• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam All Creation Glorifies God!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Everything in creation glorifies God. God appears to believe this is worth repeating (there are several ayat on this in Quran and it begins several chapters of Quran). Are there similar verses in Sri Guru Granth Sahib? I wonder how these verses are understood from a Sikh perspective. Naben ji, how do you understand them from your understanding of Islam?

I will say one thing about them. I believe they tell us that all glorifies God. And we should never disrespect the way others worship their Creator. Since we are part of creation, humanity is also glorifying God as God created us to glorify God. I think this means if God makes someone Sikh, Sufi or Hindu, it is for God to decide. I imagine all creation calling out Glory-be-to-God, chanting, chanting, chanting. How beautiful that must be for God. Huuuuu.

"The seven heavens and the earth and whatever is in them exalt Him. And there is not a thing except that it exalts [ Allah ] by His praise, but you do not understand their [way of] exalting. Indeed, He is ever Forbearing and Forgiving." [Sūrah al-Isrā': 44]

It says humanity doesn't understand the ways God causes all creation to worship God in their own ways. Right? It says God forgives us....when we are truly ready to be forgiven for our somewhat grandiose assumptions about what is correct and incorrect in terms of worship. Powerful, isn't it?

“All that is in the heavens and on Earth glorify Allah.” [Sūrah al-Hashr: 1, Surah al-Jumah: 1]

“And assuredly We gave David grace from Us, (saying): O ye hills and birds, echo his psalms of praise!” [Sūrah Saba’: 10]

“Do you not see that all things that are in the heavens and on Earth bow down in worship to Allah – the Sun, the Moon, the stars; the hills, the trees, the animals, and a great number of human beings? But a great number are (also) such as are fit for punishment. And those whom Allah shall disgrace none can raise to honor, for Allah carries out all that He wills.” [Sūrah al-Hajj: 18]

Our Light Everywhere dissolving separation/maya and restoring us to Unity. How great is that!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Yes ,It is true that the whole creation is glorifying the CREATOR.
It is therefore important to understand the way whole creation is glorifying
the CREATOR.
This understanding can be very useful guide for us .

Prakash.s.Bagga

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Yes Prakash ji!

Let's talk it about it then. Let's reflect on it. :)

On the one hand, I think we can seek to know, but, on the other hand, I am learning no matter how much we know, there is still so much that is unknown about the universes' relationships with their Beloved. I barely understand how I praise God, let alone how others do. But contemplation would be a type of prayer in itself. So I'm up for it. :)

Aug 28, 2010
Sat Nam _/|\_

Yes Prakash ji!

Let's talk it about it then. Let's reflect on it. :)

On the one hand, I think we can seek to know, but, on the other hand, I am learning no matter how much we know, there is still so much that is unknown about the universes' relationships with their Beloved. I barely understand how I praise God, let alone how others do. But contemplation would be a type of prayer in itself. So I'm up for it. :)

I think that the whole cration is glorifying the CREATOR by the natural
and intinsic guidance from the CREATOR itself.
So one must always pray the CREATOR for intrisic understanding of glorifying The CREATOR.
On the contrary one seems to be guided from other than CREATOR
and that is the cause of all dis satisfaction..

So one must recognise GuRu as the CREATOR and seek the guidance
from GuRu only.

Prakash.S.Bagga.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Prakash ji

So one must always pray the CREATOR for intrisic understanding of glorifying The CREATOR.

How have your prayers about this been answered? What understanding has WaheGuru given you?

Part of my own understanding comes from recognizing how everything is so organized and synchronized. The seasons never stray from their appointed times, for example. How does that happen?

I would love to know what science says about it. Not that science would diminish my awe; it would increase it. Science, imho, leads to deeper understanding of the Creator.

Blessings & Love,
Nam Jiwan:geeksingh:

Aug 28, 2010
Sat Nam _/|\_

Prakash ji

How have your prayers about this been answered? What understanding has WaheGuru given you?

Part of my own understanding comes from recognizing how everything is so organized and synchronized. The seasons never stray from their appointed times, for example. How does that happen?

I would love to know what science says about it. Not that science would diminish my awe; it would increase it. Science, imho, leads to deeper understanding of the Creator.

Blessings & Love,
Nam Jiwan:geeksingh:

This is a highly personal question and I would avoid answering in public domain.You can share this with me thru my ID psbagga@sms.co.in.
It would be ny great pleasure to do so.
With best wishes
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
In case you buddies did not know sharing increases wisdom, God/creator's goodies and does not diminish these. Of course your prerogative to do as you please but I do suggest some public sharing if such wisdom or ideas are so incredible.kudihugmundahug That is at least what I try to do here at spn.

No offense just a suggestion and a request.

On another aspect, Namji{censored}aur ji I want to put a twist on your thread header and want to hear what you think,

"All Creation Glorifies God!"====="God's/creator's glory is in all creation"

Creation does not have to do anything to glorify God/creator, it just needs to recognize the consonance in all creation and so be.

Regards.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
In case you buddies did not know sharing increases wisdom, God/creator's goodies and does not diminish these. Of course your prerogative to do as you please but I do suggest some public sharing if such wisdom or ideas are so incredible.kudihugmundahug That is at least what I try to do here at spn.

No offense just a suggestion and a request.

Regards.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Prakash.S.Bagga

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
"All Creation Glorifies God!"====="God's/creator's glory is in all creation"

Creation does not have to do anything to glorify God/creator, it just needs to recognize the consonance in all creation and so be.

I think its all God knowing God so both parts of the equation are equally relevant. Of course who am I to know? I can only suppose. Maybe one day, I'll be included by the Beloved in knowing all these mysteries. :)

When you say "it just needs to recognize the consance in all creation"...how do you think Creator accomplishes this?

Nam Jiwan peacesign

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2008
There are many verses in Sri Guru Granth Sahib , One coming to my mind is..
ਮਲਾਰ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ਪੜਤਾਲ ਘਰੁ ੩
Malaar, Fourth Mehl, Partaal, Third House:
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਬੋਲਤ ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਾ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੋਰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The humble servant of the Lord chants the Name of the Supreme Lord; he joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Lord's Holy. ||1||Pause||
ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਬਨਜਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਸੰਚਹੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਲਾਗਤ ਹੈ ਨਹੀ ਚੋਰ ॥੧॥॥
Deal only in the wealth of the Lord, and gather only the wealth of the Lord. No thief can ever steal it. ||1|| ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਮੋਰ ਬੋਲਤ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ ਸੁਨਿ ਘਨਿਹਰ ਕੀ ਘੋਰ ॥੨॥
The rain-birds and the pea{censored}s sing day and night, hearing the thunder in the clouds.
ਜੋ ਬੋਲਤ ਹੈ ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਮੀਨ ਪੰਖੇਰੂ ਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਾਪਤ ਹੈ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਰ ॥੩॥
Whatever the deer, the fish and the birds sing, they chant to the Lord, and no other.
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਗਾਈ ਛੂਟਿ ਗਇਓ ਜਮ ਕਾ ਸਭ ਸੋਰ ॥੪॥੧॥੮॥
Servant Nanak sings the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises; the sound and fury of Death has totally gone away. ||4||1||8||

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I think its all God knowing God so both parts of the equation are equally relevant. Of course who am I to know? I can only suppose. Maybe one day, I'll be included by the Beloved in knowing all these mysteries. :)

When you say "it just needs to recognize the consance in all creation"...how do you think Creator accomplishes this?

Nam Jiwan peacesign
From my understanding, creation is a world of duality...a world of pairs of opposites.
Hot/Cold | small/big | Positive/Negative | good/Bad etc etc

These pairs of opposites go right through to god....on one side you have the permanent/formless god ... on the opposite side is the start/middle/end of creation/maya in time and space

opposites are there so that an experience can be had...can we understand what Hot is, if Cold didnt exist?

Can we truely understand happyness, if sadness didnt exists?

Can we undertand, know, appreciate the formless and permanent (god) if we didnt experience the opposite (start/middle/end) of time and space?

For me it glorifies god because even after all these experiences amogst the many...i'm still yearning for the One... why am i doing that? And when i get to experience the One, will i understand god more having experienced the opposite? I'm sure i'll find out one day.

He sends his souls into the creation to experience the many, to share, experience but we still seek to go back to him...is their a greater show of the power of love than this?

:)

Aug 28, 2010
ChazSingh ji,
I am refereing a point of your message as

These pairs of opposites go right through to god....on one side you have the permanent/formless god ... on the opposite side is the start/middle/end of creation/maya in time and space

Now it is important to understand how something Formless can exist as pair.?

From Gurbanee one can learn that Prabhu itself is stated to have been charactrised as
ADi..Madh , Unt that is Start/Middle and end is the CREATOR itself.

One should understand from Gurbanee that the CREATOR in Gurbanee is not one that should be known as FORMLESS.
The CREATOR in Gurbanee is stated to have its own specific Form.

Once the FORM of the CREATOR as envisaged in Gurbanee is recognised one is going to have different understanding of the messages of GuRu ji.

One should look into this aspect that is what I personally feel.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
This form is 'Nirgun'

The Lord is both 'Nirgun' and 'Sargun'.
ie. both form and formless.

What is important is that our very own approach towards the Lord has to be in both Nirgun and Sirgun behaviour and approach.

Aug 28, 2010
This form is 'Nirgun'

The Lord is both 'Nirgun' and 'Sargun'.
ie. both form and formless.

What is important is that our very own approach towards the Lord has to be in both Nirgun and Sirgun behaviour and approach.[/QUOTE

I understand that the meaning of Nirgun is not reference for the FORM.
The meaning of the word is related to PROPERTY of the Entity. So Nirgun means without any Proprty and Sargun means with PROPERTY

It should be obvious that PROPERTY should be different from FORM

The actual word for FORMLESS is NIRAKAAR and its opposite is SAKAAR.

One is generally confused with the words NIRANKAAR and NIRAKAAR.
The word NIRANKAAR does not mean FORMLESS wheresas NIRAKKAR means FORMLESS.

This is how I understand the words,You may have different understanding
I would respect that too.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
You are absolutely correct here, I have just realised.
My apologies if the explanation may be misleading.

The reference of ''Nirankaar'' is used to describe the formless Lord.
It is used when referring to the creator, whereas nirgun may be used for that, but it refers to 'physcial matter'.
Nirgun and sargun can be used to refer to all other property or physical matter as you mention.

Aug 28, 2010
You are absolutely correct here, I have just realised.
My apologies if the explanation may be misleading.

The reference of ''Nirankaar'' is used to describe the formless Lord.
It is used when referring to the creator, whereas nirgun may be used for that, but it refers to 'physcial matter'.
Nirgun and sargun can be used to refer to all other property or physical matter as you mention.

Thank you,Lucky Singh ji for understanding my point of view.

One should also see that in Gurbanee the CREATOR refered is not FORMLESS.This is So as CREATOR in Gurrbanee is GuR/PRABHu and/or
NAAMu which are not FORMLESS.
The CREATOR in Gurbanee has specific FORM and that FORM is EKANKAAR
and this EKANKAAR is being refered as NIANKAAR.
This is very crucial understanding of Gurbanee.

That is why I always say there is no concept of GOD in Gurbanee as GOD i
has to be FORMLESS.
Gurbanee is telling about the CREATOR as ACTIVE and any entity which is ever ACTIVE can not be FORMLESS as FORMLESS ENTITY is INACTIVE.

Prakash.S.Bagga

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Thank you,Lucky Singh ji for understanding my point of view.

One should also see that in Gurbanee the CREATOR refered is not FORMLESS.This is So as CREATOR in Gurrbanee is GuR/PRABHu and/or
NAAMu which are not FORMLESS.
The CREATOR in Gurbanee has specific FORM and that FORM is EKANKAAR
and this EKANKAAR is being refered as NIANKAAR.
This is very crucial understanding of Gurbanee.

That is why I always say there is no concept of GOD in Gurbanee as GOD i
has to be FORMLESS.
Gurbanee is telling about the CREATOR as ACTIVE and any entity which is ever ACTIVE can not be FORMLESS as FORMLESS ENTITY is INACTIVE.

Prakash.S.Bagga

I guess we all have to go on the path and find out for ourselves...the proof is in the pudding as they say :)

When we say formless, none of us can really describe what that means. Even Guru Nanak dev ji stated he couldnt describe this. But in this physical plane we try to use language that can only be associated to the physical realm.

the illusion of time and space is surely created to provide an experience of the 'opposite' to god so that we can understand him further. opposites create an experience to be had...without opposites, there is no experience.

For me, God is pure consciousness, whether consciousness has form or not..we'll just have to experience it for ourselves...
But for consciousness to exists, there has to be something to be conscious of (creation)...the two have to exist together.

But to go past the illsuion of time and space, to experience the purity of consciousness in it's singular state, we probably need to stop putting our attention on the creation and put out attention onto something that exists in both pure consciosness and throughout the creation...and thats the shabad/word within us all....

Aug 28, 2010
Chaz SINGH Ji,

I refer to your last point as
and thats the shabad/word within us all....

Actually it is not the WORD ,It is the Wave of the WORD within all us.Gurbanee confirms for the existence of A WAVE OF THE WORD .which is being refered as EKANKAARu.

Rest all is up to individuals capability to understand the message of GuRu as being
envisaged.

Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM