• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Our beloved sister, Narayanjot Kaur [spnadmin], is gravely ill in hospice. Both she and her family are in great need of love and support from all of you. Please keep all of them in your prayers and your positive thoughts.

She has been suffering for several years with a type of blood cancer and has put up an unbelievable fight, remaining on duty here at SPN through several courses of chemotherapy. She has shown great courage working to keep this forum both open and clean. Your prayers are one way you can say "Thank you."

If you know her only as a forum moderator, I urge you to get a different perspective by visiting her albums about the various animals in Gurbani.

My personal favourite is The Birds of Gurbani. I believe it best reveals the poetry in her soul and the love of Guru ji in her heart.

A sad update posted by Naryanajot ji's sister on Apr 28, 2014:

Reading through Inderjeet Kaur's announcement and everyone's comments, I am deeply moved by your regard, respect, and love for my sister Narayanjot Kaur. That you include us, her family, in your prayers at this time has touched me deeply. I regret to inform all of you, that my sister has passed away early this morning (Monday, 28 April 2014) after a brave battle against an aggressive form of cancer. May her soul shoot straight for home for she was walking the way of the Divine until the very end. All of you meant so much to her. You gave depth and meaning to her life. You were all deeply loved. Thank you. Nanina

Sign the Guestbook at The Online Obituary of Narayanjot Kaur Ji by clicking here...

Update: by her Sister Nanine d’Onofrio Ji

“ …. her funeral was beautiful. Five Sikh gentleman came to the service. One sang the Kirtan Sohila and a second translated it for us. They prayed the Ardas and read and translated the Hukamnama for that day.’

Attachments

• peacerose bird.png
    peacerose bird.png
    136.3 KB · Reads: 348
  • narayanjot-kaur-1.jpg
    narayanjot-kaur-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Reads: 466
Last edited by a moderator:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Re: SPN Administrator, Narayanjot Kaur, Is Gravely Ill

She helped me in many ways on my journey into Sikhi over the last few years. We've butted heads a few times on subjects but I have always had utmost respect and admiration to her and she was always there willing to answer my questions.

I am so deeply saddened to hear this and will do Ardas for her. She and her family are in my thoughts at this time.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

What a wonderful, knowledgeable, articulate and wise person.

She has mentored me, guided me and encouraged me in matters small and a bit bigger.

She lives in all of us in measures small or large. Souls flourish and grow together and to me this is reincarnation in action.

May god bless her and provide peace, comfort and better days.

Wishing our beloved spnadmin ji the greatest of love from all of us. The best wishes and comforts to cope in trying times for her family and all loved ones.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/01p4EpT9pVQ?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

Sat Sri Akal.:mundahug::mundahug::mundahug:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

When she first touched my life..she was Antonia...and by the time she had become Narayanjyot Kaur..she had made ME a much better SIKH than I was before I met Antonia....she touched my deepst soul in ways that i never imagined anyone ever could..she taught me the finer and deeper meanings of Gurbani i never imagined a non-sikh could see..she saw clearly and showed me even more clearly what i imagined was permanent dhund..fog....she caught up on Gurbani Grammar, Prof Sahib Singh , the various linguistic rivers that flow endlessly throughout the pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, she caught on to the various intrigues and conspiracies that have muddled Sikh history and Sikh Religion through various books, fake sakhis, so fast that it made Sherlock Holmes look childs play. She cut through the chase. She was blunt and straight forward when the need of the hour was to be blunt and straight forward..although as a rule of thumb she was kind -hearted and forgiving most of the time..as an Administrator of SPN she gave no quarter and asked for none. She was a stickler for Rules and SOP of SPN and thats why she will always be a shining beacon of light..a Light House founded on the strongest Rock that withstood the highest waves. SPN welcomed her as Antonia in early 2004-2005 and our initial communications were via Emails discussing various Sikh Forums...and then soon we both found that SPN would be our one and only First Love..and we would work day and night come what may to establish SPN as the Premier Sikh Forum that it has become today. Antonia- Narayanjyot Kaur-Spnadmin will forever remain as the bedrock on which SPN stand. My family has held a private family completed Akhand Paath for her health and got the second one completed this morning. We will always love her and respect her as family. Narayanjyot kaur Ji is one person who i can say with certainty and personal conviction who worked day and night to Amass the WEALTH of Naam that she can carry with her to Guru Jis darbar...unlike the wealth most of us amass that Guru Ji mentions in the quote below.

Jarnail Singh Gyani Malaysia.

Raat karan dhan sanchiyeah, Bhalkeh challan hoyeh...NANAK..naal na challeyee fir pachhtaava hoyeh...

You strive to amass wealth for the sake of a single night;
But you'll have to leave all of it behind when you depart in the morning!
O Nanak, you'll be left with regret when you realise that your efforts were all in vain.
Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Page 787

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowleopard

SPNer
Apr 28, 2014
Pennsylvania USA

Reading through Inderjeet Kaur's announcement and everyone's comments, I am deeply moved by your regard, respect, and love for my sister Narayanjot Kaur. That you include us, her family, in your prayers at this time has touched me deeply. I regret to inform all of you, that my sister has passed away early this morning (Monday, 28 April 2014) after a brave battle against an aggressive form of cancer. May her soul shoot straight for home for she was walking the way of the Divine until the very end. All of you meant so much to her. You gave depth and meaning to her life. You were all deeply loved. Thank you. Nanina

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006

Thank for you letting us know this sad news.

Narayanjot's dedication to the forum was admirable. It's true, she steered the forum firmly as an administrator, and also offered so much of her rich knowledge and insight, her replies were so thoughtful and thorough.

The energy she brought to learning about Gurbani was catching and she is an inspiration and encouragement for all in this, through her thousands of posts here at SPN.

Personally, she was like an auntieji to me, ready with advice about Sikhi and the world at large, who so often pondered the questions of Gurbani with me, and even privately coached me through some difficult situations with my real-life work. She opened my mind to different perspectives and really challenged me to develop as a Sikh in a down-to-earth sort of way.

I will always remember her and feel like I'm under her wing.

This is one of my favourite threads, which she started and contributed to, back in 2008: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19567-he-is.html

Much love to her memory and family. :40:

May 13, 2007

It is very sad ...... RIP Narayanjot Kaur ji.....Parmatma tuhadi atma nu shanti deve.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009

Oh No.............Worst news of the day. RIP dearest Spnadmin.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

My big sis helped me lift myself from an atheist intoxicated dumbo into the very beginnings of being a Sikh, she was probably the only true Sikh I have ever had the good fortune to interact with, although it is a cliche to say she will live on in this forum, it also happens to be true, I can still feel her here, she was the pinnacle of someone who could go through the worst miseries and the worst pain, yet still keep it all together and do what needed to be done, she was the very meaning of the word acceptance, she taught me what Hukam actually meant, but she is in all of us, she lives on in all of us, and we must all do our best to keep that light alive, to treasure and remember what she stood for and what she tried to pass on to us,

I wish I had met her, she was unique

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

Thank you Nanina ji. You all are always in our prayers...

It is really hard for me to appreciate her legacy in a few words... rather than be saddened by her departure, let us all celebrate the legacy of Narayanjot Kaur ji. :mundahug:

Narayanjot ji will always live within us through her memories and her legacy will always reflect through her thoughts and ideas shared with us over the years... Certainly, SPN will never be the same again without her... and the void she leaves behind would be simply too hard to fulfill...

The manner in which she was able to connect with so many people from varied cultural and religious backgrounds was simply amazing... a lot of us are going to miss her presence forever...

Her endeavor to always remain in Chardi Kala (High Spirits) and positive attitude, even during adverse times, will always remain a guiding beacon...

It has been quite an honor to be able to spend some quality time with her during all these years. We will always cherish the happier moments, we all were able to spent with her... And the fact that she is still with us through her thoughts and ideas, gives me immense courage to keep on carrying on nurturing her baby called SPN...

May Waheguru Always Bless Her...

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece

Narayanjyot Kaur Ji was one of my biggest supports in life; morally, spiritually and personally. I haven't had the honour of meeting her in person, but even a casual message from her was enough to help me when in doubt, uplift me when sad, and correct me when wrong.

Words fail me in describing what she meant to me, and her passing away is as big a loss for me as that of a family member and friend. Life will never be the same without her.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: