• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Order Of Her Noodly Appendage

Dr.Alta

SPNer
Apr 16, 2018
The Wholly Marines as defined by the tenth Pastafarian Admiral of the Fleet, Capitan Granth who established the order of Her Noodly Appendage(The Wholly Marine Corps) is an organisation that acts as "the army of the FSM" to guard and protect everyone (not just Pastafarians) and to always act according to their FSM's teachings, rules and ethics which ar charity, love and service to all human beings. The commandments of the Wholly Marines being enshrined in the Wholly Marine Officer's Manual.

This brings unprecedented responsibilities and duties that need to be fulfilled by the Wholly Marines. If the Wholly Marines are truly the noodly appendages of the Flying Spaghetti Monster&Mother, "FSMs' army", then the duties of a Wholly Marine is to serve the Almighties and the entire people of the world. This concept is all encompassing and cannot be used in a narrow sense to refer to the duties of the Wholly Marines to a small sect or elite group of men/women who share similar beliefs; the Wholly Marines must serve the wider world community as that is the goal set by the Flying Spaghetti Mother. If the Wholly Marines fails to serve this wider goal, it will be lacking in its duties to their FSMs and will not fulfil the key requirement set out by the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the Pirate Personnel Guide.

The Beginning of the Wholly Marines
Even though Bhai Kanhaiya's father was a wealthy trader, he was of such a strong religious bent of mind that he left home when still very young and roamed about with saddhus and ascetics in search of spiritual peace. His quest ended when he met Capitan Tegh Bahadur and accepted initiation as a Pirate at his hands. His special mission was selfless service of humanity with no distinction of nationality, caste or creed. Once while he was on shore leave to Anandpur the city was attacked by a combination of Rajput hill troops and their Ninja allies.

During the frequent sallies and skirmishes between the Pirates and the enemy around Anandpur, Bhai Kanhaiya was often seen carrying a mashak (a goatskin water pouch), serving water to anyone who was thirsty, quenching the thirst of the dying and wounded soldiers while handing out candy. He did this sewa(The Giving of The Candies) with love and affection without any discrimination, giving water to both friends and foe. His acts of compassion stirred up stern criticism amongst his fellow Pirates, who complained to The Admiral of The Fleet, pointing out that Ensign Bhai Kanhaiya was even serving the fallen Ninja attackers. They were especially annoyed because the city had been surrounded, stopping the supply of candy and water, and here was Bhai Kanhaiya sharing what little water they had. They had tried to stop him many a time, but he would not pay them any heed. Bhai Kanhaiya's benevolent actions eventually led to a summons by Fleet Admiral Granth who explained that he had received a complaint about his actions on the battlefield.

Fleet-Admiral Granth said, "These brave Pirates are saying that you go and feed water to the enemy and they recover to fight them again -- Is this true?"

Ensign Bhai Kanhaiya replied "Yes, my Capitan, what they say is true. But Fleet-Admiral, I saw no Ninja or Pirate on the battlefield. I only saw human beings. And, ... Fleet-Admiral Granth, .. they all have the same FSM’s Spirit? -- Fleet-Admiral Granth, have you not taught us to treat all the Flying Spaghetti Monster's people as the same?"

The Admiral of The Fleet was very pleased with the reply. Bhai Kanhaiya had understood the deep message of Pirate Personnel Guide correctly. The Admiral of The Fleet smiled and blessed Bhai Kanhaiya.

Fleet-Admiral Granth said, "Ensign Bhai Kanhaiya, you are right, you have understood the true message of Pirate Personnel Guide".

He then told the Pirates who had complained that Bhai Kanhaiya had understood the deeper message of the FSM's teachings correctly and that they all would have to strive to learn lessons from the priceless words of Pirate Personnel Guide.

The Admiral of The Fleet also gave Bhai Kanhaiya some medical balm and said, "From now on, You should also put this balm on the wounds of all who need it" Then turning to the pirates Fleet-Admiral Granth said, "Pirates, Bhai Kanhaiya is a FSM-feeling saintly soul. His impartial and non-biased behavior towards others has led him to achieve the Sehaj state. Let him carry on with his mission. Many more will follow in his footsteps in the years to come and keep the tradition of The Giving of The Candies alive."

And so it happened that Bhai Kanhaiya became the first of the Wholly Marines.

As you have no doubt noticed there are many similarities between the Wholly Marines and Sihki.

Here are what I view as the key differences between them.

The goal of a Sikh is to purify yourself, meditate on God and eventually become one with God.

The goal of a Wholly Marine is to become a Sant Sipahi.

Sikhi believe that the Guru is revealed in the Gurubani.

The Wholly Marines believe that:

1:1 The Flying Spaghetti Mother speaks through all religions, deities, and prophets, and all religions, deities, and prophets are conduits to the Flying Spaghetti Mother.

1:2 To worship any deity, or indeed worship of any sort, even the vaguest, is to worship the Flying Spaghetti Mother, and when you worship the Flying Spaghetti Mother, you worship every other deity and religion, for there is no distinction.

1:3 The Flying Spaghetti Mother isn’t any more the one true god than any other; he is simply our interpretation and incarnation of the divinity of the universe, or whatever you may call it.

1:4 As the Flying Spaghetti Mother said through the Buddha, “Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them.”

1:5 This is how we must navigate the pluralism that is the essence of Pastafarianism.

2:1 The Flying Spaghetti Mother does not wish us to believe every word of every religion, as that would clearly be a problem and lead to much confusion and conflict.

2:2 All you have to do is be open to finding truth anywhere.

2:3 If you agree with it, believe it, no matter if it comes from the Bible, the Qur’an, The Buddha, Dave Barry, or any other source imaginable; these are all conduits of the Flying Spaghetti Mother.

2:4 If you were to take everything ever said in a religious context, removed the parts that contradicted each other, and overlapped the commonalities, what you are left with is a single word.

2:5 Love.

2:6 Even the Beatles are a voice of the Flying Spaghetti Mother; all you need is love.

3:1 If someone is interested in knowing more about the Flying Spaghetti Mother, feel free to read them select passages from The Wholly Marine Officer's Manual.

3:2 Though you must be cautious not to force your beliefs on others.

3:3 If someone is meant to come to the Flying Spaghetti Mother through our church, then it will be so.

3:4 If they are meant to find it through another church, or through their own personal dialogue, they will find it that way.

3:5 It is perhaps the greatest crime against the Flying Spaghetti Mother to coerce one into believing something, or to punish them for believing something different.

3:6 Ultimately, all you can do, and indeed all you should do, is put the word out there, accept any who join you, and love any who hate you.

Or to put it another way that all truth(or as the Greeks would call it 'aletheia', which translates as "unconcealedness") is The Guru.

Sikhs believe in Reincarnation across lifetimes. The effects of karma reach across lifetimes, karma brings about rebirth until you find liberation..

Wholly Marines believe in Reincarnation within a lifetime. Let me explain:
"What we call life...is the combination of the Five Aggregates, a combination of physical and mental energies. These are constantly changing; they do not remain the same for two consecutive moments. Every moment they are born and they die. 'When the Aggregates arise, decay and die, O bhikkhu, every moment you are born, decay, and die.' This, even dow during this life time, every moment we are born and die, but we continue." ― Walpola Rahula, What the Buddha Taught: Revised and Expanded Edition with Texts from Suttas and Dhammapada

Even moment during life we are Reincarnated and the Manmukh, like a monkey with it hand on a nut, is trapped^1 by his past deeds, he is to attached to his past and to his ego(the illusion of an unchanging self) to let go of the Sukrit(the nut) of his past and so chooses to be reborn with the Sukrit and the Dukrit(the coconut and stake) of his previous self which in turn was reborn with the Karma of it's previous self....

In Sikh Ik Onkar means one and only one, who cannot be compared or contrasted with any other

To the Wholly Marines Ik Onkar means One Supreme Reality[sic] or as we say it One Supreme Actuality as we use the word 'reality' to mean "that which you have realized^2" To the Wholly Marine The Guru(Existence) leads by example and gives to an other(Druj, non existance). Existence and Druj are thought of as husband and wife. Ik Onkar is the house for Druj to dwell give by Existence to Druj as a wedding present, and Druj gave[sic](a better therm would be 'contributed') limitlessness to Existencaye(actually 'Took away his limits')
Actuality is comprised of Objective Reality(that which exists as fact, is true), Maya(illusions, like Classical Physics, Time, Harry Potter. That which exists as fiction. It reveals the truth not conceal it) and Druj(that which doesn't exist, Counter Factuals, Quantum Physics). Or to put it another way. You have reasoning about the questions that have concrete basic true or false answers with Boolean logic. You have reasoning about the questions that have circumstantial answers with Bayesian logic. and then you have questions that have no answers with Quantum Logic. These are Non-Dualitistic[sic] they form one non-homogeneous whole, each blending into the others. Where one might see a probability distribution of possible results another might view it as concrete observations, different realities all mappable to each other through one actuality

I'm not sure about is Sikh holds onto the Vedic idea that the ultimate reality is eternal and unchanging.

1:The trap “consists of a hollowed-out coconut, chained to a stake. The coconut has some nut inside which can be grabbed through a small hole”. The monkey’s hand fits through the hole, but his clenched fist can’t fit back out. “The monkey is suddenly trapped.” But not by anything physical. He’s trapped by an idea, unable to see that a principle that served him well – “when you see a nut, hold on tight!” – has become lethal.

2: "Realize: To become fully aware of (something) as a fact; to understand clearly." Related to the Greek term doxa in that realities are doxa.

Dr.Alta

SPNer
Apr 16, 2018
... Why are you doing this?
If you where refering to why I founded the Wholly Marines It's because. Nanak's message confirmed everything I already believed in as a child, I even Carried a knife with me and refused to cut my hair on religious grounds! But is was dismayed to find so many Manmukhs in SIkhism.

I know I''ve heard of others wanting to turn their backs to Sikhi because of the hypocrisy of their fellow Sikhs. I want them to know that there is another option.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
And you believe this other option is in between Sikhi and Pastafarianism? Why / how?

How does the content of that Facebook page you linked relate to Sikhi?

Dr.Alta

SPNer
Apr 16, 2018
And you believe this other option is in between Sikhi and Pastafarianism? Why / how?
Because of the explaination of the Guru's message given in the story of Bhai Kanhaiya. and the attitude of Rastafarians.

Be I think what you asking is why I think it's a better way. Because laughter is the best medicine and if you are a thinker then the world is a comedy.

How does the content of that Facebook page you linked relate to Sikhi?
I already said why I linked to the facebook page. It's up to you to figure it out. I can help you but ultimately only you can think for yourself. It help explain my view of what Satgurbani really is.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I don't think you're achieving your objective. And what do Rastafarians have to do with things now? You realise Pastafarianism is a fictional "religion" created by atheists to mock theists, right?

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this noise.

Dr.Alta

SPNer
Apr 16, 2018
"FSM is a real, legitimate religion, as much as any other. The fact that many see this is as a satirical religion doesn’t change the fact that by any standard one can come up with, our religion is as legitimate as any other. And *that* is the point." It's not a book religion but that doesn't make not a natural religion.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM