• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Since when name suffix "inder" infiltrated Sikhi

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Old Sikh names used to be like Ajaib, Jujhar, Zorawar, Sher, Jassa, Ranjit etc. Nowhere in Sikh history we find names like Balwinder, Parminder, Gurwinder, Maninder and numerous other combinations, before these so called Royal family members of Patiala started using it. If I'm correct it was Raja Bhupinder, Amarinder etc.

Gurbani clearly states:

sahaNsar daan day indar ro-aa-i-aa.
Branded with a thousand marks of disgrace, Indra (Inder) cried in shame.

paras raam rovai ghar aa-i-aa.
Paras Raam returned home crying.

ajai so rovai bheekhi-aa khaa-ay.
Ajai cried and wept, when he was made to eat the manure he had given, pretending it was charity.

aisee dargeh milai sajaa-ay.
Such is the punishment received in the Court of the Lord.

rovai raam nikaalaa bha-i-aa.
Rama wept when he was sent into exile,

Gurbani is clear on status of "Inder". Inder is definitely not a synonym for Lord in Sikhi as has been popularized by brahmans.

There was an old thread somewhere on internet discussing this same issue which I could not find. Any input from our beloved members will be appreciated. Thanks.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
It's probably cultural.... Different cultures effects each other when they co-exists...
Jassa/Sher/Ranjit etc are not religious names bruh XD, they Came from the cultures of regions they belonged to.... Same is with other names...

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol, sometimes I wonder why don't people say (" Sikhs never used to wear wristwatches back in 1800s why do they wear them now") stuff XD

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Lol, sometimes I wonder why don't people say (" Sikhs never used to wear wristwatches back in 1800s why do they wear them now") stuff XD

It's probably cultural.... Different cultures effects each other when they co-exists...
Jassa/Sher/Ranjit etc are not religious names bruh XD, they Came from the cultures of regions they belonged to.... Same is with other names...

Sorry, but your answer is illogical and driving the issue off the point.

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Shocked to see most of these patiala "royals" have hinduised names and there is clear preference to "Inder"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Reads: 192

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
I agree , its more to do with common culture shared of that particular region.

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Guru Angad Ji, Guru Amar Das ji, Guru RAM Das Ji, Guru Arjan Ji ,Guru Har Rai, Guru HAR KRISHAN .These are hindunised names also..

My original question still stands. Bunch of anti-Sikh posters trying to twist the issue here👎 "A_Seeker"s posting history clearly shows he's defending India and justifying Sikh Genocide 1984 as a Congress' plan even though RSS was also involved and Rajiv Ghandi was given bumper victory by hindustanis. See attachment for his hate post. Link: Martial Race-Truth or a sinister Fallacy?

Admin needs to be more vigilant of these agents.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.8 KB · Reads: 166

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
My original question still stands. Bunch of anti-Sikh posters trying to twist the issue here

If our Gurus can have Hindu names ,Why cant Sikhs ??Whats there to get so annoyed .

"A_Seeker"s posting history clearly shows he's defending India and justifying Sikh Genocide 1984 as a Congress' plan even though RSS was also involved and Rajiv Ghandi was given bumper victory by hindustanis
When you pick & choose something out of context to target someone personally your bias & hatred becomes clear.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
My original question still stands. Bunch of anti-Sikh posters trying to twist the issue here👎 "A_Seeker"s posting history clearly shows he's defending India and justifying Sikh Genocide 1984 as a Congress' plan even though RSS was also involved and Rajiv Ghandi was given bumper victory by hindustanis. See attachment for his hate post. Link: Martial Race-Truth or a sinister Fallacy?

Admin needs to be more vigilant of these agents.
dude are you out of your senses ? lol what was that reply ?
Seeker's reply is soo true, He's just stating that Guru's also had Names according to the Cultures of the regions they were brought up in, Look at "HarKrishan" named by no other than the Seventh guru himself....
"Gobind Rai" Named by none other than Guru Teg bahadur himself
"Har Gobind" named by none other than Guru Arjan himself...
You cant even say that their parents were influenced by hindus and were lesser of a sikhs cus the people who named these were GURUS

Unless you're trying to put childish logic and spread Hateful content.........

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
in his upcoming posts, he'll probably Point out "Arab architecture in Middle East Gurudwaras or African Architecture in African Gurudwaras and Victorian in Western or British Gurudwaras" XD

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
and by the way, Rajputs hv been using "SINGH' wayyyyy earlier since 11th century or maybe even before that... Why did Guru Gobind Singh Used a HINDU Surname and Named all his children after it XD lol.... Your Question in this thread in Terribly invalid and you are using Gurbani by nit-picking the verses according to wherever they fit your ideology or suits your agenda....... ALWAYS QUESTION YOURSELF....

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: