• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Differences Between Men And Women !

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WOMEN AND MEN

Women understand colour. They seem to know what to wear all the time. Men just think red is nice, pink is nice, so why not have them together?
Jeremy Vine

Women have the Oh dear, the toilet paper is on its last sheet; must replace it immediately gene. This is entirely absent in men who have the Oh s..t! Can you pass me a toilet roll, love? gene!
Jenni Murray

Men have no opinions about curtains.
Stuart Maconie

On being told that someone has bought a new car women usually ask what colour it is - men ask what sort is it.
Anna Ford

Women have the If you need to be told I am not going to tell you gene
David Bergin, Switzerland

Women know instinctively what is dangerous or not recommended for babies in their care. Men, generally speaking, do not.
Sian Lindsey, Netherlands

Men like to have all their stuff (DVDs, CDs, etc) on show to impress their mates. Women like to hide things in cupboards.
Mark Nelson, UK

Women have a built in calendar gene - we remember birthdays, anniversaries and appointments effortlessly.
Linsday, UK

Ask a woman in the street how to get somewhere and she will direct via shops. Ask a man and it will be via pubs.
Fred, UK

Women put things on the bottom stair to take up next time she has to go upstairs. Men just step over them until told to pick them up
Karen Kelsey, UK

Men appreciate the importance of a 42 inch plasma screen. Women do not.
Jonathan, UK

A multi-tasking gene is clearly only owned by women - men can never prepare dinner so that everything is ready at the same time.
Kelly , UK

Women can use sex to get what they want. Men cannot, as sex is what they want.
Eoin Dempsey, Ireland

Women pick up on subtleties and then think about them. Men need things explained IN CAPITAL LETTERS before the message gets through.
Morag, Edinburgh

Men speak in sentences. Women speak in paragraphs.
Steve Munoz, US

For men, 2am is time for sleep. For women, 2am is time for a discussion about where our relationship is going.
Luke, UK

When faced with flat-pack furniture, men never read the manual. Yet they spend hours reading manuals for cars or bikes they will never own.
Linda, UK

Men can store useless information. Like the top speed of a car they are never going to drive, let alone own.
Rob, UK

Men can balance an infinite amount of rubbish in the bin, without noticing it is full.
Yvonne Eccles, England

Women are missing the parking a car in between two straight white lines in an empty car park gene
Jane, UK

If you told a woman that you had just returned from a trip to the surface of the Moon, she would show her interest by asking who you had gone with.
Howard, UK

Men do not even bother to look for something, then ask where it is and hope that it was the woman who put it away
Kate , Isle of Man

When men want something they ask for it. When women want something they make a point distantly related to the subject and wait for a response.
David Lawson, England

Women have an ability to make men think they are in charge.
Sheila, UK

Men need a round of applause for emptying the dishwasher. Women think E on the petrol gauge means enough.
Peter Richmond, Canada

Men use I or me when they should use we or us. Women use we or us when they should use I or me.
Clair, England

Men have a gene which makes them blissfully unaware of impending emotional outbursts, but which sometimes backfires resulting in the registering of physical pain.
Gary, UK

Men have the capacity to sleep through most sounds, whether it is a baby crying, dog barking, or doorbell ringing.
Val Soanes

Women drive on the stretch of road they can see. Men move through the landscape by car.

Anne Taylor, UK

Women enjoy planning a wedding.
Tom Howes, UK

Men have an anorak gene, which triggers a lecture on thermo dynamics when asked a simple question requiring a yes or no answer
Deborah, England

Women eat very spicy curry if they like it. Men eat very spicy curry to prove they can.
Paul Angel, England

Men manage to sit in public places with their legs wide open without noticing how startlingly unattractive it is and how they get in the way.
Jane Penrose, UK

Women could never invent weapons that kill, only ones that make you feel really bad and guilty until you surrender
Dan, UK

Women are the only ones with the noticing gene - we notice when something is dirty/nearly empty/out of place and then we bring into play the doing something about it now gene!
Sarah Wilson, UK

Men can watch an entire film without having to ask who is that, what does he do?
Alistair, UK

Women know what to do when someone starts to cry. Men tend to shuffle out of the room mumbling something about doing the grouting.
Lucy, UK

Men will do something and not think about the risks involved then be sorry after. Women will think about the risks involved before hand.
Diane McKay, England

A man can choose and buy a pair of shoes in 90 seconds over the internet.
Paul, UK

Men have the ability to make a la, la, la, not listening face.
Laura Humphreys, England

Men have the shed gene, where being locked up in a small wooden structure in quiet contemplation with a collection of garden equipment counts as stimulating entertainment.

Lorraine, UK

Men can drive without having to look at themselves in the mirror.
Christian Paterson, France

Men have a gene which enables them to answer any question, no matter how complex or important, with Mmm.
Rachel, UK

Women make lists upon lists of things for men to do when they know very well we will never do them.
Brian Mac, US

Men can watch six different channels at the same time and know the name of none of the programmes they claim to be following
Niamh Brown, Singapore

Women can smell old trainers at 100ft, men have to hold them to their nose.

Sally, UK

Men start a sentence and...
Cliff Grover, UK

....women finish it for them
Jane Grover, UK

Men enjoy publicising their faults on BBC websites; women enjoy publicising men's faults on BBC websites.
Paul, UK

Women have the take things personally gene.

Emma, UK

Women keep carrier bags hidden away in a cupboard. They even keep carrier bags within carrier bags.!
Matt, UK

Men look at going down the gym as a physical activity, to women it is a social event.

Robert, UK

A woman would look at a sexy man and not be noticed. Men just stare.
Isabelle West, UK

Women think that a good place to keep the TV controller is on top of the TV.
Christopher, UK

Men have a gene that enables them to maintain a vice like grip on the remote control while reclining on the sofa studying the insides of their eyelids.
Jane, UK

Women can get by with 10 or 20 CDs. Men need 200 plus.
Damien Bove, Leeds

Women know that washing machines have programmes for every kind of fabric, colour and quantity and use them appropriately. Men will put a months supply of laundry through the 40 degree cycle (safest guess), regardless of any other detail.
Janine MacLean, UK

Women order rice and eat men's chips.
Liam, Wales

Women recall every outfit they have worn for the past two decades. Men cannot remember what they were wearing yesterday without looking on the floor next to the bed.
Tom, London, UK

If a man knows an acquaintance has given birth to a baby, he will remember the sex and name - if you are lucky. If a woman is told about a birth, she will remember names (first and middle), weight, time, how long the labour took and whether medical intervention was required.
Marcia, UK

Women have the ability to brain dump their entire day when they get home - men can only remember that it went OK
Bob Findlay, Ireland

Men cannot watch sports and talk to their wives at the same time.
Lisa, Canada

Click here > YouTube - Differences between Men and Women.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Well I can't help but laugh when I read the soooo true statements.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
tiny_pink_pencil.gif

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji and Jasleen Ji and all women,

Which of the statements do you particularly disagree with ?

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
All stereotyping - even funny stuff like this - is risky. jasleen ji, it also had me observing how badly i fit my own gender-stereotype. Aad ji: My own opinion on curtains is that blinds are easier to clean.

However, i feel the best bet it not to take it too much to heart; after all, it's not going to parliament! :)

So i'm going to ask directions for the social-event gym, where i'll be planning a wedding and comforting anyone who cries.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Who agrees and who disagrees with this :-

Men have the capacity to sleep through most sounds, whether it is a baby crying, dog barking, or doorbell ringing.
Val Soanes

would it automatically mean that women don't?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
(Source: http://www.mamashealth.com/women/medicine.asp)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women react to medications differently than men. For decades, the medical profession assumed that women were like 'small men'. We now know that women are not like small men. Women are very different from men, especially when it comes to Medicine. Some of the common ways men and women are different are listed below.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women metabolize prescription drugs differently[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Certain medications like Erythromycin and Imitrex can disrupt a women's heart rhythm and if used for a long term, cause heart problems. Some of the reasons why women metabolize prescription drugs differently are: hormone levels, amount of body fat, and slower digestive systems. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hormone levels[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can reduce or boost the amount of medicine circulating in the blood system. This can either increase or decrease the dosage needed.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women have more body fat than men[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Drugs that collect in fatty tissue aren't metabolized as quickly so less drugs are needed.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women's digestive systems are slower than men[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Slow digestive systems can cause medicines like painkillers to slowly pass through the digestive tract. This causes more medicine to be absorbed and less medicine is needed. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pain is more acute[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Scientific evidence suggests that women feel pain more intensely, more often and throughout more of their body than men.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lung cancer[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and smoking are deadlier[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Women who smoke are one and a half times more likely than male smokers to develop lung cancer.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depression rates are higher[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Women are twice as likely as men to suffer from clinical depression.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women have more trouble sleeping[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Women suffer from insomnia and feel tired during the day more often than men.[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women are at an increased risk of developing potentially fatal irregular heartbeats[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (also called arrhythmias) in response to taking certain medications than men. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Women have the If you need to be told I am not going to tell you gene
David Bergin, Switzerland

Can someone explain this to me ?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I have faced it many times but still don't understand. What's the logic to it?

Is it a kinda control factor ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM