• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Nanak: A 'False' Prophet?

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
Re: Guru Nanak was a 'false' Prophet ??

We cannot compare Guru Nanak with any of the prophets and especially the prophet of Islam - Mohammad Sahib.

If we take into consideration the qualities of Mohammad and take those qualities as benchmark for being a prophet, then cetainly Guru Nanak would not be in that crowd.

The life of Guru Nanak was very different from the life of Mohammad. Guru Nanak's whole life was spent on making people realise the importance of Love towards God and to live in HIS Hukam. He preached the universality of human race and to live a life devoid of rituals and dogmas. He never defined set of rules to be followed for attaining the LIGHT of GOD.

The most wonderful aspect of Guru Nanak's teaching is that : --

'Every Faith leads to the same GOD. You may take any path to reach that goal, but take it truthfully"

If there is One God and He belongs to every being in this universe, whats there to fight for.

We are fools to fight in the name of My God and Your God.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
re: Guru Nanak: A 'False' Prophet ?

Guru Nanak never preached that whosoever does not believe him will be called {censored}/infidel or he is the last prohpet. On the contrary he been addressing himself as slave, lowly, cooker, servant etc. He didn't gave a false hope of wine rivers, houries or pearls in heaven in exchange of good life but preached nanak kai ghar kewal Naam. The ultimate bliss of union with God.
Regards Sahni Mohinder

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Guru Nanak's Bani is full of Love and humbleness. He never propagated of having some 'special' connection with God, rather in all his bani he depicts himself as of 'no virture' and always in Love with God and always praying for HIS mehar and Kirpa.

With this, Guru Nanak showed his followers that the path to God is of humbleness, destruction of self ego and control of basic insticts of human beings.

simribasi

SPNer
Feb 18, 2006
Re: Guru Nanak was a 'false' Prophet ??

WHOEVER SAID THIS I would say...
Tainu Sharam Aauni Chahigi aa! Incase you are a sikh it is bigger shame.....wait a minute, whichever religion you belong to -not only are you bringing bad name to your religion but are opening up an account with Hell. Congrats for obtaining the hell citizenship. Remember, Guru Nanak Sahib are, were and will always be the true light and just by closing your eyes, Sunshine wont finish similarly Gurus, God -they are not two but one will always be the Highest of all devtas, Christ and Prophet Muhammad!

Many people came and went by so your bad words wont make much of a difference!
Thanks

Dec 8, 2005

Dear Brother

Slam wale kum

Who told you that Sikhs dont believe In Prophet Mohammed.

We are a the only universal religion which worship all gods.

Now answer to your question :-

Q 1 ) The first duty that a prophet of God does is to tell his people that he has been appointed a prophet by God to invite people to His way. Thus, a genuine prophet claims to be a prophet of God, though this claim in itself is not enough. But first and foremost, a prophet has to claim himself to be a prophet of God. ----So, the first question you need to ask your Sikh friend is: Did Nanak really claim to be a prophet chosen by God to lead people out of darkness into light?

ANS :- Which text book says that this is the only way to define Prophet?.

Our beloved BIBLE , GEETA , GURU Granth SAHIB find no such definition of a Prophet .

Q 2 ): Did Nanak approve of the roles of earlier prophets of God, especially the prophet who came just before him, Muhammad (peace be on him)?

If he says “yes,” ask him then how one can reconcile the fact that Muhammad was the Last Prophet of God and the claim that Nanak was a prophet after the Last Prophet.

Ans 2 )

Now we reconcile this by a simple fact. Guru Granth Sahib is a revised and updated version of our beloved Koran.

It missed out on concepts like secularism , tolerance , Love for all irrespective of his faith.

By Being a good muslim actually you are fullfilling the criteria of being a Sikh . Welcome to this universal religion.

Q 3 ) The third question is whether all the Sikhs believe that their holy book, called the Adi Granth, was revealed to Nanak by God. If they say “yes,” ask them whether there is any statement to that effect in the book itself and whether Nanak said that the Adi Granth had been fully revealed to him by God. If the answer is in the affirmative, your Sikh friend has to show the proof that the above statements are true, from the Adi Granth itself. This will not be possible for him to do for the following reasons:

1. The Adi Granth is a collection of the writings of many Gurus including Nanak. It was in 1604—Nanak died in 1539—that Arjan Dev, one of the ten Gurus, compiled the hymns of Guru Nanak along with the compositions of both Hindu and Muslim holy men like Jaidev, Surdas, Sheikh Farid and Kabir. The compiled book was enshrined by Arjan in the Golden Temple with the name “Adi Granth.”

2. A prophet of God is a model for all his followers in all aspects of life. But in the case of Sikhism, we find that it was not Guru Nanak, but the tenth Guru, Gobind Singh, who organized the community of Sikhs into a khalsa, “a spiritual brotherhood devoted to purity of thought and action.” He taught his followers to wear long hair (kesh, denoting saintly appearance), underwear (kachha, denoting self-control), an iron bangle (kara, denoting purity in acts), a comb (kangha, denoting cleanliness of mind and body), and a sword (kirpan, denoting fight for a just cause).

3. Towards the end of his life, the aged Nanak returned home to Punjab and settled down at Kartharpur with his family. People came from far and near to hear his hymns and preaching. After his death, his Hindu followers thought him to be a Hindu and his Muslim followers thought him to be a Muslim.

Ans 3 ) It is a very simple answer SIKHS are the belivers of universality of religion . All good thoughts emanating from any person ( the manifestation of God ) including your self is worthy of being emulated and adopted by sikhs. we are a religion which is open and adaptable . No rigidities in us. No concept like time wrap.

Bhul Chuk maf

WGKWGH
Inshalla

hps62:) :D :star: :wah:

nagaraja

SPNer
Mar 4, 2006

:wah:
we never (or anybody ) calimed that and (sai ) Sathguru Nanak was a prophet we never said that.
1) But you should understand that he was one of the greatest ever saints to born and teach the true values to the mankind sach sach sach hi sach aad sach jugad sach Nanak hosi bhi such
2)He was true World Master Teacher Guru becoz he went to teach the world and show the true path to the then Known world he Never Critisized any body any prophet but instead he sai that god is only one stop all meaningless rituals and so on....
3)No Saint in the world ever traveled that much and to educate people
4)He is true Master,Guru,Reformer,Saint of Saints,Peer ....
5) He clearly said that I am a slave ,Slave of the slaves why you are unknowingly propagating prophet things
Rab Jane Kaun Kya Hai
Be True in your faith thats all we need .

Thanks
Waheguru

jinni said:
Sikhs do call, Guru Nanak as their Prophet. Which is wrong, becos hazrat Muhammad [SAW]was the last prophet, and all others who claim to be one, are hypocrites and false prophet.
jinni said:
Guru Nanak was no Prophet just reformer, it would be clear by reading the fowlling.

Qualities of a Prophet of God

No one can become a prophet of God by his own choosing or effort; Allah has to choose him to be His prophet. And Allah chooses only such persons who have all the qualities necessary for that role, and He does so at the appropriate time in history, and then He protects His prophets from falling into the kind of errors that do not suit a prophet.

The first duty that a prophet of God does is to tell his people that he has been appointed a prophet by God to invite people to His way. Thus, a genuine prophet claims to be a prophet of God, though this claim in itself is not enough. But first and foremost, a prophet has to claim himself to be a prophet of God. The people often question this claim and threaten him to give up his claim. They may even offer him all kinds of temptations that ordinary humans would fall for. But the genuine prophets ignore these and go forward with their God-given mission.

So, the first question you need to ask your Sikh friend is: Did Nanak really claim to be a prophet chosen by God to lead people out of darkness into light?

If the answer is “no,” tell him that this proves that prophethood was conferred on him by his zealous followers and it is meaningless to continue to argue that Nanak was a prophet.

If the answer is “yes,” the second question is: Did Nanak approve of the roles of earlier prophets of God, especially the prophet who came just before him, Muhammad (peace be on him)?

If he says “yes,” ask him then how one can reconcile the fact that Muhammad was the Last Prophet of God and the claim that Nanak was a prophet after the Last Prophet.

The third question is whether all the Sikhs believe that their holy book, called the Adi Granth, was revealed to Nanak by God. If they say “yes,” ask them whether there is any statement to that effect in the book itself and whether Nanak said that the Adi Granth had been fully revealed to him by God. If the answer is in the affirmative, your Sikh friend has to show the proof that the above statements are true, from the Adi Granth itself. This will not be possible for him to do for the following reasons:

1. The Adi Granth is a collection of the writings of many Gurus including Nanak. It was in 1604—Nanak died in 1539—that Arjan Dev, one of the ten Gurus, compiled the hymns of Guru Nanak along with the compositions of both Hindu and Muslim holy men like Jaidev, Surdas, Sheikh Farid and Kabir. The compiled book was enshrined by Arjan in the Golden Temple with the name “Adi Granth.”

2. A prophet of God is a model for all his followers in all aspects of life. But in the case of Sikhism, we find that it was not Guru Nanak, but the tenth Guru, Gobind Singh, who organized the community of Sikhs into a khalsa, “a spiritual brotherhood devoted to purity of thought and action.” He taught his followers to wear long hair (kesh, denoting saintly appearance), underwear (kachha, denoting self-control), an iron bangle (kara, denoting purity in acts), a comb (kangha, denoting cleanliness of mind and body), and a sword (kirpan, denoting fight for a just cause).

3. Towards the end of his life, the aged Nanak returned home to Punjab and settled down at Kartharpur with his family. People came from far and near to hear his hymns and preaching. After his death, his Hindu followers thought him to be a Hindu and his Muslim followers thought him to be a Muslim.

From the foregoing, we understand that Guru Nanak was not a prophet of God, but a religious reformer of his times.

Apr 4, 2006

Dear Friend, Sat Sri Akal
I Do Not Agree With You,
Can You Reply My Questions,

1. Who Says That "hazrat Muhammad" Were The Last Prophet Of God.
2. How Do You Know That What Qualities Are Necessary To Be A Prophet.
Are You God !
Who Are You !
Have You The Full Knowledge About Qualities Of A Prophet Of God.
I Think Only Prophet Of God Can Give The Answers Of These Questions.
Remember Dear
Lack Of Knowledge Can Some Time Prove Harmful To Anybody.
So Pls. Do Not Write Ant Thing Without Full Knowledge.

Regards

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

There is nothing like 'Prophet of God'
Only insane and arrogant mind can claim himself to be a Prophet of GOD.
If today I claim myself as a prophet of God, tell me what proof can someone have anyone to disprove it !!!

Apr 14, 2006

Dear Friends,

I request my friend Sevadaar Jinni to kindly read this carefully.

I have read the Quran in English translation by Mermaduke Pickthal, a British Muslim.

To all those interested in the subject, specially Jinni, I would recommend the following book.

"WHY I AM NOT A MUSLIM".
By
IBN WARRAQ.

(ISBN 0-87975-984-4)​

The writer is a Saudi Muslim, who now lives and teaches in Ohio. The book was published by Prometheus Books in 1995.

I also request him to be kind enough to let us know what he thinks of the book, of course after he has read it. Besides, I wish to know from Jinni, if he would take any action to ensure issue of a harsher Fatwa against Mr. Ibn Warraq than was issued against Salman Rushdie?

All friends should wait for that.

As far as Guru Nanak is concerned, he never claimed to be a prophet. So, this debate about him being a false or a genuine one is pointless. There however is no doubt that Guru Nanak gave to Humanity more Love and Peace than any Prophet. What do you think Dear Jinni?

Your Sevadaar,

Manmohan.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

THe main difference between Mohammad and Guru Nanak is:

Mohammad - frightens its followers with the imagery of a dreadful hell and thousands of imaginary punishments if they did not believe Him to be the last prophet and messenger of Allah. He instilled FEAR and only FEAR.

Guru Nanak's message is of LOVE and only LOVE towards other Human beings irrespective of faith and religion. HIS MESSAGE IS THAT ANY MAN CAN MEET GOD IF HE CAN FIND GOD'S LIGHT IN EVERY THING IN THIS UNIVERSE. According to Guru Nanak's traching you donot become unbeleiver or {censored} if you donot follow Guru Nanak.

Apr 14, 2006

Dear Friend Jinni,

You have stated that "hazrat Muhammad [SAW]was the last prophet.

I would request you to please enlighten me by a straight answer to the following question;

Who told you?

Besides, are you sure Allah will not send another prophet if it became necessary in His view?

Warm Regards,

Manmohan
Sevadaar.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

My dear friend Jinni,

You are well advised to take the effect of Jinn from your mind. Rather all fanatic Muslims are in fact under the spell of Jinn.
Do you have answer to the following ?
Muslims say that Quran is the complete code of life or complete in any sense.
Then why, do Muslims seek help from the Hadiths? (Traditions)

Muslims cannot understand the Quran without the Hadiths!
If a Muslim does not believe in the (Hadiths) tradition of Mohd, he loses half of his deen, (Religion) --- Is it not highlighting the failure of the Quran itself?

Here are some of the Hadiths !!!!!

(1) Mohd married with Ayesha when She was six year old and had sexual intercourse with her when she was 9 year old. (Al-Bukhari,Vol3,p91)
(2) Mohd used to make love with all of his 9 wives in one go. (Al-Bukhari,Vol3,P118)
(3) Mohd possessed sexual strength of 30 men (Al-Bukhari, Vol1, p181) and many similar Hadiths are in their authentic books.
It is sickening to read the Hadiths. Imam Bukhari has provided more sexual details of Mohd in his AL-Bukhari Sharef, than in the KOKSHASTER. Muslims say that all Al-Bukhari Sharef hadiths are authentic.
For example it is not mentioned in the Quran how you have to perform the five prayers, even the five prayers are not mentioned in the Quran, Details of the Hajj rituals have also not been given.
Other things have not been mentioned, and are missing in the Quran, for example, how do Muslims lawfully slaughter the animals?
The Quran does not say anything about circumcision, and details of when and where it should take place. Which method should be used is not highlighted.

This is not all. There are many more funny things in Hadiths that would be repulsive to normal thinking modern human being.

Do you still want to read Quran !!!

Can you still call Mohammad a prophet ?

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Mr Jinni

If suppose I become a Lunatic Tommorrow and start calling myself a Prophet and tell everyone that some angle of God has made me HIS Last Prophet. Would you beleive me ??
I know that you wont.
Only another LUNATIC would beleive me and become my follower and I assure you there is no derth of Lunatics in this world.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Mr Jinni

You say that Guru Nanak is a false Prophet.

But tell me who told you that Guru Nanak was a Prophet. He never claimed Himself to be a Prophet of God. He never claimed to have any super natural powers in Himself. He never claimed to be someone with superior atributes.

Only a person with derranged state of Mind can come up with funny stories and abnormal claims of being a special messenger of God and that too the LAST one. As if GOD is exhausted of all the ideas and is left with no more capacity for further action and has reached to a state of Impotency !!

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Mr Jinni

Do you know how humble Guru Nanak was ?

He said
" I belong to the a caste that is humblest of the humble. And I do not want to compare myself among big persons"

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Statement:
"hazrat Muhammad [SAW]was the last prophet."

Question:
Who told you?

Ans:
Prophet Himself !!!! :) :}{}{}: :shock:

Statement: I am the most learned person on this earth !!
Qus: Who told you ?
And: I myself !!!:}{}{}:

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Mr Jinni

You call Guru Nanak a False Prophet and Mohammad a True Prophet !!!

Mohammad allowed Muslims to have FOUR wifes but He could not control his sexual desire and married to nine women, many more than a common Muslim. He was also allowed to keep countless maids.
Tell me who is True and who is FALSE !!

See the following Quranic verse Muhammad told his followers to justify his marriages and keeping of maid captives.

"O Prophet! We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have given their dowers; and those ladies whom your right hands possess (from the prisoners of war) whom Allah has assigned to you; and the daughters of your paternal uncles and aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and aunts, who have migrated with you; and the believing woman who gave herself to the Prophet if the Prophet desires to marry her – this permission is only for you and not for the other believers; we know what restrictions We have imposed on the other believers concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess. We have granted you this privilege as an exception so that no blame may be attached to you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful”. (Quran 33:50)

Now Tell me Mr. Jinni who is a False Prophet !!!

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Mr Jinni

What about Prophet Mohammad's Marriage to Aisha !!

His marriage with Aisha seems to be very funny when he was 53 and she was 9. :( :confused: :eek: :}--}:

:wah: :wah:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can you call HIM a True Prophet ???

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM