• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News 'Campaign Through Facebook For Obama's Visit To Golden Temple'

Sep 20, 2004
Upset over reports that US President Barack Obama may skip Golden Temple during his India visit, a Sikh group asked the community members to campaign through Twitter and Facebook accounts of the White House for his visit to Sikhism's holiest.

More...

hpannu

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
I got multiple emails for this request yesterday and almost was signing the petition then i stopped. Made me think if a person doesn't want to go a GURDUARA SAHIB then why should we force or apply pressure to do so. Punjabi di ik kahawat he - TAKRE DE SARE RISHTEDAAR HUNDE HAN, meaning if a person is in power then there are a lot of people who are related to him. GARIB de rishtedaar vi saath chadd dinde han.

When i was about to support this an inner voice stopped me !

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
Harjot Singh

sunmukh

(Previously Himmat Singh)
SPNer
Feb 19, 2010
UK
Ek OnKaar Sat Naam

There is no need to be concerned over anybody not visiting a particular gurdwara, however special it is in the hearts of Sikhs. A gurdwara is not like the Kaaba in Mecca that one has to make a pligrimage to, by those of Muslim faith, or the places of pilgrimage of Hindus. Furthermore the US president is not even a Sikh.
Nothing at all is lost, and if one is mourning over a lost photo opportunity then one should reread SGGS ji. If he wishes to visit a Gurdwara, then there are many in the US, and each is equal to Harmandir Sahib in terms of a gate to the Guru. The doors will always be open to those willing to enter humbly.

Sat Sri Akal

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM