• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

So We Sikhs Want A Homeland?

Oct 29, 2010
Before we start looking for homeland and squander it like we already have done, lost about 4/5 of it - there is need to look for qualities of leadership required and likely candidates.

If we look at Dr. Subramanum Swamy Ji, what an excellent investigator, orator, economist and lawyer. He, was wanted by Indian government, came into the country fron USA during emergency (Mrs. Gandhi's) - walked into the lok sabah delivered a speech and went out of the country with no one with direction or control to hold him.

We have Dr. Phoolka Ji, who has done a lot of messy work for Sikhs, but cant deliver the KO punch or pull the draggers along.

We have Baba Balbir Singh above who is setting an example for the Sikhs but with very little impact on the masses.

I do not know how much leadership is available from Akal Takhat that might unite sikhs of all denominations and persuasions?

I seriously believe the work ethic of Sikhs is good to be able to contribute to a state of their own. Statistics of 2006-2007 from wikipedia places Punjab at 12th place and contributing 2.7% of Nation's GDP - per capita we are below average.
This standing needs to be improved before we can support a state as a viable proposition otherwise there are at least 12 other states who can demand the same.

If we are hardworking, I believe that, we like to improve our standing, possibly that is why there are so many of us abroad and doing well, we have teachings and guidance of our Gurus and Faith that second to none, our contribution to the armed forces were and possibly are still better than any other state, we are the bread basket of the country what is LACKING?

wth

SPNer
Jan 5, 2011
Who wants a seperate country???

Okay, this is my question to all you members who call yourselves Sikhs. Who actually here would like a seperate country ruled solely by Sikhs, like that of the Maharaja Ranjit empire?? who approves of such a country? or who does not??

i want to know your opinions, but without the slandering of other religions like for e.g Hindus or other historical individuals like Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale. Some of you members might call this land 'khalistan' or khalsa land, whatever WORD floats your boat, but it is a country run by Sikhs and Sikh rehat maryada as the law (like muslims have the sharia law).

Do you think something like this would work? or is it ridiculous to even think about?? Is the current state of india the kind of country you would like to live in and call your homeland or not??

No slandering or insults please, i just want to know your opnion on this idea, and if you like this idea of having a country run by Sikhs, how would it work?? laws? police? economy? :redturban::happysingh::blueturban::eek:rangesingh:

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Re: Who wants a seperate country???

Dear WTH Ji
Similar themed threads have been posted on this fine forum over the last few months and the same views are regurgitated and we end up going in the same circles
Perhaps you could search for some of those threads?
To get you started look for:
"So we Sikhs want a homeland" which I would suggest is fairly identical to this one
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/33201-so-we-sikhs-want-a-homeland.html
You can also look at "A country I have envisioned"
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjab/32353-a-country-that-i-have-envisioned.html
I hope you will find this helpful
:redturban:

wth

SPNer
Jan 5, 2011
Before we start looking for homeland and squander it like we already have done, lost about 4/5 of it - there is need to look for qualities of leadership required and likely candidates.

If we look at Dr. Subramanum Swamy Ji, what an excellent investigator, orator, economist and lawyer. He, was wanted by Indian government, came into the country fron USA during emergency (Mrs. Gandhi's) - walked into the lok sabah delivered a speech and went out of the country with no one with direction or control to hold him.

We have Dr. Phoolka Ji, who has done a lot of messy work for Sikhs, but cant deliver the KO punch or pull the draggers along.

We have Baba Balbir Singh above who is setting an example for the Sikhs but with very little impact on the masses.

I do not know how much leadership is available from Akal Takhat that might unite sikhs of all denominations and persuasions?

I seriously believe the work ethic of Sikhs is good to be able to contribute to a state of their own. Statistics of 2006-2007 from wikipedia places Punjab at 12th place and contributing 2.7% of Nation's GDP - per capita we are below average.
This standing needs to be improved before we can support a state as a viable proposition otherwise there are at least 12 other states who can demand the same.

If we are hardworking, I believe that, we like to improve our standing, possibly that is why there are so many of us abroad and doing well, we have teachings and guidance of our Gurus and Faith that second to none, our contribution to the armed forces were and possibly are still better than any other state, we are the bread basket of the country what is LACKING?

This is all good and golly, and there are mnay Sikhs out there who are leaders. But personally i see way too many leaders and not enough followers. If the majority of Sikhs truely wanted there homeland, they would have one. The fact however remains that Sikhs are not willing to follow or listen to whats going around them. They are happy living in there nice house with there wife making them roti on time after they come back from work. But what about the poverty, corruption and abuse other people endure (not just Sikhs) in countrys like India, the 'country of God'.

my question to any other Sikhs reading this post. If i said to you, that tomorow we would go and get a homeland for Sikhs, who would follow me and come with me?? answer truthfully. animatedkhanda1

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Conceptually separate or not does not matter if the following can be made available equally,

• Freedom and Independence of religion from majority influence
    • Exercising
    • Growth
    • Support
  • No threats to your,
    • History
    • Your institutions
    • Language
  • Transparent accoutabilities
    • Protection from Genocidal attempts
      • Physical
      • Cultural
    • Incidents of other violence
      • Physical
      • Verbal
      • Spiritual
  • Freedom rights
    • To speak, write/publish and express in any media
    • To associate without majority controls
      • Extended even for the peaceful search to secede or to grow Punjab beyond its current nothingness brought about by decades of mis-deeds and conspiracies of the majority
    • To own property anywhere in the country
    • To conduct business in Punjabi if so chosen in your area
    • To express openly without fear of retribution
      • Checks on media control against Sikhism and sikhs
    • To work, study, marry, raise families according to sikhism
Does it imply a separate country, I don't know! If we had a separate country of greater Punjab way back (pre 1947) would it have been possible to achieve the above, very likely.

List probably of first thoughts that come to mind.

Sat Sri Akal.peacesign

PS: Prognosis: Very very dire future for East Punjab (Punjab in India) and West Punjab (Punjab in Pakistan). In a nuclear war between India and Pakistan both Punjabs will be destroyed (sufis in West Punjab are a pain in the but for Islam) and Sikhs in Indian Punjab in similar state for India.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM