• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Devastating Effects Of Drugs In Amritsar,Sad

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
Prerna Suri reports on the devastating effects of drugs in one of India's most holy cities, Amritsar.
The city, home to the Golden Temple, a major site for the Sikh religion, highlights both the dangers of drug abuse and the drug trade. Its proximity to Pakistan and Afghanistan have created a city where seventy percent of young people are addicted to heroin.

YouTube- Amritsar's youth and drug addiction

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan

SABD GURU ON MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES

ABSTRACT

Drug abuse is a disease that affects many people in the world. This includes, Punjab as well the rest of ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> or where ever one lives today. It not only affects the individuals, but also their families, friends, co-workers, and eventually strangers. Its symptoms, effects, and spiritual remedy are discussed here with references from AGGS. Lack ofspirituality is the core issue underlying any addiction. Guru Nanak compares the present Dark Age to the intoxication of wine;
ਕਲਿਕਲਵਾਲੀਮਾਇਆ ਮਦੁ ਮੀਠਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਤਵਾਲਾ ਪੀਵਤੁ ਰਹੈ
Kal Kalvaalee Maya Mud Meetha Man Matwaalaa Peevat Rahai.
The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the bottle of wine; Maya is the sweet wine, and the intoxicated mind continues to drink it. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 350-7
ਪਾਨ ਸੁਪਾਰੀ ਖਾਤੀਆ ਮੁਖਿ ਬੀੜੀਆ ਲਾਈਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਚੇਤਿਓ ਜਮਿ ਪਕੜਿ ਚਲਾਈਆ
Pān supārī kāī▫ā mukī▫ā lā▫ī▫ā. Har har kae na cei▫o jam paka calā▫ī▫ā.

Those who eat betel nuts and betel leaf thus applying its color on lips (indicating luxurious and voluptuous way of life), and never contemplate on the Eternal Akal Purkh - the Messenger of Death will march them in bondage.
-----Guru Ramdas, Raag Tilang, AGGS, Page, 726-4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cordially,
Virinder

Please find the full article at this link

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general/28869-re-devastating-effects-drugs-amritsar-sad.html

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2007
:happysingh:....Hmmmm.....Bad...Very bad....well who is to blame...Parents,I suppose...Well,first of all i think this problem has nothing to do with sikhi part....Sikhi is another difficult path n such weak people cannot walk that path n so giving them sikhi,gursikhi lessons would be a useless attempt....Amritsarias r very weak people.I know them from time of Sant jarnail Singh Bhindrawale.Sant ji used to give speech n thousands of amritsarias used to gather to listen to his speech but when it came to fight back corrupt Indian army,only 250 people came forward...Clearly amritsar is a place of weak men n women who like to wear good,eat good n just hold mala n gutka in their hand n pretend to be sants...Well sant cannot stay alone.Soldier aspect is important n that's why sikh religion was declared by Guru Gobind Singh Ji after Akal purak's hukum n not by Guru Nanak Ji.becoz only when sikhs were ready for both being soldiers n saints aspects together,khalsa was ready...But today,most sikhs eat good but nothing later.They sit,relax,enjoy,watch movies n all foolish things....Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj never gave a holiday to sikhs ,i.e his Khalsa army.Even when hindus were enjoying holi festival,guru didn't let his sikhs to participate in that fun environment.reason..Guru never wanted his sikhs to eat n relax....guru always put his men on strong training n on ocassion of holi Guru Ji declared holla malla n ordered his men to present their best skills on that day..So no rest for khalsa men/army...but today's sikhs have lost all exercises n training n simply sit n love to have funny fun things...result...his body becomes weak day by day n so his mind...Such weak minds r like sheeps n can be easily dragged away by funny things like drugs,smoking n all foolish elements of the society.........i think the only solution to this problem is to open lot of training n sikhi camps in punjab n around n make regular routine of gatka training n all kinds of exercises n games for them.....All will be set right in within 6 months...i can bet that.....:happy:......Adding lot of exercises,games,sports,gatka training n fighting skills alone is the answer to this problem..Once they turn good in exercises,they should be turned to gurbani too....So both aspects of soldiers n saints can be developed in them n they will become excellent responsible citizens of sikh nation.........:happy:....:happy:......:happy:...:happy:...Also giving the platform for excellent education,job prospects n bright future ahead can change all...NRIs can contribute a lot in this matter.they should join hands n form large groups n work in this direction also rather than just paying bills,credit cards bills,phone bills n other funny expenses of foriegn countries.Joining hands make a lot of difference rather than working individually.....Gursikhs have always played a great role in reforms n now again it is their turn to step forward n work in this direction to wipe out this problem completely n not simply sitting on forums n answering this or that....Discussion is good but action is very very very very good.....Just know this...thanks for reading...WKK WKF......:happy:

Adi Nanaki

SPNer
Apr 17, 2008
New Mexico
The smack problem is purposefully fueled by Pakistan to weaken Punjab, it's border and entryway into India, which otherwise looms as a vast enemy. All those Sikhs who are falling for it are the beloved pawns of the Pakistanis. Their and Punjab's only way out is to wake up and choose new life in Guru Gobind Singh Singh's Amrit Parchar, or all of Punjab will be lost. Don't you see, they are already winning?

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009
The smack problem is purposefully fueled by Pakistan to weaken Punjab

Wrong! Almost all the drug smuggling is being done under patronage of govt officials. That includes elected legislators and high ranking police and BSF officials. There are some very prominent names that are known by everybody (majority belonging to congress), but no one can do anything. The drug mafia is part of govt establishment.

Adi Nanaki

SPNer
Apr 17, 2008
New Mexico
Yes, Pakistan's smack has seduced Punjabi's government officials and clergy by paying them off. This spiritual poison has subdued the youth and the establishment and prevents what were once strong, courageous, hardworking people from taking righteous action.

May 30, 2007
Of course both pakistan n mainly Indian brahamins dominated govt is responsible for pushing lot of drugs into punjab to wear out sikh youth n keep punjab always backward n sikh youth lost n confused......i agree with roab1 and Adi nanaki in this regard...Amrit sanchar lahar once started by Sant Jarnail Singh Bindrawale Ji should again be started on a massive scale n make sikhs accept both saintism n soldier aspects of Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj....Alone Guru's bani can help them come out of this mess...Amrit Sanchar lahar is needed greatly......:happy:....:happy:....:happy:....:happy:.....Guru ke guon kah kah gavan......becoz Guru n his Pure sweet bani alone is the ultimate solution to all problems...:happysingh:.

Adi Nanaki

SPNer
Apr 17, 2008
New Mexico
We Sikh's had to fall deeply asleep and dream before nightmares could wake us up. It is happening all over the world, dear ones, not only Amritsar.
The greatest wake-up calls are Guru Gobind Singh's words, Apay Guru Chela!
welcome.gif
and Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,Waheguru ji ki Fateh!
happy.gif

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear All,<?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<o:p> </o:p>
The basic problem of addiction is a defiance of God instead of reliance on It. Because of addiction, one strays away from God’s Will. Hence major symptoms of the problem are a lack of faith, hope, trust, and love of God. The only successful treatment is to tread on the road of spiritual growth. Unfortunately it can not be instilled in an individual but has to be developed by the individual him/her self.

The progress in spirituality only occurs when the individual involved admits and surrenders himself to the “Akal Purkh” and supplicates for Its grace. This should be followed by the intense loving attitude of gratitude with prayer, meditation, and singing Its praises. By surrendering wholly and willingly to the highest power will leave no room in the hearts for any darkness, anger or evil. Spiritual growth helps us maintain social order and keep harmony. When our thoughts, mind and heart are focused in this new way of life according to the guidance incorporated in AGGS, we shall find higher ideals arising within us spontaneously. The lower instincts will touch us no more. The spiritual program opens one up so that one’s Higher Power can flow into oneself. It is fruitful to consider the logic behind this concept of transformation.
Cordially,
Virinder

Last edited by a moderator:

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
SPN jis
I've never been a Heroine Addict - but I do have to take Dolopine (aka: Methadone, which is used in the US as a substitute for Heroine) for Chronic Pain; and, according to some (recovered) Heroine Addicts that I know, it's much. much harder to quit Dolopine than it is Heroine itself.
They told me this because I took advantage my (adopted) home state of Oregon is one of the 15 or so that've defied the Federal (Washington, DC) Governments 1937 Marijuana Tax Stamp Act; which not only removed Hemp Fiber from rope, paper, and clothing (Nylon had just been invented), but also removed over 6000 Good Medicines from the Pharmacy Shelves; by passing Marijuana-IS-a Medicine Legislation via their State-Level Law Making processess, and used Medical Marjuana (Bhang) to replace the Dolopine as my Primary Chronic Pain Medication.
You see, Medical Marijuana not only treats certain types of Pain (Neuropathic - or, 'Nerve Pain', like what MS causes) BETTER than any Opiate - it also made quiting the Dolopine much, much easier.

Apologies JimRinX ji, but I thought it wise to remove the directions. We have to be careful that we are within the guidelines of laws, especially nowadays with the Patriot Act, which seems to apply to everything. This is just a light advisory. Narayanjot Kaur

So says Me and my former Junkie Neighbors.
I hope this will help somebody.
They won't be sleeping while getting clean - so just keep pouring in the tea/flush for at least two days; then, if available, take a strong sleeping pill, get a nights sleep, and start the flushing again when they awake.
It toook me about six days of this to get off the Dolopine.
Never felt better in my life, after that!:yes:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM