• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Are These Parts Of The Gurdwara Service?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
lol in the grand scheme of things it does not matter all the much, but I can see how runaway sangats get worked up over this sort of thing. First there is the puzzle. Then questions are asked. And the answers make less sense than the original problem. After that Harjinder Singh Dilgeer is found to have written an essay about it, and forums break out into flame.

I look at it this way. If you had not brought this up, I would never have been motivated to look up Prachin Panth Parkash... which is another eye-opener. I gained a lot from this thread.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Admin ji, it never ceases to amaze me how you find gratification and value in puzzles that just leave me completely baffled and confused.

I've also found some contention over the last line you gave from (supposedly) Bhai Prahlad Singh's book. The line in your attachment is

ਜਾਕਾ ਹਿਰਦਾ ਸੁਧ ਹੈ ਖੋਜ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਮੈਂ ਲੇਹ ॥

jaka hirda sudh hai khoj shabad main leh

but the line I'm most familiar with from Gurdwara is:

ਜੋ ਪਰਬੁ ਕੋ ਮਿਲਬੋ ਚਹੇ ਖੋਜ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਮੈਂ ਲੇਹ ॥
Jo Prabhu ko milbo (or is it milna?) chahe khoj shabad mein leh

I can't find the Jo Prabhu ko line in Gurmukhi so I tried to write the Gurmukhi above myself using the Roman transliteration as a guide, and would appreciate someone verifying it's correct or correcting it for me please.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
It's ok admin ji, at this point I'm not so much concerned with the "where" as the "what" - if the Gurmukhi I've written for that different line is correct. The line is used by my Gurdwara so I'm going to stick with it for now, for completeness of my cheat sheet. :grinningkaur:

But I feel for you, I know the curiosity nags at you.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
OOps I deleted my last reply when I realized I did not understand your question. OK, then t is all put to bed. But now you have given me something else to gnaw on. I bet my bottom dollar that Harjinder Singh Dilgeer has covered this issue, and it is just a matter of finding out in which of 10 volumes the discussion can be found. lol

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sourcing on this would be very helpful Gyani ji because there is no starting point that stands out as authoritative.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ishna ji

What I posted in the attachment and what you posted as copy from the attachment don't look very much the same. Would you clarify for me as I have cross-checked both several times. Only the one line is the same on your comment. What are the other parts?

ishna ji thank you for making the font changes, so now i can follow what your are asking.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Oh dear!

I'm sorry, I'm not getting the hang of this font business, thats why! There should only be 2 lines of Gurmukhi and the rest Roman. Now I've swapped PCs the whole chunk is coming up in Gurmukhi script. *sigh* I will fix it and it will make more sense to you.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The Original line was GURU MANIO PANTH....later changed to Guru manio GRANTH...I will rpovide more input later

... But doesn't "guru manio granth" reinforce Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's position as our Guru? If it's "Guru manio panth" then the whole panth is meant to be Guru? Are you kidding me?

I've read it was a sneaky change to coerce Sikhs into idolizing Guru Granth Sahib Ji...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The GURGADDEE after 1708 is a TWIN responsibility...one cannot exist without the other..Meaning..NO Granth..NO Panth...............and NO Panth..No Garanth !!

The PANTH actually got Gurgadee when the FIVE COLLECTIVELY ORDERED Guru Gobind Singh Ji to LEAVE CHAMKAUR. Later On the FIVE had also "censored" Guru Gobind Singh ji when He lowered his spear in reverence to a muslim pir's grave when passing by ( THAT was a TEST of the Khalsa by the GURU ). The SINGHS immediately spoke UP and questioned the GURUS action.

The GURUS Plan was to Make the PANTH (FIVE) collectively responsible for the worldy decisions of the panth while REMAING UNDER the SGGS as SUPREME LAW of the Khalsa. The Gurus HUKMNAMAH is to be followed by the Panth. Thats why its IMPOSSIBLE for the FIVE to administer Khandey dee pahul in the ABSENCE of the SGGS..while the SGGS alone cannot do that either.

You are absolutley right that the Guru Manio Granth and PARGAT GURAN KEE DEH was a sneaky attempt to IDOLISE the GRANTH as is being done more and more now. The Pargat Guran kee DEH has to be the PANTH...as the LIVING KHALSA is GURU and known as The GURU KHALSA PANTH.

Under this sneaky plan we ahve the NANAKSAREE SAADHS who IDOLISE the SGGS..while completley disregarding the PANTH..they call heir Gurdwars THHATH..they DONT have NISHAN SAHIBS..they dont recognise the KIRPAN as kaar..they DONT have LANGGAR etc etc..and they claim the SGGS is a real living body..with limbs etc..and have lots of PAKHAND based on this...like the "Guru jumping out of sggs and eating food etc along the liens of Bhagat Dhannas fake story of bhagwaan eating his food etc..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM