• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Whats That Pain Between Eyebrows When Meditating?

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Aristotle ji there nothing I've to prove here. Like I said I don't know what it is, I don't know if it energy or it is something else. But it is there I feel it.

It's like explaining to a blind person that clouds really exists. He won't believe cause he can't see it.

Not saying that your the blind person here.

I get your viewpoint...but we are certainly not that 'blind' in the age of EEG, CT, MRI, PET, Power and Colour Doppler etc. Other than that, its just rationalizing something we choose to believe without any basis of its existence whatsoever.

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
I get your viewpoint...but we are certainly not that 'blind' in the age of EEG, CT, MRI, PET, Power and Colour Doppler etc. Other than that, its just rationalizing something we choose to believe without any basis of its existence whatsoever.

Did they ever try these EEG, CT, MRI, PET tests on someone who also felt the tingling?

I don't expect anything magical from the results, It would be good to know what the result from the tests are and what causes the tingling.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Did they ever try these EEG, CT, MRI, PET tests on someone who also felt the tingling?

They have, but other than the slowing and integration of brain waves, as is expected during meditation, no such Chakras or other fancy things were found. And mind you, these are peer reviewed studies and not backyard-scientific articles from cheap journals some Yoga teachers usually cite...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24596562
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016787600400162X

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
They have, but other than the slowing and integration of brain waves, as is expected during meditation, no such Chakras or other fancy things were found. And mind you, these are peer reviewed studies and not backyard-scientific articles from cheap journals some Yoga teachers usually cite...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24596562
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016787600400162X

Thanks you Aristotle ji :D

Right now I can't say if chakra's exist or not all I know is that I do feel something between my eyebrows but then above.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I'm sorry but I would certainly want something more than that. Its fable for me if you claim it exists in our body and it cant be scientifically explained...

how do you want that 'scientific explanation' in a journal? on the news?

even if you had both of the above...would that be enough for you? would that prove it?

kggr001 is seeking the truth within himself, where Gurbani says God is...do you want scientific explanation from Guru Ji for this also?

do you want everything given to you, handed on a plate by someone else as fact...or do you want to go and experience this for yourself? :)

kggr001 like many of us, try to describe these internal things using the limitations of language...what He experiences he tries to put in words...

But He knows this is very difficult...as hard as steel...

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
how do you want that 'scientific explanation' in a journal? on the news?

even if you had both of the above...would that be enough for you? would that prove it?

kggr001 is seeking the truth within himself, where Gurbani says God is...do you want scientific explanation from Guru Ji for this also?

do you want everything given to you, handed on a plate by someone else as fact...or do you want to go and experience this for yourself? :)

kggr001 like many of us, try to describe these internal things using the limitations of language...what He experiences he tries to put in words...

But He knows this is very difficult...as hard as steel...

Our brain is a complex structure of nerve nuclei and branchings of neurons, the activities of which show identifiable physical manifestations which are radiologically/electrographically visible.

I'm afraid you are twisting the 'seeking God within oneself' teaching to suit your Vedic theory of Chakras , blatantly ignoring modern scientific evidence.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Our brain is a complex structure of nerve nuclei and branchings of neurons, the activities of which show identifiable physical manifestations which are radiologically/electrographically visible.

I'm afraid you are twisting the 'seeking God within oneself' teaching to suit your Vedic theory of Chakras , blatantly ignoring modern scientific evidence.

good old science...i love science....i got double A* for my science GCSE's :)

Modern Day science is still incomplete....
i'm not going to waste my time for someone to give me all the answers and then to find out on my last breath some dude in a white jacket got it all wrong...

my friend. life is short, one doesn't know how long they have on this precious earth... i and many others are going to find out for ourselves...it's so much fun :) Chakras and all that stuff may be complete and utter nonsense...but what better way other than to find out for yourself :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
That doesn't really help, It's the tinteling not really a pain, the tinteling causes me to concentrate on that area and makes the tinteling worse which causes pain. It's like my eyes get strained whenever I start concentrating on the tinteling.

When this happens try focus all your attention on Mool Manter/Gurmanter or have some kirtan playing in the background to take away from fully focussing on this area or the tingles :)

trial and error my friend

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
When this happens try focus all your attention on Mool Manter/Gurmanter or have some kirtan playing in the background to take away from fully focussing on this area or the tingles :)

trial and error my friend

but errr wouldnt that cease to be meditation....

(no response needed, its just a one liner, not a debatable statement....)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
That doesn't really help, It's the tinteling not really a pain, the tinteling causes me to concentrate on that area and makes the tinteling worse which causes pain. It's like my eyes get strained whenever I start concentrating on the tinteling.

Keep you attention to the shabad as much as you can...no matter what you experience...even if a whole set off the encyclopedia of modern science falls on your head...focus on Guru's Bani.

It's the shabad that is the most important ji...

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Modern Day science is still incomplete....
i'm not going to waste my time for someone to give me all the answers and then to find out on my last breath some dude in a white jacket got it all wrong...

I must say, despite your education in Science, you have quite a low and erronous opinion of Science. Science has undergone a paradigm shift in the last few decades in the terms of its approach, from theories and postulates to demonstrable scientific models.

my friend. life is short, one doesn't know how long they have on this precious earth... i and many others are going to find out for ourselves...it's so much fun :) Chakras and all that stuff may be complete and utter nonsense...but what better way other than to find out for yourself :)

Scientific research too may qualify for 'finding out for yourself' in terms of humankind in a quest for finding out answers to many pertinent questions, which are both valid and provable. You choose not to see it in a way I do, is a separate thing.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Scientific research too may qualify for 'finding out for yourself' in terms of humankind in a quest for finding out answers to many pertinent questions, which are both valid and provable. You choose not to see it in a way I do, is a separate thing.

because i'm not experiencing all that science offers for myself...99.9% of it will be read in journals or viewed in documentaries...so is that enough to remove my doubts and questions 100%?

one fact i know of 100% is that science will still be incomplete when i draw my last breath...therefore my complete faith in science will leave me with yet countless more questions that need answers...what good does that do me?

Guru Ji lightens up a path through which i am told i will know the 'complete truth' from a personal experience that i will have myself...

that my friend is going to give me so much more peace when those last moments are coming into play...and so much more peace whilst living my life...however long that may be...

I hope your firm faith in science gives you everything you seek in your lifetime...we're all looking for the same thing :)

God bless ji

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Kggr001...
Hey...hey...hey...
Pain is just a perception my friend !

You have to practice to relax...relax.. and disassociate from this little obstacle.
All the above posts have given good advice.
You need keep focus on ''Waheguru'' at the forefront....
Once you are able to do this,, this annoying little obstacle shall subside.

As the posts above say,... try not to focus or keep attention between eyebrows.

These sensations are mostly about subtle body energies aligning with the physical body.. and they will eventually balance out.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ok, heres my twopence, whilst I absolutely accept that meditation forms a large part of Sikhism for some, personally I would go see a doctor, just in case it does not balance out, or it is something that needs medical attention.

These sensations are mostly about subtle body energies aligning with the physical body.. and they will eventually balance out.

Luckyji, with the greatest respect, you do not know this for fact, and you know nothing about the medical situation of our young friend......

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Are you sure you aren't just crossing your eyes during meditation? That can happen sometimes, it's difficult to tell. It can be uncomfortable.

Yes I think that I'm crossing my eyes, when the tingling start, my eyes are moving upwards, however when I open my eyes it's over.

Later this day I will try to meditate without concentrating on the tingling of third eye.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM