• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Are The Gurus?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Begum ji,

This may be the first of my images of Guru Nanaak ready for upload and discussion -- as you invited me to do.

My favorites are in the Persian style. It is a picture of Guru Nanaak and Martana, and the most impressive thing about this image is the way they are completely rapt in discussion, focused and interested in the conversation.

sgallerynanak2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
snanak3.jpg

Baba Nanak.... from Introduction to Sikhism

Dear Friends, my intention is not to hurt anyone's feelings...

Bhul chuk maaf karna....

Masjid Dha Day, Mandir Dha Day
Dha Day Jo Kujh Disda
Par Kissay Da Dil Na Dhawee(n)
Rub Dilaa(n) Wich Wasda

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
TGill, the pictures of Nanaak are just so wonderful -- Nanaak is always paying attention, really engaged in the people around him, firm in his stance but so receptive to everyone.

And the compositions, and colors, and style of painting -- just too beautiful!

P/S -- Perhaps in the early days of Sikhi there were many different options for dress and personal adornment. A more free-flowing sense of self and place.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Dear Amar sanghera ji

My opinion: The Gurus that we know were mortals. But the one who were immortals we don't know them !!

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
It is a historical fact that all the Gurus loved and respected Baba Siri Chand ji. Guru Amar Das ji gave his eldest son, Baba Mohan ji to serve Baba Siri Chand ji. Guru Hargobind Sahib offered his son, Baba Gurditta, the father of Guru Harkrishan ji (7th Guru) to be Baba Siri Chand ji's devotee and successor. Baba Siri Chand ji gave the name "Amritsar" that is used today to the city that had been called Ramdaspur. And the place where Guru Arjan Dev ji waited daily for his meetings with Baba Siri Chand ji and his resting place are still marked by the historical sites of Thamb Sahib and Manji Sahib at the village of Barath. Babaji also gave water from his baoli (spring) for the Sarovar (sacred pool) at Tarn Taran.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
thanks

my concern was this

many inquistive minds come to this forum to learn about sikhism

by posting these pictures, it gives a message that they are a part of sikh gurus

i request you might like to start another thread

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
They are part of Sikh Gurus, aren't they ? These inquisitive minds should know the complete truth, why only half....

Fine, will not post such pictures now...

Guru Rakha

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM