• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Are My Animals More Sikh Than Me?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Forced consonance? Isn't that an oxy{censored}?

No experiments, the mouse's house was always on top of the rat cages since he was a tiny little mouse. He and the rats came out on the table a few times together. He was more interested in them than they were in him.

The rat didn't eat him, she probably killed him by accident pulling him through the bars. He just bled out in her house.

Anyway, enough off-topic chatting.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip Singh ji thanks for your post. I do have a question.

What makes you think ours is the way including the "reason" part as a universal trait in the universe to be exploited?

I believe you are short changing the animals a bit for their wisdom from what I have observed of the animals. Animals do lot of reasonable acts when paid close attention to.

Sat Sri Akal.

It may well be tommorow we may encounter an advanced Alien species who operate at a far higher level than us and may see our way of thinking and reasoning as inferior. They will however, recognise that humans have an ability to reason.

Science tells us that Animals don't posses wisdom. They posses instincy. If you read Bani as wll, it places human life on a pedestal above other life.

Also, there is a big difference between a "reasonable act" and "reason". The ability to reason does not necessarily mean that you or I will do a reasonable act.

A reasonable act maybe to feed your young. Instinctively animals and humans do this. That is a lot different from the ability to "reason".

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Randipji,

I agree with your point, however, the point I am trying to make is that most humans waste this gift of reason by following sensual desires and succumbing to the flesh, rather than using it tempered by wisdom and grace.

Example: a few years ago, I came up with a fantastic plan whereby I worked out how I could have more intimacy with my wife, she looked puzzled and replied 'how much time have you spent on this fantastic plan', I replied ' weeks!', she then looked at the mounting pile of bills, and said 'nice to see you are havet the important things at the top of your list'

As humans we waste our Guru given abilities as if we were animals, not humans, we use these wonderful abilities to follow our animal instincts, not our Guru given ones, this is why we are, Well, I am, more manmukh than Gurmukh, and being Gurmukh is what truly raises us above animals,.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Forced consonance? Isn't that an oxy{censored}?

No experiments, the mouse's house was always on top of the rat cages since he was a tiny little mouse. He and the rats came out on the table a few times together. He was more interested in them than they were in him.
Ishna ji I apologize. My comments reflected my ignorance on rats and mice and how they interact.

Sorry about that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
And now some f*cked up mutt feral dog has killed my pet rabbit.

It's going to be one f*cked up mutt when I wait outside tonight and bash it to death with a f*cking brick.

F*ck consonance.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Although dissonance is natural, it cannot be countered with more dissonance.

Ishna ji, my honest advice would be to simply go deeper into your loss and consciously explore the thoughts and feelings that arise. It might seem counter-intuitive but trust me on this. Going deeper into the loss and studying yourself going through it will bring a lot more joy then getting revenge.
That's all
Cheers

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Scarlet Pimpernel In any case there is consonance in the counter too said:
Sinner Veer ji, yes of course. Ishna ji :swordfight-kudiyan: is trying to teach consonance to the ferel dog who kind of stepped way out of line.

Just as it is in consonance to hang/life-sentence people when they attack innocent per voice of consonance of society. Sometimes things get out of whack for a time (say World War II) but over the long term it all gets figured out.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I hope you don't mind me addressing you as Sinner as I don't like calling you sp ji.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
This is quite a relevent point actually, if animals are always in consonance due to a lack of reason, then an animal killing another animal is in consonance, However I am not sure about a human being killing an animal for killing another animal............

While we are on the subject of Spji, I think I liked Sinner better, and definately liked Bhagatji's old icon, this new one looks like a constipated Burt reynolds............

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
My initial response to Ishna ji was probably not appropriate. :akidd:

My second response was given after some thought on her situation. Following the grief down to its core brings more joy (and insight and wisdom) than trying to squelch it. Every opportunity of grief can potentially bring you closer to the Creator. You must take the opportunity to find out. I cannot show you how it works. You must do it for yourself. Explore the feelings that arise and give them your complete attention.

Ishna ji if you do decide to kill the animal then consciously study the emotions and feelings that arise before and after you have done so. Either way your brother is cheering you on.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Bhagat Singh ji I just post one thought below,
Ishna ji if you do decide to kill the animal then consciously study the emotions and feelings that arise before and after you have done so. Either way your brother is cheering you on.
Say the culprit ferel dog has been run over by a truck by now. Now if we kill the first ferel dog that shows up, would it be consonance? In human terms it is the wrong person executed for someone else's crime.

It is very tough to do, but as they say, "root cause analysis" usually turns out things that one never suspects some time.

I totally feel for Ishna ji and it can be tough due to our attachment limitations. Now Ishna ji is going through much worse.

Example, I picked up a little tooth that came out of our dog sometimes. My heart sank if it meant much serious issues as well as the guy is now eight years old. The little rascal shows those puppy eyes and gets rice, biryani, paratha, sevian, goat meat, salmon, cookies, carrots and to top it off diet Dog Food.

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
While we are on the subject of Spji, I think I liked Sinner better, and definately liked Bhagatji's old icon

Veer Ji I'm still sinner, I just started being illusive and the name stuck ,Bhagat Singh is still Bhagat Singh but he joined the Musketeers as they are soldiers and ofcourse he must be a saint soldier.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: