• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Being Naamdhari Is Sikhi

sachchasoda

SPNer
Mar 19, 2007
Re: Being Naam-dhari is Sikhi

Khalsa Ji why are you promoting Hindi. i have impression this is what hindustanee sarkaar want from us. so are you with them or against.

HIDUTVA- also promote HINDI-ALL HINDI ,NO GURMUKHI

isthis same site that Makkar Ji use, look like that

to preserve our purity i believe we must preserve and use our own Bhasha-GURMUKHI

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007

So you believe in nothing? Hindutva fanatics are praying for Kalki the destroyer. Muslim fanatics are praying for the coming of the Mahdi. And I have a feeling in the middle, the whole world is going to have a great upheaval of suffering. But you're right. It's really just opinion. To some it matters, and to some it does not. I wouldn't worry too much about preserving a culture. This is an era of mass extinctions.

If I may ask, why do you bother then? I counter with the simple thought that the culture and language are more important than the religion, although people can think what they like or not at all for that matter. The history, culture and language are the roots of the tree of sikhism. You take that punjabi essence out and sikhism is distilled hinduism. That is the way I look at it, very simple. Burn away the issues of appearance and rituals, sikhs and hindus arrive at a very similar point in terms of their spirituality. The issue we discuss is not a matter of belief, it is a matter of trying to understand what is the base. The reason there is so much problems today with Sikhism, in all its aspects, is the loss and erosion of the base. I define that base as constituting not only religion, but history, language and pride. I also am critical of those who overly stress the religious, because while that has been historically important, it has been but a significant fraction of the overall picture of Sikh history and ethos. Without the pride of who one is (which is very evident today in the majority), then how can you sustain, on a larger scale, the cohesion and even desire among the people to carry it forward? But then again, if we are that weak as a community, then perhaps it is only inevitable and logical that we will fail.

Feb 14, 2006

The history, culture and language are the roots of the tree of sikhism.

Lol. Veer ji, do you really believe this? The roots of the tree of Sikhism are out of this world. :)

You take that punjabi essence out and sikhism is distilled hinduism.

Sikhism is about serving the eternal, timeless Lord. It has nothing to do with Punjabiat. What were you before you were born a Punjabi? When you take off the Punjabi clothes of this body, what will you be then? Punjabiat gained honor and dignity from Sikhi. Punjabiat didn't make Sikhi. Sikhi is not Hinduism. It's a whole new religion which radically transforms Islam and Hinduism and Christianity and every other religion. If the spiritual truths were the same, why would Gurbani correct their errors?

ihMdU mUly BUly AKutI jWhI ] (556-9, ibhwgVw, mÚ 1)
hindoo moolay bhoolay akhutee jaaNhee.

nwrid kihAw is pUj krWhI ] AMDy guMgy AMD AMDwru ] (556-9, ibhwgVw, mÚ 1)
naarad kahi-aa se pooj karaaNhee. anDhay gungay anDh anDhaar.

pwQru ly pUjih mugD gvwr ] (556-10, ibhwgVw, mÚ 1)
paathar lay poojeh mugaDh gavaar.

Eih jw Awip fuby qum khw qrxhwru ]2] (556-10, ibhwgVw, mÚ 1)
ohi jaa aap dubay tum kahaa taranhaar. ||2||
-----------------------------------------------------
The Hindus have forgotten the Primal Lord; they are going the wrong way.
As Naarad instructed them, they are worshipping idols. They are blind and mute, the blindest of the blind.
The ignorant fools pick up stones and worship them.
But when those stones themselves sink, who will carry you across? ||2||

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 31, 2007

Sat Sri Akal ,
If Guru Ram Das Ji had meant Guru's Bani to be the Guru by saying this " Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani ", then my dear fellows, we would not have Sri Adi Granth Sahib Ji today with us BECAUSE whenever anything is spoken by a Satguru , it is deemed to take effect from that moment onwards. In this way, there would have been no fifth Guru or onwards and we would have got no Granth Sahib with us and we would not have been Singhs

It's actual meaning is that the Bani spoken by Guru is the supreme of every Bani i.e. every other Bani is Kachhi in comparison to Guru Ji's Bani.

Regards,

Curious Singh.

Nov 29, 2006

Such kya veere
such kya
Sat Sri Akal ,
If Guru Ram Das Ji had meant Guru's Bani to be the Guru by saying this " Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani ", then my dear fellows, we would not have Sri Adi Granth Sahib Ji today with us BECAUSE whenever anything is spoken by a Satguru , it is deemed to take effect from that moment onwards. In this way, there would have been no fifth Guru or onwards and we would have got no Granth Sahib with us and we would not have been Singhs

It's actual meaning is that the Bani spoken by Guru is the supreme of every Bani i.e. every other Bani is Kachhi in comparison to Guru Ji's Bani.

Regards,

Curious Singh.

Nov 29, 2006

Gurufateh paaji

What u want to say
i didnt understand

please elaborate

Gurufateh
Regarding 'Agya Bhai Akal Ki' , please be informed that this verse has been written by Bhai Prehlad Singh which starts with these lines when converted to Punjabi that " This verse has been written on the orders of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, in this year Samvat 1752 , in Abchal Nagar i.e. Nanded of today which further states that all Sikhs should accept Sri Adi Granth Sahib as their Guru in times to come and in the end, it has been written that I, Prehlad Singh has written this verse"

Now, will you kindly tell us one thing when the "Agya Bhai Akal Ki" Verse has been clearly told to be written when the year was Samvat 1752 i.e. 1695 A.D. , when the Sikhs of today were nowhere on horizon since the Sikhs were made Singhs only on 13 April, 1699 A.D. , then how come Guru Gobind Singh Ji can give future Guru Ship to Sri Adi Granth Sahib Ji.

For counter-confirmation of the same , you may read the granth " Mahaan Kosh " written by a famous Sikh Historian " Bhai Kahan Singh Ji Nabha " .

Regards,

Curious Singh ( London )

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Sat Sri Akal ,

Regards,

Curious Singh.

curious singh ji could you please tell us if gurgaddi was not given to guru granth sahib then to whom it is given because no sensible person will accept
the story of namdhar's that guru gobind singh ji vanished and then reappeared in the form of baba ajaypal singh.

Apr 20, 2006

Curious Singhji, you have got Prahladh Singh's Dohira slightly wrong in translation.

I quote exactly, unedited and untranslated from the entry under 'Prahladh Singh' in Bhai Kahn Singhji Nabha's Mahan Kosh:

PRAHLADH SINGH. Rahitnamae dha kartha ik Singh.
Is dhe Rahitnamae dha arambh is Dohirae tho hundha hei-

"Abchalnagar bethei Guru man mehi keea bichar,
bolia poora Satguru moorath Sri Karthar"

Ar Rahitnama banan dha saal dasia hei-

"Samath Sathrahi sae bhei barakh bavanja nihaar,
Maagh Vadhi thith panchmi veervaar subh vaar"

Is nae eh khial nahi keetha ki Samath 1752 vich Guru Sahib abichalnagar nahi padharae ar na uss velae Khalsae dhee rachana see.
Isae Rahitnamae dhae ih vak han:-

"Akaalpurakh kae Hukam thae pargat chalaoe Panth,
Sabh Sikhen ko hukam hei Guru manyo Granth.
Guru Khalsa manio pargat Guru kee dheh".

Apr 20, 2006

Be it known that
"Agia Bhei Akaal ki thabhi chalaio Panth,
Sabh Sikhen ko hukam hei Guru manio Granth...."
is the slightly changed version of the same dohira that Prahladh Singh wrote. Over the years it has evolved to the version sang in most non-Namdhari Gurdhwaras.

However, I have heard that it is no longer sang at Harimandhir Sahib.

We do not find this philosophy anywhere in Guruji's own writings. Surely if He was going to intill Guruship to the Holy scriptures He would have mentioned such a dramatic revolution somewhere!
As for instilling the Gurugadhi in the 5 Pyarae; this bit really confuses me!
Was it the 5 Pyarae, or the whole 'Guru' Khalsa Panth?
I
always thought that according to Gurbani in Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Guru Granth Sahib the Guru is 'Poora'.
He alone is Samrath - capable on His own.

But according to this new philosophy, the Guru is no longer Human, sorry cancel that, because the 5 Pyarae ARE HUMAN, so is the rest of the 'Guru Khalsa Panth'.
Somebody got real confused when concotting this philosophy. Sounds rather British, doesn't it.
Hold on, it's non of the above - the 'Shabad' is Guru.

Everything, but the real Guru.

The definition which can only be given to a living Human Being as written in the Vedas for THOUSANDS of years; which Sri Satguru Nanak Devji propogated has suddenly become one big LIE?

Why can't Sikhs see that what is written in the Gurbani and how the ORIGINAL Gurgaddhi was STARTED is the TRUTH!

Everything else is just a fabrication by ordinary men.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

Be it known that
"Agia Bhei Akaal ki thabhi chalaio Panth,
Sabh Sikhen ko hukam hei Guru manio Granth...."
is the slightly changed version of the same dohira that Prahladh Singh wrote. Over the years it has evolved to the version sang in most non-Namdhari Gurdhwaras.

However, I have heard that it is no longer sang at Harimandhir Sahib.

We do not find this philosophy anywhere in Guruji's own writings. Surely if He was going to intill Guruship to the Holy scriptures He would have mentioned such a dramatic revolution somewhere!
As for instilling the Gurugadhi in the 5 Pyarae; this bit really confuses me!
Was it the 5 Pyarae, or the whole 'Guru' Khalsa Panth?
I
always thought that according to Gurbani in Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Guru Granth Sahib the Guru is 'Poora'.
He alone is Samrath - capable on His own.

But according to this new philosophy, the Guru is no longer Human, sorry cancel that, because the 5 Pyarae ARE HUMAN, so is the rest of the 'Guru Khalsa Panth'.
Somebody got real confused when concotting this philosophy. Sounds rather British, doesn't it.
Hold on, it's non of the above - the 'Shabad' is Guru.

Everything, but the real Guru.

The definition which can only be given to a living Human Being as written in the Vedas for THOUSANDS of years; which Sri Satguru Nanak Devji propogated has suddenly become one big LIE?

Why can't Sikhs see that what is written in the Gurbani and how the ORIGINAL Gurgaddhi was STARTED is the TRUTH!

Everything else is just a fabrication by ordinary men.

Respected Sikh NaamDhar Ji,

i respect your choice- you can belive in waht you want to.

Now as you don't respect our choice- can you please answer-

QUESTIONS FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE THE SIKHS TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR BELIEF IN 'DHAN “DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI” BEING THEIR LIVING GURU' IS SUBJECT TO BE CORRECTED.

A True Guru is a Guru because His Soul is Merged with The Higher Self.
For us(SIKHS) ALL OUR GURUS ARE TRUE GURUS. :)
For us(SIKHS) All our Eleven Gurus are LIVING. :)
For us(SIKHS) TRUTH never dies. It is not bound to time and space. ALL GURU SAHIBAAN AND ETERNAL LIVING JOTE IN THE FORM OF DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI
are everywhere, all the time, Adole, Apaar……:)
Baani Prabh Ki Sabh ko Bolay, Aap Adole Na Kabhu Doley………

IF ME NEECH IS WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME.:roll:

Now we all know this Truth that human body is limited to time and space so has to expire one day. So is Guru Ji’s. There is no Guru living in a physical body forever. CAN YOUR GURU'S PHYSICAL BODY LIVE FOREVER??????

And I hope we all agree on this point that Atma never dies. DO WE??????

So for us(SIKHS), all our Gurus are here; now; have not gone anywhere. ARE THEY GONE ANYWHERE????

For all those who have been beating the drum Living Guru, Living Guru; In a Human Body, In a Human Body; The Only Way, The Only Way-
Will your Guru be of NO USE TO YOU AFTER HE/SHE LEAVES HIS/HER HUMAN ABODE??????

Are his/her words(truth) those are coming out of his/her mouth now, will be useless after he/she leaves the physical body???????

forgive me please

Apr 20, 2006

Surinder Kaurji, Bhenji :)

I have responded to you in your thread regarding your comment on respect.

My Guru is also your Guru and your Guru is definately my Guru, so can we stop creating divisions? Our only disagreement is where that Guru resides. It should be in our 'Mann'. But I think all of us are guilty of pushing Him out of there. If we kept Him there we wouldn't be here, debating in this fashion!

As for beating the drum! One has to when one discovers something that others can't see. So can you forgive Neech dass for singing the praises of his Guru? Trust me it's not an attack! How do you equate that with 'attack?' :confused:
You keep saying there can be no living Guru. Then why do we keep repeating the names of the 10? Why don't we just talk about 'Shabad'? Surely then, the 10 should have no significance whatsoever!

To say that the message has been delivered and there is no more need for a proactive Guru seems to be an ironical statement to make, considering the path Sikhi seems to be taking outside the realms of a Human Master in any shape or form.

I can confidently say that those within the sphere of Satguru Jagjit Singhji no Sikh who professes to be His cannot even move without His command.
Those who stray, I have seen Him bring them back with love and Grace.
His Maryadha is exactly what His Jyot as Satguru Gobind Singhji gave. All He is doing is tending His flock.

Shudh Gurbani recitation, correct understanding of Gurbani in it's Sanatan Form, Naam Simeran, Amrit Maryadha (via 5 Pyarae), Gurbani Kirtan in Raag Maryadha as preserved from the times of Satguru Nanak Devji.
Huge, complex compositions by Satguru Arjun Devji that were disappearing from Sikhi have been preserved in pristine form by the Satguru's House.

History, Historical artifacts of the Sikhs that forces opposed to us tried to destroy during the Empire are still preserved amongst Namdhari Sikhs.

You have so much to learn. Drop your prejudices, people. Namdahri Sikhs are defenders of Sikhi. Our ancestors died and langushed in their thousands in British prisons fighting for YOUR liberties. There are forces who have supressed this history. They are the true enemies of Sikhi. Not the Namdhari Sikhs.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

Surinder Kaurji, Bhenji :)

I have responded to you in your thread regarding your comment on respect.

My Guru is also your Guru and your Guru is definately my Guru, so can we stop creating divisions? Our only disagreement is where that Guru resides. It should be in our 'Mann'. But I think all of us are guilty of pushing Him out of there. If we kept Him there we wouldn't be here, debating in this fashion!

As for beating the drum! One has to when one discovers something that others can't see. So can you forgive Neech dass for singing the praises of his Guru? Trust me it's not an attack! How do you equate that with 'attack?' :confused:
You keep saying there can be no living Guru. Then why do we keep repeating the names of the 10? Why don't we just talk about 'Shabad'? Surely then, the 10 should have no significance whatsoever!

To say that the message has been delivered and there is no more need for a proactive Guru seems to be an ironical statement to make, considering the path Sikhi seems to be taking outside the realms of a Human Master in any shape or form.

I can confidently say that those within the sphere of Satguru Jagjit Singhji no Sikh who professes to be His cannot even move without His command.
Those who stray, I have seen Him bring them back with love and Grace.
His Maryadha is exactly what His Jyot as Satguru Gobind Singhji gave. All He is doing is tending His flock.

Shudh Gurbani recitation, correct understanding of Gurbani in it's Sanatan Form, Naam Simeran, Amrit Maryadha (via 5 Pyarae), Gurbani Kirtan in Raag Maryadha as preserved from the times of Satguru Nanak Devji.
Huge, complex compositions by Satguru Arjun Devji that were disappearing from Sikhi have been preserved in pristine form by the Satguru's House.

History, Historical artifacts of the Sikhs that forces opposed to us tried to destroy during the Empire are still preserved amongst Namdhari Sikhs.

You have so much to learn. Drop your prejudices, people. Namdahri Sikhs are defenders of Sikhi. Our ancestors died and langushed in their thousands in British prisons fighting for YOUR liberties. There are forces who have supressed this history. They are the true enemies of Sikhi. Not the Namdhari Sikhs.

Respected Sikh Naam DhariJi,

this is exactly waht i said to you under 'Questions for....'-

you are condemning their faith who are questioning you about yours. This way you cannot convince others that you are better.

By condemning the concept of Shabad Guru you cannot win the hearts of it's believers.

thankyou
and forgive me please

Jan 6, 2007
UK

Sikh Namdhari,

His Maryadha is exactly what His Jyot as Satguru Gobind Singhji gave.

There is no "Jyot" association of Shri Jagjit Singh Namdhari with Guru Gobind Singh ji or the lineage of Guru Nanak Dev ji other than the use of Bani from Guru Granth Sahib ji. Please do not attempt to rewrite history in order to justify the diversion. Shri Jagjit Singh has his own Maryadha. If you feel comfortable in his guidance then good luck to you. One day when you (with due respect to Shri Jagjit Singh ji) rise above the gutter level you may come to see the reality.

can confidently say that those within the sphere of Satguru Jagjit Singhji no Sikh who professes to be His cannot even move without His command.

Please do not try to educate us. We are fully aware of what happens in the sphere of Shri Jagjit Singh. Lets us just leave that under the covers.

Let me tell you a storey:

Once a King was out strolling in his Charriot. The wheel broke and he sought help from a farmer who did not know whom he was helping. The King introduced himself and told him to came and see him if he ever wanted something. The king ordered his sevants to allow this man directly to him whenever he came to see him.

A day came when the farmer became desperate due to his Ox have died suddenly. He remembered the Kings offer and went to his palace. The servants recognised him and lead him straight to the King who was praying at the time. As the King finished his prayer he joyousily asked the farmer how he could help.

The farmer asked the King to explain to him first what he was doing. The Kings explained to the farmer that he was asking God to give him bounty so that he could help others.

Upon hearing this the farmer back tracked towards the door. The King ran after him and asked him for his behaviour. The farmer said If you can pray for bounty from him and get it then you are of no use to me as I myself can do the same. I do not need a Middleman.

So Sikh Namdhari, The ocean of Knowledge lies in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Why rely on a third party when you can take a dip into it by yourself and for yourself.

Let's see if you understand the message if you do not have it in you then You have Shri Jagjit Singh Namdhari at your service. The typical Indian way - Let someone else do the Hard work and you enjoy the fruits of his Labour.

By the way "SahilMakker" has special openings if you are in a hurry to see God. He may be the solution to all Namdhari Problems. You will all be saved from abuse or derogatory comments.

Happy to be of Service.:)

Apr 20, 2006

Please do not try to educate us. We are fully aware of what happens in the sphere of Shri Jagjit Singh. Lets us just leave that under the covers.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM