• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Namaste Mann ji

The original post included this statement:
"1. god made adam and eve for one another, not man for man, or woman for woman."
To use this argument against homosexuality one must first believe the Torah or Bible to be understood as literal and true not as metaphor and myth.

Mann ji you said: "God did not create homosexuality ,it's Man's lust."
It is my belief that God, The Creator, created all including homosexuality, man's lust even what we flush down the toilet. "All is God and there is nothing without God"

For sure there are people who are mentally ill and very confused, I like to refer to them as God's special creations but on the whole people are born homo. and that is it no choice. Also their love affairs are just as legitimate as any others.

Peace
Satyaban

May 2, 2008
reproduction and marriage r 2 different things.
One need not marry to reproduce.
Marriage means choosing a life partner to live with, nothing more nothing less.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Just apply same logic to marriage.One don't need marriage to live with life partner

I think if you are a Sikh you do. The reason why is, because a Sikh does not hide away. A Sikh always proclaims otwardly, I am here and I have done this. When He/she affirms their marriage, they are telling the world, we are doing this and we have nothing to hide.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I think if you are a Sikh you do. The reason why is, because a Sikh does not hide away. A Sikh always proclaims otwardly, I am here and I have done this. When He/she affirms their marriage, they are telling the world, we are doing this and we have nothing to hide.

My Reply was directed towards Amandeep who is saying that one don't need to get married to reproduce.I don't think sikhism sanction Children out of wedlock,so if someone can use logic of Children without marriage then he/she can think of life partner without marriage

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Is gay marriage allowed in sikhism?

You are asking if it is "allowed." The short answer is NO.

The longer answer is a question. Is gay marriage "allowed" or "forbidden" --- by whom? And allowed or forbidden, according to whose doctrine? I do know of only one instance among Sikhs that involved followers of Yogi Bhajan (perhaps there are others). There are no texts that allow or forbid it. Would a sangat permit it? Who would officiate? Most of the larger, mainstream religions, Abrahamic and Dharmic alike, do not allow it. Therefore, I don't think the answer to your question can be divorced from politics and culture.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
What would they say? What would wise men from the 1500s say about homosexuality?

Interesting how since the rise of the Abrahamic religions homosexuality seems to have become taboo!!

I am sure the Guru's were aware of it, but did not think it was evil or bad, or prevent someone from becoming a Sikh, or they would have specifically stated (like Christian texts), homosexuals are evil.

They didn't, and it is not.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Interesting how since the rise of the Abrahamic religions homosexuality seems to have become taboo!!

I am sure the Guru's were aware of it, but did not think it was evil or bad, or prevent someone from becoming a Sikh, or they would have specifically stated (like Christian texts), homosexuals are evil.

They didn't, and it is not.

Would you mind if I add...serous reading of SGGS might even lead one to think that the human race had then and has now bigger fish to fry, problems that each individual really needs to deal with every day.

notreligious

SPNer
May 1, 2011
I do not understand why people are so bothered about other people's sex lives! Until you understand your own true nature fully do not judge other people.

Life's lessons are many and it is not for you or me to judge what incarnation a person has chosen for themselves. Until you love each soul unconditionally, you can try and impress each other with quotes from the scriptures to flatter your own ego's but but don't pretend that you are being enlightened in any way.

I cannot concieve of an all loving force that is the universal universe/God that would reject and soul for chosing a life that was different from what is considered "normal". We come to each to learn some hard lessons. The rejections of racism, sexism and all prejudice is what is important. That includes anti-homosexual attitudes.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: