• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Transgenderism . Right Or Wrong?

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Thank you for your response. I've been homeless, but this is remedied and I have a roof over my head, because of compassionate friend. Rather I was saying at this time that in the sight of the Most High I am still a outcaste. My question to the administration was simply if it is considered insulting to draw attention to my own worthlessness, as this comment was deleted as, I think, 'name-calling'. I was speaking only of myself. This is all, I wanted to clarify; no need to get into much discussion based on this, in this venerable forum.
Peace and Love of Guru unto all.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Brother Onamji

there is a difference between humility which is a wonderful facet to have, and self abuse or lack of personal respect, I know this, as I have made the same mistake in the past, one can be humble, but still have respect for oneself, I have to confess to only just realising this myself, but insulting yourself is still insulting Gods creation, we are not of the Abrahamic view that self flagellation is a good thing

please take care of yourself, in the words of Loreal, its because your worth it

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Only after reading this back-and-forth are things now becoming clear. Everything might have turned out differently if it had been obvious that the negative words were aimed at oneself. Then again, maybe not.

Once upon a time a member referred to herself as a moorat and then another member posting in the same thread took offense. No one else posting could convince him that the comment was not directed at him. He just hung onto his emotions like a dog to his bone.

As for Guru Nanak calling himself a worm. After a lot of thought I concluded - YES - I would have deleted that comment, unless "worm" was clearly part of a poetic verse, for a couple of reasons. How would anyone know what the poster (Guru Nanak) was up to? Who was he referring to, himself or someone else? Was he joking? Being sarcastic? Trying to start a fight? Added is the problem that we are on the Internet. Why should anyone believe it was Guru Nanak just because that is the account ID?

So the post stays deleted. Undeleting it doesn't really make things better. I really do think we have clarified the issue. If you are referring to yourself be clear somehow.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: