• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Amrit Vela - Why We Must Put It Into Practice To Hear The Inner Shabad And For Inner Cleansing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Such a beautiful short and concise shabad that highlights the importance of regular Amrit Vela. With Guru Ji's Blessings, myself and many other lost and wandering souls that i know personally have been gently guided by Guru Ji back onto the correct path and nothing has helped more in cleansing our minds than doing regular Amrit Vela.

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 5.56.23 PM.png

I hope this Shabad and Many other shabads will inspire others to do it regularly...
once your mind single pointedly attaches to the shabad you utter...i pray Guru Ji blesses you all with the sight and sound of the inner shabad which vibrates within us all, and True lasting cleansing can take place.

God Bless all.

please feel free to post other shabads portraying the importance of this most amazing part of the day which sets us up perfectly to live better and purer and helpful lives throughout the rest of the day.

Please do not post if you want proof of this, or disagree with Amrit Vela. this is not a thread for discussion of whether something is True or Not...it is to inspire those that are thinking of putting it into practice and immersing themselves in the shabad.

Waheguru is True...Ask to See it for yourselves...focus on doing this...do your ardaas to Waheguru, and Let him take you on this wonderful journey of which i have only just skimmed the surface of..

taste, and then inspire others to taste also...

this Shabad is by Bhatt Mathuraa in Svaiyay Mehl 5 on Pannaa 1404

niramal naam sudhhaa parapooran sabadh thara(n)g pragattith dhin aagar ||

The Immaculate, Sacred Pool of the Guru is overflowing with the waves of the Shabad, radiantly revealed in the early hours before the dawn.

gehir ga(n)bheer athhaah ath badd subhar sadhaa sabh bidhh rathanaagar ||

He is Deep and Profound, Unfathomable and utterly Great, eternally overflowing with all sorts of jewels.

sa(n)th maraal karehi ka(n)thoohal thin jam thraas mittiou dhukh kaagar ||

The Saint-swans celebrate; their fear of death is erased, along with the accounts of their pain.

kalajug dhurath dhoor karabae ko dharasan guroo sagal sukh saagar ||4||

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the sins are taken away; the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan is the Ocean of all peace and comfort. ||4||

Last edited by a moderator:

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Such a beautiful short and concise shabad that highlights the importance of regular Amrit Vela. With Guru Ji's Blessings, myself and many other lost and wandering souls that i know personally have been gently guided by Guru Ji back onto the correct path and nothing has helped more in cleansing our minds than doing regular Amrit Vela.

I hope this Shabad and Many other shabads will inspire others to do it regularly...
once your mind single pointedly attaches to the shabad you utter...i pray Guru Ji blesses you all with the sight and sound of the inner shabad which vibrates within us all, and True lasting cleansing can take place.

God Bless all.

please feel free to post other shabads portraying the importance of this most amazing part of the day which sets us up perfectly to live better and purer and helpful lives throughout the rest of the day.

Please do not post if you want proof of this, or disagree with Amrit Vela. this is not a thread for discussion of whether something is True or Not...it is to inspire those that are thinking of putting it into practice and immersing themselves in the shabad.

Waheguru is True...Ask to See it for yourselves...focus on doing this...do your ardaas to Waheguru, and Let him take you on this wonderful journey of which i have only just skimmed the surface of..

taste, and then inspire others to taste also...

this Shabad is by Bhatt Mathuraa in Svaiyay Mehl 5 on Pannaa 1404

niramal naam sudhhaa parapooran sabadh thara(n)g pragattith dhin aagar ||

The Immaculate, Sacred Pool of the Guru is overflowing with the waves of the Shabad, radiantly revealed in the early hours before the dawn.

gehir ga(n)bheer athhaah ath badd subhar sadhaa sabh bidhh rathanaagar ||

He is Deep and Profound, Unfathomable and utterly Great, eternally overflowing with all sorts of jewels.

sa(n)th maraal karehi ka(n)thoohal thin jam thraas mittiou dhukh kaagar ||

The Saint-swans celebrate; their fear of death is erased, along with the accounts of their pain.

kalajug dhurath dhoor karabae ko dharasan guroo sagal sukh saagar ||4||

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the sins are taken away; the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan is the Ocean of all peace and comfort. ||4||

Dearest Chaz

If I'm allowed an opinion, can all participators be welcomed, please ? When have you known Gur Ghar to say no to anyone and draft restrictive covenants to effect sanction? Life is too short for phen ji phen ji my brother. Let us enjoy together - please read it in "comfort".

Baba Farid was presented certain gifts by well wishers, one of the gift was a pair of scissors. He remarked thus, " I will not take the scissors, instead, bring me a needle for I'm here to unite and not divide".

The gift you have is for sharing, inspiring and embracing. Like me, many others love you for your gentle and caring devotion to Sikhi.

Amrit Vela deserves an extensive discussion, in my view !

Critical thinking of others prepares us for better whilst clear thinking of ours helps us to penetrate deeper into the practice of nam simran. Once the thought, from wave to crest to stillness is marshalled home, our soul experiences a higher reality through its faculty of direct perception. The wandering mind now anchored, we perceive things and remain unaffected by them. We learn to let go off the extra baggage and begin to feel lighter, like a feather dropping in mid-air from a racing pigeon. This process leads us to unperturbed receptivity of a heightened consciousness and allows the "inner" being to reveal itself.

In my opinion, reasons reserved, explicit details of inner experiences should not be furnished because here is a process to realise Nanak's sargun nirgun on a 121. The mind with its virgin veil ought to "experience" and not "know" what lies ahead. Gur Ghar has called it jeevat marya bhav jal tariya.

More another time -

Goodnight n Godbless

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I agree ji, explicit details of inner experiences should not be discussed as each journey is unique.

There have been many threads in the past about Amrit Vela which you can see just by scrolling down. which get thread bombed by "i don't believe this is real' "i don't think amrit vela is certain time of the day' etc etc...and not much good comes out of it apart from posters going back n forth.

i merely wanted people to share shabads that inspire us to do amrit vela...that create a sense of longing within us which gets the truth seeker to put this into practice. I don't feel a forum always has to be about dualistic opinons...yes or no...believe or don;t believe etc....sometimes it is good to bring up a topic that like minded people can share beautiful shabad about something they are putting into practice..

all others can join if they so please if inspired to do so..

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
This Shabad is by Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji in Salok Fareed Jee on Pannaa 1383

fareedhaa pishhal raath n jaagiouhi jeevadharro mueiouhi ||

Fareed, if you do not awaken in the early hours before dawn, you are dead while yet alive.

jae thai rab visaariaa th rab n visariouhi ||107||

Although you have forgotten God, God has not forgotten you. ||107||

for so many years i drank excessive amounts of alcohol...tried drugs...slept through the night, woke up...did the same again...overeating....over thinking...thoughts and actions based on lust, greed, desire, attachment, anger and Ego...i was dead whilst alive...

This amazing part of the day allowed me to reflect upon my life...reflect upon God and not be disturbed by the world around me which i was a slave to...Amrit Vela allowed me to start changing my life completely.

God Didn't Forget me even though i had forgotten Him...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
There have been many threads in the past about Amrit Vela which you can see just by scrolling down. which get thread bombed by "i don't believe this is real' "i don't think amrit vela is certain time of the day' etc etc...and not much good comes out of it apart from posters going back n forth.

This will be my only contribution to this post, however, I would like to say that I agree, unless there is a thread specifically questioning such. I am also happy, and I am sure Ishnaji is also happy to enforce such.

i merely wanted people to share shabads that inspire us to do amrit vela...that create a sense of longing within us which gets the truth seeker to put this into practice. I don't feel a forum always has to be about dualistic opinons...yes or no...believe or don;t believe etc....sometimes it is good to bring up a topic that like minded people can share beautiful shabad about something they are putting into practice..

A forum by definition should have lots of opinions, and through these opinions somewhere lies the truth. I do not pretend to know the truth, I do not even know if the truth is individual, or universal, or even affected by time. It is important that no opinion is given as absolute, this, in my opinion is what invites questioning.
The whole, 'this is the way, you should try it' is what tends to motivate my own input, merely to balance, but if we can all get in the habit of respect for others beliefs, that can only be a good thing. It is not my way, or your way, it is a question of learning what you can, even if it is understanding something you do not agree with.

There has been enough debate on these matters to educate us all the sum total of zero in respect of what we have learned, although in the process we have learned much about the posters, which is not really the point of this forum.

There is a time and place for everything, such posts, if presented honestly and with no agenda, in my opinion, are a valuable forum asset, as are the posters.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Fareed, if you do not awaken in the early hours before dawn, you are dead while yet alive.

for so many years i drank excessive amounts of alcohol...tried drugs...slept through the night, woke up...did the same again...overeating....over thinking...thoughts and actions based on lust, greed, desire, attachment, anger and Ego...i was dead whilst alive...

This amazing part of the day allowed me to reflect upon my life...reflect upon God and not be disturbed by the world around me which i was a slave to...Amrit Vela allowed me to start changing my life completely.

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Both your shabads that you have copied and pasted here are incomplete. Just copying and pasting what you feel about these verses may be a transitory feel good for you which is wonderful and I am happy for you.

Having said that, let's interact on the whole shabads with our own understandings so we can all cultivate the long lasting good feelings in order to make our Sikhi path blissful.

Posting just portions of the Shabads rather than the complete ones is like cooking chappati only on one side. :)

Thanks for this great thread.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Both your shabads that you have copied and pasted here are incomplete. Just copying and pasting what you feel about these verses may be a transitory feel good for you which is wonderful and I am happy for you.

Having said that, let's interact on the whole shabads with our own understandings so we can all cultivate the long lasting good feelings in order to make our Sikhi path blissful.

Posting just portions of the Shabads rather than the complete ones is like cooking chappati only on one side. :)

Thanks for this great thread.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

It has to be said that it is the terms of service of this forum that Shabads are quoted in entirety with full reference, this is to avoid Shabads being taken out of context, and to be honest, a few lines can justify a point that the Shabad is actually making in the opposite. Since SPNAdminji died last year, the enforcement of this has been lax, so let us have a compromise here, I will start a thread explaining the format that Bani should be presented, and from that point we will try and see if that can be encouraged. The format will be as per the terms of service.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
It has to be said that it is the terms of service of this forum that Shabads are quoted in entirety with full reference, this is to avoid Shabads being taken out of context, and to be honest, a few lines can justify a point that the Shabad is actually making in the opposite. Since SPNAdminji died last year, the enforcement of this has been lax, so let us have a compromise here, I will start a thread explaining the format that Bani should be presented, and from that point we will try and see if that can be encouraged. The format will be as per the terms of service.

They were taken in their entirety from sikhi to the max...some shabads are short..others are very long :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I really don;t know how clear and concise a shabad can be...how clear Guru Ji can be on this subject.

I hope everyone reading this shabad can be inspired to do Amrit Vela and start receiving His Gifts...

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ
सलोक मः २ ॥
Salok mėhlā 2.
Shalok, Second Mehl:
ਅਠੀ ਪਹਰੀ ਅਠ ਖੰਡ ਨਾਵਾ ਖੰਡੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ
अठी पहरी अठ खंड नावा खंडु सरीरु ॥
Aṯẖī pahrī aṯẖ kẖand nāvā kẖand sarīr.
Twenty-four hours a day, destroy the eight things, and in the ninth place, conquer the body.
ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਏਕੁ ਭਾਲਹਿ ਗੁਣੀ ਗਹੀਰੁ
तिसु विचि नउ निधि नामु एकु भालहि गुणी गहीरु ॥
Ŧis vicẖ na▫o niḏẖ nām ek bẖālėh guṇī gahīr.
Within the body are the nine treasures of the Name of the Lord-seek the depths of these virtues.
ਕਰਮਵੰਤੀ ਸਾਲਾਹਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਰਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੀਰੁ
करमवंती सालाहिआ नानक करि गुरु पीरु ॥
Karamvanṯī salāhi▫ā Nānak kar gur pīr.
Those blessed with the karma of good actions praise the Lord. O Nanak, they make the Guru their spiritual teacher.
ਚਉਥੈ ਪਹਰਿ ਸਬਾਹ ਕੈ ਸੁਰਤਿਆ ਉਪਜੈ ਚਾਉ
चउथै पहरि सबाह कै सुरतिआ उपजै चाउ ॥
Cẖa▫uthai pahar sabāh kai surṯi▫ā upjai cẖā▫o.
In the fourth watch of the early morning hours, a longing arises in their higher consciousness.
ਤਿਨਾ ਦਰੀਆਵਾ ਸਿਉ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਮਨਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਸਚਾ ਨਾਉ
तिना दरीआवा सिउ दोसती मनि मुखि सचा नाउ ॥
Ŧinā ḏarī▫āvā si▫o ḏosṯī man mukẖ sacẖā nā▫o.
They are attuned to the river of life; the True Name is in their minds and on their lips.
ਓਥੈ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਵੰਡੀਐ ਕਰਮੀ ਹੋਇ ਪਸਾਉ
ओथै अम्रितु वंडीऐ करमी होइ पसाउ ॥
Othai amriṯ vandī▫ai karmī ho▫e pasā▫o.
The Ambrosial Nectar is distributed, and those with good karma receive this gift.
ਕੰਚਨ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਸੀਐ ਵੰਨੀ ਚੜੈ ਚੜਾਉ
कंचन काइआ कसीऐ वंनी चड़ै चड़ाउ ॥
Kancẖan kā▫i▫ā kasī▫ai vannī cẖaṛai cẖaṛā▫o.
Their bodies become golden, and take on the color of spirituality.
ਜੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਦਰਿ ਸਰਾਫ ਕੀ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਪਾਈ ਤਾਉ
जे होवै नदरि सराफ की बहुड़ि न पाई ताउ ॥
Je hovai naḏar sarāf kī bahuṛ na pā▫ī ṯā▫o.
If the Jeweler casts His Glance of Grace, they are not placed in the fire again.
ਸਤੀ ਪਹਰੀ ਸਤੁ ਭਲਾ ਬਹੀਐ ਪੜਿਆ ਪਾਸਿ
सती पहरी सतु भला बहीऐ पड़िआ पासि ॥
Saṯī pahrī saṯ bẖalā bahī▫ai paṛi▫ā pās.
Throughout the other seven watches of the day, it is good to speak the Truth, and sit with the spiritually wise.
ਓਥੈ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਕੂੜੈ ਘਟੈ ਰਾਸਿ
ओथै पापु पुंनु बीचारीऐ कूड़ै घटै रासि ॥
Othai pāp punn bīcẖārī▫ai kūrhai gẖatai rās.
There, vice and virtue are distinguished, and the capital of falsehood is decreased.
ਓਥੈ ਖੋਟੇ ਸਟੀਅਹਿ ਖਰੇ ਕੀਚਹਿ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ
ओथै खोटे सटीअहि खरे कीचहि साबासि ॥
Othai kẖote satī▫ah kẖare kīcẖėh sābās.
There, the counterfeit are cast aside, and the genuine are cheered.
ਬੋਲਣੁ ਫਾਦਲੁ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਖਸਮੈ ਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
बोलणु फादलु नानका दुखु सुखु खसमै पासि ॥१॥
Bolaṇ fāḏal nānkā ḏukẖ sukẖ kẖasmai pās. ||1||
Speech is vain and useless. O Nanak, pain and pleasure are in the power of our Lord and Master. ||1||

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

When I said the Shabads you posted here were incomplete, I will just cite one example above to show what I meant,the one from Sheikh Farid. This is a 3 Salok Shabad compiled by Guru Arjan Dev on page 1383 in the SGGS, our 5th Guru who was tortured to death which enabled us to be here today, interacting over the internet in this wonderful forum called SPN. The English literal translation is by Sant Singh Khalsa and the Punjabi interpretation is by Prof. Sahib Singh. I have no idea how fluent you are in Gurmukhi but English Translation is quite misleading and much to be desired.

Here is the necklace threaded by Guru Arjan from the pearls of Sheikh Farid:

ਮਃ
Mėhlā 5.
Fifth Mehl:

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਗਰਬੁ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਧਨਿ ਜੋਬਨਿ ਆਗਾਹ
Farīḏā garab jinĥā vaḏi▫ā▫ī▫ā ḏẖan joban āgāh.
Fareed, those who are very proud of their greatness, wealth and youth,
ਗਰਬੁ = ਅਹੰਕਾਰ। ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਗਰਬੁ = ਵਡਿਆਈਆਂ ਦਾ ਮਾਣ, ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ ਦਾ ਮਾਣ। ਧਨਿ = ਧਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ। ਜੋਬਨਿ = ਜੁਆਨੀ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ। ਆਗਾਹ = ਬੇਅੰਤ।
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ ਦਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ (ਰਿਹਾ), ਬੇਅੰਤ ਧਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ ਜਾਂ ਜੁਆਨੀ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ (ਕੋਈ) ਮਾਣ ਰਿਹਾ,

ਖਾਲੀ ਚਲੇ ਧਣੀ ਸਿਉ ਟਿਬੇ ਜਿਉ ਮੀਹਾਹੁ ॥੧੦੫॥
Kẖālī cẖale ḏẖaṇī si▫o tibe ji▫o mīhahu. ||105||
shall return empty-handed from their Lord, like sand hills after the rain. ||105||
ਧਣੀ = ਰੱਬ, ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ। ਸਿਉ = ਤੋਂ। ਮੀਹਾਹੁ = ਮੀਂਹ ਤੋਂ ॥੧੦੫॥
ਉਹ (ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚੋਂ) ਮਾਲਕ (ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ) ਤੋਂ ਸੱਖਣੇ ਹੀ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ, ਜਿਵੇਂ ਟਿੱਬੇ ਮੀਂਹ (ਦੇ ਵੱਸਣ) ਪਿੱਛੋਂ (ਸੁੱਕੇ ਰਹਿ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ॥੧੦੫॥

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਤਿਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਡਰਾਵਣੇ ਜਿਨਾ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਓਨੁ ਨਾਉ
Farīḏā ṯinā mukẖ darāvaṇe jinā visāri▫on nā▫o.
Fareed, the faces of those who forget the Lord's Name are dreadful.
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੂੰਹ ਡਰਾਉਣੇ ਲੱਗਦੇ ਹਨ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖਦਿਆਂ ਡਰ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ, ਭਾਵੇਂ ਉਹ ਪੱਟ ਪਹਿਨਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ, ਧਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ, ਜੁਆਨੀ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ ਜਾਂ ਮਾਣ ਵਡਿਆਈਆਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ)।

ਐਥੈ ਦੁਖ ਘਣੇਰਿਆ ਅਗੈ ਠਉਰ ਠਾਉ ॥੧੦੬॥
Aithai ḏukẖ gẖaṇeri▫ā agai ṯẖa▫ur na ṯẖā▫o. ||106||
They suffer terrible pain here, and hereafter they find no place of rest or refuge. ||106||
ਐਥੈ = ਇਸ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ। ਘਣੇਰਿਆ = ਘਨੇਰੇ, ਬੜੇ। ਠਉਰ ਨ ਠਾਉ = ਨਾਹ ਥਾਂ ਨਾ ਥਿੱਤਾ ॥੧੦੬॥
(ਜਿਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ) ਉਹ ਇਥੇ (ਜਿਊਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ) ਕਈ ਦੁੱਖ ਵਾਪਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਤੇ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਵੀ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਥਾਂ-ਥਿੱਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਧੱਕੇ ਹੀ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ॥੧੦੬॥

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਪਿਛਲ ਰਾਤਿ ਜਾਗਿਓਹਿ ਜੀਵਦੜੋ ਮੁਇਓਹਿ
Farīḏā picẖẖal rāṯ na jāgi▫ohi jīvaḏ▫ṛo mu▫i▫ohi.
ਪਿਛਲਿ ਰਾਤਿ = ਪਿਛਲੀ ਰਾਤੇ, ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ। ਨ ਜਾਗਿਓਹਿ = ਤੂੰ ਨਾਹ ਜਾਗਿਆ। ਮੁਇਓਹਿ = ਤੂੰ ਮੋਇਆ।
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਗਿਆ ਤਾਂ (ਇਹ ਕੋਝਾ ਜੀਵਨ) ਜਿਊਂਦਾ ਹੀ ਤੂੰ ਮਰਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈਂ।

ਜੇ ਤੈ ਰਬੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਰਬਿ ਵਿਸਰਿਓਹਿ ॥੧੦੭॥
Je ṯai rab visāri▫ā ṯa rab na visari▫ohi. ||107||
ਤੈ = ਤੂੰ। ਰਬਿ = ਰੱਬ ਨੇ ॥੧੦੭॥
ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਰੱਬ ਨੂੰ ਭੁਲਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਰੱਬ ਨੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ (ਭਾਵ, ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹਰ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਅਮਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ) ॥੧੦੭॥

This is the whole necklace threaded by our 5th Guru from the pearls of Baba Farid. It does not do any justice, rather it is unfair to our visionary Gurus when we break the necklace and scatter the pearls on the floor, pick one pearl up to prove our some kind of personal point rather than have the grace to wear this necklace around our neck as the blessed ones.

When you want to discuss the whole necklace, please feel free to open your heart and say what this necklace means to you, not just one pearl, then we can all pitch in with our own understanding which shall enrich all of us in unison, as a result, each of us will dance with our inner orchestra while wearing this necklace with grace.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

When I said the Shabads you posted here were incomplete, I will just cite one example above to show what I meant,the one from Sheikh Farid. This is a 3 Salok Shabad compiled by Guru Arjan Dev on page 1383 in the SGGS, our 5th Guru who was tortured to death which enabled us to be here today, interacting over the internet in this wonderful forum called SPN. The English literal translation is by Sant Singh Khalsa and the Punjabi interpretation is by Prof. Sahib Singh. I have no idea how fluent you are in Gurmukhi but English Translation is quite misleading and much to be desired.

Here is the necklace threaded by Guru Arjan from the pearls of Sheikh Farid:

ਮਃ
Mėhlā 5.
Fifth Mehl:

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਗਰਬੁ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਧਨਿ ਜੋਬਨਿ ਆਗਾਹ
Farīḏā garab jinĥā vaḏi▫ā▫ī▫ā ḏẖan joban āgāh.
Fareed, those who are very proud of their greatness, wealth and youth,
ਗਰਬੁ = ਅਹੰਕਾਰ। ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਗਰਬੁ = ਵਡਿਆਈਆਂ ਦਾ ਮਾਣ, ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ ਦਾ ਮਾਣ। ਧਨਿ = ਧਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ। ਜੋਬਨਿ = ਜੁਆਨੀ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ। ਆਗਾਹ = ਬੇਅੰਤ।
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ ਦਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ (ਰਿਹਾ), ਬੇਅੰਤ ਧਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ ਜਾਂ ਜੁਆਨੀ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਣ (ਕੋਈ) ਮਾਣ ਰਿਹਾ,

ਖਾਲੀ ਚਲੇ ਧਣੀ ਸਿਉ ਟਿਬੇ ਜਿਉ ਮੀਹਾਹੁ ॥੧੦੫॥
Kẖālī cẖale ḏẖaṇī si▫o tibe ji▫o mīhahu. ||105||
shall return empty-handed from their Lord, like sand hills after the rain. ||105||
ਧਣੀ = ਰੱਬ, ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ। ਸਿਉ = ਤੋਂ। ਮੀਹਾਹੁ = ਮੀਂਹ ਤੋਂ ॥੧੦੫॥
ਉਹ (ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚੋਂ) ਮਾਲਕ (ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ) ਤੋਂ ਸੱਖਣੇ ਹੀ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ, ਜਿਵੇਂ ਟਿੱਬੇ ਮੀਂਹ (ਦੇ ਵੱਸਣ) ਪਿੱਛੋਂ (ਸੁੱਕੇ ਰਹਿ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ॥੧੦੫॥

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਤਿਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਡਰਾਵਣੇ ਜਿਨਾ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਓਨੁ ਨਾਉ
Farīḏā ṯinā mukẖ darāvaṇe jinā visāri▫on nā▫o.
Fareed, the faces of those who forget the Lord's Name are dreadful.
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੂੰਹ ਡਰਾਉਣੇ ਲੱਗਦੇ ਹਨ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖਦਿਆਂ ਡਰ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ, ਭਾਵੇਂ ਉਹ ਪੱਟ ਪਹਿਨਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ, ਧਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ, ਜੁਆਨੀ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ ਜਾਂ ਮਾਣ ਵਡਿਆਈਆਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋਣ)।

ਐਥੈ ਦੁਖ ਘਣੇਰਿਆ ਅਗੈ ਠਉਰ ਠਾਉ ॥੧੦੬॥
Aithai ḏukẖ gẖaṇeri▫ā agai ṯẖa▫ur na ṯẖā▫o. ||106||
They suffer terrible pain here, and hereafter they find no place of rest or refuge. ||106||
ਐਥੈ = ਇਸ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ। ਘਣੇਰਿਆ = ਘਨੇਰੇ, ਬੜੇ। ਠਉਰ ਨ ਠਾਉ = ਨਾਹ ਥਾਂ ਨਾ ਥਿੱਤਾ ॥੧੦੬॥
(ਜਿਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ) ਉਹ ਇਥੇ (ਜਿਊਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ) ਕਈ ਦੁੱਖ ਵਾਪਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਤੇ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਵੀ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਥਾਂ-ਥਿੱਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਧੱਕੇ ਹੀ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ॥੧੦੬॥

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਪਿਛਲ ਰਾਤਿ ਜਾਗਿਓਹਿ ਜੀਵਦੜੋ ਮੁਇਓਹਿ
Farīḏā picẖẖal rāṯ na jāgi▫ohi jīvaḏ▫ṛo mu▫i▫ohi.
ਪਿਛਲਿ ਰਾਤਿ = ਪਿਛਲੀ ਰਾਤੇ, ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ। ਨ ਜਾਗਿਓਹਿ = ਤੂੰ ਨਾਹ ਜਾਗਿਆ। ਮੁਇਓਹਿ = ਤੂੰ ਮੋਇਆ।
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਗਿਆ ਤਾਂ (ਇਹ ਕੋਝਾ ਜੀਵਨ) ਜਿਊਂਦਾ ਹੀ ਤੂੰ ਮਰਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈਂ।

ਜੇ ਤੈ ਰਬੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਰਬਿ ਵਿਸਰਿਓਹਿ ॥੧੦੭॥
Je ṯai rab visāri▫ā ṯa rab na visari▫ohi. ||107||
ਤੈ = ਤੂੰ। ਰਬਿ = ਰੱਬ ਨੇ ॥੧੦੭॥
ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਰੱਬ ਨੂੰ ਭੁਲਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਰੱਬ ਨੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ (ਭਾਵ, ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹਰ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਅਮਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ) ॥੧੦੭॥

This is the whole necklace threaded by our 5th Guru from the pearls of Baba Farid. It does not do any justice, rather it is unfair to our visionary Gurus when we break the necklace and scatter the pearls on the floor, pick one pearl up to prove our some kind of personal point rather than have the grace to wear this necklace around our neck as the blessed ones.

When you want to discuss the whole necklace, please feel free to open your heart and say what this necklace means to you, not just one pearl, then we can all pitch in with our own understanding which shall enrich all of us in unison, as a result, each of us will dance with our inner orchestra while wearing this necklace with grace.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

thanks for posting the full shabad.

i often use sikhi to the max...when you click open full shabad...it shows the full shabad which i copied and pasted. I'm assuming everything on their site is correct...but of course they can make mistakes in how they have seperated some shabads...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
God in Mind 24/7

I feel compelled to repost a shabad i posted above...which i feel describes how we can have God in mind 24/7... The shabad for me, states

1. the importance of Amrit Vela Simran/Contemplation etc.
2. and then goes on to describe what we must do through the rest of the Day ... making up the 24/7 i.e. do truthful deeds, sit with like minded people and do vichar...and this can be anything like...sharing with the needy...discussing on forum sikhi topics...etc etc.

This goes very close to being 24/7... during my 24 hours in a day...I am sleeping for 4-5 hours max, the rest is my usual wakeful life...and 2-3 hours during Amrit vela.

The avarage person will sleep between 6 and 9 hours in a day, then they are straight into their busy hectic life. so personally i fail to see how they can have god in mind 24/7

Has any other Amrit Vela practicing sikhs ever had their simran continue during their sleep? i often can hear 'waheuguru' whilst i am sleeping...

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ
सलोक मः २ ॥
Salok mėhlā 2.
Shalok, Second Mehl:
ਅਠੀ ਪਹਰੀ ਅਠ ਖੰਡ ਨਾਵਾ ਖੰਡੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ
अठी पहरी अठ खंड नावा खंडु सरीरु ॥
Aṯẖī pahrī aṯẖ kẖand nāvā kẖand sarīr.
Twenty-four hours a day, destroy the eight things, and in the ninth place, conquer the body.
ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਏਕੁ ਭਾਲਹਿ ਗੁਣੀ ਗਹੀਰੁ
तिसु विचि नउ निधि नामु एकु भालहि गुणी गहीरु ॥
Ŧis vicẖ na▫o niḏẖ nām ek bẖālėh guṇī gahīr.
Within the body are the nine treasures of the Name of the Lord-seek the depths of these virtues.
ਕਰਮਵੰਤੀ ਸਾਲਾਹਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਰਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੀਰੁ
करमवंती सालाहिआ नानक करि गुरु पीरु ॥
Karamvanṯī salāhi▫ā Nānak kar gur pīr.
Those blessed with the karma of good actions praise the Lord. O Nanak, they make the Guru their spiritual teacher.
ਚਉਥੈ ਪਹਰਿ ਸਬਾਹ ਕੈ ਸੁਰਤਿਆ ਉਪਜੈ ਚਾਉ
चउथै पहरि सबाह कै सुरतिआ उपजै चाउ ॥
Cẖa▫uthai pahar sabāh kai surṯi▫ā upjai cẖā▫o.
In the fourth watch of the early morning hours, a longing arises in their higher consciousness.
ਤਿਨਾ ਦਰੀਆਵਾ ਸਿਉ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਮਨਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਸਚਾ ਨਾਉ
तिना दरीआवा सिउ दोसती मनि मुखि सचा नाउ ॥
Ŧinā ḏarī▫āvā si▫o ḏosṯī man mukẖ sacẖā nā▫o.
They are attuned to the river of life; the True Name is in their minds and on their lips.
ਓਥੈ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਵੰਡੀਐ ਕਰਮੀ ਹੋਇ ਪਸਾਉ
ओथै अम्रितु वंडीऐ करमी होइ पसाउ ॥
Othai amriṯ vandī▫ai karmī ho▫e pasā▫o.
The Ambrosial Nectar is distributed, and those with good karma receive this gift.
ਕੰਚਨ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਸੀਐ ਵੰਨੀ ਚੜੈ ਚੜਾਉ
कंचन काइआ कसीऐ वंनी चड़ै चड़ाउ ॥
Kancẖan kā▫i▫ā kasī▫ai vannī cẖaṛai cẖaṛā▫o.
Their bodies become golden, and take on the color of spirituality.
ਜੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਦਰਿ ਸਰਾਫ ਕੀ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਪਾਈ ਤਾਉ
जे होवै नदरि सराफ की बहुड़ि न पाई ताउ ॥
Je hovai naḏar sarāf kī bahuṛ na pā▫ī ṯā▫o.
If the Jeweler casts His Glance of Grace, they are not placed in the fire again.
ਸਤੀ ਪਹਰੀ ਸਤੁ ਭਲਾ ਬਹੀਐ ਪੜਿਆ ਪਾਸਿ
सती पहरी सतु भला बहीऐ पड़िआ पासि ॥
Saṯī pahrī saṯ bẖalā bahī▫ai paṛi▫ā pās.
Throughout the other seven watches of the day, it is good to speak the Truth, and sit with the spiritually wise.
ਓਥੈ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਕੂੜੈ ਘਟੈ ਰਾਸਿ
ओथै पापु पुंनु बीचारीऐ कूड़ै घटै रासि ॥
Othai pāp punn bīcẖārī▫ai kūrhai gẖatai rās.
There, vice and virtue are distinguished, and the capital of falsehood is decreased.
ਓਥੈ ਖੋਟੇ ਸਟੀਅਹਿ ਖਰੇ ਕੀਚਹਿ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ
ओथै खोटे सटीअहि खरे कीचहि साबासि ॥
Othai kẖote satī▫ah kẖare kīcẖėh sābās.
There, the counterfeit are cast aside, and the genuine are cheered.
ਬੋਲਣੁ ਫਾਦਲੁ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਖਸਮੈ ਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
बोलणु फादलु नानका दुखु सुखु खसमै पासि ॥१॥
Bolaṇ fāḏal nānkā ḏukẖ sukẖ kẖasmai pās. ||1||
Speech is vain and useless. O Nanak, pain and pleasure are in the power of our Lord and Master. ||1||

The AMbroisial Nectar is distributed at this time (Amrit Vela)...a longing arises in the higher consciousness...bodies become golden...
and then for the rest of the wakeful day:
speak the truth, do truthful deeds, share with the needy, do vichar, contemplate...have god in mind always and in every deed.

This in my humble opinion...for the seeker who is still stuck in Maya and desires etc (that includes me)...is the solution put forward by Guru Ji.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016

Amrit Vela, the most powerful time for Simran/ Meditation.

I recently tried out a meditation class and to my amusement, a participant in the class described in detail the very same vision that I experience regularly, right down to a T.

It was a massive vision so the explanation wasnt short. I sat waiting for him to differ on at least one of the many details, but everything was perfectly and correctly described.

He described the Mansarovar.

I had never seen this guy previously and had never shared my vision to anyone remotely connected with the class. He was oriental and not Sikh, probably never heard of Sikhi in his life like most people where I live.

It was a reminder from Maharaj, of the Glory of Sat. Truth is One, He Is beyond Religion, race, caste and creed, and He exists in each and every heart, in the angel and demon, slanderer and saint.

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Amrit Vela, the most powerful time for Simran/ Meditation.

I recently tried out a meditation class and to my amusement, a participant in the class described in detail the very same vision that I experience regularly, right down to a T.

It was a massive vision so the explanation wasnt short. I sat waiting for him to differ on at least one of the many details, but everything was perfectly and correctly described.

He described the Mansarovar.

I had never seen this guy previously and had never shared my vision to anyone remotely connected with the class. He was oriental and not Sikh, probably never heard of Sikhi in his life like most people where I live.

It was a reminder from Maharaj, of the Glory of Sat. Truth is One, He Is beyond Religion, race, caste and creed, and He exists in each and every heart, in the angel and demon, slanderer and saint.

Happy that you are trying out meditation :)
If we are interested and make the effort, then Waheguru will surely start to reveal things to us...

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Happy that you are trying out meditation :)
If we are interested and make the effort, then Waheguru will surely start to reveal things to us...

Lol I've been meditating for years. I used to go into Sunn samadhi on a regular basis.

I tried the class to see the way the teacher does it. A friend of mine owns the fitness company and told me to go along to it.

It's so nice to see others, not just brown people practicing truth, it shows that Truth is beyond race religion and social classes.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Lol I've been meditating for years. I used to go into Sunn samadhi on a regular basis.

I tried the class to see the way the teacher does it. A friend of mine owns the fitness company and told me to go along to it.

It's so nice to see others, not just brown people practicing truth, it shows that Truth is beyond race religion and social classes.

you say 'used to' ... why no longer?

There was a time when i read a lot about meditation techniques...watched videos on the subject, researched online...etc etc...

although it was good, and worthwhile as it kept my mind on 'seeking' ... in the end i realized i just needed to reduce the number of distractions hence why Amrit Vela was perfect...no sounds, dark room, no distractions... just you...then i poured my heart out...i've learnt more about myself...life...during these nightly hours than at any other time....

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait

Lol I never meditate. I only try to introspect and truthfully admit mistakes done and try to mend. For me this is meditation and truthfully bhagti. I am most of the time in sehj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM