• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Singh Sahib Sant Singh Khalsa Ji's Translation Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Apr 24, 2010
Sat Shri Akaal Bhein Ji,

So I will repeat for everyone to use the following link to access Japu Ji Sahib and translations.

View "JapJiSahib"

If need to sign in, please use the Id: S G G S_Review@yahoo.ca (without any spaces between S G G S). You should not need any password.

Please take your time to read it critically and let me know if I am even on the right track. I get vision in my head, how things should be done, and run after it, without thinking whether it is practical. :happykudi:

So please be critical. Also remember, Prof Sahib Singh Ji's work will eventually be inserted within.

Thank you,
Rani

Oct 29, 2010
Well done Rani Ji,
I believe this direction helps to make life a lot easier for understanding banis.
There are so many versions where I have seen a whole page trying to give meanings of single words - you cant see wood from trees! Now at least you can look up a single word at various sites if it is not clear rather than trying to match pages and pages.
Bless you

vikramsingh

SPNer
Jan 28, 2011
Sat Sri Akal
The Guru Granth Sahib in Gurmukhi with line by line English translation and transliteration is available to purchase in the form of a 6 book set at www.granth.co.nr I'm not sure how long it will be available, but happily, no money is being made from the project. Unfortuanately, the price to buy the books are extremely high in order to cover printing costs. However, no extra charge whatsoever is added. The purpose of the book set is to give English speaking Sikh youth and other English speakers access to the beautiful and vast Sikh spiritual heritage. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
RANI VANCOUVER Ji,

It is certainly an appreciable effort if you have taken up the translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in English .
I may give you a small suggestion for your necessary consideration which may be of some help . If you can translate Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in English maintaining the form of the words as given in Gurmukhi Script of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji particularly with respect to various gramatical indications then this should be the most desireable translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I hope your deep interest and efforts can bring such translation into existence.it may be difficult but not impossible.

With best wishes

Prakash.S.Bagga

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sat Shri Akaal Bhein Ji,

So I will repeat for everyone to use the following link to access Japu Ji Sahib and translations.

View "JapJiSahib"

If need to sign in, please use the Id: S G G S_Review@yahoo.ca (without any spaces between S G G S). You should not need any password.

Please take your time to read it critically and let me know if I am even on the right track. I get vision in my head, how things should be done, and run after it, without thinking whether it is practical. :happykudi:

So please be critical. Also remember, Prof Sahib Singh Ji's work will eventually be inserted within.

Thank you,
Rani
rani_vancouver ji any progress or hurdles indication.

I had the same thoughts as you.

I can help.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
davinderdhanjal ji

Every since I began to scratch at translation, that dictionary has been a source of frustration to me. For those who read Punjabi, Guru Granth Darpan is much better because it gives both the word meanings, and the contexts and analogies one needs to understanding the meanings of the words -- in context, at many levels.

I btw do not have an answer all in all. One thing that has always helped me is to put translations side by side to see what lies at the root of a tuk. It takes time, but it is worth it.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: