay Guru ji knows more I accept his Hukam. The best way to grid of this Skeptism is by……, well Gurbani says it best and here’s some Shabads on a skeptic mind.

SIREE RAAG, FIRST MEHL: I have no anxiety about dying, and no hope of living. You are the Cherisher of all beings; You keep the account of our breaths and morsels of food. You abide within the Gurmukh. As it pleases You, You decide our allotment. || 1 || O my soul, chant the Name of the Lord; the mind will be pleased and appeased. Ang 20

The raging fire within is extinguished; the Gurmukh obtains spiritual wisdom. || 1 || Pause || Know the state of your inner being; meet with the Guru and get rid of your skepticism. To reach your True Home after you die, you must conquer death while you are still alive. The beautiful, Unstruck Sound of the Shabad is obtained, contemplating the Guru. || 2 || ang 21

When one.s light merges into the Light, and one.s intuitive consciousness is joined with the Intuitive Consciousness, then one.s cruel and violent instincts and egotism depart, and skepticism and sorrow are taken away. The Lord abides within the mind of the Gurmukh, who merges in the Lord.s Union,
through the Guru. || 2 ||ang 21

SIREE RAAG, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT:
ONEUNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUEGURU:
O dear beloved mind, my friend, reflect upon the Name of the Lord of the Universe. O dear beloved mind, my friend, the Lord shall always be with you. The Name of the Lord shall be with you as your Helper and Support. Meditate on Him.no one who does so shall ever return empty-handed. You shall obtain the fruits of your mind.s desires, by focusing your consciousness on the Lord.s Lotus Feet. He is totally pervading the water and the land; He is the Lord of the World-forest. Behold Him in exaltation in each and every heart. Nanak gives this advice: O beloved mind, in the Company of the Holy, burn away your doubts. || 1 || O dear beloved mind, my friend, without the Lord, all outward show is false. O dear beloved mind, my friend, the world is an ocean of poison. Let the Lord.s Lotus Feet be your Boat, so that pain and skepticism shall not touch you. Meeting with the Perfect Guru, by great good fortune, meditate on God twenty-four hours a day. From the very beginning, and throughout the ages, He is the Lord and Master of His servants. His Name is the Support of His devotees. Nanak gives this advice: O beloved mind, without the Lord, all outward show
is false. || 2 || ang 79

SREE RAAG, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE BAYNEE JEE: TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE OF .PEHRAY.:
ONEUNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUEGURU:
O man, when you were coiled in the cradle of the womb, upside-down, you were absorbed in meditation. You took no pride in your perishable body; night and day were all the same to you.you lived unknowing, in the silence of the void. Remember the terrible pain and suffering of those days, now that you have spread out the net of your consciousness far and wide. Leaving the womb, you entered this mortal world; you have forgotten the Lord from your mind. || 1 || Later, you will regret and
repent.you fool! Why are you engrossed in evil-mindedness and skepticism? Think of the Lord, or else you shall be led to the City of Death. Why are you wandering around, out of control? || 1 || Pause || ang93

The Vedas proclaim that Maya is of three qualities. The self-willed manmukhs, in love with duality, do not understand. They read of the three qualities, but they do not know the One Lord. Without understanding, they obtain only pain and suffering. || 7 || When it pleases the Lord, He unites us with
Himself. Through the Word of the Guru.s Shabad, skepticism and suffering are dispelled. O Nanak, True is the Greatness of the Name. Believing in the Name, peace is obtained. || 8 || 30 || 31 || ang 128

PAUREE: SASSA: True,
True, True is that Lord. No one is separate from the True Primal Lord. They alone enter the Lord.s Sanctuary, whom the Lord inspires to enter. Meditating, meditating in remembrance, they sing and preach the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Doubt and skepticism do not affect them at all. They behold the manifest glory of the Lord. They are the Holy Saints . they reach this destination. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to them. || 3 || ang 250

SASSA: The bed of the soul-bride is adorned by her Husband Lord; her skepticism is dispelled. Renouncing the shallow pleasures of the world, she obtains the supreme delight. Then, she is the soul-bride; He is called her Husband Lord. || 41 || ang 342

So many forms of religion have been described; the whole world is practicing them. What actions will bring emancipation, and total perfection? || 2 || One may distinguish between good and evil actions, and listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas, but doubt still persists. Skepticism continually dwells in the heart, so who can eradicate egotistical pride? || 3 || Outwardly, he washes with water, but deep within, his heart is tarnished by all sorts of vices. So how can he become pure? His method of purification is like that of an elephant, covering himself with dust right after his bath! || 4 || With the rising of the sun, the night is brought to its end; the whole world knows this. It is believed that with the touch of the Philosopher.s Stone, copper is immediately transformed into gold. || 5 || When one meets the Supreme Philosopher.s Stone, the Guru, if such pre-ordained destiny is written on one.s forehead, then the soul blends with the Supreme Soul, and the stubborn doors are opened wide. || 6 || Through the way of devotion, the intellect is imbued with Truth; doubts, entanglements and vices are cut away. The mind is restrained, and one attains joy, contemplating the One Lord, who is both with and without qualities. || 7 || I have tried many methods, but by turning it away, the noose of doubt is not turned away. Love and devotion have not welled up within me, and so Ravi Daas is disillusioned and discouraged. || 8 || 1 || ang 346

AASAA, FIRST MEHL: How can coming and going, the cycle of reincarnation be ended? And how can one meet the Lord? The pain of birth and death is so great, in constant skepticism and duality. || 1 || Without the Name, what is life? Cleverness is detestable and cursed. One who does not serve the Holy True Guru, is not pleased by devotion to the Lord. || 1 || Pause || ang422

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Finally, the True Guru said, .When I am gone, sing Kirtan in Praise of the Lord, in Nirvaanaa.. Call in the long-haired scholarly Saints of the Lord, to read the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har. Read the sermon of the Lord, and listen to the Lord.s Name; the Guru is pleased with love for the Lord. Do not bother with offering rice-***** on leaves, lighting lamps, and other rituals like floating the body out on the Ganges; instead, let my remains be given up to the Lord.s Pool. The Lord was pleased as the True Guru spoke; he was blended then with the all-knowing Primal Lord God. Ang 923

The Guru then blessed the Sodhi Ram Das with the ceremonial tilak mark, the insignia of the True Word of the Shabad. || 5 || ang 924

This Shabad is telling a sakhi when Guru Amar Das ji left this earth and Guru Ram Das Ji was appointed the next Guru. And Guru Amar Das JI said at the time when I am gone sing Kirtan in praise of the Lord and call in the long-haired Scholarly Saints of the Lord to read the sermon of the Lord. Then Guru Amar Das ji says read the sermon of the lord and listen to the lord’s name. And don’t bother with performing rituals.

Yes it does say read the sermon of the Lord, but who should read it the long-haired scholarly saints of the LORD at that time when Guru Amar Das ji left this earth.. They are not just long-haired but scholarly and saints. This is a perfect example why a Sikh should keep the hair uncut. When Guru ji directly asked for specific Sikhs to read the sermons of the lord. There is no need to wonder why he called them to read the sermon of the Lord because he says why in the next three words ‘of the Lord.’ The long-haired scholarly saints are of the Lord.
I would like to add:
Short-Haired scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
UnCut-haired scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
Cut-haired schorlarly saints are of the Lord as well.
Shaved headed scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
No-haired scholarly saints are off the lord as well.
In fact, scholarly saints of any hairstyle are of the Lord.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Exactly, every part of the body mediates on the Lord’s name and the body consists of hair which also meditates. See you have said it yourself to the extent that each and every hair. There you have it. The hair as a use it meditates when the person meditates. Guru ji is telling us that the hair and the whole body meditates when the person meditates. Guru ji is not just saying his hair alone can meditate on the Lord but everyone else’s.
When I asked you what meditation is, you answered, "It is to concentrate the mind on one thing."
So according to this, we know hair cannot physically meditate. SO what Guru ji is saying in the shabad must be a figure of speech and/or a metaphor.
I explained to you many times earlier that it is a figure of speech as hair cannot literally meditate. It says that the Gurmukh is absorbed in the meditation.
The shabad could have very well said that each and every molecule to the the exten that each and every atom of the Gurmukh meditates.
I am done explaining this, you can believe that hair meditate. But according to your own definition it doesn't litereally meditate.... you do the math.

The hair on top of the head are like antenna’s that pick up on signals and we can use these hairs to get a higher frequency when they are kept long and uncut. When these hairs are tied on top of the head in a round ball they can pick up even higher frequency’s. Then the reason why we wear a pagg is because to keep this frequency on one channel. Also the reason why Buddhists shave their head bald is because then they don’t pick up on so many frequency which will make it difficult for them to meditate on nothing. This helps the Buddhist monks concentrate easier on what they are meditating on.
uh...ya...:crazy:
make a new thread on this, it deserves its own topic.

The hair is part of the body is it not. The body has hair on it and this is one part of Guru jis and our bodies. The body when brought into this world has hair on it.
ok.

BhagatSingh ji, first you say, “Guru ji is saying that with these hairs, he meditates on the Lord's name.” and now you are asking me how I came to the conclusion that the hair has some use. When you cut that hair off it no longer is on the body and the person cannot meditate with that hair. The use of this hair is that it meditates with the person on the Lord.
Firstly, you took what I said out of context, and secondly, I have already given my reasoning above.

Look at the first line of the Shabad it says WHENyou are in love with the One Lord. For this line to apply for anyone in this world they would have to be one with the Lord. Once you reach this stage then anything you do is true. This is what Kabeer ji is saying. And only WHEN you reach this stage in your life this Shabad apply to you.
That line I put in bold makes no sense. Try making sense of it. It holds no meaning to gurbani or to real life.
The line I put in italics, you are confusing love of God to becoming One with God.

I don't need to do this since you have made no valid points in the above comment, but let's just analyze what Kabir has to say, so we are clear on his message.
ਕਬੀਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਇਕ ਸਿਉ ਕੀਏ ਆਨ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਜਾਇ
कबीर प्रीति इक सिउ कीए आन दुबिधा जाइ ॥
Kabīr parīṯ ik si*o kī*ė ān ḏubiḏẖā jā*ė.
Kabeer, when you are in love with the One Lord, duality and alienation depart.
ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥੨੫॥
[Kabeer says when you are in love with the One Lord, duality and alienation depart.
Then Kabeer goes on to give an example of such duality and alienation.]

भावै लांबे केस करु भावै घररि मुडाइ ॥२५॥
Bẖāvai lāʼnbė kės kar bẖāvai gẖarar mudā*ė. ||25||
You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald. ||25||

And there you go, its simple, if you are in love with god, the duality and alienation on your mind such as keeping long hair or short hair, depart.
Somone else may come along as say it differently but that is the meaning.

Try to understand what Kabeer ji is saying and the best way to do this is by looking at what Kabeer ji is saying before this Shabad and right after it.
Before that:
कबीर ता सिउ प्रीति करि जा को ठाकुरु रामु ॥
Kabīr ṯā si*o parīṯ kar jā ko ṯẖākur rām.
Kabeer, be in love with only that one, whose Master is the Lord.ਪੰਡਿਤ ਰਾਜੇ ਭੂਪਤੀ ਆਵਹਿ ਕਉਨੇ ਕਾਮ ॥੨੪॥
पंडित राजे भूपती आवहि कउने काम ॥२४॥
Pandiṯ rājė bẖūpṯī āvahi ka*unė kām. ||24||
The Pandits, the religious scholars, kings and landlords - what good is love for them? ||24||

After that:

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਗੁ ਕਾਜਲ ਕੀ ਕੋਠਰੀ ਅੰਧ ਪਰੇ ਤਿਸ ਮਾਹਿ
कबीर जगु काजल की कोठरी अंध परे तिस माहि ॥
Kabīr jag kājal kī koṯẖrī anḏẖ parė ṯis māhi.
Kabeer, the world is a room filled with black soot; the blind fall into its trap.
ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਪੈਸਿ ਜੁ ਨੀਕਸਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥੨੬॥
हउ बलिहारी तिन कउ पैसि जु नीकसि जाहि ॥२६॥
Ha*o balihārī ṯin ka*o pais jo nīkas jāhi. ||26||
I am a sacrifice to those who are thrown in, and still escape. ||26||

He teaches good things but they are not related to what we are discussing.
First he says be in love, and gives example of what NOT be in love with.
Then he says that when you are in love, things like long and short hair don't matter.
Then he goes onto to say how the blind(the ones who are not in love), fall into the trap of maya, duality and alienation. He then says,"
I am a sacrifice to those who are thrown in, and still escape. "

(BTW in the quote(below) you got maya, but you forgot duality and alienation, and the example Kabeer gives when he mentions duality and alienation.)
Kabeer ji is talking about love for the Lord before these Shabads. He is saying the world is full of maya and to love this maya, and in these lines maya is being referred to as people, is usless,. And then he goes on to say only to love the one whose master is the Lord. Then the Shabads that comes after the lines that you have quoted is saying the world is full of other maya as well and the people that are attached to this maya fall in the trap and lose. Kabeer ji is saying once the duality alienation depart and you are in total love with the Lord THEN whatever you do is always true.

I would like to add:
Short-Haired scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
UnCut-haired scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
Cut-haired schorlarly saints are of the Lord as well.
Shaved headed scholarly saints are of the Lord as well.
No-haired scholarly saints are off the lord as well.
In fact, scholarly saints of any hairstyle are of the Lord.

This is your opinion about what you think Guru ji would accept. But the truth is he already specified what he accepts and that is written on ang 923. If you want to go with what you think then go ahead, but Guru ji makes it clear what is 100% acceptable and will take you to him.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
This is your opinion about what you think Guru ji would accept. But the truth is he already specified what he accepts and that is written on ang 923. If you want to go with what you think then go ahead, but Guru ji makes it clear what is 100% acceptable and will take you to him.
NO it is not my opinion! It is a fact! The whole world belongs to the Lord. That includes any saints with any hairstyle imaginable. If you want me to quote SGGS, will be more than happy to!

In that shabad like you said Guru Amardas wants to have long-haired saints to read sermons for his ceremoney when he is gone.
So, that tells me that he wants to have long-haired saints to read sermons for his ceremony when he is gone. Firstly, Nowhere, does he say that only long haired can be saints and it doesn't even say uncut-haired, it simply says long-haired. You can cut your hair and still have long hair. Do you understand what I am saying?

Secondly, if Guru Amar Das wants to have long-haired saints to read sermons in his ceremony, then there can be some possibilities why he would say that:
1. The area ONLY has long-haired saints.
2. The area has shaved headed/nohaired/ short-haired saints who are corrupted, so he wants long-haired ones to read sermons.
3. He just has some sort of preference for long-haired saints. So it doesn't matter if they cut their hair or not, they should have long hair.
4. Hair is not the focus of the shabad and we have been focusing on the wrong area, in reality the shabad was asking us to comtemplate upon the lord, but our small brains pick out little things and emphasize them more than the message.
5. and so on

So looking at 1-4 and my reasoning above it and in previous posts, I conclude the God does not care whether you have long hair or not. If you have long hair and you love him, good. You have have long hair and you don't love him, bad. If you have short hair and love him, good. Likewise, if you have short hair and hate him, bad.
AS for the Gurus they don't seem to care either. IF they did, it would have been quite clear in SGGS. But Kabeer's statement is a witness to the fact that they don't give a d*** about it.
If you want to keep long hair, keep it because you love it! Don't keep it just because you think the Gurus and/or God liked/likes people with long hair better.

As for your hair=antenna theory, would love to talk about it but in a different thread.

When I asked you what meditation is, you answered, "It is to concentrate the mind on one thing."
So according to this, we know hair cannot physically meditate.

Guru ji is speaking spiritually and he is saying spiritually the hair meditates on the Lord’s name. Spiritually, literally the hair meditates.

I am done explaining this, you can believe that hair meditate. But according to your own definition it doesn't litereally meditate.... you do the math.

You are speaking in physical terms, but you haven’t taken into consideration Guru ji speaks spiritually.

uh...ya...
clip_image001.gif

make a new thread on this, it deserves its own topic.

No need to discuss this further for it explains itself and people living in the physical world can shut this down with saying where are the facts; for them spirituality does not exist.

That line I put in bold makes no sense. Try making sense of it. It holds no meaning to gurbani or to real life.

Apply it to gurbani and for you are the one questioning it and it will come to be true. For some they are too caught up in the physical world and have a tough time understanding spirituality and for some one to understand spirituality would mean for that person to actually become spiritual, but they have developed a mental block that says can’t every time spirituality presents itself to them. Try to understand the depth of the line you question for it is not speaking physically, but spiritually.

The line I put in italics, you are confusing love of God to becoming One with God.

To be one with God you need to be in love with God and when you have that love toward God, oneness with God is there, and they go hand in hand. This means whatever God does is always true and you do not question it and for that love is true and duality does not exist; jumping from I like this I don’t like this. Whatever God places before you or wherever God takes you that love does not get any weaker. For example Guru Arjan Dev ji he was deeply in love with the lord and attuned to the lord that the hot sand did not affect him. He did not have no doubt to what was happening to him was true for only the Lord is the truth and his actions are true. And now to explain this to a person that is all about fact and physical evidence would be like talking to a brick wall. They will laugh in your face call you a fool for believing in something like this.

And there you go, its simple, if you are in love with god, the duality and alienation on your mind such as keeping long hair or short hair, depart.
Somone else may come along as say it differently but that is the meaning

Yes this is true but first be fully attuned/one/in love with the Lord then look to this shabad as the definition of you for this shabad would define you and you would define this shabad and nothing can stand in-between. Otherwise you are misusing this shabad to prove that a haircut is acceptable in Sikhi.

For Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji gave us the path to attain this shabad by taking up the Khalsa Panth as our lifestyle. It’s the recipe to attain the love for the Lord in this way and yet people question it because they do not understand it. For a Sikh who has came to realize there is nothing in this world that is impossible for that Sikh everything is possible and this physical world is there to serve him/her.

Does god and guru love someone with inflicted with Alopecia totalis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYNVJygUH6E

can they be sikh despite the fact that they have no hair?

does hair matter?
no...lets go beyond petty physical fetishes

cheers

This is taking what I am saying out of context and a real great way to make some one look real stupid. You have done a great job of that and I applaud you on that for this great job and you have succeeded in doing so. everything in this world matters and i see you have taken it lightly because you do not like what Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji has said about keeping hair. Hair is not just needed physically but spiritually as well. Stand for what you believe in and don’t hide behind these kinds of remarks. I have already spoke on this issue where the person has no hair because God intended the person to be that way.

can they be Sikh despite the fact that they have no hair?

does hair matter?
no...lets go beyond petty physical fetishes

cheers

Another thing i don’t have a fetish for keeping hair. if I did i would groom it in a certain way. The ones who have a fetish for hair are the ones who groom it in a certain way to look a certain way. Bottom line the ones who keep it as God intended have no fetish for they are the ones who do not bother to change it. The ones who groom are the ones with the fetishes.:yes:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is taking what I am saying out of context and a real great way to make some one look real stupid. You have done a great job of that and I applaud you on that for this great job and you have succeeded in doing so. everything in this world matters and i see you have taken it lightly because you do not like what Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji has said about keeping hair. Hair is not just needed physically but spiritually as well. Stand for what you believe in and don’t hide behind these kinds of remarks. I have already spoke on this issue where the person has no hair because God intended the person to be that way.

Singhbj ji

You seem to say that hair is needed for spirituality. And furthermore you seem to say that God intended some people to be bald -- to have no hair or very little hair. Does this mean that God is deliberately limiting the spirituality of some people by making them bald or partially bald? :confused:

aad ji

Hair is a factor that contributes to spirituality and Sikhs are advised to keep it. And to answer your second question aad ji look at it this way if God is limiting the spirituality of the ones that are bald then he also is limiting or completely cutting off the people from achieving oneness with him for the ones that are born mentally and/or physically challenged. What God chooses to do is always true and if you are born with a full head of hair accept it if not accept that as well. The quicker you realize the truth in you the faster you will realize God in you. The human body is a well oiled machine made with all the components needed to attain God. Each component does its own part in attaining God. Connect all components as one and the Truth will be revealed.

Apologies that this is off-topic but it is essential to my point:

A list of things that god “endows” us with… yet sometimes need modification for our benefit/survival/pleasure

-Wisdom teeth
-Appendix
-Palatine tonsils
-Fingernails/Toe nails
-Benign tumors
-A Melanocytic Nevus
-Umbilical Cord
-Damaged organs... (transplant surgeries)
-Irregular Heartbeats...(Pace makers)
-Artifiscial limbs ...(artifiscial hair?)
-etc etc

Hair is not the only things we cut/pull-out or add to our so called “natural bodies”!

Can Sikhs wear braces on their teeth? What are the views on aesthetic alterations performed on the body?

are their benefits to cutting your hair?
should we challenge preferences/customs/cultures that do cut hair...should we look down upon them?...perhaps a holy war about hair would settle this?

Does it matter?
NO!
What matters? I dunno…perhaps… Uncertainty followed by humility?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Singh ji

You are tap-dancing around the question that I asked you. Is God placing a limitation on those who are bald or whose hair is thinning -- for genetic reasons, because of illness or poor diet, or because they have a nervous condition that contributes to loss of hair, etc.?

We already know that Gurbani says that even those who are mentally challenged can be saved by chanting the Shabad Guru. Do not confuse matters by throwing in an opinion regarding physical limitations and so forth.

I would like a straight answer so that I can evaluate it. So too a lot of other forum members.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji

Yes, you are right. I meant to say Singh ji not Singhbj. But when I tried to edit the comment I lost my internet connection and just now have it back.:(

Singhbj ji-- please, please, please accept my humble apologies.

AND Singh ji, please answer my question above!

Apologies that this is off-topic but it is essential to my point:

A list of things that god “endows” us with… yet sometimes need modification for our benefit/survival/pleasure

-Wisdom teeth
-Appendix
-Palatine tonsils
-Fingernails/Toe nails
-Benign tumors
-A Melanocytic Nevus
-Umbilical Cord
-Damaged organs... (transplant surgeries)
-Irregular Heartbeats...(Pace makers)
-Artifiscial limbs ...(artifiscial hair?)
-etc etc

Hair is not the only things we cut/pull-out or add to our so called “natural bodies”!

Can Sikhs wear braces on their teeth? What are the views on aesthetic alterations performed on the body?

are their benefits to cutting your hair?
should we challenge preferences/customs/cultures that do cut hair...should we look down upon them?...perhaps a holy war about hair would settle this?

Does it matter?
NO!
What matters? I dunno…perhaps… Uncertainty followed by humility?

If someone is medically ill and has to remove the hair go right ahead, but otherwise you are going against Guru ji's Hukam. Also if you are goin to die if you don't cut your hair because its the lastest fashion then go right ahead you'll fit in just fine :rofl!!:

Singh ji

You are tap-dancing around the question that I asked you. Is God placing a limitation on those who are bald or whose hair is thinning -- for genetic reasons, because of illness or poor diet, or because they have a nervous condition that contributes to loss of hair, etc.?

We already know that Gurbani says that even those who are mentally challenged can be saved by chanting the Shabad Guru. Do not confuse matters by throwing in an opinion regarding physical limitations and so forth.

I would like a straight answer so that I can evaluate it. So too a lot of other forum members.

Not avoiding the question just will not answer something that is not my decision. God does not limit anyone from anything the human does that by him/herself.

what do you do with your kanga if don't groom yourself with it? :yes:

aad ji i dont think this is "singhbj" its another forum member "singh".

Groom as in pluck, shave, cut, wax, laser treatment the hair off. All these methods are done directly to remove the hair for personal needs such as 'Society doesn't accpet hair on certain places. Really pathetic and narrow minded people.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM