• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Twin Flame Concept In Sikhism

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I think that every single interaction that I have with anyone is there to help me develop and to teach me. With every interaction whether it is positive or negative, there is always some kind of lesson to be learned.

Even when someone may feel misused and abused, they have the opportunity to handle it in different ways. One is to come out stronger and better whilst addressing whatever you can that made them the victim in the first place.
I know that it sounds very easy for me to say and write this, but there are many people who suffer horrific consequences because of such encounters.

I think that we can ALL sometimes think back about some simple encounter and wonder if we handled it correctly.
I'm sure that most of us at certain times in our life wonder or ask the question ''Why does this Always happen to me or us ??''
It's when these questions arise that makes me think that we have not learned or handled the encounter as we were supposed to previously, which is why it keeps on recurring. And until we learn, develop and handle it properly, it will keep on manifesting and presenting itself in different encounters but same concepts.

As for the twin flame concept, I don't think that there is One single person or twin that can help me learn and fill in all the gaps. Therefore, I don't think that it is confined to just one twin but it can be many people in our life.
However, the soul mate or your partner that you decided to settle with is usually the one on the same frequency and brain/mind wavelength as yourself.
Me and my wife are exactly like this but we know very well that we can't fill each others spiritual gaps to the degree that Waheguru and his grace can. We also know that we are 2 souls joined in matrimony and spirituality, but we are in no way twins or doubles of each other. We will both take our very last breaths at different times and neither of us can play any part in each others last journey.
Anyway, if your soul mate was your twin or double, then life would be pretty boring wouldn't it ??

Nov 14, 2008
Wjjk Wjkf!

I have read lots about "The Twin Flame" concept and understand what it means and how it works. In brief, Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul. We each have only one twin, and generally after being split the two went their separate ways, incarnating over and over to gather human experience before coming back together. Ideally, this happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can ascend together.

I have had an experience with meeting my twin flame, and would like to just get further detail about this being true in Sikhism?
Has anyone else had the experience of meeting their twin flame? And is this concept true in Sikhi?

You can look more into depth on this concept in the link below:
http://loveandlivedivine.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/what-is-a-twin-flametwin-soul/

This is my first post and I'm pretty excited to use this site, Thanks! :))

Wjjk Wjkf!

hi Gurjit ji

Concept of Twin flame /Twin Soul exists in Sikhi , One is our Soul AATMA /JEEVAATMA and second is Supereme Soul PARAMAATMA , unless two attain Union AATMA incarnates again and again .

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Destiny? What is this? It doesn't make sense. There is no master plan, just the laws of nature and life following it. Who you meet, where you go will change depending on the choices you make in life.

In Gurbani it is often written "poorab likhiaa", from your understanding what do translate this as?

Me personally, concerning destiny, I believe that like lucky ji said in his last post...if we keep making the same mistakes and not learn from interaction then our life is pretty much written...we encounter similar situations over and over until we awaken and liberate ourselves from them...the outcomes are pretty much pre-written based on our fears, anxieties, likes, dislikes, reactions, that seem to be stored in our subconsious minds...

But if we awaken and learn from them...our consciousness expands and true wisdom, true actions flourish through. our soul now becomes the co-ordinator rather than wayward thoughts presented by the mind.

just my current feelings on such a subject...nothing more.
God bless..

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Where is my husband?

Q: I have faith that the Guru will bring my husband. But when?

I know that Babaji is arranging my marriage, but when will it happen? How will I know who is the right man? What about all the pressure being put on me to get married? Guruka Singh talks about the deeper issues behind these questions.

http://www.sikhnet.com/video/where-my-husband

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Where is my husband?

Q: I have faith that the Guru will bring my husband. But when?

I know that Babaji is arranging my marriage, but when will it happen? How will I know who is the right man? What about all the pressure being put on me to get married? Guruka Singh talks about the deeper issues behind these questions.

http://www.sikhnet.com/video/where-my-husband

As much as I love the cuddly Guruka Singh, I would just point out that Sikhnet promote the 3HO strain of Sikhism which is heavily influenced by Vedicism and kundalini yoga.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Destiny? What is this? It doesn't make sense. There is no master plan, just the laws of nature and life following it. Who you meet, where you go will change depending on the choices you make in life.

Either you call it destiny or coincidence it is always their..imgagine getting birth in extremely poor family and sufferings you go through. many times your thinking your choices are results of your upbringing. and environment you get around and people have no control over it.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
In Gurbani it is often written "poorab likhiaa", from your understanding what do translate this as?

Me personally, concerning destiny, I believe that like lucky ji said in his last post...if we keep making the same mistakes and not learn from interaction then our life is pretty much written...we encounter similar situations over and over until we awaken and liberate ourselves from them...the outcomes are pretty much pre-written based on our fears, anxieties, likes, dislikes, reactions, that seem to be stored in our subconsious minds...

But if we awaken and learn from them...our consciousness expands and true wisdom, true actions flourish through. our soul now becomes the co-ordinator rather than wayward thoughts presented by the mind.

just my current feelings on such a subject...nothing more.
God bless..

The meaning of destiny is a predetermined future. The definition you give is not consistent with this as you have the power to adjust your actions and decisions to change the outcome. Therefore poorab likhia cannot mean destiny, but to me means the natural outcome of my choices. Here is a related subject http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/40592-with-wahegurus-blessings.html

Either you call it destiny or coincidence it is always their..imgagine getting birth in extremely poor family and sufferings you go through. many times your thinking your choices are results of your upbringing. and environment you get around and people have no control over it.

There is choice over how you react to the situation so there is some control over your life. No control over where you are born but there is over what is done with this life given. This is shown in our own history. People from all different backgrounds and situations undertook in the Khande di pahaul ceremony with Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They did not blame their birth situation for not being able to follow their true desires.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
There is choice over how you react to the situation so there is some control over your life. No control over where you are born but there is over what is done with this life given. This is shown in our own history. People from all different backgrounds and situations undertook in the Khande di pahaul ceremony with Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They did not blame their birth situation for not being able to follow their true desires.

Not denying that there is no control , but still major control lies with your birth and upbringing.malnutrition can affect your mental and physical growth , recent study says that poverty can even lower your IQ

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/08/31/chronic-poverty-can-lower-your-iq-study-shows/

What I am saying is the base of human life, good healthy genetics, IQ good family who loves you and give you good education all comes with coincidence or destiny whatever you believe, only after that you move toward second step of

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Not denying that there is no control , but still major control lies with your birth and upbringing.malnutrition can affect your mental and physical growth , recent study says that poverty can even lower your IQ

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/08/31/chronic-poverty-can-lower-your-iq-study-shows/

What I am saying is the base of human life, good healthy genetics, IQ good family who loves you and give you good education all comes with coincidence or destiny whatever you believe, only after that you move toward second step of

Twin flames?

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Sat Sri Akal,
This strikes me rather as "Hallmark Card Philosophy"; something that sounds uplifting but that is probably just sentimental hooey. To my experience, successful relationships are the result of mutual respect, much compromise and much sacrifice. In a world where your soul-mate is floating among 7.2 billion humans, and you'll not have true fulfillment until you are somehow brought together with that special other, sounds really fanciful.
In Sikhi, sharing a life with another, in which devotion and respect and purpose are unified, is a sacred union of souls.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sat Sri Akal,
This strikes me rather as "Hallmark Card Philosophy"; something that sounds uplifting but that is probably just sentimental hooey. To my experience, successful relationships are the result of mutual respect, much compromise and much sacrifice. In a world where your soul-mate is floating among 7.2 billion humans, and you'll not have true fulfillment until you are somehow brought together with that special other, sounds really fanciful.
In Sikhi, sharing a life with another, in which devotion and respect and purpose are unified, is a sacred union of souls.

You remind me Brother Onam ji and I regret that I lost sight of this...... we, as humans, husband and wife or mentor and student or any other possible pairing, are not soul mates of one another. We are soul mates/soul brides of Waheguru. Only through our connection to Waheguru do we connect to each other. Deepening our connection to one another, our marriage, depends on awakening our awareness of the ONE flame within.

Last edited:

Kenncornn

SPNer
Oct 26, 2022
In my experience it was complete harmonic resonance we share the same vibrational frequency they are really the imbodyment of the divine love and light of god and I was one with her whole and in the presence of the love of god

Kenncornn

SPNer
Oct 26, 2022
It was as if are two biofuels came together to create one unified field. It felt like I was seeing through her consciousness I could fell her feelings and my heart was overflowing with unconditional love it was amazing

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

JUP Bani is initiation, Focus is o Shabad Sanjog and Vijog objective realisation.

ਏਕਾ ਮਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ॥
ਇਕੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਲਾਏ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ॥
ਜਿਵ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਚਲਾਵੈ ਜਿਵ ਹੋਵੈ ਫੁਰਮਾਣੁ॥
ਓਹੁ ਵੇਖੈ ਓਨਾ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਏਹੁ ਵਿਡਾਣੁ॥
ਆਦੇਸੁ ਤਿਸੈ ਆਦੇਸੁ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅਨੀਲੁ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਅਨਾਹਤਿ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਏਕੋ ਵੇਸੁ॥

Ek A Mahi There is ONE universal Energy,
Jugat Vi Aahi, This is Only way
And three ways to channelise the Energy

Positive Negative and Neutral
As ONE Choice, that proceeds and neural instructs for Biochemistry Speech or Physical Action

Nature witness this E motion but unaware can not realise this.

This is the way since inception and has never changed in form.

ਭੁਗਤਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਦਇਆ ਭੰਡਾਰਣਿ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਨਾਦ॥
ਆਪਿ ਨਾਥੁ ਨਾਥੀ ਸਭ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਅਵਰਾ ਸਾਦ॥
ਸੰਜੋਗੁ ਵਿਜੋਗੁ ਦੁਇ ਕਾਰ ਚਲਾਵਹਿ ਲੇਖੇ ਆਵਹਿ ਭਾਗ॥
ਆਦੇਸੁ ਤਿਸੈ ਆਦੇਸੁ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅਨੀਲੁ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਅਨਾਹਤਿ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਏਕੋ ਵੇਸੁ॥ ੨੯॥

ਭੁਗਤਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ Experimental Awareness
ਦਇਆ ਭੰਡਾਰਣਿ Compassion in abundance

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਨਾਦ॥ Energy is resonating in each neuron.

ਆਪਿ ਨਾਥੁ ਨਾਥੀ ਸਭ ਜਾ ਕੀ Energy is building block and all active units get attached.

Ridhs Sidhs and Sadhus who get activated

Sanjog Attachment. Energy or Soul is attached when ONE life in initiated in womb.
Vijog Detatchmenet is at Death
and
within life span if One forgets how life.is initiated, it is equivalent to spiritual death, and is due to formation of EGO. Or formed learning

These are two ways to lead life. Attached or Being aware of Spirit or Soul or Energy Source

Or

Detatched Being unaware of spirit or Soul or Energy Source within Ones Own life span. as attached with all man made forms and routines.

As per choice we get instruction

This is since inception, and way has never changed.form.

Following Nanaks have state the same concept objectively in there writtinga.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

JUP Bani is initiation, Focus is o Shabad Sanjog and Vijog objective realisation.

ਏਕਾ ਮਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ॥
ਇਕੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਲਾਏ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ॥
ਓਹੁ ਵੇਖੈ ਓਨਾ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਏਹੁ ਵਿਡਾਣੁ॥
ਆਦੇਸੁ ਤਿਸੈ ਆਦੇਸੁ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅਨੀਲੁ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਅਨਾਹਤਿ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਏਕੋ ਵੇਸੁ॥

Ek A Mahi There is ONE universal Energy,
Jugat Vi Aahi, This is Only way
And three ways to channelise the Energy

Positive Negative and Neutral
As ONE Choice, that proceeds and neural instructs for Biochemistry Speech or Physical Action

Nature witness this E motion but unaware can not realise this.

This is the way since inception and has never changed in form.

ਭੁਗਤਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਦਇਆ ਭੰਡਾਰਣਿ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਨਾਦ॥
ਆਪਿ ਨਾਥੁ ਨਾਥੀ ਸਭ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਅਵਰਾ ਸਾਦ॥
ਸੰਜੋਗੁ ਵਿਜੋਗੁ ਦੁਇ ਕਾਰ ਚਲਾਵਹਿ ਲੇਖੇ ਆਵਹਿ ਭਾਗ॥
ਆਦੇਸੁ ਤਿਸੈ ਆਦੇਸੁ॥
ਆਦਿ ਅਨੀਲੁ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਅਨਾਹਤਿ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਏਕੋ ਵੇਸੁ॥ ੨੯॥

ਭੁਗਤਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ Experimental Awareness
ਦਇਆ ਭੰਡਾਰਣਿ Compassion in abundance

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਨਾਦ॥ Energy is resonating in each neuron.

ਆਪਿ ਨਾਥੁ ਨਾਥੀ ਸਭ ਜਾ ਕੀ Energy is building block and all active units get attached.

Ridhs Sidhs and Sadhus who get activated

Sanjog Attachment. Energy or Soul is attached when ONE life in initiated in womb.
Vijog Detatchmenet is at Death
and
within life span if One forgets how life.is initiated, it is equivalent to spiritual death, and is due to formation of EGO. Or formed learning

These are two ways to lead life. Attached or Being aware of Spirit or Soul or Energy Source

Or

Detatched Being unaware of spirit or Soul or Energy Source within Ones Own life span. as attached with all man made forms and routines.

As per choice we get instruction

This is since inception, and way has never changed.form.

Following Nanaks have state the same concept objectively in there writtinga.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-31-21-33-53-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-31-21-33-53-55.jpg
    259.1 KB · Reads: 111

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM