• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Does Sikhism Say About Adam And Eve?

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
The eternal struggle for equanimity and the perfected utopian world, society, home starts and ends with perfecting coexistance of man and woman. The struggle is to overcome paap, haram, sin nature in all religions. It is perfectely legible and simple to understand.

Christianity required the brutal and barbaric sacrifice of God, The Christ, The Son of Man to atone for its sins, a sacrifice mankind and humanity neither required, desired nor served any purpose, its one premise and major flaw overriding the wisdom and word of the perfect sinless

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
WHY should "Sikhism" have to say "ANYTHING" about whats in a book that has nothing to do with "SIKHISM" (correct word is GURMAT ) ??
IF..."anything"...??? was said..would THAT make a difference to those who beleive in that book ?? Would it make me a better SIKH ??
Sikhism...GURMATT is a Path....a UNIQUE PATH made by the Sikh GURUS....whoever follows it is a SIKH....and he /she/can stop worrying about "other".....
And the Sikh GURUS..spent over 250 years.... 10 life times to give us what we have today..the 1430 page SGGS...can you imagine how much more time and effort is needed to ..... mention all the adams and eves and such and such and to refute/etc about all of them....the GURUS CAME..they SAW..whats WRONG....and CORRECTED IT. PERIOD.
Now its up to US..SIKHS to follow them..and their Path...or LEAVE !! we do have that choice you know...!!!

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Although I am amongst the most ardent advocator of keeping ones house in order primarily, first and foremost and vet and would object to any person influencing my brethren in ‘alternative’ or modernist beliefs I have done this not through condemnation of other faiths, or the instilling of hatred and ignorance but in the GURMAT way, in a pride in ones perfect faith, in being a Punjabi, a Sikh.

You may find discussion relating to the origins of life objectionable Gyani Ji, and I understand your fear of what you may perceive as intrusive upheaval of what you are familiar with and learned in. Sikhs no longer live in their Motherland and dwelling in their host nations, the second generation require integration with other faiths and need to be strengthened in their own, than poisoned against the faiths of others.

Your fear and uncertainty motivate you to speak out, and whilst I would agree Politics and the discussion of other issues or beliefs shave forums designated for such practices, we are defenders of our faith, not accusers of the beliefs of others. Gurmat is this jewel of faith whereby one holds firmly to one’s own principles without need to demarcate the beliefs of others.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
I'm not here to insult anyone's faith but how do we explain these in relation to Adam and Eve or the Genesis account?

Dino-dig-8-30-06-0151.jpg

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
The findings of dinosaur bones prove nothing other than at some point probably by some rogue genetic disease the insects of the earth grew to gigantic proportions. This disease caused temperamental volatility and they all killed each other, their creed dying away thereby. Or so God tells me...

God then decided to abandon what remained of his ‘expanded’ and inflated insect farm and create man in his own image, and that plan was soon scuppered too...

Man is now reduced to examination not of hisself or universe but of fossilized matter dug up from the earth. The ancient civilisations of the Super Human Gods is viewed by the evolutionists rather derisorily, understandable given the nouveau educated opining such views, and their lack of vision in what they seek to prove, validate or discredit .......

Spiritual pursuits are cast into the realm of mythology and folkelore along with the Gods for things greater in amenability and compliance ...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dalsing ji

Once again, great pictures. You know BBConline has great coverage of pre-historic societies and ancient civilizations :yes:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Dear Jeetijohal Ji,
you wrote:
You may find discussion relating to the origins of life objectionable Gyani Ji, and I understand your fear of what you may perceive as intrusive upheaval of what you are familiar with and learned in. Sikhs no longer live in their Motherland and dwelling in their host nations, the second generation require integration with other faiths and need to be strengthened in their own, than poisoned against the faiths of others. ..........

I beleive in EVOLUTION....and SCIENCE... DARWINISM...and am an ardent watcher of National Geographic..Discovery Science channels and ...i dont think that the Adam Eve story is "Origin of Life".....even remotely. So far not a single tuk of GURBANI has been found "Wanting/inadequate.....in this context. So I have no "fear/worries" on that aspect either.
Calling a spade a spade can be interpreted as speaking the truth..or "ridiculing"..especially to the person on the receiving end....its simply that TRUTH never changes..humans do change/becoem apoligists/bend over backwards to accomodate obviously wrong beleifs in deference to the environment..living conditions etc ( IN Malaysia...even the word "pork..pig..etc is a BAD WORD..not used in "polite" conversations......our children are taught by the majority community that ..we abhor even the "word"...no pictures of the pig are to drawn even in a childs paintings......same thing in India..beef is a "bad word"..even though its got nothing to do w ith Gurbani/Gurmatt..a human may be killed..but heaven forbid if a cow is killed....so I understand the "pressures" of life in a christian environment....)...so lets agree to disagree here...
The other day my younger brother was invited to give atalk on Sikhism in the main church in Kuala Lumpur...His fiorst words were...You Christians beleive that there is GOD..and there is SATAN. WE Sikhs beleive that there is GOD.
In Sikhism SATAN is also GOD. Light is GOD..Darkness is also GOD..GOOD is GOD..EVIL is also GOD.....the church members had gaping mouths...until he brought it all together through Gurbani and LOGIC of GURMATT. ( the Christians invited him expecting some half baked ideas about amrit vela..amrit.. akhand paaths..sehaj paath..naam japp techniques..yoga postures etc etc etc etc THAT most sikhs today describe SIKHI to be !!!AND :happy: that they could hack holes in and say...you see our WAY is the Only .WAY...)
A few Years back a Sikh family converted to christianity....and they wrote a Book on WHY we chose christianity ?? and you know what was their SIKHI?
Their view of Sikhi was a "picture of Guru Teg Bahdur ji" hanging in the hall that they used to bow to daily....and when they converted....they were surprised that the "GURU" they had been bowing to daily..COULDNT DO A THING !!! Can you imagine such idiocracy??? THAT PICTURE was SIKHI !! in actual fact they had gone bankrupt..the church provided funds to rehabilitate them....and now they bow to Jesus...in reality they have just replaced a photo of Guru Teg bahadur ji with one of Jesus...when the next bankruptsy comes..they may just convert to Islam....Sorry if i digress...maafi.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
In His nature, the beloved Lord has implied lessons to learn for us. Look how birds teach their offspring to get food and to protect themselves in the odds times without any professional schooling likewise hunting animals teach their offspring to hunt and how to be protective in odd times. We seldom learn from them because the ego of knowing too much keeps us above all this. It is another curse of limitation of our knowledge. No Nidhi Sidhi is in their world, no imaginative philosophies are there either. Only idea promoted generation to generation is how to survive because that is what they need. They are freer than us regardless the Odd times they face in general. With so much superiority in intelligence why still we are bankrupt in progression of thought? It is our inability to understand symbols and imaginative stories layered in human Psyche and of course as Sikhs we rarely go beyond talking to comprehend Guru Message.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Evolution is a false baseless and inconclusive doctrine. Science like religion and philosophy is as adept at disclosing the truth and reality of life and mankind as those facilitating it for their aims and purposes. Darwin researched and found man to be closely related to animal, and woman closer, Mohammed knew this, Jesus too loathed vile women, and Nanak spent most his life away from home on pilgrimage. According to the same research women are as different from men as men are from animals, many know this but shy away from an embarrassing truth. It is all false knowledge.

Matter is created by living energy, life force, spirit, light and thermodynamics. The demagogues in power seek to oppress humanity in a constant struggle of hell. Truth is superfluous to their cause, hence truth is silenced and suppressed and falsehood, deceit, wickedness and the wicked are lauded and furthered. The devil and God are not as one and to imply or state so is a negligent blasphemy. Rather mortal’s submission to any power willing to feed his belly is given the title of God is why the confusion arises. You know illustrate my point in knowledge away from scripture leading to lunacy.

What are pigs whitewashed blacks, the enemy of the Aryan and five races of God, shiny radiant people who are immoral, perverse, carnal natured and inclined wicked. Witchcraft is a peasant art, and popularised by these aggrandised destroyers of Godhood from the beginning. As my enemy spoke to me I pass on to you, the swine, or whitewashed blackhearts will never allow any God in this world, as they destroyed and tormented all Gods before they destroy humanity today. What success can God achieve if he himself retains at his right side the pig spawn eve, what purpose is destroying the nations when the destroyer of humanity gives counsel to the Lord great in name only.

Look about you, you will see clear evidence of the power of Satan at work but you call him God because he feeds you and indulges your whims whilst destroying and looting you out of sight. Sikhs, Jews, Hindu’s and Christians will happily worship anything that promises deliverance but rarely delivers for any great period of time. Kalyug is upon us. Satan remains supreme, all who have eaten his fruit are accorded name and status, and those who refute his harlots and wickedness remain in obscure, nonexistent hell......

Many would consider calling the Supreme Lord a miserly tormenting sorcerer Shitaan a blasphemy, and the reason for the seeming absence of any such great reverential figure her in the world today that one can place ones faith in ...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
"Nanak spent his whole life AWAY on Pilgrimage ".......( underlying point is that He did it to ESCAPE the Women in his house ??..am I correct or ???)
What a massive understatement and misinformation.
Nanak DID NOT consider Woman Vile..evil..man's maid servant..man's booty..loot..slave..etc or unlcean..etc etc.
Certainly nanak DID NOT "run away" on so called pilgrimage....
He CONDEMNS pilgrimages !!
He went on to SAVE the WORLD. No other "prophet" even went more than 100 kilometres outside his own state..Mohd in Arabia...Krishan in Mathra..Ram in Authia..Jesus in Jerusalem.... ITS their "FOLLOWERS" who spread their religions....
GURU NANAK WALKED THE TALK...from Punjab to Arabia...Punjab to Bengal/Assam//Punjab to Sri lanka...South East Asia....Punjab to the Tips of the Himalayan mountians/Tibet/Ladakh/Maan sarovar Lake...every square mile of the then known WORLD. The ONLY prophet to have travelled so widely...to spread the Divine Message of Human Brotherhood..to uplift the downtrodden..to declare So Kion mandah akheeyeah jit jammeh Rajaan..why calll her lowly who gives birth to KINGS.... Guur nanak ji spread His OWN RELIGION..GURMATT by Personal EXAMPLE !! Sikh armies and empire builders didnt go converting nations thru the sword....SIKHI is Personal LIVING.
SIKHISM is the only religion named after its FOLLOWERS...not the founders !! shows Sikhs are more important....just as a School is made famous by its "students" who study there and excell.....and there is NO SATAN in Sikhism..ONLY the CREATOR.:D

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Man discloses so much of his own circumstance in his ripostes and rebuttals. ‘’Man Gur Mil Kaj Savaare..?’’ what of the blessing of grace within the temple of one’s own home and the universal realm of one’s imagination within one’s own mind, Giyani Ji …?

Concerning underlying messages or inferred insinuations these are puritanically inspired by the readers own imagination according to their own ingrained views, opinions and ideologies. WaheGuru Ji ...

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
“Creation and destruction happen through the word of the shabad.
Through the shabad, creation happens again.”(SGGS p117)

“Nothing of the color and the form of the creation shall remain;
the entire expanse is transitory.” (SGGS p999)

"The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived. Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived. Many struggle to know His limits, but His limits cannot be found. No one can know these limits. The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said." (SGGS p5).

"Many millions are the fields of creation and the galaxies. Many millions are the ether skies and the solar systems....So many times, He has expanded His expansion....Many millions are created in various forms......His limits are not known to anyone." (SGGS p276)

Jeeti, I’m surprised you discount evolution so off handedly given the evidence which all points away from the Adam and Eve theory.

I recall reading some bani saying God has created and destroyed planets/the universe[?] many times before. I couldn’t find it again, maybe Giani ji knows of it?

Anyway here is an interesting academic paper I found on Sikhi and science for anyone interested.

http://d.scribd.com/docs/1kuexjo40kicazx48l0z.pdf

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
DalSingh Ji, It is best to remain mindful of the fact the SGGS as with all scriptures are written by wayfarers upon the path of truth. What seems an immense and complex universe on one day, on another seeks as a globe in our hands, an intricate sphere of firing neurons, and life energy flowing in an overall pattern with variations simmering under the surface. It is a perspective and measure of comprehension and consciousness....

The original tale of Creation, Eden, the principle figures and their downfall disclose the fundamental premise of all truths. From one seed grows a tree, of branches and leaves of seasonal change, bearing fruit and shade, taking pollutant and emitting clean air, propagating other trees to fall one day and be reduced again to the soil from where it arose.

We may analyse the trunk, the fruit, the colours and the shape of leaves, the age and the amenability, the emissions and the functionality, we may study the fruit or the composites of each particle taken from the wondrous tree itself born of one grain and its interaction with the environment, air, water and sun. The seed contains the potential for such wonderful creation, it is all truth required to be watered and alighted to be understood, to be lived to accomplish its full potential. ...

YouTube - Intelligent Design/Evolution Debate (1 of 8)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
WHY should "Sikhism" have to say "ANYTHING" about whats in a book that has nothing to do with "SIKHISM" (correct word is GURMAT ) ??
IF..."anything"...??? was said..would THAT make a difference to those who beleive in that book ?? Would it make me a better SIKH ??
Sikhism...GURMATT is a Path....a UNIQUE PATH made by the Sikh GURUS....whoever follows it is a SIKH....and he /she/can stop worrying about "other".....
And the Sikh GURUS..spent over 250 years.... 10 life times to give us what we have today..the 1430 page SGGS...can you imagine how much more time and effort is needed to ..... mention all the adams and eves and such and such and to refute/etc about all of them....the GURUS CAME..they SAW..whats WRONG....and CORRECTED IT. PERIOD.
Now its up to US..SIKHS to follow them..and their Path...or LEAVE !! we do have that choice you know...!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool: This one did not sink in until a few days had passed. Thanks

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM