• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Taking One Liners Out Of Context From Gurbani To Allow Intellectual Independence?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
thats the funny thing...(and i'm actually chuckling a little here)
its always harry ji that refers to it as Vedic...i don;t ever recall anyone else doing it... :)

well spoken Harkiran ji! :)
Chazji, try actually reading posts instead of skimming them and you will see that Originalji has made this reference, if you wish I can read some of the posts and outline the relevant bits in pink to make it easier for you,

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
because he's not interested in 'learning', for him, he thinks he already 'knows'...so he only wants you you to come back with something so as to tell you you're wrong...or to prove a point...

the reference for unlearning, relearning...is him telling you...you need to unlearn...and relearn what he thinks is the truth...

thats just the thing, I don't believe I already know, I am sorry I ask too many questions, maybe we should have a society where people like me are put in prison and people like you make the rules?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
err this is not so clear, not to me anyway, what are you saying sis?

To me it is saying...that when you die...physical death...You...the real You...the soul...will realize....oh shizzle...i'm still me...:).... now what....maybe i'll wander for a while...see whats what...maybe its time to continue my development and take birth as a 'Sue' or a 'David' lol

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chazji, try actually reading posts instead of skimming them and you will see that Originalji has made this reference, if you wish I can read some of the posts and outline the relevant bits in pink to make it easier for you,

pink is perfect...i set the kitchen under unit LED lights to pink yesteday..wife hates it, i think it looks pretty cool...
Philips Hue...check it out sometime my fellow I.T Professional...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
To me it is saying...that when you die...physical death...You...the real You...the soul...will realize....oh shizzle...i'm still me...:).... now what....maybe i'll wander for a while...see whats what...maybe its time to continue my development and take birth as a 'Sue' or a 'David' lol

that does not make any sense no matter how you spin it, I have never ever met anyone who could recollect a previous life, some say such people exist, and stories do the rounds, but on the whole, most people have no recollection of a previous life, so why would this soul, which at this point has full recollection, take birth a someone else to continue development when the very grounding for any development would be some recollection, otherwise its just groundhog day, one could spend eternity learning the same lesson again, and again, and again. fun.....

Please try and keep some consistency with the theories, try and see where they pan out,

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
pink is perfect...i set the kitchen under unit LED lights to pink yesteday..wife hates it, i think it looks pretty cool...
Philips Hue...check it out sometime my fellow I.T Professional...

I would rather you just read the thread fully instead of making wild accusations

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
thats just the thing, I don't believe I already know, I am sorry I ask too many questions, maybe we should have a society where people like me are put in prison and people like you make the rules?

i don;t know everything as well...

its kind of like, the more i know, the more there is to find out

i'm not making any rules or wish to imprison your beliefs, thoughts and ideas...not interested...

i'm only passionate about this stuff because i realized its freakin true :) we are brothers for eternity mate....

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
that does not make any sense no matter how you spin it, I have never ever met anyone who could recollect a previous life, some say such people exist, and stories do the rounds, but on the whole, most people have no recollection of a previous life, so why would this soul, which at this point has full recollection, take birth a someone else to continue development when the very grounding for any development would be some recollection, otherwise its just groundhog day, one could spend eternity learning the same lesson again, and again, and again. fun.....

Please try and keep some consistency with the theories, try and see where they pan out,

in my opinion there is always some recollection...why is one person scared of spiders, and another isn't...why does one person fall apart at the very sign of difficulty whereas another person just takes it in, finds a solution to the situation...

yes, some of it would be due to what has occurred in this life...but i believe some of it is from past experiences of you, the soul...the evolution of you, through countless experiences...

the point, in my opinion would be that you change as a person through the experiences, and not actually want to know what those experiences have been...otherwise you'll just spend you're whole life as some people do (who claim to recollect) searching for their past family, houses etc...that would be moving backwards...when the point again in my opinion is to evolve and move forward as a better person, as a purer brighter soul...

oh and....i don;t think i've ever met anyone that recollected their past life...have read many stories in my 'research' days of the unexplained domain...but then SGGS Ji, said i can experience the unexplained myself...so that's where i am...starting to realize what i read in it, is freaking true...

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
i don;t know everything as well...

its kind of like, the more i know, the more there is to find out

i'm not making any rules or wish to imprison your beliefs, thoughts and ideas...not interested...

i'm only passionate about this stuff because i realized its freakin true :) we are brothers for eternity mate....
be as passionate as you wish, spare the rest of us, some of us were not mean't to be brothers, I think there is a place in Sikhism for lone wolves.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
in my opinion there is always some recollection..

yes but is just your opinion, in my opinion, we are all surface talking whilst the real us never gets to see the light of day, but then that is only my opinion
why is one person scared of spiders, and another isn't...why does one person fall apart at the very sign of difficulty whereas another person just takes it in, finds a solution to the situation...
because in a previous life........, well of if that works for you, go with it, but it is not word is it?
yes, some of it would be due to what has occurred in this life...but i believe some of it is from past experiences of you, the soul...the evolution of you, through countless experiences...
makes sense, get another life, and the only thing you remember is that a spider bit you in a previous one, pity you cannot remember anything actually worth remembering

the point, in my opinion would be that you change as a person through the experiences, and not actually want to know what those experiences have been...otherwise you'll just spend you're whole life as some people do (who claim to recollect) searching for their past family, houses etc...that would be moving backwards...when the point again in my opinion is to evolve and move forward as a better person, as a purer brighter soul...

ok well it is your opinion

oh and....i don;t think i've ever met anyone that recollected their past life...have read many stories in my 'research' days of the unexplained domain...but then SGGS Ji, said i can experience the unexplained myself...so that's where i am...starting to realize what i read in it, is freaking true...

again, I am hugely pleased you are realizing it, please allow others to realise their own reality in their own way as you have been allowed to, your reality is real to you for sure, but it can only be one of many realities, no?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
yes but is just your opinion, in my opinion, we are all surface talking whilst the real us never gets to see the light of day, but then that is only my opinion

yup, just opinions...but i'm basing my opinion on what i experience through my Simran...so i know 100% that 'me' will continue beyond my physical existence here...so i have no reason to doubt that i have not lived 'physically' before...or will do again.

because in a previous life........, well of if that works for you, go with it, but it is not word is it?

nope, its not word...believe what you like...i'm just going again...with my personal experience thus far

makes sense, get another life, and the only thing you remember is that a spider bit you in a previous one, pity you cannot remember anything actually worth remembering

who said anything about remembering being bit my a spider...
its just that some people find they're a certain way and deal with situations the way they do, without really knowing why...in my opinion...underneath all that is experience and evolution...of soul in this life and whatever before...

again, I am hugely pleased you are realizing it, please allow others to realise their own reality in their own way as you have been allowed to, your reality is real to you for sure, but it can only be one of many realities, no?

i'm not stopping you from doing what you want lol...
where discussing topics...i put in my little input...that's all

one of many realities? dude, the feeling i get...there is unlimited posibility...unlimited...
but one creator....one source...the ik...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
yup, just opinions...but i'm basing my opinion on what i experience through my Simran...so i know 100% that 'me' will continue beyond my physical existence here...so i have no reason to doubt that i have not lived 'physically' before...or will do again.
I doubt it, that's my opinion

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM