• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Fear Of God

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected Friends,

There is wealth in the form of 'shabad' in the Granth sahib that deals with various topics of. I shall be posting these 'shabad' almost on daily basis on various topics. One is free to refer to the Granth sahib and any other commentary for exact meaning of the shabads and the bani.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 10
ang 54

[ Notes:At many places the 'soul' has been stated and addressed as bride. In the present shabad also soul has been referred to as the bride and the Lord is referred to as the Husband. It is through and for the love, the love of God, that one develops the Fear of the god. The term 'word of shabad' is also a term that is widely employed in the Granth sahib translations in english.

It stands for the celestial word having element of divinity present in it. It is naam as well that is the essence as per sikh philosophy.
As these are of intrinsic value it is better to avoid any controversy in regard to the terms like 'word of sabad' and 'sabad' and Naam etc.,
After analyzing the translation of English and linking them with the Gurmukhi script I have simplified the things in my own way i.e. if the word 'Sabad ' is not pre-fixed by any other word the 'sabad' stands for the 'celestial word'.In case it has some pre- fix; the pre-fix should be looked into carefully. If the pre-fix is Guru i.e 'Guru Sabad' it should stand for the Teachings of Guru. The rule has worked for me fine. However, it is not to generalize. One should,of course, be guided by the context as well.

One should be guided by one's own meaning in case it is felt that there is some variance assigned to the meanings. I shall not take up the questions.One may post the opinion in regard to these. ]

• First Mehl:
  • All are brides of the Husband Lord; all decorate themselves for Him.But when the time comes to settle their accounts, their red robes are corrupt.His Love is not obtained through hypocrisy. Her false coverings bring only ruin. ||1||
  • In this way, the Dear Husband Lord ravishes and enjoys His bride.The happy soul-bride is pleasing to You, Lord; by Your Grace, You adorn her. ||1||Pause||
  • She is decorated with the Word of the Guru's Shabad; her mind and body belong to her Husband Lord.With her palms pressed together, she stands, waiting on Him, and offers her True prayers to Him.Dyed in the deep crimson of the Love of her Darling Lord, she dwells in the Fear of the True One. Imbued with His Love, she is dyed in the color of His Love. ||2||
  • She is said to be the hand-maiden of her Beloved Lord; His sweetheart surrenders to His Name.True Love is never broken; she is united in Union with the True One.
  • Attuned to the Word of the Shabad, her mind is pierced through. I am forever a sacrifice to Him. ||3||
  • That bride, who is absorbed into the True Guru, shall never become a widow.Her Husband Lord is Beautiful; His Body is forever fresh and new. The True One does not die, and shall not go.
  • He continually enjoys His happy soul-bride; He casts His Gracious Glance of Truth upon her, and she abides in His Will. ||4||
  • The bride braids her hair with Truth; her clothes are decorated with His Love.Like the essence of sandalwood, He permeates her consciousness, and the Temple of the Tenth Gate is opened.
  • The lamp of the Shabad is lit, and the Name of the Lord is her necklace. ||5||
  • She is the most beautiful among women; upon her forehead she wears the Jewel of the Lord's Love.
  • Her glory and her wisdom are magnificent; her love for the Infinite Lord is True.
  • Other than her Beloved Lord, she knows no man. She enshrines love for the True Guru. ||6||
  • Asleep in the darkness of the night, how shall she pass her life-night without her Husband?
  • Her limbs shall burn, her body shall burn, and her mind and wealth shall burn as well.
  • When the Husband does not enjoy His bride, then her youth passes away in vain. ||7||
  • The Husband is on the Bed, but the bride is asleep, and so she does not come to know Him.
  • While I am asleep, my Husband Lord is awake. Where can I go for advice?
  • The True Guru has led me to meet Him, and now I dwell in the Fear of God. O Nanak, His Love is always with me. ||8||2||

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 11

Siree Raag, First Mehl:
ang 57
[Notes: Besides Fear of God the shabad deals with the significance of Guru and Naam in our lives. Naam is said to have a cleansing effect on the mind. Guru Shaibs have stated in Jap ji sahib [paudi-1] as to how to purify our mind. The answer is given in the very next to the question posed i.e Kiv Sachiara Hoiaye Kiv Kurhe Tute Paal i.e answerto this question is Hukum Rajai Chalna Nanak likhya Naal. Thus as per the this one has to accept all things as Gift by accepting HIS will. In the present shabad it is stated that one's mind is cleansed by Naam. It is also referred to as the 'True merchandise'. Trading in merchandise would be Simran on 'naam' with our breath that is the capital we are given to spend here on this earth. Thus we pay the price by spending breaths in Simran and one exchange these breaths with the Simran on Lord.This is the trade that is referred to in the shabad. WE trade our breaths with the permannent merchandise i.e the Simran and object of Simran.
The rest of the shabad is almost self explanatory. I have not given The Gurmukhi Format of sabad to make the things look simple.]

Through the Guru, the Pure One is known, and the human body becomes pure as well.The Pure, True Lord abides within the mind; He knows the pain of our hearts.With intuitive ease, a great peace is found, and the arrow of death shall not strike you. ||1||
O Siblings of Destiny, filth is washed away by bathing in the Pure Water of the Name.You alone are Perfectly Pure, O True Lord; all other places are filled with filth. ||1||Pause||

The Temple of the Lord is beautiful; it was made by the Creator Lord.The sun and the moon are lamps of incomparably beautiful light. Throughout the three worlds, the Infinite Light is pervading.In the shops of the city of the body, in the fortresses and in the huts, the True Merchandise is traded. ||2||

The ointment of spiritual wisdom is the destroyer of fear; through love, the Pure One is seen.The mysteries of the seen and the unseen are all known, if the mind is kept centered and balanced.If one finds such a True Guru, the Lord is met with intuitive ease. ||3||

He draws us to His Touchstone, to test our love and consciousness.The counterfeit have no place there, but the genuine are placed in His Treasury.Let your hopes and anxieties depart; thus pollution is washed away. ||4||

Everyone begs for happiness; no one asks for suffering.
But in the wake of happiness, there comes great suffering. The self-willed manmukhs do not understand this.
Those who see pain and pleasure as one and the same find peace; they are pierced through by the Shabad. ||5||

The Vedas proclaim, and the words of Vyaasa tell us,
that the silent sages, the servants of the Lord, and those who practice a life of spiritual discipline are attuned to the Naam, the Treasure of Excellence.Those who are attuned to the True Name win the game of life; I am forever a sacrifice to them. ||6||

Those who do not have the Naam in their mouths are filled with pollution; they are filthy throughout the four ages.
Without loving devotion to God, their faces are blackened, and their honor is lost.Those who have forgotten the Naam are plundered by evil; they weep and wail in dismay. ||7||
  • I searched and searched, and found God. In the Fear of God, I have been united in His Union.
  • Through self-realization, people dwell within the home of their inner being; egotism and desire depart.O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Name of the Lord are immaculate and radiant. ||8||7||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 12
Maajh, Third Mehl:
ang 112

[Notes: In this 'shabad' we come across a new concept i.e dying in the word of Shabad. There is nothing that literal translation can be of any assistance in assigning meaning to this expression.It has also appeared in The Granth sahib at many places. The term implies as to losing or subduing the Ego that is called as Haume. The practice of word of sabad helps getting rid of haume. Naam and its practice helps cleansing the mind and one become humble person. Humility is a virtue of significant value in Sikhism. Sikhism is a way of leading life in righteous way i.e. by being truthful and by becoming 'Sachiara' that is discussed in the previous paras. One is advised to not to remain in delusions of Duality. In this shabad Soul has been addressed to as the Bride. The meanings are self explanatory.]

One who dies in the Word of the Shabad is truly dead.
Death does not crush him, and pain does not afflict him.
His light merges and is absorbed into the Light, when he hears and merges in the Truth. ||1||

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Lord's Name, which brings us to glory.One who serves the True Guru, and focuses his consciousness on Truth, following the Guru's Teachings, is absorbed in intuitive peace and poise. ||1||Pause||

This human body is transitory, and transitory are the garments it wears.Attached to duality, no one attains the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.Night and day, day and night, they burn. Without her Husband Lord, the soul-bride suffers in terrible pain. ||2||

Her body and her status shall not go with her to the world hereafter.Where she is called to answer for her account, there, she shall be emancipated only by true actions.Those who serve the True Guru shall prosper; here and hereafter, they are absorbed in the Naam. ||3||

She who adorns herself with the Love and the Fear of God,
by Guru's Grace, obtains the Mansion of the Lord's Presence as her home.Night and day, day and night, she constantly ravishes and enjoys her Beloved. She is dyed in the permanent color of His Love. ||4||

The Husband Lord abides with everyone, always;but how rare are those few who, by Guru's Grace, obtain His Glance of Grace.My God is the Highest of the High; granting His Grace, He merges us into Himself. ||5||

This world is asleep in emotional attachment to Maya.
Forgetting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, it ultimately comes to ruin.The One who put it to sleep shall also awaken it. Through the Guru's Teachings, understanding dawns. ||6||
One who drinks in this Nectar, shall have his delusions dispelled.
By Guru's Grace, the state of liberation is attained.
One who is imbued with devotion to the Lord, remains always balanced and detached. Subduing selfishness and conceit, he is united with the Lord. ||7||

He Himself creates, and He Himself assigns us to our tasks.
He Himself gives sustenance to the 8.4 million species of beings.O Nanak, those who meditate on the Naam are attuned to Truth. They do that which is pleasing to His Will. ||8||4||5||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh 80 ji

From another thread

ਪੰਚ ਭੂਤ ਸਚਿ ਭੈ ਰਤੇ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਚੀ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ॥
panch bhooth sach bhai rathae joth sachee man maahi ||

The body of the five elements is dyed in the Fear of the True One; the mind is filled with the True Light.

Guru Nanak
Ang 20
Sriraag

This means to me -- Once there is a complete transformation of consciousness -- consciousness of the universe, the universe of 5 elements, -- how we encounter the 5 elements -- the universe as we know it, Once this consciousness is dyed, changed, transformed by Fear of God, then the light enters -- the light that is already in the Word of the Shabad.

But here is my question. What happens first? Does the light of the shabad change us so that consciousness changes. Or must our consciousness change before the light enters us? I have not been able to understand this.

Note: I am recusing myself as moderator, so that i can continue as a discussant in this thread.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected aadji,

I shall like to answer in the morning. [my time] It is 11.40 p.m here right now plus I also want to consult some works before answering a very senior member.

Regards and Thanks

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected aad ji,
I have posted the reply to this in the thread of 'Understanding Gurbani'. Let us discuss this over there.
May kindly have a look and opine. I am continuing the sabads on 'Fear Of God'.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 13
Ang 112-15

Maajh, Third Mehl:
  • [Notes: The Shabad emphasizes that HE Himslef is everything. He himself instills the Fear of God. Tha shabad discusses Fear of God , devotional worship, perfect Karma and all that is pre-ordained. All of these are concepts in sikhism.Once the concepts are clear the assignment of the meaning follows. ]

Diamonds and rubies are produced deep within the self.
They are assayed and valued through the Word of the Guru's Shabad.Those who have gathered Truth, speak Truth; they apply the Touch-stone of Truth. ||1||

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who enshrine the Word of the Guru's Bani within their minds.
In the midst of the darkness of the world, they obtain the Immaculate One, and their light merges into the Light. ||1||Pause||

Within this body are countless vast vistas;
the Immaculate Naam is totally Inaccessible and Infinite.
He alone becomes Gurmukh and obtains it, whom the Lord forgives, and unites with Himself. ||2||

My Lord and Master implants the Truth.
By Guru's Grace, one's consciousness is attached to the Truth.
The Truest of the True is pervading everywhere; the true ones merge in Truth. ||3||

The True Carefree Lord is my Beloved.
He cuts out our sinful mistakes and evil actions;
with love and affection, meditate forever on Him. He implants the Fear of God and loving devotional worship within us. ||4||

Devotional worship is True, if it pleases the True Lord.
He Himself bestows it; He does not regret it later.
He alone is the Giver of all beings. The Lord kills with the Word of His Shabad, and then revives. ||5||

Other than You, Lord, nothing is mine.
I serve You, Lord, and I praise You.
You unite me with Yourself, O True God. Through perfect good karma You are obtained. ||6||

For me, there is no other like You.
By Your Glance of Grace, my body is blessed and sanctified.
Night and day, the Lord takes care of us and protects us. The Gurmukhs are absorbed in intuitive peace and poise. ||7||

For me, there is no other as Great as You.
You Yourself create, and You Yourself destroy.
You Yourself create, destroy and adorn. O Nanak, we are adorned and embellished with the Naam. ||8||5||6||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 14

Maajh, Third Mehl:
ang 114

[Notes: It is always useful to see the line of Pause or Rahao before undertaking the analysis of sabad. 'Rahao' line contains the important mesage as that is likely to be conveyed through the sabad.In this case the line contains the reference to true Guru who Himslef is a Nectar i.e the giver of the Naam. One can assign meaning to the shabads as per one's understanding.It is the best way of conceptualizing Bani.]

The Nectar of the Guru's Bani is very sweet.Rare are the Gurmukhs who see and taste it.The Divine Light dawns within, and the supreme essence is found. In the True Court, the Word of the Shabad vibrates. ||1||

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who focus their consciousness on the Guru's Feet.The True Guru is the True Pool of Nectar; bathing in it, the mind is washed clean of all filth. ||1||Pause||

Your limits, O True Lord, are not known to anyone.
Rare are those who, by Guru's Grace, focus their consciousness on You.Praising You, I am never satisfied; such is the hunger I feel for the True Name. ||2||

I see only the One, and no other.
By Guru's Grace, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar.
My thirst is quenched by the Word of the Guru's Shabad; I am absorbed in intuitive peace and poise. ||3||

The Priceless Jewel is discarded like straw;
the blind self-willed manmukhs are attached to the love of duality.As they plant, so do they harvest. They shall not obtain peace, even in their dreams. ||4||

Those who are blessed with His Mercy find the Lord.
The Word of the Guru's Shabad abides in the mind.
Night and day, they remain in the Fear of God; conquering their fears, their doubts are dispelled. ||5||

Dispelling their doubts, they find a lasting peace.
By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is attained.
Deep within, they are pure, and their words are pure as well; intuitively, they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||6||

They recite the Simritees, the Shaastras and the Vedas,
but deluded by doubt, they do not understand the essence of reality.Without serving the True Guru, they find no peace; they earn only pain and misery. ||7||

The Lord Himself acts; unto whom should we complain?
How can anyone complain that the Lord has made a mistake?
O Nanak, the Lord Himself does, and causes things to be done; chanting the Naam, we are absorbed in the Naam. ||8||7||8||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 15

Maajh, Third Mehl:
ang123

Your devotees look beautiful in the True Court.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they are adorned with the Naam.They are forever in bliss, day and night; chanting the Glorious Praises of the Lord, they merge with the Lord of Glory. ||1||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who hear and enshrine the Naam within their minds.
The Dear Lord, the True One, the Highest of the High, subdues their ego and blends them with Himself. ||1||Pause||

True is the Dear Lord, and True is His Name.
By Guru's Grace, some merge with Him.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, those who merge with the Lord shall not be separated from Him again. They merge with intuitive ease into the True Lord. ||2||

There is nothing beyond You;
You are the One who does, sees, and knows.
The Creator Himself acts, and inspires others to act. Through the Guru's Teachings, He blends us into Himself. ||3||

The virtuous soul-bride finds the Lord;
she decorates herself with the Love and the Fear of God.She who serves the True Guru is forever a happy soul-bride. She is absorbed in the true teachings. ||4||

Those who forget the Word of the Shabad have no home and no place of rest.
They are deluded by doubt, like a crow in a deserted house.
They forfeit both this world and the next, and they pass their lives suffering in pain and misery. ||5||

Writing on and on endlessly, they run out of paper and ink.
Through the love with duality, no one has found peace.
They write falsehood, and they practice falsehood; they are burnt to ashes by focusing their consciousness on falsehood. ||6||

The Gurmukhs write and reflect on Truth, and only Truth.
The true ones find the gate of salvation.
True is their paper, pen and ink; writing Truth, they are absorbed in the True One. ||7||

My God sits deep within the self; He watches over us.
Those who meet the Lord, by Guru's Grace, are acceptable.
O Nanak, glorious greatness is received through the Naam, which is obtained through the Perfect Guru. ||8||22||23||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 16
Second Mehl:
ang 139

He is seen, heard and known, but His subtle essence is not obtained.
How can the lame, armless and blind person run to embrace the Lord?
Let the Fear of God be your feet, and let His Love be your hands; let His Understanding be your eyes.

Says Nanak, in this way, O wise soul-bride, you shall be united with your Husband Lord. ||2||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 17
Shalok, First Mehl:

ang 148

[ Notes: How to meditate upon Him,Amritvella, Journey of soul in body]

Those who praise the Lord in the early hours of the morning and meditate on Him single-mindedly,
are the perfect kings; at the right time, they die fighting.

In the second watch, the focus of the mind is scattered in all sorts of ways.So many fall into the bottomless pit; they are dragged under, and they cannot get out again.

In the third watch, both hunger and thirst bark for attention, and food is put into the mouth.That which is eaten becomes dust, but they are still attached to eating.

In the fourth watch, they become drowsy. They close their eyes and begin to dream.Rising up again, they engage in conflicts; they set the stage as if they will live for 100 years.
If at all times, at each and every moment, they live in the fear of God -
O Nanak, the Lord dwells within their minds, and their cleansing bath is true. ||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 18

Pauree:
ang 149
After looking around in the four directions, I looked within my own self.There, I saw the True, Invisible Lord Creator.
I was wandering in the wilderness, but now the Guru has shown me the Way.
Hail to the True, True Guru, through whom we merge in the Truth.
I have found the jewel within the home of my own self; the lamp within has been lit.
Those who praise the True Word of the Shabad, abide in the peace of Truth.
But those who do not have the Fear of God, are overtaken by fear. They are destroyed by their own pride.
Having forgotten the Name, the world is roaming around like a wild demon. ||24||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 19
Shalok, Third Mehl:
ang 149

In fear we are born, and in fear we die. Fear is always present in the mind.O Nanak, if one dies in the fear of God, his coming into the world is blessed and approved. ||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 20
Third Mehl:
ang 149-10

Without the fear of God, you may live very, very long
, and savor the most enjoyable pleasures.

O Nanak, if you die without the fear of God, you will arise and depart with a blackened face. ||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sabad 21
ang 151

[Notes: Fear of God , Love of God and devotional worship are stated to be linked with each other and are dependent upo one another in this link. If one has reached the state of devotional worship, it is an achievement[Gyani Maskeen ji]

Raag Gauree Gwaarayree, First Mehl, Chau-Padas & Du-Padas:

One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying. Beyond Birth. Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace:
The Fear of God is overpowering, and so very heavy,
while the intellect is lightweight, as is the speech one speaks.
So place the Fear of God upon your head, and bear that weight;by the Grace of the Merciful Lord, contemplate the Guru. ||1||
Without the Fear of God, no one crosses over the world-ocean.This Fear of God adorns the Love of the Lord. ||1||Pause||
The fire of fear within the body is burnt away by the Fear of God.Through this Fear of God, we are adorned with the Word of the Shabad.Without the Fear of God, all that is fashioned is false.Useless is the mold, and useless are the hammer-strokes on the mold. ||2||
The desire for the worldly drama arises in the intellect,
but even with thousands of clever mental tricks, the heat of the Fear of God does not come into play.
O Nanak, the speech of the self-willed manmukh is just wind.
His words are worthless and empty, like the wind. ||3||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sabad 22
ang 153

The conscious mind is engrossed in sexual desire, anger and Maya.The conscious mind is awake only to falsehood, corruption and attachment.It gathers in the assets of sin and greed.So swim across the river of life, O my mind, with the Sacred Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||
Waaho! Waaho! - Great! Great is my True Lord! I seek Your All-powerful Support.I am a sinner - You alone are pure. ||1||Pause||

Fire and water join together, and the breath roars in its fury!
The tongue and the sex organs each seek to taste.
The eyes which look upon corruption do not know the Love and the Fear of God.Conquering self-conceit, one obtains the Name. ||2||

One who dies in the Word of the Shabad, shall never again have to die.Without such a death, how can one attain perfection?
The mind is engrossed in deception, treachery and duality.
Whatever the Immortal Lord does, comes to pass. ||3||

So get aboard that boat when your turn comes.
Those who fail to embark upon that boat shall be beaten in the Court of the Lord.
Blessed is that Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, where the Praises of the True Lord are sung.
O Nanak, the One Creator Lord is pervading hearth and home. ||4||7||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sabad 23

Gauree, First Mehl:
ang 154

[Notes: UNSPOKEN speech is said to be the story/sermon of the Lord.Since He is without limit and is fathomless all that we speak in His praise shall always fall short of the reality and hence we cannot do justice even in singing His praises and hence bani, praises, naam and all that cannot be described are, generally, accepted as unspoken speech. Those who practice naam are stated to be trying to recite the unspoken. It is as per my understanding. Further the shabad emphasizes that it is always better to have One as the anchor as we shall have to be afraid of only a single entity and not be afraid of anything else hence we become fearless by following this line of thinking and Taking Him as an anchor and be in His Fear .]

Those who speak the Unspoken, drink in the Nectar.
Other fears are forgotten, and they are absorbed into the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

Why should we fear, when fear is dispelled by the Fear of God?
Through the Shabad, the Word of the Perfect Guru, I recognize God. ||1||Pause||

Those whose hearts are filled with the Lord's essence,
are blessed and acclaimed, and intuitively absorbed into the Lord. ||2||

Those whom the Lord puts to sleep, evening and morning -
those self-willed manmukhs are bound and gagged by Death, here and hereafter. ||3||

Those whose hearts are filled with the Lord, day and night, are perfect.O Nanak, they merge into the Lord, and their doubts are cast away. ||4||11||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 24

Gauree, First Mehl:
[ Notes: Guru Sahibaan are telling the significance of fear of God in the life of a devotee. It is equivalent to the surrender of mind and body to the Lord. ]

Those who live a spiritual lifestyle - they alone are true.
What can the false know about the secrets of liberation? ||1||
Those who contemplate the Way are Yogis.They conquer the five thieves, and enshrine the True Lord in the heart. ||1||Pause||

Those who enshrine the True Lord deep within,
realize the value of the Way of Yoga. ||2||

The sun and the moon are one and the same for them, as are household and wilderness.The karma of their daily practice is to praise the Lord. ||3||

They beg for the alms of the one and only Shabad.They remain awake and aware in spiritual wisdom and meditation, and the true way of life. ||4||

They remain absorbed in the fear of God; they never leave it.Who can estimate their value? They remain lovingly absorbed in the Lord. ||5||

The Lord unites them with Himself, dispelling their doubts.
By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is obtained. ||6||

In the Guru's service is reflection upon the Shabad.
Subduing ego, practice pure actions. ||7||

Chanting, meditation, austere self-discipline and the reading of the Puraanas,says Nanak, are contained in surrender to the Unlimited Lord. ||8||6||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 25

Gauree, First Mehl:
ang 223

To practice forgiveness is the true fast, good conduct and contentment.Disease does not afflict me, nor does the pain of death.I am liberated, and absorbed into God, who has no form or feature. ||1||

What fear does the Yogi have?
The Lord is among the trees and the plants, within the household and outside as well. ||1||Pause||

The Yogis meditate on the Fearless, Immaculate Lord.
Night and day, they remain awake and aware, embracing love for the True Lord.Those Yogis are pleasing to my mind. ||2||
The trap of death is burnt by the Fire of God.Old age, death and pride are conquered.They swim across, and save their ancestors as well. ||3||

Those who serve the True Guru are the Yogis.Those who remain immersed in the Fear of God become fearless.They become just like the One they serve. ||4||

The Name makes a man pure and fearless.
It makes the masterless become the master of all. I am a sacrifice to him.Such a person is not reincarnated again; he sings the Glories of God. ||5||

Inwardly and outwardly, he knows the One Lord;
through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, he realizes himself.
He bears the Banner and Insignia of the True Shabad in the Lord's Court. ||6||

One who dies in the Shabad abides in his own home within.
He does not come or go in reincarnation, and his hopes are subdued.Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, his heart-lotus blossoms forth. ||7||
Whoever is seen, is driven by hope and despair,
by sexual desire, anger, corruption, hunger and thirst.
O Nanak, those detached recluses who meet the Lord are so very rare. ||8||7||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: