• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhs Girls Beware!

Notay

SPNer
Jun 18, 2008
Its a crying shame that this actually occurs, I have heard about it through friends like most of you have, but to actually see it posted on a blog is another thing. I think its more in Britain but do not know about the US and other countries (and hope it isn't)

Is there anything that can be done? Sorry if i repeated a thread that may have already discussed this but only caught on it today and thought it was necessary to address all.

In the hosting site the users are allowed to express themselves but anything which could cause hateful relationships between communities/races is banned. One of the the http://www.blogger.com/content.g terms:

"HATEFUL CONTENT: Users may not publish material that promotes hatred towards groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity."

surely this is creating hate and anger between communities?

If I have offended anyone please forgive me.

For those who have not seen, please check out:

www.sikh4aweek.blogspot.com

Waheguru Je Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!sikhs girls beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notay ji

I share your horror... WoW! This blog may actually be in violation of internet laws in the UK. You might want to find out from your local police officials how to report the content. Laws differ from country to country. However, this is most likely slander and libel for some of the women whose pictures are on the blog. And it may qualify in the UK as cyber crime.

You have to do some research. And it may take a lot of patience to make progress. Also try reporting the blog to blogspot. Usually the hosting sites have a link to report abuse.

;)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

This is a pure abuse, I wonder what Sikh community of England is doing to stop this nonsense.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

People really have to go to the authorities in the locale where the information is posted. If he is in Birmingham for example, then local law enforcement needs to be involved.

The Sikh community in Birmingham however can exert a lot of moral pressure on him and make it uncomfortable.

The thing that is so terrible is that we have only his word that those women, except for the first one, are all mixed up in an unsavory life. Those could be pictures of neighbors at a party that he tacked up there and then wrote totally false stories. And yes this kind of thing happens in the US and people do not push back. :(

punjabikiren

SPNer
Nov 28, 2007
staffs

sorry but im going to seem really stupid....i dont understand whats happened..whats on that website.....ive been on it but can't get onto the site you have to log in or something someone tell me how to get on it n whats actually happened thank you

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

It turns out that Google owns E-Blogger and Google will do absolutely nothing about Defamation and Libel and instead suggests that one go to court and have a judge and jury decide whether defamation and libel have occurred. But of course we members of SPN are not the ones defamed or libeled. One of the women would have to take action, not us, in a court of law. So the report of abuse is a good as nothing.

Here is what I did. I went to the Scotland Yard web site and found a general inquiry page. Then I asked Scotland Yard how to proceed against the web site given by kds1980 below. I pointed out that every country is different.

Let's see what happens next. On the blog "Don" whoever he is says he has already had a visit from the police. So it may be that in the UK there is a solution, but we not know yet what it is.

Sat Sri Akaal!

punjabikiren

SPNer
Nov 28, 2007
staffs

omgggg i cnt believe this i feel really sick they dont have no shame...do these girls even no that they are on their......how much shame is it if your on there and your family see's it because this was on punjab radio on sky today thats why my mum told me about it...i thank god i have never done anything behind my parents back and pray to god i always stay like that

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

punjabkiren ji

Some of those girls may be innocent, and did nothing wrong. It is simple as pie to upload a photo of anyone, you or me, onto a blog and then write something defamatory about them.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Forum members,

I received a speedy reply from Scotland Yard, within less than 30 minutes. Here is the copy of the mail that they sent to me.

Subject: General enquiries CGE01-00014635
Date: October 15, 2008 2:32:46 PM EDT
To: adonofrio@widener.edu

Thank you for your E-Mail You would have to speak to your local Police in the USA
who then would get in touch with the London Authorities

E-Mail Office

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 15 October 2008 19:30
To: DoI Mailbox - Online Forms; CCC Mailbox - Internet Mailbox
Subject: General enquiries CGE01-00014635

Form title: General enquiries
Reference: CGE01-00014635
Submitted: 15-10-2008 19:29:38

So if you are so interested, just write to your local police authorities and ask them to contact Scotland Yard to find out how to put this blog out of its misery.

Gur Fateh!

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM ME OR THE LONDON POLICE USING THE EMAIL ADDRESSES ON THE REPLY -- I AM UNABLE TO DEACTIVATE THE LINKS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESSES BECAUSE OF FORUM SOFTWARE.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

punjabkiren ji

Some of those girls may be innocent, and did nothing wrong. It is simple as pie to upload a photo of anyone, you or me, onto a blog and then write something defamatory about them.

Antonia ji

This blog is now discussed on sikh sites,punjabi sites and even at non sikh sites and I am sorry to say that people are coming up with horrible stories.Some even say that they know 1-2 gals of blog and they are like it.

Nimana_Singh

SPNer
Oct 15, 2008
Since Blogspot has already taken the blog down we should remove reference to that blog from everywhere. I think we should not post the link above in any post because doing so will make this blog more popular.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Nimana Singh ji

If you take a look at the link in Randip ji's post -- a few comments backon Post #14 -- the link there works. That is the link that is being posted on all the forums. I just tested it again a minute or two ago.

And a cached link is still accessible.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
"These are all current slags being used and abused by our soldiers...u get me hahahahaha " ??
"Brap brap brap Another Sikh hoe, who gets passed around regularly amongst the soldiers." ??
Why the use of the word soldier? i wonder...

"Also have been contacted by the Police about this and guess what? Its legal but I just got to edit some parts out for legal reasons. As agreed with the officers they will be all edited out by the weekend! "
{censored}??? edit some parts??

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM