• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Exactly Would Benefit From This?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
This morning, I have managed to lose the spring from an IBM laptop, ok, its not a big deal, I just needed to find a help article to help me find where exactly the spring is, and how it sits.

I came across the following article,

http://www.ehow.com/how_6385609_open-ibm-thinkpad-r51-laptop.html

Well, it got me thinking, who exactly would benefit from this?

If someone needs to research how to open a laptop in the first place, how on earth are they going to be able to operate it?

In the same way, I feel a lot of Sikhs are still getting hung up on the correct way to worship, the correct way to pray, the right location, the right candles, when really none of these things are relevant, in my opinion.

Sikhism is about learning, about practising, about being a living breathing apprentice of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, not about hang ups, or ritual, or box ticking, effects of previous lives, its really really very simple, embrace every last tiny particle of usable information you can find that has been given to us by the ten masters, and live it, its that simple.

Yet, I constantly find posts from people that should really know how to open a laptop, as to exactly how they should pray, how they should offer thanks to the Lord, when really, again in my opinion, the Lord could not care less about being thanked, or praised, the Lord wishes one thing and one thing only, that we take his qualities and live them, the essence of those qualities are found by way of discourse with the 11th Master, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, I do not think its really that hard to be a good Sikh, it certainly should not be a chore, or a task, or else the whole meaning is completely lost.

The sad fact though, is that we do live in a day and age where the most pointless and basic tasks need validation and direction, there are many only too eager to help the stupid with their own guidance, most of which amounts to the same content as the above article.

Praise the babas for they can open a laptop like no other

Aug 28, 2010
HARRY HALLAR Ji,
The contents of your message are clear and straightforward.
I think one is required to understand what you are supposed to know from GuRu.
It is NAAMu only.Once you get to know this, you yourself have to tune your Mun with what GuRu is telling you.That is all.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
HARRY HALLAR Ji,
The contents of your message are clear and straightforward.
I think one is required to understand what you are supposed to know from GuRu.
It is NAAMu only.Once you get to know this, you yourself have to tune your Mun with what GuRu is telling you.That is all.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Prakashji

Forgive me for my impudence, your knowledge and wisdom are unquestionable, if there was one thing though that I wish I could impart to you, it would be that your message is also clear and straightforward lol kudihug

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM