• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Two Questions To Consider

What will happen:

* If each & every member of the site starts living on the teachings of "Gurbani" Seriousely or whole heartedly to become "Gurmukh" than "Manmukh".

* If each & every person of the world starts living on the teachings of "Gurbani" Seriousely or whole heartedly to become "Gurmukh" than "Manmukh".

May 24, 2008
Jasdir Ji ,
As per my experience of last two & half years most of the members on this site are TRUE GURMUKHS or at least trying to be one & not manmukhs . I have said it before many times & will say it again , SPN is by a long mile the BEST site most impartial most liberal on Sikhi discussion on the whole internet unlike most other Sikh sites with some affiliation or some agenda .That is why I always say that members should actively contribute to sustain it , it is one of the MOST PRECIOUS assets we Sikhs have at present the way it is going now & the way things are looking up .

Very clear, -Reallity,
The answer by U, Is right for the members of SPN, even perfectly sutable, (A divinity).
Anyhow, Respected sir, Dalbirk ji,
So, What are your views about other peoples, or manmukhs, in the whole world,
Very exicetly waiting for your reply,
With Respect,
Goodbye.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Dear Jasdir Ji

If each & every person of the world starts living on the teachings of Gurbani, then surely there will be less conflict on religious grounds as there would only be one global world religion?

Furthermore, we could all work together to eradicate poverty and improve society as a whole for everyone

I'm dreaming........
:fish:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Dear Jasdir Ji

If each & every person of the world starts living on the teachings of Gurbani, then surely there will be less conflict on religious grounds as there would only be one global world religion?

Furthermore, we could all work together to eradicate poverty and improve society as a whole for everyone

I'm dreaming........
:fish:

Seeker9 ji,

Guru Fateh.

Yes, you are dreaming. Sikhi for me is not an ism and its teachings are universal which is much different than Sikhi being a One global world religion.

We should emulate what our Gurus did and what Sri Guru Granth Sahib, our only Guru shows us which is the universal message of breeding goodness within so it can be shared with others.

Guru Nanak taught Muslims how to be good Muslims and what should be the true meaning of Hajj? He did the same with the Hindus with aarti and many other things.

So, what I am trying to convey is that we do not want Sikhi to be the one global religion but make it our duty to share the universal message of Sikhi with people from any hue,creed or faith.

There is a post by a Rabbi on this forum. I would request the Administrators to dig it and post it here. This Rabbi attended the World Religions Conference held in Madrid some years ago. Sikhs were also part of this conference. But they did something remarkable that Sikhi demands from all of us. They erected a big tent with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Parkash and offered Langar to all attendees. When the word got around, they started serving 8000 meals a day. There was only a few conditions, take their shoes off, cover their heads, sign the book and promise to come back the next day.

This Rabbi attended the conference and also had langar and he said that this Sikhi gesture had made him a better Jew.

Now, Sikh Langar takes place at every World Religions Conference.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
We should emulate what our Gurus did and what Sri Guru Granth Sahib, our only Guru shows us which is the universal message of breeding goodness within so it can be shared with others.

Guru Nanak taught Muslims how to be good Muslims and what should be the true meaning of Hajj? He did the same with the Hindus with aarti and many other things.

So, what I am trying to convey is that we do not want Sikhi to be the one global religion but make it our duty to share the universal message of Sikhi with people from any hue,creed or faith.

Dear Tejwant ji

It's a very important distinction you make here

I wonder how many religions can say they do the same?

What will happen:

* If each & every member of the site starts living on the teachings of "Gurbani" Seriousely or whole heartedly to become "Gurmukh" than "Manmukh".
* If each & every person of the world starts living on the teachings of "Gurbani" Seriousely or whole heartedly to become "Gurmukh" than "Manmukh".

Few days before i started this with the Q: to consider (as above),

So let me answer myself as i m leaving spn with this as my last post,

Ans1: If each & every member of the site starts living on the teachings of gurbani seriousely or whole heartedly the result will be:
The site will loose all the members, because it is very clear in gurbani that one should do the simran of "God" insted of wasting a single breath of his or her life in any type of wordly arguments,

Ans2: Similarly, the world will loose all the fights, Because one will not get time for any type of arguments or fights, who will fight or argu, if everybody is busy or intrested in doing simran.

Respect for SPN
Thank U,
Goodbye,
For ever.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM