• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Pledge / ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਕਸਮ

What are your thoughts on Sikhism Pledge?

• 1. I believe it is worthwhile to have one and I like it as worded.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 2. I believe it is worthwhile to have one, but we need to revise wording and I have posted suggestio

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 3. I do not believe we should have one, the status-quo is fine.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 4. Other and I have posted my comments or suggestions.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Gur fateh!
Thank you for your thoughts. Please, I just want to be clear. Swami Prabhupada used to teach the four characteristics of a dog are: eating, sleeping, mating and defending. For humans, of course, it is the same, plus one, reason.(ie, thoughtfulness). As such, if we renounce reason, or go through life thoughtlessly, we are no different than dogs, we simply believe we are advanced because we go about on four wheels instead of four paws.
So, please, I am not advocating a life without decay or waste materials, I am simply saying there is a "pro-life" way of conducting ourselves, in which we operate within the cycles of life and not in violation of them. And the thing that must distinguish we who call ourselves believers is to be ever thoughtful; all our lifestyle ought to reflect devotion to Sacred Truth (Sat Naam), and be different than the behaviour of the lost.
By the way, I am a gardener; I very well appreciate the place of decay and waste in the cycle of life; I'm simply saying there is a crucial difference between "organic waste" and plastics and petroleum waste, which is an offence to our Mother Earth everytime.
Har Har peace be upon you.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Onam ji,
Today we see nature, animals, plants, etc as something lesser than us, when in fact Nature is more exalted, and we are part of it.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Onam ji,
Today we see nature, animals, plants, etc as something lesser than us, when in fact Nature is more exalted, and we are part of it.
Bhagat Singh ji I always see everything more than us as they are much more in consonance than us from what I observe! The rains come, the earthquakes come, the sun rises, the dog wags the tail, the bird approaches you, they look after and love their young show determined courage to kick the young out of the nest to be on their own, and so on. I feel recognition of the mool mantar in all, almost naturally, while we continue to debate its connections to symbology, single words, grammar complexities, etc.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
Akwl purK ie`k hY
God/creator is one

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ijs dw nwm 'hoNd vwlw' hY jo isRStI dw rcnhwr hY, jo sB ivc ivAwpk hY, BY qoN rihq hY, vYr-rihq hY, ijs dw srUp kwl qoN pry hY, (Bwv, ijs dw srIr nws-rihq hY), jo jUnW ivc nhIN AwauNdw, ijs dw pRkwS Awpxy Awp qoN hoieAw hY Aqy jo siqgurU dI ikrpw nwl imldw hY[

Known as the eternal being, is the creator of all, present everywhere, without fear, without animosity, is timeless, is not guided by life cycles, is a self creation and is realized through its own (God/creator) blessing.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
It is simply awe and marvelous.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: By the way folks ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ/"(God/creator) blessing" is available 24/7 and for us to take, see and recognize. We are too vain and just don't see it try to look for a unique moment while every living moment is that moment.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM