• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Simran As Per Gurmat

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਆਮ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਖਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਪਦੇ ਨੂ ਜੁਬਾਨ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਦੁਰਾਹੇ ਗਏ ਕੋਈ ਖਾਸ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਤਕ ਸੀਮਤ ਕਰ ਦਿਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ॥ਪਰ ਆਓ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਰੋਸ਼ਨੀ ਵਿਚ ਸਮਝਣ ਦੀ ਕੋਸਿਸ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾ॥

In our daily life, the word SIMRAN has been BOXED INTO whats populalrly known as Chanting, mouthing a chosen word, Gurbani Tuk, gurbani shabad or even Banee like Jap, Sukhmani etc again and again repeatedly. The most popular word for this is WAHEGURU and repeating it continuously is called “Simran”. But if we look for this in Gurbani/SGGS, the result is somewhat different..in fact entirely different.

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥
ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰਜ ਗੁਣਤਾਸਾ ॥
ਪਉਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਸਗਲ ਉਪਾਰਜਨਾ ॥੧॥

Gurbani tells us that The EARTH does SIMRAN..so does the SKY…the SUN does SIMRAN..the MOON performs SIMRAN…the Winds, the waters( seas, oceans, rivers, lakes ) the Vegetation (forests, fields of crops,) also do SIMRAN

ਜਦ ਮਾਰੂ ਰਾਗ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚਾਰਦੇ ਹਾ ਤਾ ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦਾ ਸਿਧਾ ਸਬੰਧ ਹੁਕਮ ਨਾਲ ਹੈ॥ਕਿਓ ਕੇ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਕਾਸ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰਜ ਆਦਿਕ ਕੋਈ ਬੋਲ ਨਹੀ ਰਹੇ ਸਗੋ ਭੈ(ਹੁਕਮ)ਦੇ ਬੱਝੇ ਚਲ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ॥

AND when we read and vichaar this shabad from Raag Maaru..it all becomes transparently CLEAR as DAY, what SIMRAN really is and that its tied to HUKM. Certainly even a child knows that the Sun, moon, oceans, earth, sky etc etc don’t have Tongues/mouths/voices to do what is popularly known and understood as “SIMRAN”. Clearly Their SIMRAN is following the HUKM…

ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਪਵਣੁ ਵਹੈ ਸਦਵਾਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਚਲਹਿ ਲਖ ਦਰੀਆਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਗਨਿ ਕਢੈ ਵੇਗਾਰਿ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਦਬੀ ਭਾਰਿ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਇੰਦੁ ਫਿਰੈ ਸਿਰ ਭਾਰਿ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਾਜਾ ਧਰਮ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਚੰਦੁ।।

The WINDS Blow continuously in HIS HUKM…following HIS LAWS. Hundreds of thousands of Rivers flow according to His HUKM…Fires burn and circumambulate according to His set Laws (SUNS and Stars are fires that burn)…its in His HUKM Laws of Gravity that EARTHS stays settled (as if under weight)…Rains fall accordingly, so do sun and the moon circle in their paths …

ਪੂਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਖ ਲਈ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਾ ਗੁਲਦਸਤਾ ਹੈ॥ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂ ਜਾਣਨ ਦਾ ਇਕ ਹੀ ਰਸਤਾ ਹੈ॥ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ॥ਪਰ ਜਦ ਗੱਲ ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂ ਮਾਨਣ ਦੀ ਆਵੇਗੀ॥
ਤਾ ਪਹਲਾ ਆਪਾ ਖਤਮ ਕਰਨਾ ਪਵੇਗਾ॥

The Entire SGGS is a Fabulous BOUQUET of His HUKM Variations…..and THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO KNOW HIS HUKM…PRACTISE GURBANI DAILY….EVERY WAKING AND SLEEPING MOMENT…PRACTISE..PRACTISE..PRACTISE…JUST LIKE THE PLANETS, THE WINDS, THE SUNS THE MOONS WINDS OCEANS GO ON RELENLESSLY FOLLOWING HIS LAWS DAY AND NIGHT…AND THE HUKM HAS TO BE OBEYED…AND THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN…BE REALISED….WHEN THE “AAPAH”..THE “ I “ THE HAUMAII WITHIN IS OVERPOWERED, SUBDUED, DEFEATED AND FORCED TO TOE THE LINE OF HIS LAWS, HIS HUKM, HIS WISHES. WE DON’T DO ANYTHING, WE ARE INCAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING..ITS ALL HIS DOING….WHO KNOWS WHAT AND HY AND HOW HE DOES WHAT IS HAPPENING…

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸੈ ਮਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਈਐ।
ਕਬੀਰ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਕੀਆ ਨ ਕਰਹਿਗੇ ਨਾ ਕਰਿ ਸਕੈ ਸਰੀਰੁ॥
ਕਿਆ ਜਾਨਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਭਇਓ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ॥
ਸਿਮਰਨ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਕੀਤੇ ਗਏ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਦਾ ਫਲ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਕਰਮ ਤੂ ਅਜਾਦ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਕਸਾਰਤਾ ਬਖਸਦੀ ਹੈ॥ ਜਿਵੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਨੂ ਸਾਹ ਯਾਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਨਹੀ ਲੈਣੇ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਾ ਦਿਲ ਨੂ ਇਹ ਯਾਦ ਨਹੀ ਕਰਨਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਮੈ ਲਹੂ ਨੂ ਨਿਰੰਤਰ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੇ ਵਖ ਵਖ ਹਿੱਸਿਆ ਵਿਚ ਭੇਜਣਾ ਹੈ॥

SIMRAN IS DOING ABHIAS…PRACTISE OF HIS HUKM…AND
IT’S THE END RESULT OF THIS ABHIAAS..PRACTISE AND ITS INDEPENDENT OF OUR BODILY FUNCTIONS, OUR DOINGS, OUR ACTS, OUR ACTIONS BECAUSE ULTIMATELY ITS DUE TO HIS DAAT..HIS BAKSHISH…HIS GURPARSAAD…HIS GIFT. SIMRAN CANNOT BE LIMITED TO A FEW MINUTES, FEW HOURS. ITS NOT BOXED IN TO ANY PARTICULAR FIXED TIMES, OR POSTURES OR LANGUAGES..A GURMUKH PRACTISES GURBANI 24/7 HIS ENTIRE LIFE…TO REAP THE TRUE BENEFITS OF CORRECTLY DONE SIMRAN. SO MUCH SO THAT EACH AND EVERY ACTION WE DO, EVERY ACT WE PERFORM, BECOMES SIMRAN…THE GURMUKH CRIES, THE GURMUKH LAUGHS…..ITS ALL IN HIS HUKM !!! THAT’S REAL SIMRAN. IT BECOMES SPONTANEOUS WITH CONTINUED PRACTISE….NO NEED TO CONSCIOULSY TIE YOURSELF DOWN TO CERTAIN TIMES, CERTAIN POSTURES ETC ETC AS IS COMMONLY PREACHED. ONCE THE HUKM IS UNDERSTOOD..ALL OUR ACTS FOLLOW THAT DIRECTION WITHOUT QUESTION….GURU SAHIB IN SGGS HAS GIVEN US THE FORMULA..THE DIRECTIONS..AND ALL WE GOT TO DO IS FOLLOW THOSE DIRECTIONS AND THE FORMULA FAITHFULLY AND OUR LIFE BECOMES SIMRAN…RELENTLESS SIMRAN 24/7…WE LOSE THE I, THE HAUMAII, AND MERGE INTO THE RIVER OF HUKM AND FLOW ALONG EFFORTLESSLY.

ਤਿਵੈ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੋਈ ਇਕ -ਦੋ ਘੰਟੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਵੇਲੇ ਬਹਿ ਕੇ ਨਹੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਇਹ ਤਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਦਾ ਅਠੇ ਪਹਰ ਦਾ ਸੁਭਾਅ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ ਹਰ ਕਰਮ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ ਇਸਲਈ ਆਖ ਦਿਤਾ...
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰੋਵੈ ॥
ਜਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰੇ ਸਾਈ ਭਗਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ।।
ਆਖਣੁ ਵੇਖਣੁ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਸਬਦੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
Chemistry ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਟਰਮ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ spontaneous reaction ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚ ਸਿਰਫ ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ ) ਦੇਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਸੀ ਤੇ reaction ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਉਸ ਦਿਤੀ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ) ਵਲ ਚਲ ਪੈਂਦੀ ਹੈ॥
ਬਸ ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਖ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਨੂ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ ) ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਜੇ ਸਿਖ ਆਪਾ ਗੁਵਾ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਆਪਣਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਲੈ ਆਵੇ ਤਾ ਸਮਝੋ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ॥ਕੋਈ ਰਟੇ ਲਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਨਹੀ॥

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Nice Post

I do my Contemplating in the early hours...

Repeating Waheguru or any Shabad in my mind helps me, with practice, control my very absurd and energetic mind... :)
this is not Simran...

But, when my mind is focused, i enter a state where i feel closer to waheguru, where my attention is in a state to hear/receive/respond to His Calling...
At this point, all is His grace, His Gurparsaad...i have no control here, not can i Will anything...i am in His hands...

It's up to Waheguru what happens here :) but this is where the Simran, the remembrance starts...

The planets/plants, air, water etc etc are already in a state of Simran, for they don't have the problem if the Ego :)

Just my experience so far...

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
ਆਮ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਖਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਪਦੇ ਨੂ ਜੁਬਾਨ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਦੁਰਾਹੇ ਗਏ ਕੋਈ ਖਾਸ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਤਕ ਸੀਮਤ ਕਰ ਦਿਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ॥ਪਰ ਆਓ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਰੋਸ਼ਨੀ ਵਿਚ ਸਮਝਣ ਦੀ ਕੋਸਿਸ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾ॥

In our daily life, the word SIMRAN has been BOXED INTO whats populalrly known as Chanting, mouthing a chosen word, Gurbani Tuk, gurbani shabad or even Banee like Jap, Sukhmani etc again and again repeatedly. The most popular word for this is WAHEGURU and repeating it continuously is called “Simran”. But if we look for this in Gurbani/SGGS, the result is somewhat different..in fact entirely different.

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥

Gurbani tells us that The EARTH does SIMRAN..so does the SKY…the SUN does SIMRAN..the MOON performs SIMRAN…the Winds, the waters( seas, oceans, rivers, lakes ) the Vegetation (forests, fields of crops,) also do SIMRAN

ਜਦ ਮਾਰੂ ਰਾਗ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚਾਰਦੇ ਹਾ ਤਾ ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦਾ ਸਿਧਾ ਸਬੰਧ ਹੁਕਮ ਨਾਲ ਹੈ॥ਕਿਓ ਕੇ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਕਾਸ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰਜ ਆਦਿਕ ਕੋਈ ਬੋਲ ਨਹੀ ਰਹੇ ਸਗੋ ਭੈ(ਹੁਕਮ)ਦੇ ਬੱਝੇ ਚਲ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ॥

AND when we read and vichaar this shabad from Raag Maaru..it all becomes transparently CLEAR as DAY, what SIMRAN really is and that its tied to HUKM. Certainly even a child knows that the Sun, moon, oceans, earth, sky etc etc don’t have Tongues/mouths/voices to do what is popularly known and understood as “SIMRAN”. Clearly Their SIMRAN is following the HUKM…

ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਪਵਣੁ ਵਹੈ ਸਦਵਾਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਚਲਹਿ ਲਖ ਦਰੀਆਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਦਬੀ ਭਾਰਿ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਾਜਾ ਧਰਮ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥

The WINDS Blow continuously in HIS HUKM…following HIS LAWS. Hundreds of thousands of Rivers flow according to His HUKM…Fires burn and circumambulate according to His set Laws (SUNS and Stars are fires that burn)…its in His HUKM Laws of Gravity that EARTHS stays settled (as if under weight)…Rains fall accordingly, so do sun and the moon circle in their paths …

ਪੂਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਖ ਲਈ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਾ ਗੁਲਦਸਤਾ ਹੈ॥ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂ ਜਾਣਨ ਦਾ ਇਕ ਹੀ ਰਸਤਾ ਹੈ॥ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ॥ਪਰ ਜਦ ਗੱਲ ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂ ਮਾਨਣ ਦੀ ਆਵੇਗੀ॥
ਤਾ ਪਹਲਾ ਆਪਾ ਖਤਮ ਕਰਨਾ ਪਵੇਗਾ॥

The Entire SGGS is a Fabulous BOUQUET of His HUKM Variations…..and THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO KNOW HIS HUKM…PRACTISE GURBANI DAILY….EVERY WAKING AND SLEEPING MOMENT…PRACTISE..PRACTISE..PRACTISE…JUST LIKE THE PLANETS, THE WINDS, THE SUNS THE MOONS WINDS OCEANS GO ON RELENLESSLY FOLLOWING HIS LAWS DAY AND NIGHT…AND THE HUKM HAS TO BE OBEYED…AND THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN…BE REALISED….WHEN THE “AAPAH”..THE “ I “ THE HAUMAII WITHIN IS OVERPOWERED, SUBDUED, DEFEATED AND FORCED TO TOE THE LINE OF HIS LAWS, HIS HUKM, HIS WISHES. WE DON’T DO ANYTHING, WE ARE INCAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING..ITS ALL HIS DOING….WHO KNOWS WHAT AND HY AND HOW HE DOES WHAT IS HAPPENING…

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸੈ ਮਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਈਐ।
ਕਬੀਰ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਕੀਆ ਨ ਕਰਹਿਗੇ ਨਾ ਕਰਿ ਸਕੈ ਸਰੀਰੁ॥
ਕਿਆ ਜਾਨਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਭਇਓ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ॥
ਸਿਮਰਨ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਕੀਤੇ ਗਏ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਦਾ ਫਲ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਕਰਮ ਤੂ ਅਜਾਦ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਕਸਾਰਤਾ ਬਖਸਦੀ ਹੈ॥ ਜਿਵੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਨੂ ਸਾਹ ਯਾਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਨਹੀ ਲੈਣੇ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਾ ਦਿਲ ਨੂ ਇਹ ਯਾਦ ਨਹੀ ਕਰਨਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਮੈ ਲਹੂ ਨੂ ਨਿਰੰਤਰ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੇ ਵਖ ਵਖ ਹਿੱਸਿਆ ਵਿਚ ਭੇਜਣਾ ਹੈ॥

IT’S THE END RESULT OF THIS ABHIAAS..PRACTISE AND ITS INDEPENDENT OF OUR BODILY FUNCTIONS, OUR DOINGS, OUR ACTS, OUR ACTIONS BECAUSE ULTIMATELY ITS DUE TO HIS DAAT..HIS BAKSHISH…HIS GURPARSAAD…HIS GIFT. SIMRAN CANNOT BE LIMITED TO A FEW MINUTES, FEW HOURS. ITS NOT BOXED IN TO ANY PARTICULAR FIXED TIMES, OR POSTURES OR LANGUAGES..A GURMUKH PRACTISES GURBANI 24/7 HIS ENTIRE LIFE…TO REAP THE TRUE BENEFITS OF CORRECTLY DONE SIMRAN. SO MUCH SO THAT EACH AND EVERY ACTION WE DO, EVERY ACT WE PERFORM, BECOMES SIMRAN…THE GURMUKH CRIES, THE GURMUKH LAUGHS…..ITS ALL IN HIS HUKM !!! THAT’S REAL SIMRAN. IT BECOMES SPONTANEOUS WITH CONTINUED PRACTISE….NO NEED TO CONSCIOULSY TIE YOURSELF DOWN TO CERTAIN TIMES, CERTAIN POSTURES ETC ETC AS IS COMMONLY PREACHED. ONCE THE HUKM IS UNDERSTOOD..ALL OUR ACTS FOLLOW THAT DIRECTION WITHOUT QUESTION….GURU SAHIB IN SGGS HAS GIVEN US THE FORMULA..THE DIRECTIONS..AND ALL WE GOT TO DO IS FOLLOW THOSE DIRECTIONS AND THE FORMULA FAITHFULLY AND OUR LIFE BECOMES SIMRAN…RELENTLESS SIMRAN 24/7…WE LOSE THE I, THE HAUMAII, AND MERGE INTO THE RIVER OF HUKM AND FLOW ALONG EFFORTLESSLY.

ਤਿਵੈ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਕੋਈ ਇਕ -ਦੋ ਘੰਟੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਵੇਲੇ ਬਹਿ ਕੇ ਨਹੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਇਹ ਤਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਦਾ ਅਠੇ ਪਹਰ ਦਾ ਸੁਭਾਅ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ ਹਰ ਕਰਮ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ॥ ਇਸਲਈ ਆਖ ਦਿਤਾ...
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰੋਵੈ ॥
ਜਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰੇ ਸਾਈ ਭਗਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ।।
ਆਖਣੁ ਵੇਖਣੁ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਸਬਦੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
Chemistry ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਟਰਮ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ spontaneous reaction ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚ ਸਿਰਫ ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ ) ਦੇਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਸੀ ਤੇ reaction ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਉਸ ਦਿਤੀ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ) ਵਲ ਚਲ ਪੈਂਦੀ ਹੈ॥
ਬਸ ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਖ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਨੂ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ(ਹੁਕਮ ) ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਜੇ ਸਿਖ ਆਪਾ ਗੁਵਾ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਆਪਣਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਲੈ ਆਵੇ ਤਾ ਸਮਝੋ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੈ॥ਕੋਈ ਰਟੇ ਲਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਨਹੀ॥
I'm sorry but their is no hukm in the deterministic way you describe.. If akaal is without form, beyond definition, without judgement then to reduce bani to a manual or a set of practices to be performed then as far as I am concerned I can't see how mool mantar is the essence of bani

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I'm sorry but their is no hukm in the deterministic way you describe.. If akaal is without form, beyond definition, without judgement then to reduce bani to a manual or a set of practices to be performed then as far as I am concerned I can't see how mool mantar is the essence of bani

Hey SukhSingh,

in what way? Guru Nanak Dev Ji described 5 Khands...
  • 4. Karam Khand: the realm of grace, (pauri 37) and
many parts of Gurbani as you to question yourself, your actions, to acknowldge the effect and influence of the 5 thieves and to make effort to plant good seeds as a foundation and effort to bring about better habits...in the end this effort is also 'grace' 'hukam' and if someone doesn't make the effort and falls further away from Waheguru, that is also Hukam as Gurbani states He himself brings us closer and He himself takes us further...

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016

Ik Oankar respected Gyani Ji. The word simran means "to remember." For different parts of the creation there are different ways of worship. In Arti, Guru Sahib has told us how creation worships Sri Akal. For humans, it is a different way to worship or do simran of Sri Akal Purkh from nature. For humans the method of worship is Naam Simran.

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥

Yes, but do the Sun and Moon say any words to worship?

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥

And this is clearly explained in Arti how they do simran. But lets look at the whole shabad rather than pulling out one-liners:

ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ ਮਹਲਾ ੫

ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ (ਮਃ ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੧੦੭੮

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥
The earth and the Akaashic ethers meditate in remembrance.

The moon and the sun meditate in remembrance on You, O treasure of virtue.

Air, water and fire meditate in remembrance. All creation meditates in remembrance. ||1||

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਖੰਡ ਦੀਪ ਸਭਿ ਲੋਆ ॥
All the continents, islands and worlds meditate in remembrance.

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਪਾਤਾਲ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਆ ॥
The nether worlds and spheres meditate in remembrance on that True Lord.

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਖਾਣੀ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਨਾ ॥੨॥
The sources of creation and speech meditate in remembrance; all the Lord's humble servants meditate in remembrance. ||2||

Guru Sahibs tells us that creation is doing simran of Sri Karta Purkh. This has nothing to do with hukam. The nature that Sri Karta Purkh has bound performs as Sri Karta Purakh has set it, and it is in itself that this creation worship. With humans it is not the same. The earth, sun and moon are not set with the objective of mukti as humans are. Neither are animals, or plants. SGGS talks to Mankind only, not to the Sun, Moon and stars, trees and roses. SGGS does talk about them but not to them.

ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਪਵਣੁ ਵਹੈ ਸਦਵਾਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਚਲਹਿ ਲਖ ਦਰੀਆਉ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਦਬੀ ਭਾਰਿ ॥
ਭੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਾਜਾ ਧਰਮ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥

Its not as clear as day. All that shabad tells us it that the creation fears Karta Purkh if you take it in its literal sense. Even then it doesn't support what you claim.

"ਭੈ" is not hukam. The shabad is telling us that the creation obeys the Creator and is fearful of the Creator.

The shabad which you have posted ends like this respected Gyani Ji:

ਸਗਲਿਆ ਭਉ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਸਿਰਿ ਲੇਖੁ ॥
God has inscribed the Inscription of His Fear upon the heads of all.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਏਕੁ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, the Fearless Lord, the Formless Lord, the True Lord, is One. ||1||

Not once in the shabad is ther eany inference of "hukam."

Simran is remembrance. Karta Purkh has given the creation different ways of doing simran. Animals and plants live the hukam given to them by Sri Karta Purkh. Do dogs and cats get mukti?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

There is no such word as Mool/Mantar/Beej/Mantar etc etc...these are man made. The Preamble in the beginning of SGGS is a description of the VIRTUES of the Creator and why we need to first ACCCEPT that HE EXISTS (Sat Naam )...If we DONT ACCEPT that HE EXISTS...then the remainder of the preamble has no meaning.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ik Oankar respected Gyani Ji. The word simran means "to remember." For different parts of the creation there are different ways of worship. In Arti, Guru Sahib has told us how creation worships Sri Akal. For humans, it is a different way to worship or do simran of Sri Akal Purkh from nature. For humans the method of worship is Naam Simran.

Yes, but do the Sun and Moon say any words to worship?

And this is clearly explained in Arti how they do simran. But lets look at the whole shabad rather than pulling out one-liners:

ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ ਮਹਲਾ ੫

ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ (ਮਃ ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੧੦੭੮

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਿਮਰੈ ਧਰਤੀ ਅਰੁ ਆਕਾਸਾ ॥
The earth and the Akaashic ethers meditate in remembrance.

The moon and the sun meditate in remembrance on You, O treasure of virtue.

Air, water and fire meditate in remembrance. All creation meditates in remembrance. ||1||

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਖੰਡ ਦੀਪ ਸਭਿ ਲੋਆ ॥
All the continents, islands and worlds meditate in remembrance.

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਪਾਤਾਲ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਆ ॥
The nether worlds and spheres meditate in remembrance on that True Lord.

ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਖਾਣੀ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਨਾ ॥੨॥
The sources of creation and speech meditate in remembrance; all the Lord's humble servants meditate in remembrance. ||2||

Guru Sahibs tells us that creation is doing simran of Sri Karta Purkh. This has nothing to do with hukam. The nature that Sri Karta Purkh has bound performs as Sri Karta Purakh has set it, and it is in itself that this creation worship. With humans it is not the same. The earth, sun and moon are not set with the objective of mukti as humans are. Neither are animals, or plants. SGGS talks to Mankind only, not to the Sun, Moon and stars, trees and roses. SGGS does talk about them but not to them.

Its not as clear as day. All that shabad tells us it that the creation fears Karta Purkh if you take it in its literal sense. Even then it doesn't support what you claim.

"ਭੈ" is not hukam. The shabad is telling us that the creation obeys the Creator and is fearful of the Creator.

The shabad which you have posted ends like this respected Gyani Ji:

ਸਗਲਿਆ ਭਉ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਸਿਰਿ ਲੇਖੁ ॥
God has inscribed the Inscription of His Fear upon the heads of all.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਏਕੁ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, the Fearless Lord, the Formless Lord, the True Lord, is One. ||1||

Not once in the shabad is ther eany inference of "hukam."

Simran is remembrance. Karta Purkh has given the creation different ways of doing simran. Animals and plants live the hukam given to them by Sri Karta Purkh. Do dogs and cats get mukti?

1. How can winds, oceans, rivers, planets "fear"....the word bahei clealry refers to Laws/Hukm.
2. Gurbani does NOT say FEAR is necessary in the equation...(that is in the Abrahamic religions and others)..in SGGS..the only LOVE applies. Mitth Bollrra ji har saajn mora..

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
There is no such word as Mool/Mantar/Beej/Mantar etc etc...these are man made. The Preamble in the beginning of SGGS is a description of the VIRTUES of the Creator and why we need to first ACCCEPT that HE EXISTS (Sat Naam )...If we DONT ACCEPT that HE EXISTS...then the remainder of the preamble has no meaning.
Virtues and characteristics.. And the only ones described are that you can not attribute anything deterministic

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Pyari Saad Sangat Ji - good morning [03:45 UK].

It is such a shame that authentic Sikh literature doesn't make it to SPN. You've got the Malyasian versions, Afagan bias, American interpretations and tailored made British editions to suit social needs, but sadly, no Punjabi from whence it came.

Recent research in behavioural ecology and experimental psychology suggests that "organisms" are endowed with evolved programmes that modulate their behaviour according to their environment. If that'd be correct then how can a "foreigner" [non punjabi] comment on Punjabi way of life ? Calling Sikh practices derogatory names [mouthing n parroting] is offensive. It must be borne in mind, that just as Shakespeare cannot be rewritten, neither can Guru Nanak's Sikhi be rewritten. Any inconsistent interpretations will distroy its native form. What you will have will be the diluted versions and the original lost forever.

Sikhism is so placid that it provides an apt response to the needs of the new age. It is a life philosophy which liberates the spirit through self discipline of work, charity n simran. Work n charity are the means to an end, the end is nam simran. This is the study of the "gurus" teachings [sikhi sikhia gur vichaar SGGSJ, 465]. The eternal message of SGGSJ is the foundation on which the mystical philosophy [nam simran] of the Sikh Religion is based. It further proclaims that by following the Guru's instructions with love n devotion the disciple imbibes the Guru's qualities and ultimately becomes one with the Guru. Guru Amardas Ji nips it thus: abandoning one's own self O Nanak, one should merge in the guru [SGGSJ, 509].

Humans have highly active minds that are not easily quitened, a desire for control n security not easily relinquished and an inner world not easily accessable. How can one enter, how can one one open lines of communication with the inner being and how can one switch off from one"s usual surroundings ? Nanak said through "nam simran".

Simran by definition is "remembrance", but in places used interchangeably with "jap" meaning repetition or recitation. Mool Mantra n Jap Ji Sahib is the title given to the most celebrated composition of Guru Nanak, initially written under the title Jap. The addition of the honorific suffix Ji or Ji Sahib connotes reverence for the Guru's divine utterance. It is preceded by a short cryptic, highly basic percept popularly known as the Mool [root] Mantra. The use of the word "mool", meaning, root cause and remembrance thereof [simran] is the key to an endless journey of the soul. How that simran is done is evident in the everyday life of a Sikh. Suffice to add, single-pointed concentration [nam jap silently] on the holy name is recommended for fruitful excursions of the metaphysical worlds. These refined planes of existence [verses 34 - 37 japjisahib n many more] are not imaginations or some abstract theological conception, but actual levels of being which can be entered and explored by anyone who knows how to experience them. To call this traditional practice willy nilly is misleading and to clothe it in homely [Malaysian] imagery is crooked. The practice of nam simran brought about by our Gurus as a vehicle to travel to these metaphysical regions has within it an end, an end that is God.

Nam Simran is not an event nor a phenomena that can be intellectually analysed but a "process" that, if practiced regularly over time will develop and unlock inaccessible realms of the metaphysical worlds. It is a non-physical means of travel to divine regions and forms the basis of spiritual Sikhism - Punjabi Sikhism !

Good day !

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Pyari Saad Sangat Ji - good morning [03:45 UK].

It is such a shame that authentic Sikh literature doesn't make it to SPN. You've got the Malyasian versions, Afagan bias, American interpretations and tailored made British editions to suit social needs, but sadly, no Punjabi from whence it came.

Recent research in behavioural ecology and experimental psychology suggests that "organisms" are endowed with evolved programmes that modulate their behaviour according to their environment. If that'd be correct then how can a "foreigner" [non punjabi] comment on Punjabi way of life ? Calling Sikh practices derogatory names [mouthing n parroting] is offensive. It must be borne in mind, that just as Shakespeare cannot be rewritten, neither can Guru Nanak's Sikhi be rewritten. Any inconsistent interpretations will distroy its native form. What you will have will be the diluted versions and the original lost forever.

Sikhism is so placid that it provides an apt response to the needs of the new age. It is a life philosophy which liberates the spirit through self discipline of work, charity n simran. Work n charity are the means to an end, the end is nam simran. This is the study of the "gurus" teachings [sikhi sikhia gur vichaar SGGSJ, 465]. The eternal message of SGGSJ is the foundation on which the mystical philosophy [nam simran] of the Sikh Religion is based. It further proclaims that by following the Guru's instructions with love n devotion the disciple imbibes the Guru's qualities and ultimately becomes one with the Guru. Guru Amardas Ji nips it thus: abandoning one's own self O Nanak, one should merge in the guru [SGGSJ, 509].

Humans have highly active minds that are not easily quitened, a desire for control n security not easily relinquished and an inner world not easily accessable. How can one enter, how can one one open lines of communication with the inner being and how can one switch off from one"s usual surroundings ? Nanak said through "nam simran".

Simran by definition is "remembrance", but in places used interchangeably with "jap" meaning repetition or recitation. Mool Mantra n Jap Ji Sahib is the title given to the most celebrated composition of Guru Nanak, initially written under the title Jap. The addition of the honorific suffix Ji or Ji Sahib connotes reverence for the Guru's divine utterance. It is preceded by a short cryptic, highly basic percept popularly known as the Mool [root] Mantra. The use of the word "mool", meaning, root cause and remembrance thereof [simran] is the key to an endless journey of the soul. How that simran is done is evident in the everyday life of a Sikh. Suffice to add, single-pointed concentration [nam jap silently] on the holy name is recommended for fruitful excursions of the metaphysical worlds. These refined planes of existence [verses 34 - 37 japjisahib n many more] are not imaginations or some abstract theological conception, but actual levels of being which can be entered and explored by anyone who knows how to experience them. To call this tradional practice willy nilly is misleading and to clothe it in homely imagery is crooked. The practice of nam simran brought about by our Gurus as a vehicle to travel to these metaphysical regions has within it an end, an end that is God.

Nam Simran is not an event nor a phenomena that can be intellectually analysed but a practice that if practiced regularly over time will develop and unlock inaccessible realms of the metaphysical worlds. It is a non-physical means of travel to divine regions and forms the basis of spiritual Sikhism - Punjabi Sikhism !

Good day !

absolutely love the way you write this

"How that simran is done is evident in the everyday life of a Sikh. Suffice to add, single-pointed concentration [nam jap silently] on the holy name is recommended for fruitful excursions of the metaphysical worlds. These refined planes of existence [verses 34 - 37 japjisahib n many more] are not imaginations or some abstract theological conception, but actual levels of being which can be entered and explored by anyone who knows how to experience them. To call this tradional practice willy nilly is misleading and to clothe it in homely imagery is crooked. The practice of nam simran brought about by our Gurus as a vehicle to travel to these metaphysical regions has within it an end, an end that is God."

Although i am by no means at the 'end'...i wholeheartedly agree with everything you write here...not through study, or just mere belief...but through actual experience...my gosh this shizzle is real!

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016
1. How can winds, oceans, rivers, planets "fear"....the word bahei clealry refers to Laws/Hukm.

Ik Oankar respected Gyani Ji. The term "fear" is not to be taken in a negative colouring here. The "fear" is fear losing the love of Sri Karta Purkh. It is fear but from from a positive perspective.

Guru Granth also mentions these fears. Look at this shabad and see what the fear is.

ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥

ਮਨਮੁਖੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਿਆਪਿਆ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥
The self-willed manmukhs are engrossed in emotional attachment; they are not balanced or detached.

ਸਬਦੁ ਨ ਚੀਨੈ ਸਦਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਗਹਿ ਪਤਿ ਖੋਇ ॥
They do not comprehend the Word of the Shabad. They suffer in pain forever, and lose their honor in the Court of the Lord.

ਹਉਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਖੋਈਐ ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥
The Gurmukhs shed their ego; attuned to the Naam, they find peace. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹੀ ਨਿਤ ਆਸਾ ॥
O my mind, day and night, you are always full of wishful hopes.

ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਮੋਹੁ ਪਰਜਲੈ ਘਰ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ ਉਦਾਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Serve the True Guru, and your emotional attachment shall be totally burnt away; remain detached within the home of your heart. ||1||Pause||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਬਿਗਸੈ ਹਰਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਅਨੰਦੁ ॥
The Gurmukhs do good deeds and blossom forth; balanced and detached in the Lord, they are in ecstasy.

ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰਿ ਨਿਚੰਦੁ ॥
Night and day, they perform devotional worship, day and night; subduing their ego, they are carefree.

ਵਡੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਹਜਿ ਅਨੰਦੁ ॥੨॥
By great good fortune, I found the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation; I have found the Lord, with intuitive ease and ecstasy. ||2||

ਸੋ ਸਾਧੂ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਸੋਈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਾਏ ॥
That person is a Holy Saadhu, and a renouncer of the world, whose heart is filled with the Naam.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਲਾਗਿ ਨ ਤਾਮਸੁ ਮੂਲੇ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਏ ॥
His inner being is not touched by anger or dark energies at all; he has lost his selfishness and conceit.

ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਸਤਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਖਾਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਆ ਅਘਾਏ ॥੩॥
The True Guru has revealed to him the Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; he drinks in the Sublime Essence of the Lord, and is satisfied. ||3||

ਜਿਨਿ ਕਿਨੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤੀ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਬੈਰਾਗਿ ॥
Whoever has found it, has done so in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Through perfect good fortune, such balanced detachment is attained.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਨ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਲਾਗਿ ॥
The self-willed manmukhs wander around lost, but they do not know the True Guru. They are inwardly attached to egotism.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਰੰਗਾਏ ਬਿਨੁ ਭੈ ਕੇਹੀ ਲਾਗਿ ॥੪॥੮॥੪੧॥
O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Shabad are dyed in the Color of the Lord's Name. Without the Fear of God, how can they retain this Color? ||4||8||41||

2. Gurbani does NOT say FEAR is necessary in the equation...(that is in the Abrahamic religions and others)..in SGGS..the only LOVE applies.

The above shabad makes it absolutely clear that FEAR is part of the equation. But you have to look at the different facets of fear. Then you will understand the shabad about the planets.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
2. Gurbani does NOT say FEAR is necessary in the equation...(that is in the Abrahamic religions and others)..in SGGS..the only LOVE applies. Mitth Bollrra ji har saajn mora..

Guru Fateh Gyani ji,

How can Nirbhau Ik Ong Kaar be Feared one should ask oneself? This contradicts the Mool Mantar, the blueprint of Sikhi.

Bhei in the above means intuned/in sync with the Hukum of The Source. It is a poetic way of writing it.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
.....here's more to show the significance of "nam jap" ! I've tailor made it to suit site n spectator but is actually from Rumi's Mathnawi. Pls enjoy -

All night a devout Sikh was chanting "Waheguru Waheguru"

until his lips grew sweet with praise of Him.

The Devil came up to him: "Hey noisy one,

after calling so many 'Waheguru Waheguru'

where is the response of 'Here I am' to all your 'Waheguru Waheguru's ?'

I don't hear any response coming from the Throne of Akal Purakh

how long will you keep chanting 'Waheguru ?'

The young Sikh's heart sank and he fell asleep.

Dreaming, he saw a holy Saint in radiant green.

The Saint said to him, "You've stopped praising God -

why have you repented of having called Him?"

The young Sikh said, "Because no 'Here I am'

came to me in answer, I feared

that I might be one who is denied His Door."

The Saint said, "God wants you to know

that every 'Waheguru' of yours is His 'Here I am,'

and that your prayer and grief and longing

are His message to you. God is telling you:

Your efforts to find a way to Me

were My drawing you to Me,

and it freed your feet from their bonds.

Your trepidation and your love

are the rope to catch My blessing -

beneath every 'Waheguru' of yours

is many a 'Here I am' of Mine.' "

Enjoy !

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
All night a devout Sikh was chanting "Waheguru Waheguru"

is that because he is devout? is that what devout people do?

The Devil came up to him: "Hey noisy one,

is there a devil in Sikhism? if not, then this story is pretty pointless

Dreaming, he saw a holy Saint in radiant green.

did he have a red light on his BMW as well? radiant green is ok, but no red light no sainthood!

The Saint said, "God wants you to know

that every 'Waheguru' of yours is His 'Here I am,'

and that your prayer and grief and longing

are His message to you. God is telling you:

Your efforts to find a way to Me

were My drawing you to Me,

and it freed your feet from their bonds.

so you there go folks, all you have to do is just Waheguru! because every one of them brings you closer to God, even better if you can say break your own personal record! see how many you can do in an hour, and then beat it!

Your trepidation and your love

are the rope to catch My blessing -

beneath every 'Waheguru' of yours

is many a 'Here I am' of Mine.' "
to what end?

now this is an important question original, to what end?

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
is that because he is devout? is that what devout people do?

is there a devil in Sikhism? if not, then this story is pretty pointless

did he have a red light on his BMW as well? radiant green is ok, but no red light no sainthood!

so you there go folks, all you have to do is just Waheguru! because every one of them brings you closer to God, even better if you can say break your own personal record! see how many you can do in an hour, and then beat it!

to what end?

now this is an important question original, to what end?
Brother H - hope all is well at your end ! sorry for the late response, been busy with odds n sods !

As regards your post #14, I'm afraid you may have overlooked two important aspects:
  1. Post #13 is a supplement to post #9 - pls revisit post #13 and note the opening remarks ...."here's more..."
  2. Again in the same post I've explicitly expressed that I've tailored made the script to "....suit site n spectator", you don't qualify as a spectator by virtue of non-belief in metaphysics. Pls correct me if I'm wrong !
Goodnight !

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Brother H - hope all is well at your end ! sorry for the late response, been busy with odds n sods !

As regards your post #14, I'm afraid you may have overlooked two important aspects:
  1. Post #13 is a supplement to post #9 - pls revisit post #13 and note the opening remarks ...."here's more..."
  2. Again in the same post I've explicitly expressed that I've tailored made the script to "....suit site n spectator", you don't qualify as a spectator by virtue of non-belief in metaphysics. Pls correct me if I'm wrong !
Goodnight !

ah I see, I apologise, I did not realise your posts were targeted to a specific audience, perhaps you could write a disclaimer before each one stating that the following content applies only to believers, and may not be discussed or debated by non believers, on the grounds that they would not understand. The old 4 legs good, 2 legs better eh!

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
ah I see, I apologise, I did not realise your posts were targeted to a specific audience, perhaps you could write a disclaimer before each one stating that the following content applies only to believers, and may not be discussed or debated by non believers, on the grounds that they would not understand. The old 4 legs good, 2 legs better eh!

..apologies accepted H ! I'm glad you've realised there's "no rhyme or reason" to the argument!

Good evening

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
..apologies accepted H ! I'm glad you've realised there's "no rhyme or reason" to the argument!

Good evening

so can I understand that you only speak for a small cross section? Perhaps then you should make this clear in your posts, I always thought you spoke for the whole, rather than a part. what you represent therefore is a part of Sikhism rather than Sikhism per se?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Also, just as a sideline, if the truth is universal, and having admitted you only target interaction with a specific audience, then where does that leave your appreciation for the truth?

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Young n Handsome Harry - Good morning !

H, you're great ! if you were as little as, pass wind on SPN your fan club would stand on their toes to smell; hate to think what they'd do if you were to unload for real, solid waste ? Now that is the "truth" because they believe in you. Similarly, I believe in my "guru". And, just as your fan club believe in you, a Sikh [student] "per se", who knocks n rocks "nuns on the run", I believe in my Guru and His "word" [waheguru]. So yes, you're right; the fraction of population I talk about/represent are the believers in the word of God and they are religiously Sikh.

H, I know you get "wet on the net" and love to "rumble in the jungle" [argue], but guess what ? some of us have to work for a living ! I have an appeal to draft -

love u n leave u

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM