• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Does God Control Everything?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Thank you for your kind response. Your knowledge and philosophical interpretation of Gurmat are both intriguing and impressive. However, I find the above response somewhat convoluted and conflated. It will be beneficial for all those who are curious to learn and understand Gurmat if those who are well informed and knowledgeable about Gurbani share their wisdom in a bit simpler and intelligible language.

You state and I quote: “So purpose of life is illumination ie getting aware of education of our own spirit of life, before it merges in initiation”.

Here you have used the word “our own spirit”. Can you please help me understand who is this “Our” you are referring to. For example, if you are referring to a person who is standing in front of you then are you advising the physical form that is in front of you or something inside of him. What is this "entity" you are referring to and how does it come into being? It is like when someone says "you" should do sewa- who is this "you" that is being referred to. I hope you understand the direction I am going. If it is not clear, I would be happy to expand on it, please let me know.

You also state and I quote: “This is outer darkness, so if there is lack of inner awareness,”. Could you please help me understand what do you mean by “awareness” and how does it evolve and come into play?

It is unfortunate we see the proliferations of Deras and Babas in Punjab and many innocent Sikhs get drawn to them. Why? Because they ( Deras and Babas) use simple language to communicate Gurmat. Whether their Gurbani interpretations are correct or not is another matter, but they are very successful in connecting with Sikh masses. Perhaps there is a lesson for us all.

From philosophical threshold, let us please come down to the ground and focus on Gurbani in some simple manner. In Gurmat there are four key concepts, to start with, that we should help each other understand:

• Ek/ Akalpurkh/Saat.
  • Sabad
  • Naam
  • Hukum
Then there are references to Jyoti and Jot.

Ek is the Jyoti ( the Source of all); Jot emanates from Jyoti.

God does not do anything Himself; everything is done through Hukum and Naam -- Naam being the functional potency of God through which it creates and manages the creation.

ਜੋ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇ ਹੋਈ
Whatever is said to be, is from You, O God.

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਅਵਰੁ ਕੋਈ ॥੧॥
Creation and destruction do not come from anyone else. ||1|| (AGGS 905)

ਨਾਮ
ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਗਲੇ ਜੰਤ ॥. What is Connect with all forms of Energies Visible and Invisible that is REALISATION or IMAGINATION through WORD FORMS that brings connect to all universal energy forms
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਖੰਡ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡ
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ ॥.
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸੁਨਨ ਗਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਆਗਾਸ ਪਾਤਾਲ
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਆਕਾਰ
ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਸਭ ਭਵਨ
ਨਾਮ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਉਧਰੇ ਸੁਨਿ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ REALISATION or IMAGINATION through WORD FORMS brings connect and transformation while ears receive spiritual word forms ie GURUs SHABAD
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਆਪਨੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਾਏ
ਨਾਨਕ ਚਉਥੇ ਪਦ ਮਹਿ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਏ ॥੫॥ (AGGS 285)

ਨਾਨਕ ਚਉਥੇ ਪਦ ਮਹਿ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਏ ॥੫॥ Contemplate and Realise

State
1st State Listening Reading Speaking Writting ie Getting Information

2nd State Realising Word Form bringing to Imagination Getting Knowledge or Connect through realisation that is transformation

Third State Getting Essence of Spiritual WORD FORM ie understanding application

Fourth State

Applying and Transforming Real World
Coaching Training Guidance for transformation and welfare of beings on Earth in Human Form

P J Singh

SPNer
Oct 7, 2022
Sat Sri Akaal,

Focus of shabad

• Ek ONE ( ONENESS TRUTH / Everpresent root Energy Neither Born Nor Die )

• Akal Without Bondage of Time or Everlasting Without Origin or End

• purkh Doer Balancer In action Complete Wholesome

• /Saat. TRUTH

• Sabad WORD form in language

• Naam Realisation in Word Form / Aware / Able to imagine /
  • Hukum Order in normal language/ Universal Order in spiritual terms

OUR Energy is in spirit which bring thought biochemistry speech and physical action to all

Its not for person specific its universal phenomenon for all animate and inanimate.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
WJKK WJKF

You are so right: “OUR Energy is in spirit which bring thought biochemistry speech and physical action to all”. In your earlier response you mentioned God as the “Root Energy” so you are essentially saying that God is the creator (and therefore doer) of everything.

Fortunately, I think every Sikh has learnt this at the outset of AGGS in Mool Manter that God is the Creator and therefore the Doer ( Karta Purkh)

So I wonder, are you suggesting that this is all we need to learn about Gurmat and leave aside what Gurbani strives to teach us in the following 1429 pages?

There may be a “thought biochemistry” injected by the spirit as you suggest but why our thoughts turn out to be good or bad; why we think something is good or bad – is it all relative?

Do I have control on my physical actions that you are alluding to? And then who is this “I” (i.e. “Who am I”)? How do emotions develop, why some of us are elated, narcissist or display intellectual arrogance when others are intellectually humble. What is mind and consciousness? What is life and death; is there life after death? There are thousands of questions which are outside the purview of science, since you are using science terms. You talked about "positive, negative and neutral" - is there any supporting reference from Gurbani to attest the existence these forms of energies/entities?.

Many of us with scientific ideation use scientific jargon to explain spirituality/ Gurmat. This raises the following question:

Should science be used to validate or supplement our understanding of Gurbani?

Perhaps the answer to the question seems to depend on the degree of caution one chooses to exercise in this approach. Undoubtedly, it is going to add a science-induced prejudicial layer (Manmat) to our approach to understanding gurbani depending on the degree of caution one exercises.

If one uses scientific training/background to reflect and interpret gurubani then one may stay within the domain of "Bibak Vichar". On the other hand, if one chooses scientific arguments to seek validation of Gurmat, then we are treading a confounding path -- and it is very problematic.

Science and scientific thought are confined to the physical reality bounded by time and space; Gurmat extends far beyond this bounded reality. Science has neither the tools nor the capacity (as yet) to validate, comprehend or conceptualize what exists beyond the physical reality (of three Gunus) that Gurbani often alludes to. If our arguments to understand Gurbani are based on ensuring that there is a supplementary support from Science then we may be treading a wrong path.

When we say that we should rely on Science to supplement our interpretation of Gurbani the question arises which science are we alluding to -- the Science that existed 500 hundred years ago or the one that exists today or the one which may emerge in the future.

Science and scientific thoughts are constantly changing with new discoveries that often refute the earlier scientific thinking and findings. Gurmat is immutable (Atal) and its message universal. (Aad Saach, Jugad Saach, Habi Saach). How can a constantly changing instrument provide a reliable information about something that is fixed?

If we relied on scientific reasoning which existed even a few decades ago before the validation of proposed Higg's phenomenon by the Large Hadron Collider, some among us, with overly scientific ideation, would have been challenging certain aspects of the Jupu ji Sahib's message.

Gurmat radiates message of equality, peace, love, compassion, "live and let live", and so on. On the other hand, the destructive power of Science and its potential to annihilate humanity are well known. With such drastically different foresights and potential outcomes, how can one imagine that their internal and inherent pathways to final outcomes can meaningfully inform each other?

"Mind" is central to Gurbani. Many of us do not know what "Mind" is but those among us who are truly Gurmukh have experiential knowledge, understanding and its insight. Science does not have a clue; at least there is no consensus among scientists on this concept -- Mind, Brain and Consciousness is an outstanding problem for decades.

Gurmat is path of diligent and thoughtful inquiry - not a conglomeration of random thoughts.

WJKK WJKF

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

If. Every Sikh has learnt, than at least realisation of Ek O Ang Kaar the symbol of creator should have been realised with ONENESS without ambiguity, disillusion, duality or multiplicity.

ਗਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਤਾਣੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਿਸੈ ਤਾਣੁ॥
ਗਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਦਾਤਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ॥

Sikhs are not aware of there own symbol and are arguing and discussing, and following there own mind frame and framing sects and cults by dividing the community. Forgetting the ONENESS.

Some says Ik OM , Ik OAM,

OAM is stimulus from where the three states are available.

Root Energy is above fourth state. There is research and documentation of TRUTH.as a word form.

Sikh Spiritual leadership is divided and un realised of TRUTH, so there are discussions and debates, but may lead to betterment and conclusion to ONENESS.
May GOD bless.

Follow Gur Parsad in Mool Mantras to read any religious or Spiritual text. Gur ie Basic Governing Principle Parsad Blessing
So Gur Parsad is Blessing of Basic Governing Principle
1. It is inner research of Energy and Energy Motion so invisible source available to all forms.
2. As it cannot be seen can be realised, so explained in metaphors or reveals of relates to level of awareness of audience of that era.
3. It is ONE TRUTH and non dual
4. It is Universal not specific to religion region time space but everlasting.

So every message which Gurus have written has initiation with Mool Mantra as Basic Governing Principle to read text.
[8/24, 08:41] Ravneet Singh: One shall be aware that spirituality is inner research, not outer. Out of millions few are researches Say for 10 Million 500, out of which 300 are outer world researchers, 199 are inner world and rare of rare have researched on Energy as source of Human Creation and E motion. Ramayan, Geeta Bible Kuran Granth Sahib are five researchers spiritual books which have same ONENESS message, only one need to reflect inward.

Guru Granth Sahib being latest, has given a message of Gur Basic Governing Principle to read spiritual text, Parsad ie Blessing to spiritual seekers how to read spiritual text.
1. It's inner research not outer. Outer are relates to reveals as metaphors.
2. Its universal not have bounds of space and time.
3. It's ONE truth non dual everlasting and evergreen Hari and for all Har.

This is initiating lines for each Gurus Bani that subject you are going to read is relate to outer world, so follow basic governing principle to connect and bring inner awareness.

Still humans keep on projecting as an outer world. This is irony of prophets, mullas, kazis, pandits and bhaijis.

They only have subjective awareness and translation, and cannot connect with inner awareness and the rituals are stories made of surface awareness creating physical differentiation, without realising ONENESS of humanity. It's like ONE cell appearing during the mensuration cycle makes the whole body, but humans do understand heart, skin, lungs, eyes hairs etc but forgets initiation and manifestation is from ONE cell and its reproduction. It needs inner research to get the concept of ONENESS of humanity, else we are professing differentiation through false religious ways.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
I Find this to be the absolute beauty of God!
We have Karam (Karma)
What we does goes with us!

In Nitnem its states we have 2 sources of light watching over us and recording our deeds. Forgive me for referencing the exact Ragg in Nitnem!

The unique Quality of Waheguru!! Is they allow free will!! You are not binded in any way!! You can choose at any moment to do as you please!!

If you are a higher source being! You are guided and protected by your ancestors.
Also you have been sent here in this plain of frequency for a reason!

Some may have works to fulfill!!
Some are here to gain and learn!!

It really depends on your bloodline!
My self being from a deep Sikh Family i was told Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj blessed our Kan-Dan stating your next 10 generation will not do wrong!

I find Waheguru really has my Back!! All those things that others have done to harm me was actually intensly for my favour!

All those things that where the worst to imagine to ever happen or experience. While feeling So intense at the moment. Was actually to help and support me and to bring me closer to Waheguru!

I found tapping into the source of light within helps decipher!

Previously in my life I got to fulfill all wishes!! I could imagine to have! Waheguru gave me everything I desired in this world plus more!!

That was free will for me to enjoy! Now as I am 33 I have a specific mission, I have gotten in touch with my roots!

The same source of indulgence cannot happen!
As our mission is to further our selfs, not dwell in stagnation!

Waheguru is in control of everything. The good and evil is Waheguru's creation!

(Again from nitnem although I am a new "spner" I have yet to memorize the Raag)

Waheguru will provide a hukam!! It is up to you to obey! Although going against the will of Waheguru can have dear dire consequences! Still you have the choice!!

Thats how we build our Karam

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: