• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

BHOOTS (Ghosts) And PRETS (Demons) In GURBANI ? Must We THROW WATER AT HARDWAAR ?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
singh4u83 said:
If science says ghosts exist, then what is the point of throwing water at Hardwar? A question you keep dodging?
randip singh ji,

"Also it is not a question of modifying Sikhism, but a question of levels of understanding. Your level of understanding of Sikhism seems to be very basic....wheras the Professors and Gyani's seems to be more advanced and at a far higher level."

Ghosts here exist as declared by Gurbani and science- no doubt-
what about my questions that have been dodged? unanswered >>>>>????????
my level is from approved books, authors
let's - what is point of throwing water at hardwar? that is a ritual ......
and science proving ghosts exist is a fact- already approved by Sikhism.
I am not going to follow unapproved Sikh authours -regardless of their high level- because there is someone who with high level -and wants people to bow down to his version
and it caused big problems........
Long live Gurbani

Again I come back to the question. If science says gosts exist, then it is a scientific phenomenen. Science can deal with and explain ghosts through science, So what it the point of throwing water at Hardwar?

It is no longer a phenomenen of the occult.

singh4u83

SPNer
Jul 26, 2006
suriname
i again reapeat myself - throwing water at hardwar is a ritual
There are so many rituals ........that every faith does.......

Gurbani has declared the existence of ghosts, spirits and science has declared it much later. Gurbani is above science. I have answered your question........
Now long live true Gurbani- i am accpeting the approved authorised version
NO one else.........

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: BHOOTS (Ghosts) and PRETS (Demons) in GURBANI ?? Must we THROW WATER AT HARDWAAR

Gurbani is in the FIRST PERSON....meant to be taken in the First Person....most of us take it to be in the THIRD PERSON....that is why literal/word for word meanings and the Antereem bhaav..deeper meaning/intention of Guru ji in Gurbani..seem to "clash" wehn in reality they complement each other.
In the FIRST PERSON..Gurbani is for OUR PERSONAL ACTION.... we must follow it practically in our OWN LIFE..and that means gettign RID of..lobh, moh, hankaar, ANIMAL INSTINCTS..GHOST/PRET DEMON INSTINCTS...etc etc etc....Gurbani is NOT in the THIRD PERSON..to be "seen" from a distance as mere advice..scenery..description for "OTHERS"... GURBANI is FOR NOW...this LIFETIME..How to LIVE this LIFE....not for the "future".."next life"..."hereafter"..blah blah blah..."next joon"...blah blah blah... ITS FOR THE PRESENT> NOW> PERIOD.
Why do bhoots have such a terrifying and widespread effect on people all over.... WHY are there places like Dera Wadbhag Singh to drive out bhoots from LIVING PEOPLE ?? Why dont wee have DERAS that drive out..dogs (lobh)...Elephants (kaam)... donkeys (mugadhta)....crows...and various ANIMAL INSTINCTS that are inside us....why dont we have deras to drive out Hankaar...jealousy.....murderous instincts...instincts to grab others rights (Haak Praya)...???.....
The TRUTH is that the "RELIGIOUS FRAUDS" have grabbed hold of "bhoots/prets" to PREY on the weakminded and gullible minded...and use this as a means to an end..PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES...thats is why so many such places exist....a simple bukhaar..fever...can be turned into an opportunity to PROFIT...by saying its BHOOT/PRET Chhaiya....Religious Charlatans....make MONEY....by making people miserable...frightened people are easier to LOOT.
Why does India have so many SNAKE FESTIVALS ?? the GUGGA festival is an opportunity to celebrate the Snake.... After BHOOTS and Demons..the next Top SCARER for humans is the SNAKE....99.9% of humans RECOIL at the mere mention of SNAKE !!!..Ands YES the SNAKE OIL MERCHANTS have their stake in this too....if one cnat make enough money out of driving out bhoots..next best thing....become a snake oil merchant....a Nagin catcher..a snake catcher..a mystic who can trap a Naagin cum woman snake !!

1. Kabir Ji..... Jis ghar saadh na seveah...Har ke seev nahin... In the Hosue where the SAADH (waheguru/god/Creator" is NOT worshipped....His Name is not taken....
THERE LIVE BHOOTS/PRETS !!! Te ghat marhat sarkheh.. BHOOT baseh tin mahen..
Those "houses" are really CREMATORIUMS..GRAVEYARDS..CEMETRIES..with the LIVING DEAD being present..... SO are these "bhoots/prets" that Kabir ji is talking about..the "supernatural bhoots/demons"..OR the LIVING DEAD....who have BAD HABITS..are kaami, krodhi....grabbers of others rights..murderes, jealous humans....etc etc.etc who have NO RELIGIOUS LEANINGS...etc etc..?:happy: Slok bhagat kabir Ji Page 1374
Spoilt Brats types of "sub-human"... humans are the living dead...the bhoots..the demons in human bodies...the types who will not think twice about stabbing a child to death ( for the gold chain around his neck)....or who will smash an old granny's head in with a hammer for the $ 5 in her purse......such peoples houses may be spick and span..clean as the lobby of a 5 Star hotel....BUT in reality these are as dirty as the SLUMS of Bombay/Calcutta:happy:
One can "see" such BHOOT/DEMON PARDHAANS skattars in our GURDWARAS...because these "bhoots" FIGHT over GOLUCKS.... they knock off dastaars in front of SGGS... they draw Swords and slash each other in the August presence of SGGS. Would any SANE "SIKH" dare do such in front of His GURU..one that he calls the LIVING GURU ?? Such Gurdwaras are what Kabir Ji describes in his slok I quoted above... Such "gurdwaras"
are in actuality crematoriums..cemetries..of "GURMATT"....and are packed with BHOOTS/PRETS and DEMONS !!:happy:
Further proof from Gurbani...
Har Bhagat bhaav heenagh Nanak..Prabh bisrteh teh Pretteh....
Those humans who have abandoned the CREATOR..are DEMONS (in human body) !!!:D
"Jat sat sanjam seel na rakhiah...Pret Pinjar meh kasht bhaiyah...
Due to living in Sin....full of vikaars/bad habits etc....your wooden heart beats in this human body...
To be entirely FAIR..and looking at most Shabads....from a First perosn perpesctive....Gurbani doesnt make a Cut and Dried decison either way....BUT the EMPHASIS is surely on..LOOK INWARD..dear MAN....arent YOU in the situation described ?? Arent YOU the "Living demon"....a slave to your inner DEMONS....Look in the INNER MIRROR..does your image SCARE the living daylights out of YOU ?? Gurbani wants YOU to look inward and make AMENDS...not waste valuable time wondering...wondering....whether bhoots exist..dont exist....:D
Supporters of bhoots always quote Sukhmani Sahib..Kaee kot Bhoot pret sookar mirgach...BUT then Sukhmani Sahib also says..
KARTOOT PASSU KEE MANAS JAAT..lok pachara kareh din raat !!! You have a HUman BODY..but your actions are ANIMALISTIC...you "PRETEND" your entire life !!!( Live a Double Life....one for PUBLIC consumption..another one for "real".....
WHAT IMAGE will such a HUMAN see in his inner mirror ?? Surely he will see a "DOG"...BULL...Elephant...Donkey...Jackal..Monkey...staring back at him....
(Still wonder why they have the "Elephant" God..the "Monkey" God... the Wolf God..the Dog god..the Cat God....the BUll God...the totally scary blood drenched black goddesses riding tigers..... all these are the INNER REFLECTIONS of US humans....take your pick of the "personal God" that closely resembles YOU !!):D:inca:Ancient Civilisations from the Incas..the Babylonians..the Pharohs of Egypt...ALL had "Animal Gods"....

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Re: BHOOTS (Ghosts) and PRETS (Demons) in GURBANI ?? Must we THROW WATER AT HARDWAAR

Giani Ji
I happened to meet one Guruji in New Delhi. You carry your blank papers with you and he asks you to dip the paper in water and then he chant a manater and request you to any question. In a minute you will see see the answer printed on six seven papers and answers are so correct that it is almost e-xray of your life. When I enquired how is it possible he replied it is sidhi. How it happens and is any spirit behind?
Best regards

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

It is a trick. There are inks that only show color and writing when they are wet. You write something on a paper using this ink. Then wet the paper and you can see the writing. I remember doing this when I was a little girl, but cannot remember how we made the ink.

Great fun though:happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Please check the new emoticons! We have snake-charmers there too
:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait

The paper remains in my possession and I give no chance to him to write, still in a second whole six seven pages shows printing.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Well that is very different from what I though and intriguing -- a real mystery. He made writing appear but had no contact with the paper?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gurbani declares..RIDH SIDH AVRAA SAADH....

These "powers" CAN be acquired....the Ridhs and Sidhs SHOWED these powers to GURU NANAK JI SAHIB...( read Sidh Ghost)...............BUT...the real question is...
Do we come to Earth in Human Form...to acquire these powers....OR..seek Ultimate REUNION with the Creator.
Gurbani says.....Our Main and ONLY AIM is REUNION with the CREATOR. ALL else is Avraa Saadh...side "entertainment"....
Naam Japp is such a "power House"...even the novice begins to get "charged" after a short period ......so its no wonder that "Gurmukhs" who Begin to LIVE NAAM JAPP have these powers..............BUT then those who begin to use these powers to their "advantage"....show off....use for monetary benefit..etc are no better than the "Ordinary saver who saves for the rainy day...BUT then begins to withdraw large sums to burn on...new cars..new flashy clothes etc to impress others....ONE FINE DAY HE WILL WAKE UP AND SEE HIS BANK ACCOUNT "EMPTY" !!! Living the Naam Japp is like Banking IN....and showing off these powers is like "withdrawing"..The CHOICE IS OURS.
Naam Japp is the "MONEY"... THAT WE WILL TAKE WITH US WHEN OUR TIME IS UP....of course anyone is perfectly within his rights to spend it here....like this "Guru Ji"....that JapjiSahib04 met....:welcome:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Gurbani declares..RIDH SIDH AVRAA SAADH....

These "powers" CAN be acquired....the Ridhs and Sidhs SHOWED these powers to GURU NANAK JI SAHIB...( read Sidh Ghost)...............BUT...the real question is...
Do we come to Earth in Human Form...to acquire these powers....OR..seek Ultimate REUNION with the Creator.
Gurbani says.....Our Main and ONLY AIM is REUNION with the CREATOR. ALL else is Avraa Saadh...side "entertainment"....

Gyani ji

Your words of course are the core of the message. That doesn't mean that the story of invisible ink is not interesting as a mystery. But these mental phenomena -- and maybe not mental but plain old slight of hand magic tent phenomena -- are not where our focus needs to be if we want the Thing That Lasts. It is not dependent on stock market fluctuations. It is not dependent on luck of the moment.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

so what emotion/s are they meant to convey ?//
stirring up a hornet's nest ??
????/ so far i havent thought of any....

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

so what emotion/s are they meant to convey ?//
stirring up a hornet's nest ??
????/ so far i havent thought of any....

You get an A+ because that is what they are doing. See the grins and the red faces? They make me laugh.

tejpalsingh

SPNer
Nov 30, 2012
Guru Pyare Khalsa Jio Fateh Parvaan Karni

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Giani ji I agree with you there is no Bhoot & Pret.. You have explained this wonderfully through Gurbani Stanza's.... My question is if there is no Bhoot and Pret then why Guruji has mentioned and compared Bhoot and Pret with Material as mentioned in the point 1. Material, compared with Time mentioned in the Point 2, compared with Body and etc..

That's 100% correct
BHOOTS is one without Gunn, Gurbani Knowledge like me..
PRET is one who has forgotten Name of GOD like me...

But there might be something that called Bhoot and Pret and the creator Guruji knows them how they look like, what they do, that's why Guruji explaining us by mentioning and comparing Bhoot and Pret with we Manmikhs, Family, time, MAYA, kaam, krodh, hankaar and other things.

If there is anything like bhoot and pret then why Guruji has mentioned in the Gurbani.
What exactly bhoot and pret is?
Why can't we see them?
How they look like?
What they do?

Khalsa Ji Mein Gurabni na Tarak Nahi Kar Rehaan Haan.. Mere Mann Vich eh Savaal Aaye se te mein aap sab naal saanjhi karana chaunda si...

Pull Chuk Di Khimaa

Mein GIANHEEN MANMUKH Haan... Je Koiee Jalti Hoe Hove Taan Aapna Chota Veer Samaj ke Maaf Karna..

Waheguru Ji Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
If ghosts were real...
How come the ghosts of all those martyred in the holocaust take on Hitler???

Ghosts and spirits are just a phony way to disgrace the dead....few people realise this..
If you can't respect living people, at least respect the dead..
Grow up people, its 2012 AD(not BC)..
:mundaviolin:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Just look at..the Universe...earlier people ( soem not all ) suspected that we are not the only planet..etc etc..NOW we KNOW and Gurbani also tells us...BUT we are having a LIMITED LIFESPAN on this Planet...100 Years or less...and we have to use that to live a LIFE that pleases the Creator...of what use is..constant worrying..nagging on and on about..life on other planets.whats out there..is there ??

GURBANI is FOR THIS LIFE ON THIS PLANET CALLED EARTH. ITS IN OUR OWN LANGUAGE meant for HUMANS ONLY.

When a child tells the Dentist that the "tooth Fairy" took his tooth..the dentist smiles..and acknowledges..and then informs the child how to brush floss etc so that the Tooth fairy wont be bale to di much harm...its NOT a statement of Fact and the dentist doenst beleive in the Tooth fairy..BUt just becasue he doesnt DENY it, says no such thing bakh blah..it doesnt mean the TF exists and does steal baby teeth......we ALL KNOW !!!
AT Guru jis time..the people believed in all those..BHARAM VEHAMS..and STILL DO TODAY...GURU JI "acknowledges" this belief..and GIVES THE ALTERNATIVE !! The SOLUTION applicable to THIS HUMAN LIFE....thats all to it. DONT READ EXTRA or between the lINES of Gurbani..Gurbani is NOT like that..its Plain and SIMPLE..no double speak..no double meanings etc..its FOR HUMANS. BY HUMANS..of HUMANS...to achieve UNION with GOD.

The Makeen Video TITLE is self explanatory...GAPPANN means Tall tales..and Maskeen ji being HUMAN is not above being HUMAN...There are HUNDREDS of such GAPPAAN VIDEOS..by Gyani Thakur Singh ( whose first title was Studnet damdami taksaal..and after that changed to Patiala Walleh..etc but he hold the Gappa Champion Titlle...he watches U-Tube vidoes..and Trandslates them into his "lectures" and gives a Gurbani twist...) and there is hari singh randhawa..Another gappoorr champion..who says ALL the Sikh Shaeeds are LIVING in the Mountains of Himalayas..they Hang their Kacherras on trees..they eat heavenly karrah parshaad..and are waiting to LIBERATE KHALISTAN..(He saw them..so its FACT)....watch his videos too...So there is NO SHORTAGE OF SUCH VIDEOS..you could possible spend about 10 YEARS watching them ALL....be my guest.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM