• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
Re: SPN Administrator, Narayanjot Kaur, Passes Away...

So sorry to hear the sad news. She was in my thoughts as I went to sleep, and when I woke up this morning. Although I did not know her personally, I have had the pleasure of interacting with her on this forum. Thanks to Inderjeet Kaur ji I got to know another side of her, through her love of the animals that appear in gurbani. This forum is very much like a family and I can see that she was like a big sister to many here. I will never forget that she welcomed me to this forum and made me feel at home. God bless Narayanjot Kaur ji.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Indeed sad news and may we recognize her spirit and soul in ways positive. Each of us is part of the light of our Guru jis, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the people and everything living or otherwise we come across. We tend to classify ourselves as me. If you start taking out bits of others out of you, you will soon come to a void where nothing is left in the "me" shell.

Let us continue to cherish the light and part that spnadmin ji became of us. You will soon realize that she never passed away simply decided to stop working by herself and passed on the torch to others and the so fortunate. Her positives will last me a life time till my "me" also disappears physically.
Creator and creation are a continuity. We sometimes think it is disjointed or discontinuous. I would always remember and cherish and try to be as though she is still among us always.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2007
London

A seed doesn't just grow into a beautiful strong tree without ensuring the correct environment, food, nurture on a consistent basis. I thank spnadmin ji for creating the seed of SPN and then cultivating it with such love to produce such an inspiring forum which has helped many and no doubt the legacy will continue into the future, dispelling the fog with style.

SPN is a place I can visit anytime anyplace in any state of mind and feel at home, thank you Narayanjyot Kaur Ji for making us part of your journey.

May Narayanjyot Kaur Ji's legacy grow stronger and her family find the strength to deal with this difficult time.

I wonder if we could make a SPN logo in memory of Narayanjyot Kaur? She is definitely an inspiration :wah:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
I cannot even begin to describe how much of an effect on my life Narayanjot ji had on my life. She was a mentor, a friend, a tutor and so much more. She has made me a better person and taught me so much about life and Sikhi. I hope her final days were in peace and not in too much pain. I am glad she is at rest but will miss her terribly. All the best to the family and thank you to SPN for preserving her ideas here.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Feeling the loss of a person who made such a huge difference in my life as a Sikh...as a human being...without even having met in person...and living continents and oceans apart..a person who deeply touched my soul at depths i never imagined existed.....Good Bye Narayanjyot kaur Ji..you have fought the good fight well..SPN and all of us have suffered an irreplaceable loss today...but you will continue to shine as brightly as the Lighthouse on a Solid Bedrock and guide us through your messages, articles, albums on SPN. Narayanjyot Kaur aka Antonia D Onfrio Pennsylvannia USA. Our deepest condolences to her family all over the world...

Oprativ8

SPNer
May 28, 2013
Our beloved sister, Narayanjot Kaur [spnadmin], is gravely ill in hospice. Both she and her family are in great need of love and support from all of you. Please keep all of them in your prayers and your positive thoughts.

She has been suffering for several years with a type of blood cancer and has put up an unbelievable fight, remaining on duty here at SPN through several courses of chemotherapy. She has shown great courage working to keep this forum both open and clean. Your prayers are one way you can say "Thank you."

If you know her only as a forum moderator, I urge you to get a different perspective by visiting her albums about the various animals in Gurbani.

My personal favourite is The Birds of Gurbani. I believe it best reveals the poetry in her soul and the love of Guru ji in her heart.

A short note by Naryanajot ji's husband on Apr 30, 2014:

I wish to thank all of you here at SPN for the love and support you have shown my wife Narayanjot Kaur over the years. Being an admin on this forum was an avocation for her. I deeply regret that I have not logged in sooner to get to know this aspect of my wife's life. Thank you too, Nanine and Inderjeet Kaur and all of you who have posted in this thread for your beautiful words. Jim.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
Today I had the first ever glimpse of the great lady. Nobody will ever believe that this lady was the brain behind the controls of a Sikhi web site and that she had such an in-depth knowledge of the Sikhism that she could even fine tune the posts of Sikh scholars.

My hats off to her noble soul. We all at SPN must carry forward the legacy left behind by her by bringing the truth about Sikhism to the world.

Gurfateh.:angryadminsingh:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Today I had the first ever glimpse of the great lady. Nobody will ever believe that this lady was the brain behind the controls of a Sikhi web site and that she had such an in-depth knowledge of the Sikhism that she could even fine tune the posts of Sikh scholars.

My hats off to her noble soul. We all at SPN must carry forward the legacy left behind by her by bringing the truth about Sikhism to the world.

Gurfateh.:angryadminsingh:

Even in times of sadness, I have always found humour to be a great help, NK left an imprint on all of us that will live forever, she will live forever through this forum and what it stands for, I am glad she is out of pain.

When I first wrote to her, many years ago, I had no idea she was a woman, my mental picture of SPNADMIN was some old bearded Sikh, with a huge white beard, so after my complete surprise, I think I wrote back, your a woman???? I changed my mental image to a younger Sikh punjabi woman, maybe the same age as my mum, then I found out she was not punjabi, which shocked me even more, and then I found out she was actually Italian, and throughout all this, I would just dig myself a deeper and deeper hole writing to her, and making all the wrong assumptions about what sort of person she actually was. She was a remarkable unique woman, and even now I still post expecting a mail telling me that it made her laugh, I know we all miss her enormously

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Even in times of sadness, I have always found humour to be a great help, NK left an imprint on all of us that will live forever, she will live forever through this forum and what it stands for, I am glad she is out of pain.

When I first wrote to her, many years ago, I had no idea she was a woman, my mental picture of SPNADMIN was some old bearded Sikh, with a huge white beard, so after my complete surprise, I think I wrote back, your a woman???? I changed my mental image to a younger Sikh punjabi woman, maybe the same age as my mum, then I found out she was not punjabi, which shocked me even more, and then I found out she was actually Italian, and throughout all this, I would just dig myself a deeper and deeper hole writing to her, and making all the wrong assumptions about what sort of person she actually was. She was a remarkable unique woman, and even now I still post expecting a mail telling me that it made her laugh, I know we all miss her enormously

Harry, I have no doubt that wherever she is now, she is deeply amused at all this fuss. I think my relationship with her was unique amongst those here at SPN; we were both incredibly stubborn women living with serious illness, both of us deeply loving Sikhi and Guruji - and agreeing on little else. Our arguments - and they were many - were just between the two of us and it will so remain, sweet, tough, private memories.

I, too, am happy that all that pain is behind her. I grieve not for her. She's just fine, I have no doubt. I grieve for those of us left with a hole in our lives, most especially her husband and sister and the rest of her family.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sometimes we are amiss to note how fortunate we have been and are. Our spnadmin was a presence so cherishing.

The following extracted from Funeral Home public obituary page if it provides some highlights and accomplishments of our dear departed sister,

[/FONT]
Obituary
STAR3.GIF
STAR3.GIF
STAR3.GIF
STAR3.GIF

The Ute Indian prayer asks mother Earth to teach us suffering, as old stones suffer with memory. To teach us freedom, as the eagle which soars in the sky; and to teach us renewal as the seed, which rises in the spring. Dr. Antonia (NarayanJot Kaur) D'Onofrio had taught us to have looked for the best in others and to have given the best of yourself. On Monday April 28, 2014, Dr. D'Onofrio had taught us acceptance, just as the leaves which die in the fall, when she had passed away at the age of 67, after a long battle at Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse in Philadelphia.

Dr. D'Onofrio was born in Philadelphia and had been a resident of Chester, where she near the campus of Widener University, for the past 36 years. She had completed her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Pennsylvania and received her Master of Education and Doctorate of Philosophy at Temple University.

Professor D'Onofrio had been a faculty member of Widener University since 1978 and had become a full time lecturer in 1980, a Senior Lecturer in 1982 and Assistant Professor in 1984. Dr. D'Onofrio was promoted to Associate Professor in 1989 and to Professor in 1999.

Dr. D'Onofrio had taught at all levels. Early in her career she had taught elementary school in the Philadelphia Public Schools and also at the higher education baccalaureate, Masters and Doctoral levels. She was a pioneer in the use of active-learning classroom techniques and web based instruction who had an area of expertise in educational psychology and educational research. Dr. D'Onofrio had been published and presented extensively in the areas of; de-institutionalization and rehabilitation of the intellectually disabled, dissertation supervision, art education, teacher evaluation and planning in higher education.

Dr. D'Onofrio had been a dedicated Widener Faculty Member and had received the Outstanding Teacher Award from the School of Human Service Professions in 1999 and was selected for the prestigious Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award in 2001. Dr. D'onofrio had been recognized by Empire in the "Who's Who of Women in education" in 2005-2006. She had held positions at Widener as the Faculty Chair, Director of Graduate Education and had been the acting Director of the Center of education. She was the Director of Evaluation Research and Coordinator of the doctoral program in Education and had served Widener on the Strategic Planning Committee, Academic Affairs, Budget and Planning Assessment, and the Grants and Awards Committees, among others.

"Toni" had held her faith dear and had been a contributing part of Sikhism where she was regarded as Reverend, well known as Narayanjot Kaur and had been a Super Administrator of www.sikhphilosophy.net. "Toni" will be fondly remembered as extraordinarily talented who was a master of all pursuits. At home, she was an avid gardener and master chef and enjoyed studying the American southwest. She fluently spoke French, Italian, Punjabi, Latin and Spanish and had collected African masks. "Toni" had left the world better; she had appreciated Earth's beauty and not failed to express it.

Dr. D'Onofrio" is the daughter of Sarah & the late Armand D'onofrio. She is survived by her husband James de Geus and is the sister of Michael, Mark and Ann D'Onofrio.

Relatives, friends, colleagues and students are invited to join the D'Onofrio family to remember "Toni", celebrate life & renewal through faith and pay tribute to a daughter, wife, friend and inspiration to all on Friday morning between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at Boyd-Horrox Life Celebration Home 200 W. Germantown Pike Norristown. The time honored tradition of reuniting those we love with nature will be held privately. To share loving memories please click the guestbook tab below. As an expression of sympathy and in lieu of flowers, donations can be made to www.forgottencats.org

Life Celebration Script
Boyd - Horrox Life Celebration Home
Dennis C. McGee, Jr., CFSP
200 W. Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
Office: 610-277-7000
Fax: 610-277-0705
boydhorrox@lifecelebration.com
Add your thoughts, prayers or a condolence to Antonia's guestbook.

Life Celebration
Friday, May 02
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Boyd-Horrox Funeral Home
200 West Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA
Sat Sri Akal

Nov 23, 2010
How very sad to hear.
My wife and I just returned from India where we received Amrit. The input from this site and in particular from Spadmin ji helped us to make this decisión. My life has been changed for the better. I always enjoyed her comments ,always both intelligent and humorous.
Thank you to whoever made the icon. She was truly a lovely women in every way.

Sep 27, 2008
England
Such a big loss for us all here on SPN, but a treasure of memory. The last few weeks i used to pop in here but always wondered where is Narayanjot Ji not knowing how ill she was. This news was very shocking for me & it has took me some time to write these few words. Narayanjot was like a big sister for me & always gave me a clip around the ear everytime i stepped out of line. She certainly showed me ways to understand which i would not have done on my own. SPN will not be the same without our Narayanjot Ji. My regards go out to her family & all my brothers & sisters here on SPN. I feel a bit better after seeing our Narayanjot Ji's picture as a icon, it is a beautiful picture with a beautiful soul.

Aisha

SPNer
Oct 12, 2012
This is heart breaking news. Admin ji was the heart and soul of this forum. I've never been a regular poster on this board, but I've lurked on here quite a bit and have learned more about Sikhi here in such a short amount of time than I would have in an entire lifetime had SPN not existed. Being on this forum has literally been a life-changing experience for me and many others and we owe it all to the dedication Naryanjot ji had in keeping this place running smoothly. Insha'Allah, her soul rests in eternal peace and she is united with her beloved Waheguru.

Ameen, and Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM