• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurcharan Singh Jeonvala And Sukhbir Singh Discussion On Dasam Granth At Sur Sagar TV

Jan 30, 2010
Re: Gurcharan Singh Jeonvala and Sukhbir Singh Discussion on Dasam Granth at Sur Saga

I haven't been able to find the speech where Sant Bhindranwale explains difference between kaali and akaali yet but I'll post it when found.

Meanwhile I found the following speech where Sant ji says how a Sikh should behave with a Sikh.It seems Sukhbir Singh who is fond of mentioning Sant ji's name again and again with pride as if he has had Amrit from Sant Bhindranwale himself ,has not seen this speech :

YouTube- Sant Bhindranwale Tiger Style Remix Speech 1

Listen at 0.29 ...How a Sikh should behave with a Sikh

lionheart

SPNer
Apr 8, 2009
Re: Gurcharan Singh Jeonvala and Sukhbir Singh Discussion on Dasam Granth at Sur Saga

I must say this is why I love SPN. It presents all viewpoints in an unbiased manner.:happy:

I think thats untrue, all the posts I've read so far in this thread have an underlying bias leaning towards Jeeonvala. That being said I do agree with you all about some points of the discussion. If Sukhbir Singh would have refrained from the constant belittling he would have come out on top of this debate according to me. He had a really good grasp on what he was debating. He almost rendered all arguments of Jeeonvala invalid.

Although, there were a few that he skipped over, I feel that they were far less than what Jeeonvala. Jeeonvala basically presented an argument then listened to Sukhbir Singhs counterargument and since he had no response to it, he just moved on to his next argument. Not to agree with Sukhbir Singh on the caliber of Jeeonvala's scholarly abilities but in my eyes if you see someone doing that in a debate it just means that there arguments are not carefully thought out and are fairly baseless.

Another point that was brought up, which I agree with. I think it was unfair and biased to have 2 against 1 in the debate. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or if Jeeonvala's partner never showed up. In any case, I thought Sr. Pannu being a moderator should have taken out that bias.

I thought this was a much needed discussion as most of us or at least I do not have the knowledge to refute anyone's claim for or against Dasam Granth. Yes, I'm one of those blind followers because I have personally experienced some of the goodness of Dasam baani.

Before I took Amrit or well as Mr. Jeeonvala was saying apparently we can't call it Amrit as there is no mention of it anywhere as being called that, so I guess I'll call it "Khandey dee Pahul", I was not exactly the model Sikh. Although, I had always been told that baani could change a mans life and it was the 'right' thing to do. I was going through a difficult in my life so I thought I'd give it a try. I was 17 yrs old at this point and I only 3 banian "kanth" at this point, Japji Sahib, Chaupai Sahib, Rehraas Sahib. So I decided to start doing some baani throughout to see where it takes me. I did Japji Sahib in the morning as I had always done. Then I would Chaupai Sahibs throughout the day. I started with one, and in a week or two I felt hungry for more. I got up to ten a day and it felt amazing. I felt the urge to meet Guru Sahib, I started going to amritvela simran at a local Gurdwara and felt at peace. At 18 y.o. I took "Khandey dee Pahul". So, for me as much Dasam Baani as I have read, which is not much, has helped me.

For the whole discussion about the word "fakai", I think we're taking it too far. The point of Sukhbir Singh to bring that up was to show Jeeonvala (although it didn't work very well) that you cannot apply that kind of logic to baani, because baani is free of that, its "suatantar" = sovereign.

And the audio disturbances, that is just how Sur sagar transmission is lol...there is no panthic.org "controversy" behind this. Its just how there satellite transmission goes, it cuts out then comes back. I'm sure the other side recorded the debate as well, they wouldn't go without it and they would be quick to point if there was anything like that.

For the "kaal" discussion, the way I look at it is that, for example when we were kids I don't know if you guys. When I learnt that there was no end to numbers and it was called "infinity", it was pretty amazing. As kids sometimes we would try to say numbers higher than what another kid has said, and some of us would just say "INFINITYYY!!" and then the game was over because no matter what the other said, infinity was all encompassing. Now there is a point to this pointless story, haha. Now if we consider God, "Akaal" (timeless, limitless, free of death), then wouldn't that include all limits. Just like infinity encompasses all the finite things as well as the infinite. I think "Akaal" encompasses all that is. Hence, "Kaal" = (time, death) would be included. I'm no scholar but that's how I think about it.

For the last post by kee_jaana_mein_kaun, the way Sukhbir Singh would interpret Sant Jees speech in that excerpt you posted is different than what you would. As, for Sukhbir Singh, Jeeonvala is a "Panth Dokhi" because he is spewing venom about Dasam Baani, as we all agreed "****** Kavita", not the greatest of words to use. So for him, he is not going to respond by putting his other cheek forward. Its just a matter of "anakh" (pride), the good kind, the kind for your guru. BUT YES, I do agree that the whole belittling was pointless and I lost respect for Sukhbir Singh when he did that.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought I should.

Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fathe
<script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_120515", true);</script>

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009
Actually Sukhbir Singh got away from debating some points by belittling jeonwala. A smart tactic but just proves that even if some of the points of Jeonwala were refuted not all is well with current DG. And if watch carefully you will know that the Host was clearly on the side of Sukhbir Singh, the way he dared Jeonwala to 'run away' from debate in beginning and composed himself only after jeonwala pointed to him the 'terms' agreed for the debate.

Also 'fanke' does not mean 'F***' in SGGS or punjabi but 'near' is used for near in DG. Trying to find similar faults in SGGS is no good, if DG is true granth then it should be able to stand on its own. I feel a better learned and clever scholar would have teared Sukhbir Singh apart in a matter of few minutes.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

I think thats untrue, all the posts I've read so far in this thread have an underlying bias leaning towards Jeeonvala. That being said I do agree with you all about some points of the discussion. If Sukhbir Singh would have refrained from the constant belittling he would have come out on top of this debate according to me. He had a really good grasp on what he was debating. He almost rendered all arguments of Jeeonvala invalid.

Although, there were a few that he skipped over, I feel that they were far less than what Jeeonvala. Jeeonvala basically presented an argument then listened to Sukhbir Singhs counterargument and since he had no response to it, he just moved on to his next argument. Not to agree with Sukhbir Singh on the caliber of Jeeonvala's scholarly abilities but in my eyes if you see someone doing that in a debate it just means that there arguments are not carefully thought out and are fairly baseless.

Another point that was brought up, which I agree with. I think it was unfair and biased to have 2 against 1 in the debate. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or if Jeeonvala's partner never showed up. In any case, I thought Sr. Pannu being a moderator should have taken out that bias.

I thought this was a much needed discussion as most of us or at least I do not have the knowledge to refute anyone's claim for or against Dasam Granth. Yes, I'm one of those blind followers because I have personally experienced some of the goodness of Dasam baani.

Before I took Amrit or well as Mr. Jeeonvala was saying apparently we can't call it Amrit as there is no mention of it anywhere as being called that, so I guess I'll call it "Khandey dee Pahul", I was not exactly the model Sikh. Although, I had always been told that baani could change a mans life and it was the 'right' thing to do. I was going through a difficult in my life so I thought I'd give it a try. I was 17 yrs old at this point and I only 3 banian "kanth" at this point, Japji Sahib, Chaupai Sahib, Rehraas Sahib. So I decided to start doing some baani throughout to see where it takes me. I did Japji Sahib in the morning as I had always done. Then I would Chaupai Sahibs throughout the day. I started with one, and in a week or two I felt hungry for more. I got up to ten a day and it felt amazing. I felt the urge to meet Guru Sahib, I started going to amritvela simran at a local Gurdwara and felt at peace. At 18 y.o. I took "Khandey dee Pahul". So, for me as much Dasam Baani as I have read, which is not much, has helped me.

For the whole discussion about the word "fakai", I think we're taking it too far. The point of Sukhbir Singh to bring that up was to show Jeeonvala (although it didn't work very well) that you cannot apply that kind of logic to baani, because baani is free of that, its "suatantar" = sovereign.

And the audio disturbances, that is just how Sur sagar transmission is lol...there is no panthic.org "controversy" behind this. Its just how there satellite transmission goes, it cuts out then comes back. I'm sure the other side recorded the debate as well, they wouldn't go without it and they would be quick to point if there was anything like that.

For the "kaal" discussion, the way I look at it is that, for example when we were kids I don't know if you guys. When I learnt that there was no end to numbers and it was called "infinity", it was pretty amazing. As kids sometimes we would try to say numbers higher than what another kid has said, and some of us would just say "INFINITYYY!!" and then the game was over because no matter what the other said, infinity was all encompassing. Now there is a point to this pointless story, haha. Now if we consider God, "Akaal" (timeless, limitless, free of death), then wouldn't that include all limits. Just like infinity encompasses all the finite things as well as the infinite. I think "Akaal" encompasses all that is. Hence, "Kaal" = (time, death) would be included. I'm no scholar but that's how I think about it.

For the last post by kee_jaana_mein_kaun, the way Sukhbir Singh would interpret Sant Jees speech in that excerpt you posted is different than what you would. As, for Sukhbir Singh, Jeeonvala is a "Panth Dokhi" because he is spewing venom about Dasam Baani, as we all agreed "****** Kavita", not the greatest of words to use. So for him, he is not going to respond by putting his other cheek forward. Its just a matter of "anakh" (pride), the good kind, the kind for your guru. BUT YES, I do agree that the whole belittling was pointless and I lost respect for Sukhbir Singh when he did that.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought I should.

Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fathe
<script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_120515", true);</script>

I think if there is a bias towards Jeonwala, it is not necessarily that people like me agree with him, its just that the behaviour of the Badal Cronies has annoyed most ordinary decent Sikhs. Anyone who believes in Natural Justice (and we most certainly do as Sikhs would be infuriated). I may not agree with what you say, but I certainly will defend your right to say it.

The Akaal point I agree, Kaal is part of Akaal, but Akaal is a far greater concept than Kaal. The fact in the first of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji we hear God being described as AkaalMoorat, i.e. beyond time and space is mind blowing. To describe Kaal Moorat would state he is within time and space, which does not have the same ring.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Ballym ji

Yes - the fakal discussion is nothing more than a way to side-track important issues -- issues on which the facts and logic do not favor Sukhbir Singh. To score points for people who are hanging on shreds.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Heres a letter from DR Tarlochan Singh of California...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji KI Fateh

These so-called “Gurmat-vihoonay” scholars do not understand the Sikh scriptures at all. As a result they try to interpret Sikh scriptures based on their limited knowledge. They need to grow up and read some world literature and other languages.

They need to keep in mind that the languages used in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth are part of Indo-European group of languages and there certainly are many English words used in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Granth. In fact, there are hundreds of words which are common between English, Spanish, French, Latin, Sanskrit and Punjabi with some variations. Punjabi is part of the Indo-European family of languages.

Here is a short list:

English/Spanish/Latin = Punjabi/Gurmat

Near = naire, neerai
Heart = heardia, hirda
Silk = silk
F**k = fakai
Day = deh
Cut = cut, katai
Centre = kendre
Mother = mai
Brother = brather
Wizier (minister) = wazir
Path = path
Dos (two) = do
Tres (three) = trai or tin
Seis (Sp. six) = chhe (shay)
Siete (Sp.), seven = sat
Eight (ocho, Sp.) = ath
Nine (Sp. Nueve) = nau
Ten (Sp. Diez) = Das
Deci (Sp. diez), ten = das
Decimus (Latin, name given to tenth child, tenth) = dasma
Duhtir (fr. Dauhitri) = the daughter (Cf. Punjab dohti, daughter of a daughter
Medi- (middle) = Madhya or madh

Those who raise such questions should do some homework and study foreign languages before raising such ridiculous questions.

There is a dictionary called “English and Sanskrit A Common Heritage of Words (With Special Reference to Punjabi)” published by Punjabi University that lists over 1145 such words. Please read it.

Das

Tarlochan Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

I need that complete list because it is related to a new research project in language acquisition that I am working on. Do you know how I can obtain it?
Perhaps a book that is available for sale?

Thank you for this information. We should also post it in the Punjabi language learning part of the forum.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Narayan Ji,
DR Tarlochan Singh Ji Nahal has a very good Bookshop in California....he may have the book he mentions....i will write to him..or alternatively you cna contact him in the States..
maybe you will get lucky..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji That is great. I have the information that I need. It should not be hard to find the bookshop. Thank you.

:happy:

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada
Gurfateh to you all

I
think all of you are doing a great JOB. SSTV yes did a good job but I watched the whole show myself. I was very much upset listening and watching the body language of those two Singh (Sukhvir Singh ) and other the way they were insulting GSJ. <?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
We can have open discussion but body language and word from your mouth has to be very nice toward each other

When host of TV made GSJ to say Sorry but Host should made other Sukhvir Singh to say sorry too when he used the words on Prof Darshan Singh JI also kee saying to GSJ you do not know anything you have to read this & that. SO those are my opinions
BHul CHuk Maaf
Gurfateh

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
One has to be respectful to INVITE RESPECT. Respect is EARNED.
Sad to say the "panthic Singhs" almost earned mine... i lost it when they began to insult the other side as... you have all heard on the tape.

BTW you all must have read the story put out by the Panthic singhs on their sites... they call the person Jeowala Brar (Excommunicated). Now if you cannot even write his true and Guru Given Name (Gurcharan Sigh Brar Jeonwala)..and IF he is excommunicated... what were the Panthic Singhs doing... debating him ???

The exact same beahviour was exhibited during the debate with Prof Ghaggha in Toronto/Tapoban area. He was alone and the opposing group of panthics was a large one... Ghagha was also "derided" for drinking water (just as Gurcharan Singh was )... so now drinking water in a lengthy debate (by an OLD MAN) is also a sign of defeat ?? These panthics are snatching STRAWS to hold up their END..."victory" ??? what is that ?? this is a Debate and BOTH sides scored some points... the JURY is still OUT.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Excerts from debate at sikhnet...

Quoting Rani Kaur:
Sukhbir Singh quoted from Giani Gian Singh's writings to support Dasam Granth. But if he is referring to Giani Gian Singh, who wrote Panth Parkash in 1880, then can someone please have himto read the following from the same book:

ਸੁੱਖਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਔਰ॥ ਰਚੀ ਬੀੜ ਪਟਨੇ ਮੈ ਗੌਰ॥
Sukha Singh granthi prepared a Bir(granth) in Patna.

ਪੁਨਾ ਚੜਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਤਾਕੇ ਪੂਤ॥ ਅਖਰ ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਮਸੂਤ॥
He had a son named ChaRat Singh whose letters (handwriting) matched with Dasam Guru.

ਕਰ ਕੈ ਪਾਂਚ ਪਤਰੇ ਔਰ॥ ਗੁਰੁ ਤਰਫੋਂ ਲਿਖ ਪਾਏ ਗੌਰ॥
He prepared five more pages and added these on behalf of Guru.

ਔਰ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਇਕ ਵੈਸਾ ਕੀਓ॥ ਸੋ ਬਾਬੇ ਹਾਕਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਲੀਓ॥
Another Granth was prepared that Baba Hakam Singh took.

ਸੋ ਗੁਰਦਵਾਰੇ ਮੋਤੀ ਬਾਗ॥ ਹੈ ਅਬ ਹਮਨੇ ਪਿਖਯੋ ਬਿਲਾਗ॥
That is at Gurudawara Moti Baag, and I have seen it as well.

ਔਰੈਂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਕਈ ਉਨ ਲਿਖੇ॥ ਅਖਰ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਮ ਹੈ ਹਮ ਪਿਖੈ॥
They wrote many other granths. The handwriting matched with Guru's handwriting, I have seen this myself.

ਦਸਖਤ ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੁ ਕੈ ਕਹਿ ਕੈ॥ ਕੀਮਤ ਲਈ ਚੌਗਨੀ ਕਹਿ ਕੈ॥
They claimed the signatures to be Dasam Guru's and priced these many times more with that claim.

This from the same granth is painting a completely different picture about Dasam Granth. :advocate:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
One has to be respectful to INVITE RESPECT. Respect is EARNED.
Sad to say the "panthic Singhs" almost earned mine... i lost it when they began to insult the other side as... you have all heard on the tape.

BTW you all must have read the story put out by the Panthic singhs on their sites... they call the person Jeowala Brar (Excommunicated). Now if you cannot even write his true and Guru Given Name (Gurcharan Sigh Brar Jeonwala)..and IF he is excommunicated... what were the Panthic Singhs doing... debating him ???

The exact same beahviour was exhibited during the debate with Prof Ghaggha in Toronto/Tapoban area. He was alone and the opposing group of panthics was a large one... Ghagha was also "derided" for drinking water (just as Gurcharan Singh was )... so now drinking water in a lengthy debate (by an OLD MAN) is also a sign of defeat ?? These panthics are snatching STRAWS to hold up their END..."victory" ??? what is that ?? this is a Debate and BOTH sides scored some points... the JURY is still OUT.

Gyani ji

By now we should realize that these are people who have second careers waiting for them in Hollywood/Bollywood. Stagecraft! Planned ahead of time!

I for one think that there is no way to win a debate with a pack of mad dogs.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Heres a letter from DR Tarlochan Singh of California...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji KI Fateh

These so-called “Gurmat-vihoonay” scholars do not understand the Sikh scriptures at all. As a result they try to interpret Sikh scriptures based on their limited knowledge. They need to grow up and read some world literature and other languages.

They need to keep in mind that the languages used in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth are part of Indo-European group of languages and there certainly are many English words used in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Granth. In fact, there are hundreds of words which are common between English, Spanish, French, Latin, Sanskrit and Punjabi with some variations. Punjabi is part of the Indo-European family of languages.

Here is a short list:

English/Spanish/Latin = Punjabi/Gurmat

Near = naire, neerai
Heart = heardia, hirda
Silk = silk
F**k = fakai
Day = deh
Cut = cut, katai
Centre = kendre
Mother = mai
Brother = brather
Wizier (minister) = wazir
Path = path
Dos (two) = do
Tres (three) = trai or tin
Seis (Sp. six) = chhe (shay)
Siete (Sp.), seven = sat
Eight (ocho, Sp.) = ath
Nine (Sp. Nueve) = nau
Ten (Sp. Diez) = Das
Deci (Sp. diez), ten = das
Decimus (Latin, name given to tenth child, tenth) = dasma
Duhtir (fr. Dauhitri) = the daughter (Cf. Punjab dohti, daughter of a daughter
Medi- (middle) = Madhya or madh

Those who raise such questions should do some homework and study foreign languages before raising such ridiculous questions.

There is a dictionary called “English and Sanskrit A Common Heritage of Words (With Special Reference to Punjabi)” published by Punjabi University that lists over 1145 such words. Please read it.

Das

Tarlochan Singh

Some more which are the same in Portuguese:

Prato= Praat= plate

Mesa= Mez= Table

Cha'= Cha= Chai= Tea

Pantloon= Pantloon= Trousers

When more crop up, I will write them down.

explorer

SPNer
Mar 27, 2006
Having listened to the debate twice, I feel that the sympathies to either sides are due our personal bias towards either of one.

What I regret is that this debate should have been taken up by people who are of the calibre of Dr. Rattan Singh Jaggi and the counter-debate should be taken up by Dr. Harbhajan Singh(Patiala University).

GCS Jeonwala is no qualified expert : not in SGGS, not in DG, not in literature/poetry.

Also about two singhs, they are no experts and frequently qouted Dr Sahib singh, Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha etc.

A scholarly matter is being debate like a cricket match is not going to do any good to us except that it will show shallowness on the world stage that how intelligent we are in solving our issues.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
My 2 cent worth.

For me there is no debate. There can not be a debate. How can there be a debate based on speculation and people pretending to play Guru Gobind Singh?

We all know who wrote the SGGS, our only Guru and no one knows who wrote the so called DG. The only person who knows the truth about it never mentioned anything about it anywhere, and that person is our Dasam Pita- Guru Gobind Singh. Let's show respect and reverence to our 10th Guru and accept his actions. Not doing so is nothing but insulting him on purpose which is uncalled for any Sikh. No one can or should speak on his behalf.

All these pretenders are blowing their own whistles while riding on their own ego trains as they have deliberately missed the Gurmat train.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Can you pls list some scholars who have not missed the Gurmat Train ( from a period of last 150 years) ?

Explorer ji,

Guru Fateh.

All those so called scholars who pretended and still pretend to talk on behalf our Dasam Pita. Our Dasam Pita, who sacrifcied his own dad, NOT for the sake of Sikhi but for the sake of humanity so all have the right to seek Ik Ong Kaar in their own way.( The founding fathers of the US adopted the same, quite unknowingly hundreds of years later).

Our Dasam Pita, Guru Gobind Singh, who sacrificed his own sons, added his dad's Gurbani to the SGGS, our only Guru that he bestowed on us. He did not write a single word of his own poetry to the SGGS despite the fact that he was a great poet, a polyglot and had 52 companion poets at Paonta Sahib, one of the most beautiful places in the world. For those who have not visited it, please make it a point to do so.

Having 52 companion poets from all different faiths, walks of life, traditions is like having a modern day meeting of the UN where the agenda is expressing one's romance with the nature and love for the fellow being.

Explorer ji,

Guru Gobind Singh put the icing on the Khalsa cake started by Guru Nanak. What an honour for all of us to have that!

Don't you think, our Dasam Pita would have added his poetry to the SGGS if he wanted to after adding Guru Teg Bhadur, his dad's?

He had every right, insight, creativity to do that, even penning one single Salok ending with Nanak as he was the 10th Nanak, the same way all others had done.

But the fact of the matter is that he did not and the reasons are only known to him. Who are we to second guess him? How dare we?

So, all those Sikhs Scholars, Historians, intellects and other lay people who have been conned by the clever oratory of the literati with some hidden agenda, which is only known to them and who claim to know more about Guru Gobind Singh ji and his actions or in actions than about themselves have missed the Gurmat train but are proudly whistling along while riding on their ego trains.

Tejwant Singh

explorer

SPNer
Mar 27, 2006
Respected Tejwant ji,

Thanks for response but it doesnot answer my simple question?

My question was : Is there any scholar in last 150 years who has understood the Gurmat and lived as a Guru-oriented one?

Pls answer my simple question, if you wish to go for an open dialogue.

Thanks!!
Explorer

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Respected Tejwant ji,

Thanks for response but it doesnot answer my simple question?

My question was : Is there any scholar in last 150 years who has understood the Gurmat and lived as a Guru-oriented one?

Pls answer my simple question, if you wish to go for an open dialogue.

Thanks!!
Explorer

Explorer ji,

Guru Fateh.

I apologise for not knowing your intentions and the kind of answers you were expecting as I am not very good at mind reading.

I can only say one thing "to answer to your simple question to go for an open dialogue"- your words. I am no one to judge anyone. How dare I?

My initial post on this thread about debate shows that. Only Ik Ong Kaar knows which milestone each of is at. No one else knows that. That is why our name is Sikh, a student a learner which is a journey not a destination as your simple question would indicate.

Having said that, learning is a life long Gurmat ride for a Sikh.

Isn't "Mil Sadh Sangat bhaj keval naam" indicate that?

For me, I learn a lot from people like you and others in this wonderful forum.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM