• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Soul Transfer To Another Body

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I don't know about travelling to another body - I don't think thats possible at all... however I know that Out Of Body Experiences and astral travel are very possible, in fact I know beyond all doubts. And it's not something that is 'supernatural' it's a natural ability.... I obviously can't prove it to anyone here, so I won't even try, and I know that most would dismiss it anyway. But it is real... and it is a very life changing experience when it happens.

And Ishna Ji...thinking outside the box for a second... could 'soul' and 'light' maybe possibly be one in the same?? Soul has been referred to as the light within in many contexts (not only Sikh).

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I don't know about travelling to another body - I don't think thats possible at all... however I know that Out Of Body Experiences and astral travel are very possible, in fact I know beyond all doubts. And it's not something that is 'supernatural' it's a natural ability.... I obviously can't prove it to anyone here, so I won't even try, and I know that most would dismiss it anyway. But it is real... and it is a very life changing experience when it happens.

And Ishna Ji...thinking outside the box for a second... could 'soul' and 'light' maybe possibly be one in the same?? Soul has been referred to as the light within in many contexts (not only Sikh).

most would dismiss....i am not one of them though :)

soul/light/consciousness/awareness/ - just words probably describing the same thing (us)...which in all honestly probably cannot be described...only experienced...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The ONE GURU is SHABAD....the one we still have as SGGS....as I said the SGGS shows us clearly that jyot..soul..blood..skin..mind..brains..memories..etc etc DONT APPLY to the SHABAD.

Guru nanak ji has already made this transparently clear in Siddh Ghosht Bani..MY GURU is SHABAD...!!! So its the SHABAD that was GURU even before Guru nanak ji was Born in 1469..and its still the GURU after 1708...and will be as long as SHABAD exists in the universe...

we make the mistake of treating human bodies..memories..brains..limbs...aangs..jyots..souls..as Guru when its the SHABAD.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
It's not the physical granth - it's the truth contained within it
It's not the messenger - it's the message itself.

OF COURSE Akasha Ji..its NEVER been the PHYSICAL....not Guru nanak jis BODY..or his slippers..or his puggh..or his thali..glass..plates..his bedsheets...whatever...its NOT the Paper..the INK..or "Scared LIMBS"..anngs etc etc...its NOT the Horses of Guru Gobind Singh ji.or his puggh or his swords..his daggers..etc etc...NO NO NO...the SHABAD is NOT PHYSICAL. PERIOD.

People who stress the PHYSICAL are the WANNABE babas,,wannabe living Gurus..who DESIRE they be WORSHIPED event though they are DEVOID of nay SHABAD..any divine message..are absolutely EMPTY VESSELS...But they have MILLIONS of worshipers..???:mundakhalsaflag::mundakhalsaflag::mundakhalsaflag::mundakhalsaflag::motherlylove:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
It's not even the message........?
They are quite simply the words that come from straight from Waheguru's mouth.

Besides the claimed '10 commandments'- (which we don't need to discuss!)
There is no other place or thing which has the direct words from Akaal purakh himself.

It's Dhur ki Bani.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
The message of His Word emanated from the 'Dhur' means antar atma - conscience sach de avaz jameer dee avaz and whose surat picks that avaz that awareness is called chelya. It is all the intellectual observation of Guru Nanak? And technique to listen this message, is illustrated/teaches in SGGS.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
definitely the words of Waheguru Himself...cannot be any other way
If you are interpretating meaning of 'dhur' as Gurbani descended upon Guru Nanak from seventh sky then I am sorry I don't agree with you. The treasure is within us - the God is within us, 'mat vich rattan jwahar manik' and as guru sahib says, 'ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ and guru sahib was able to relish that treasure - that truth and guru sahib was able to discover the manh. Likewise there is sabd relating with Sidh and Yogi, 'ਸਨਕਾਦਿਕ ਨਾਰਦ ਮੁਨਿ ਸੇਖਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਭੀ ਤਨ ਮਹਿ ਮਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਪੇਖਾ ॥੩॥ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਕੋਈ ਖੋਜਹੁ ਭਾਈ ॥ ਤਨ ਛੂਟੇ ਮਨੁ ਕਹਾ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੪॥ and as gurbani says, 'ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਨਹੀ ਆਵਨ ਜਾਨਾ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਗਇਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਨਾ ॥੬॥ Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 330 clearly dismisses movement of soul to another body. It is only the thought process which can be transmitted.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
If you are interpretating meaning of 'dhur' as Gurbani descended upon Guru Nanak from seventh sky then I am sorry I don't agree with you. The treasure is within us - the God is within us, 'mat vich rattan jwahar manik' and as guru sahib says, 'ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ and guru sahib was able to relish that treasure - that truth and guru sahib was able to discover the manh. Likewise there is sabd relating with Sidh and Yogi, 'ਸਨਕਾਦਿਕ ਨਾਰਦ ਮੁਨਿ ਸੇਖਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਭੀ ਤਨ ਮਹਿ ਮਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਪੇਖਾ ॥੩॥ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਕੋਈ ਖੋਜਹੁ ਭਾਈ ॥ ਤਨ ਛੂਟੇ ਮਨੁ ਕਹਾ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੪॥ and as gurbani says, 'ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਨਹੀ ਆਵਨ ਜਾਨਾ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਗਇਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਨਾ ॥੬॥ Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 330 clearly dismisses movement of soul to another body. It is only the thought process which can be transmitted.

i think He means, that Gurbani came direct from Waheguru, from Within Sri Guru Nanak....not externally, but within...

In the same way if by Guru Ji's grace our own ego is removed, then we will also be one with Waheguru and his will...and be tunes into this wisdom...

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
Sikhs are encouraged to look beyond duality. God is both the creator and the created. There is no distinction. Therefore all knowledge is divine revelation. It is the illusion of Maya that makes us perceive that certain things come from God, while other things do not. All is Him.

Sikhs are taught that God has no form. Therefore, with what mouth and with what voice were these religious texts revealed to man? This is an Abrahamic construct that Sikhs do not believe in. Today, claiming to hear the voice of God or an angel is grounds to label you a schizophrenic.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Sikhs are encouraged to look beyond duality. God is both the creator and the created. There is no distinction. Therefore all knowledge is divine revelation. It is the illusion of Maya that makes us perceive that certain things come from God, while other things do not. All is Him.

Sikhs are taught that God has no form. Therefore, with what mouth and with what voice were these religious texts revealed to man? This is an Abrahamic construct that Sikhs do not believe in. Today, claiming to hear the voice of God or an angel is grounds to label you a schizophrenic.

Sherdil ji,

do your thoughts require a mouth when they manifest in your mind? lol

on your other comment you mention there is no distinction between created (form) and the creator (formless) all is god...
but you then go onto say "Therefore, with what mouth and with what voice were these religious texts revealed to man?"

i think you are getting confused in contradictions...
Concerning all is God...yes of course all is God...but one is created (temporary - the illusion), beyond that is the permanent...our problem is putting all our faith in the temporary and forgetting the permanent...

Gurbani says countless times "When I have spoken, I spoke as You made me speak"
Whether this be a voice in the head, inspiration, intuition, just a gut feeling ...whatever it may be...it would come from within (where Gurbani says Waheguru resides...in all of us)

Gurbani says form the very beginning of time the 'unstruck sound current resounds night and day in each and every heart"....

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
I'm not sure if you are backtracking or intentionally being ambiguous. This is what you said in response to Lucky:

lucky said:
So are we saying that they are not the words from waheguru himself ?

chaz said:
definitely the words of Waheguru Himself...cannot be any other way
Would you agree then that the words we are writing on this forum are also from Waheguru?

In your reply to me you stated:
chaz said:
do your thoughts require a mouth when they manifest in your mind?
I'm not sure how this contradicts what I have said. All knowledge is divine revelation. Your thoughts and your actions come from The One.

chaz said:
on your other comment you mention there is no distinction between created (form) and the creator (formless) all is god...
but you then go onto say "Therefore, with what mouth and with what voice were these religious texts revealed to man?"

Concerning all is God...yes of course all is God...but one is created (temporary - the illusion), beyond that is the permanent...our problem is putting all our faith in the temporary and forgetting the permanent...

Whether this be a voice in the head, inspiration, intuition, just a gut feeling ...whatever it may be...it would come from within (where Gurbani says Waheguru resides...in all of us)
You just regurgitated my point. What is the issue here?

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012

I read Ang 330. So do you understand this to mean that there is only One Universal Soul and multiple minds?

That would certainly be a different theology than I have heard before. Interesting one, though....

AoG

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Sherdil Ji,

you wrote: Sikhs are taught that God has no form. Therefore, with what mouth and with what voice were these religious texts revealed to man? This is an Abrahamic construct that Sikhs do not believe in. Today, claiming to hear the voice of God or an angel is grounds to label you a schizophrenic.

I Wrote:

Originally Posted by chaz

Just because people say they hear the voice of God, doesn't mean they hear a voice saying "dude, whats life like these days"...

there are countless descriptions in Gurbani of hearing anhad shabad, of being inspired from within by Waheguru, or Experiencing Waheguru Deep within yourself....

maybe that's what people mean when they say "voice of God" ... or maybe they do hear an actual voice as well... who are we to say how God consciousness manifests...

in my opinion i would say there is a shabad within us all that if we move our consciousness to, will guide us to god consciousness....and i have no problems with calling it 'the voice of God'

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
Just because people say they hear the voice of God, doesn't mean they hear a voice saying "dude, whats life like these days"...

there are countless descriptions in Gurbani of hearing anhad shabad, of being inspired from within by Waheguru, or Experiencing Waheguru Deep within yourself....

maybe that's what people mean when they say "voice of God" ... or maybe they do hear an actual voice as well... who are we to say how God consciousness manifests...

in my opinion i would say there is a shabad within us all that if we move our consciousness to, will guide us to god consciousness....and i have no problems with calling it 'the voice of God'

Nah...your being dodgy haha. That's not what you originally said. You're changing your story cuz you've been put on the spot.

Anyways you dodged this question: Are the words we are writing on this forum also from Waheguru?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Nah...your being dodgy haha. That's not what you originally said. You're changing your story cuz you've been put on the spot.

Anyways you dodged this question: Are the words we are writing on this forum also from Waheguru?

all i did was copy and paste my message ji :) and then explained what that message meant..

there is no putting on the spot here ji...putting on spot and wanting to win an discussion serves no purpose other than puffing up ones Ego...i have been wrong many times and will continue to be wrong throughout my life..

But As Guru Ji says there is no right and wrong...just contemplation which gently guides us like a current in the water...

The words I write on this forum will be a mixture of feelings that come direct from my heart and some i right under Ego....

i can tell when it's under Ego, because it mentally drains me, and i feel 'irked' inside...

and that is what i need to get rid of through Naam Simran and interaction with my fellow human beings :)

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
The insults to intelligence by some of you is shocking.
my original comment was
They are quite simply the words that come straight from Waheguru's mouth

simply- means simple... as if explaining to a youngster !
Did i say anything about 7th sky and heavens and the words thundering down from the clouds ?

Japjisahib and sherdil have totally lost the plot and have nothing better than to poke at something and call it abrahamic.

Get this.............. the 'Unspoken words' still came straight from waheguru's mouth(mukh)!

does mukh= mouth ?
what is Gur-mukh ?
from whose mouth does one listen to in order to become gurmukh ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM