• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Differences Between Men And Women !

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Surinder Ji, I know you're enjoying this drama. But ask me, what's happening inside of me. And I will tell you.
You like love stories, don't you ?

oh Veer Ji, please, dont take my words too seriously, i was just joking........

see things are totally opposite for some (like Jasleen Ji said).....

we all love you brother and will pray for you......... You may find true love soon.........

Here is a common story in my house in the evening(for laughs)......

me- ok dinner is ready let us eat.....

my huband- coming, i will be there soon....

after 10 minutes

me --- everything is going to get cold....

my husband--- i am coming(ayaa na hunay......)

after i waited for 10/15 other minutes and started putting away some stuff ....

MISTER CHEEMA WILL SHOW UP......

ajj roti mil jao(will we get food today).........

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Why Do Some Women Play Hard To Get?

All the world's a dating game and all the men and women merely players. Men are taught to play hard to get in order to seem more attractive to women, while women, usually on the receiving end of the "pickup," are conditioned to be a challenge, like a porcupine whose quills stand up on end when on the defensive.

Dating is a game and if it wasn't, it wouldn't be as much fun. If you've successfully dated every woman you approached, you might have one hell of an ego but in the grand scheme of things, you wouldn't have any fun. As aggravating as it is to pace around your living room, wondering whether she's interested in you or not, the challenge of it all makes dating more exciting.

So why is this woman never accepting a date or returning your calls? Well, she already knows but it's up to you to find out.

the pickup

Exhibit A
She's at the same old bar with the same old friends, in her little miniskirt and halter-top. You see her from a distance and she's constantly looking your way. You approach her with your sinister glare and killer smile, and you even use the approach that has never failed you before. But for some reason, this fish ain't biting.

Verdict
Granted, she goes out dressed to kill with her guns pointing right in your direction, but that doesn't mean she wants you to approach her. She wants men to look her way and she would be upset if they didn't. But when men do gawk and approach, she doesn't want to be made to feel like a piece of meat. She's therefore going to be standoffish, unless you don't treat her like a mission of yours.

the call

Exhibit B
You've beaten the odds and gotten her number, but that's only half the battle; you haven't called and asked her out yet. You dial her digits and lo and behold, you get her answering machine. "Hi Sandy, it's Mark. I met you on Saturday night at Alley Kats. Just wanted to say hi and see how you're doing. You can reach me at 555-5959. Speak to you soon, Mark."

Two days pass and she still hasn't called you back. You call her again and happen to catch her answering the phone. She apologizes for not having called you earlier but she was busy, busy, busy.

Verdict
Why didn't she call you when she had the chance? The same reason you would play hard to get with her. She's playing her cards right, and doesn't want to look too available. She wants to be pursued and wants you to think she's calm and collected, even though her heart may skip a beat when the phone rings.

Remember that appeal and interest usually increase relative to the challenge involved. If she were available whenever you wanted, called you all the time, and slept with you after one night, you would lose interest quicker because the hunt is over. You have her in your back pocket, along with the home, work, cell, and fax numbers that she gave you. But if she keeps you guessing and doesn't tell you what she's doing Friday night after she declines your date, you're left intrigued.

the invitation

Exhibit C
It's Wednesday night and you want to call her so that you can secure reservations at a trendy Moroccan restaurant, and impress her with your good taste in cuisine and atmosphere. She says she's busy on Friday night, and when you ask her about Saturday, she replies that she's taking her aunt to the airport. Is she busy for lunch? One day she has to take her cat to the vet and the other day she has to take her mother shopping.

Frustrated and fresh out of ideas (you were close to suggesting driving her and her cat to the vet but decided against it), you tell her to call you when she's ready to do something (or at least consider it). She has your number -- you gave it to her 3 times, area code and all -- but still no call.

Verdict
If a woman has your number and has declined two of your invitations without mentioning the possibility of a future date, she's not playing hard to get; she's playing hard to never get. If she were interested, she would call you at some point or at least apologize for being so busy and give you a future possibility, like mentioning that next week is much better for her and that the two of you can go out then. If she's busy all the time and makes no attempt to keep the window of possibility open, it's clear she doesn't want to waste either of your time. Move on, game over.

the date

Exhibit D
On the other hand, if she does accept your invitation for a date and the two of you secure the time and place, then you're still in the game, buddy. You take her to the Moroccan place you had in mind and everything is going great -- the conversation, chemistry and couscous -- you may just stand a chance with her. At the end of the night, you take her hand and lean over to kiss her once you arrive at the romantic waterfall down the street. She pulls away shyly and walks the other way towards the car.

Verdict
Why the sudden disinterest? She may not trust you right away. She has either been hurt in the past, or her friends have been hurt, or she has heard her male friends boasting about how they succeeded to ditch a woman after having sex with her. Her distrust and intuition cause her to play hard to get with you. She doesn't want to get sucked into whatever game you may or may not be playing and she's protecting herself from getting hurt.

Men don't give women enough credit, and don't realize that even if a woman has had only the best of romantic experiences, she has a natural instinct, a sixth sense if you will, that you can't mess with.

So if she's proving to be more of a challenge than you anticipated, then she may just be testing the waters with you.

the relationship

Exhibit E
Everything with you and the woman of your dreams is going great but she's still holding her guard with you. You want to go away for a weekend, but she's still hesitant about those plans.

Verdict
Although men are less likely to commit to a relationship, when they do fall for a woman in particular, they are usually surer about it than their female counterparts. Men aren't as likely to ask hypothetical questions such as "what if I meet someone at work?" and "what if she's not Ms. Right?" Women, on the other hand, ask themselves too many questions in order to figure out whether you're the man they have been looking for their whole life.

how do you plea?

Playing hard to get is part of the dating game, not to mention the part that makes it fun. And you shouldn't let her do all the playing -- when you're pursuing a woman, play the part of the challenge too. While she declines invitations and doesn't return your calls, you should make it clear that you're busy and have your own life as well. Once you show her that your life revolves around her (at least too early on), she will never want to be part of that world.

Both parties are armed with their rules and methods of playing the game, in the hopes of winning the ultimate prize. Once you know why women play hard to get, whether it's in order to be pursued, be cautious, or because they're simply not interested, at least you'll have the upper hand in the game and you'll know if and when to move on to the next player.

(AskMen.com - Play hard to get)

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Top 3 Ways to Lose a Guy/Gal in 10 Days by John Gray

In the words of the Paul Simon song, there are 50 ways to leave your lover and probably more than 50 ways to lose your lover. We took a MarsVenus.com survey on “How to Lose a Guy/Gal in 10 Days” and came up with the top ways to turn a partner or potential partner off. Here are the top three results:
1. Get Caught in a Lie, Guy
The number one turn-off was dishonesty. Not being able to trust one’s partner was a deal breaker for 50% of those who responded to the survey. “Trust is the foundation to a relationship!” said one respondent. Of course honesty is an important issue, but many people may not realize that those “little white lies” count as well. Especially in the early stages of a relationship, fudging the facts can lead a potential partner to seriously doubt whether or not they can trust you. It may not seem like a big deal to shave a few years off your age, overstate your income or paint a more (or less) colorful picture of your experiences, but, eventually the truth will come out. When it does, it will leave the person whom you lied to wondering just how trustworthy you are.

2. Don’t Give it a Rest, Tess
Over 1/3 of respondents cited coming on too strong, being possessive, neediness or controlling/demanding behavior as being a turn-off. In the words of one survey-taker, “Coming on too strong too soon is an immediate potential relationship killer. I’m running for the door if in your last relationship the woman moved in with you after only two months and of course… she was the one… until you met me.” Another said, “There is such a thing as giving too much. I once dated a man who continually thanked me for giving him the opportunity to meet me, brought me flowers, kept telling me how beautiful I was…. all in the first date. I felt I was on such a high pedestal; it would be impossible NOT to fall off.”
Many women don’t realize that it’s important to let a man do most of the pursuing and that periodically a Martian needs to take a break from intimacy. It’s as if he has eaten a large Thanksgiving dinner and is now full and snoozing in front of the football game on TV. He doesn’t need intimacy any more than he needs another piece of pumpkin pie. At MarsVenus.com, we refer to this process of being close and then needing space as “rubber banding.” When a man is in this phase, it is important for a Venusian to allow him his space.
Surprisingly, women also have issues when their partner comes on too strong. It might seem like a man who constantly calls, is always asking how they feel and wants to spend every minute of the day with them would be a dream come true. In actuality, for most Venusians this would be a nightmare. Venusians need to feel that their partner adores them and can fulfill their needs, but too much time and attention can cause a woman to feel that her partner is too needy. Venusians have emotional intimacy cycles similar to the Martians’ need to rubber band. This cycle for women is called “the wave” and when the wave crashes, a Venusian has no emotional resources to expend on anyone. A partner who seems too needy is not going to be able to support her during this cycle and she will not be able to handle his neediness.
3. Just be Mean, Dean
Coming in third, 1/3 of responses specified that disrespectful and insensitive behavior would possibly end a relationship. “To me this is the worst of all — When he does not take my feelings as seriously as he expects me to take his,” commented one survey taker. Another said, “Forgetting things that are important to you –when he says “I don’t care…” when I’m talking about something I am interested in.” Martians and Venusians have different but similar primary needs. For Martians, acceptance, appreciation and encouragement are necessary while Venusians require understanding, respect and validation. Disrespectful and insensitive behavior violates these basic needs.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Wow! Gurvinder Ji, Wow !!!

It's an honour for me to hear words of wisdom from an enlightened soul like you. Mein tarrr gia, logoo. You are my guide. Jaam Guru Hoey, Lakh BaheN kia Keejai.

I have no words to express my gratitude towards you for giving me your precious attention.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
:wah::wah::wah:

Jun 2, 2007
India
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Respected Brother Santokh Singh ji

U have expressed all my words which are befitting u. I m a very simple person.

I m grateful to u for ur reply.

Please forgive me.

Gurvinder Kaur

Jul 10, 2006
Instead of creating a new thread, I am going to pose my question here.

What exactly is "lori" in Sikhi and other cultures/religion and how should it be celebrated by a GurSikh if they wish to?

All I know in brief is its to do with the birth of a baby boy in a family and i think only in a 'punjabi family'.

So there goes 'man imposed' difference between a male and female from childbirth.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Instead of creating a new thread, I am going to pose my question here.

What exactly is "lori" in Sikhi and other cultures/religion and how should it be celebrated by a GurSikh if they wish to?

All I know in brief is its to do with the birth of a baby boy in a family and i think only in a 'punjabi family'.

So there goes 'man imposed' difference between a male and female from childbirth.

Kaur-1 ji

As far as my knowledge is concerned lohri has nothing to do with sikhi.It is mainly a festival of worshipping fire god agni dev.Yes punjabi families do celebrate it with great zeal when male child is born.

Lohri,Lohri 2008,Lohri Festival of India
Celebrate Lohri 2008 on January 13th, Sunday
Lohri, is celebrated every year on 13th of January. It is a festival to worship fire. Lohri Festival is celebrated with great pomp in North India. At this time Earth starts moving towards the sun marking the auspicious period of Uttarayan. First Lohri is very important for the newly wed and the new born babies as it marks fertility. At night, people gather around the bonfire and throw til, puffed rice & popcorns into the flames of the bonfire. Prayers are offered to the bonfire seeking abundance & prosperity. People make merry by dancing & singing traditional folk songs.

Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti

I thought men just didn't admit it. :wink:

In most of the statements of the original post, my husband and I were opposite. For a lot of them we were on the same side as we are both super sensitive and sentimental. The only area that we are pretty typical in is that if he asks me what I'm thinking or feeling I will tell him whereas it's like pulling teeth to get that information out of him.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: