• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Is There Discrimination Against Lower Caste Sikhs?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Hence, a previous comment I made - What religion out there is not a "failed religion?"
Corruption has seeped in everywhere. Religion is twisted and used for one's self-interest - to actually promote fear, hate, and division, rather than love and tolerance.

Yeh. But Sikhi practiced in its actual true form, ie Gurbani followed 100% without twisting and corrupting it, is Truth.

Many Sikhs love to bring their Egos and Manmade rules to the forefront, failing to realize that the only way to actually become a Gurus Sikh is to deliver your head to Him on a plate and eradicate the Ego.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Some of us really try not to bring our egos to Sikhi but are unsuccessful in the attempt. My many attempts at ego eradication have been dismal failures. As for my following Gurbani 100%, I doubt I am able to follow it even a wee bit. I give it my best try, but see only the tiniest bit of progress. I shall keep trying.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Yeh. But Sikhi practiced in its actual true form, ie Gurbani followed 100% without twisting and corrupting it, is Truth.

Many Sikhs love to bring their Egos and Manmade rules to the forefront, failing to realize that the only way to actually become a Gurus Sikh is to deliver your head to Him on a plate and eradicate the Ego.

This 'actual true form' of Sikh practice that you've said is Gurbani followed 100% is curious to me. Since everyone interprets Gurbani slightly differently (it's unavoidable, we're humans each with our unique experiences), do you accept multiple true forms of Sikh practice based on interpretations of Gurbani?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
This 'actual true form' of Sikh practice that you've said is Gurbani followed 100% is curious to me. Since everyone interprets Gurbani slightly differently (it's unavoidable, we're humans each with our unique experiences), do you accept multiple true forms of Sikh practice based on interpretations of Gurbani?

God sits in each and every heart. Someone who's serious about the path will truly listen and understand. You have to trust, believe in and have faith in your higher self.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
God sits in each and every heart. Someone who's serious about the path will truly listen and understand. You have to trust, believe in and have faith in your higher self.

I'm struggling to understand how this addresses my question. Are you aaying that true Sikh religion per Gurbani is to trust, believe in and have faith in your higher self?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I still don't quite understand your statement, but realise my questions are off topic so I'll let it go.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: