• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Day I Had A Tryst With God

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The day I had a tryst with God - innervoice@hindustantimes.com

That day I shook hands with God.

On a cold winter morning as I was lying in the operation theatre in a dimly-lit room, I tried to remain neutral. I had realised that negative thoughts did nothing to help the human body.

In fact, medically, such a state of mind is extremely harmful in the sense that the body releases certain hormones which obstruct the process of healing. But it is extremely difficult to remain positive after perpetually difficult exposures in life. So, I adopted the middle path of being neutral. If the present process works, fine; if it doesn't, I shall cross the bridge as and when it comes.

At that point I noticed a team of people near me setting up the structure of the operation process ahead. My mind was absolutely blank for a few seconds then. Just then I saw him enter the OT and speak to the team covering me on all sides. In a few minutes everyone left except him. Just before he was to start his work, he came to me and asked me how I was feeling. I nodded and spontaneously my hand reached out towards him, and he caught it with both his hands. Before I could say anything, he said, "have faith, it would work out fine."

Within those fractions of seconds when we were holding hands with eye contact, the tremendous power of healing exchanged hands.

Those seconds remain immortalised in my subconscious mind, which resulted in a few things changing forever thereafter. In retrospect, I firmly believe that in that one instant my never-ending pain and agony made way for newer happiness, joy and hope. Few people in this world have the ability to irrevocably change the life of others. I just met one such person that morning.

To all those facing adverse and difficult times, I have just one thing to say. Hang on a little more. Help will come your way, even if a little late.

All that you need to do is to be optimistic and determined.

Forwarded by forum member harbhansj24 ji by private email message.
:welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I have had some hardship in my life. I became very angry and decided to leave all things Sikh behind me. I have made almost ever mistake that a human being can make. Often these were not even mistakes, they were on-purposes. I chopped off my hair, I threw away my kakkars. I smoked, I drank, I tried to eat halal meat. I married a Christian. I did everything I knew to get rid of my Amrit. I turned my back on everything I knew to be good.

Then one day, I met a sad, demented, old Sikh man acting irrationally and endangering himself in the parking lot of my apartment building. Some basic decency still in me forced me to help the crazy old man and that was the beginning of my return. The story is in my personal blog, sometimes -2, post named Baba ji. sometimes - 2: Baba Ji

God shows up at odd times in odd ways. (And, of course, if we remember who we really are, we know that any separation from God - by whatever name - is only apparent.)

Vaheguru!

Chardi kala!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM