• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Simran As Per Gurmat

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I will wait from you the Shabads from the SGGS, our only Guru that prove your claims above about Naam Simran so we can carry on with this interaction in order to learn as Sikhs. Thanks

Last edited:

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
I will wait for the Shabads from the SGGS, our only Guru that prove your claims above about Naam Simran so we can carry on with this interaction in order to learn as Sikhs. Thanks

Since you have contemplated Gurbani more than me why why not understand what si NAAM SIMRAN /Prabhu Simran/HAR ka Simran according to you as per Gurbani!!

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Let me once again clarify when we do repeat Gods Name with tongue and do not listen with ears then it is Parrot like chanting.It is like food prepared by hand and not eaten by mouth.If food is not taken the physical strength will diminish .The pronounce shabad or Gods Name is to be listened by the ear . As Guruji says

ਗਾਵੀਐ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਮਨਿ ਰਖੀਐ ਭਾਉ ॥
Gaaveeai Suneeai Man Rakheeai Bhaao ||

Normally when are thinking our energy flows in all directions but when we are repeating Gods name all energy starts to flow in one direction .So what happens is only Gods Name remains inside the mind and tremendous amount of energy is created and it helps us in spiritual awakening.
I read somewhere in the forum that "The pursuit of creator’s understanding, is the highest of all "
Very True that can happen only when we turn inwards with help of meditation.

Last edited:

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
These refined planes of existence [verses 34 - 37 japjisahib n many more] are not imaginations or some abstract theological conception, but actual levels of being which can be entered and explored by anyone who knows how to experience

These planes of existence cannot be felt or experienced mere by studying Granths,Scriptures etc. We have to move inwards to experience it, now the biggest barrier between is the mind . So many methods were developed to aid ones spiritual experiences .Using methods of meditation, naam simran,JAP etc are simply the kindergarten steps towards the Divine existence. Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not a philosophy, concepts, ideologies or belief systems which are to be studied and lived by but there are only methods to enhance your perception, in light of the fact that lone what you see is a reality for you.

Plz share your opnion

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Since you have contemplated Gurbani more than me why why not understand what si NAAM SIMRAN /Prabhu Simran/HAR ka Simran according to you as per Gurbani!!

If you re-read all the posts between us, you will notice where I disagreed with you and gave you the reasons why.
You are the one who disagreed with my view regarding the subject even many times jumping to conclusions on my behalf for some reason which is OK with me. During our interaction, I did ask you some questions which I never got the answers for.

You even admitted after reading other threads and concluded that we at SPN think differently about Jap, Naam, Simran etc.
Your initial query here was and I am paraphrasing it, to repeat the word Vaheguru or Har and you were inclined to use the latter. This little query of yours has become a very interesting thread for us two and many more, especially the silent ones. Ishna ji also participated in it.

When you respond to the questions asked by me, you will discover almost all your queries answered. If you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.and reciting i
Please add one more question to the list.
What is the difference between chanting and reciting in the subject we are talking about?

In one of your posts to Ishna ji, you said the following-
ਗਾਵੀਐ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਮਨਿ ਰਖੀਐ ਭਾਉ ॥
Gaaveeai Suneeai Man Rakheeai Bhaao ||

Normally when are thinking our energy flows in all directions but when we are repeating Gods name all energy starts to flow in one direction. So what happens is only Gods Name remains inside the mind and tremendous amount of energy is created and it helps us in spiritual awakening.
I read somewhere in the forum that "The pursuit of creator’s understanding, is the highest of all "
Very True that can happen only when we turn inwards with help of meditation.

I am sorry, I do not understand your explanation of the verse you wrote. Would you be kind enough to elaborate it for me? Thanks

For you to grasp how I understand the above verse (actually it is a couplet. Please post the whole couplet when we are discussing Gurbani when needed, otherwise the whole Shabad). Please check this out and share your thoughts- The Janeus We Wear

Thanks for starting a very interesting discussion through which all of us end up being winners.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
we are all different, unique in our abilities to perceive feelings, spirituality and experiences, there is no one size fits all, meditation does nothing for me, but I accept for some its nothing short of bliss,

I learn through being burned, some learn through inward travel, some through study, we are all different, the debate exists because we are all different, and that is not a bad thing, and neither is pointing at naked emperors.

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
I had earlier posted a shabad and you smartly linked it with Parrot chanting and brushed aside that kind of reply was not expected I would like you with your Gurmat experience to kindly give your ideas without commenting on what i think on this shabad:

ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ
भैरउ महला ५ ॥
Bẖairo mėhlā 5.
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਾਚ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲਹਹੁ
साच पदारथु गुरमुखि लहहु ॥
Sācẖ paḏārath gurmukẖ lahhu.
As Gurmukh, obtain the true wealth.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਸਹਹੁ ॥੧॥
प्रभ का भाणा सति करि सहहु ॥१॥
Parabẖ kā bẖāṇā saṯ kar sahhu. ||1||
Accept the Will of God as True. ||1||

ਜੀਵਤ ਜੀਵਤ ਜੀਵਤ ਰਹਹੁ
जीवत जीवत जीवत रहहु ॥
Jīvaṯ jīvaṯ jīvaṯ rahhu.
Live, live, live forever.

ਰਾਮ ਰਸਾਇਣੁ ਨਿਤ ਉਠਿ ਪੀਵਹੁ
राम रसाइणु नित उठि पीवहु ॥
Rām rasā▫iṇ niṯ uṯẖ pīvhu.
Rise early each day, and drink in the Nectar of the Lord.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਹੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
हरि हरि हरि हरि रसना कहहु ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Har har har har rasnā kahhu. ||1|| rahā▫o.
With your tongue, chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, Har. ||1||Pause||

ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਇਕ ਨਾਮਿ ਉਧਾਰੁ
कलिजुग महि इक नामि उधारु ॥
Kalijug mėh ik nām uḏẖār.
In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the One Name alone shall save you.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥੨॥੧੧॥
नानकु बोलै ब्रहम बीचारु ॥२॥११॥
Nānak bolai barahm bīcẖār. ||2||11||
Nanak speaks the wisdom of God. ||2||11||

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
If you re-read all the posts between us, you will notice where I disagreed with you and gave you the reasons why.
You are the one who disagreed with my view regarding the subject even many times jumping to conclusions on my behalf for some reason which is OK with me. During our interaction, I did ask you some questions which I never got the answers for.

You even admitted after reading other threads and concluded that we at SPN think differently about Jap, Naam, Simran etc.
Your initial query here was and I am paraphrasing it, to repeat the word Vaheguru or Har and you were inclined to use the latter. This little query of yours has become a very interesting thread for us two and many more, especially the silent ones. Ishna ji also participated in it.

When you respond to the questions asked by me, you will discover almost all your queries answered. If you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.and reciting i
Please add one more question to the list.
What is the difference between chanting and reciting in the subject we are talking about?

In one of your posts to Ishna ji, you said the following-

I am sorry, I do not understand your explanation of the verse you wrote. Would you be kind enough to elaborate it for me? Thanks

For you to grasp how I understand the above verse (actually it is a couplet. Please post the whole couplet when we are discussing Gurbani when needed, otherwise the whole Shabad). Please check this out and share your thoughts- The Janeus We Wear

Thanks for starting a very interesting discussion through which all of us end up being winners.

Yes I agree , ultimately we all are seekers ,By sharing /discussing ideas and thoughts we will learn and clear doubts .This is the reason i joined this forum.It will take time for me to understand the essence of this forum.till then the journey continues..
Regards

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

What is 10 th door,. And nine doors are exposed and 10th door is hidden and closed. Who can expose and open.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Surely we are over complicating the topic.. Simran surely means to recite naam and naam is defined by Sat.. So by simply speaking and acting truthfully is simran.. And if not then surely that is a prerequisite to any other type of simran ?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Surely we are over complicating the topic.. Simran surely means to recite naam and naam is defined by Sat.. So by simply speaking and acting truthfully is simran.. And if not then surely that is a prerequisite to any other type of simran ?

I'd add 'remember God' to your list as the cherry on top :kaurcarefree:

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I'd add 'remember God' to your list as the cherry on top :kaurcarefree:
I would say speaking the truth is doing that... Not fixating on abstract concepts of what is g
'god'.. I mean guru sahib really couldn't have spelt it out any simpler than Satnam..?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I would say speaking the truth is doing that... Not fixating on abstract concepts of what is g
'god'.. I mean guru sahib really couldn't have spelt it out any simpler than Satnam..?

what is the truth though, it is as simple as just being honest?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
what is the truth though, it is as simple as just being honest?
No but I think when we meditate on the concept of the truth we are forced to continually learn and to act honestly, equitably, ethically to the best of our knowledge..
Can't really ask for more than that ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM