• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Soul is genderless. Body isn't. Don't try to act smart. As for Takht hukam, yes hukamnama was issued last year and every Panthic organization agreed with it.

Khalsa Fauj refrain from personal remarks. You will not get away with them on this forum.

There are many other hukamnama's and edicts and aspects of the Rehit Maryada that you do not agree with, so why this? Does it fit in with in with some preconcieved prejudices you havve? Or is there actually something in Bani that confirms this?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The soul is considered, actually, female for all :)

The male is the One Lord.

However, for best purposes, although the soul is genderless - to have a family, and leave the life of a householder - it is suggested that it be between male and female.

So you are saying purpose of male and female relationship is to have children? So what about couples who cannot have children? Their relationship is surely based on Kaam is it not?

Also I am curious to know where it says between a male and a female.

PS I have changed my view on this isssue some 7 years ago.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I skate but don't figure skate. However, Panth also has authority to issue hukamnama based on teachings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Sahib was against anything which isn't natural. Being gay isn't natural or most people would be gay. It is a deficeincy and occurs due to paap karam in previous joons. Best way to fix is to live in hukam of Guru and not be gay instead of asking for rights to marriage. If people can choose to be celebates, people can choose to not be gay. We have different bathrooms for men and women, what about gays who like to look at men? Shows how bad gay thing is. Moral corruption to the max just like tria chariters.

I find it incredible that such remarks can be made in the 21st century.

Prove from Bani that Guruji has categorically stated Homosexuality is paap and unatural behaviour? I want quotes and passages from Bani.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dr.khalsa wrote
In my understanding Sexuality is not just the Physical act and has other emotions/Drama assosiated with so in other words it could be tool to somebody just for physical gratification while to someother it could serve as tool to seek other gratifications related to emotional drama and stuff so in this later case one could seek to assosiated with either of the sex to serve its purpose ans can be called Bisexual
Dear dr khalsa ji

FRom your earlier statement i have a question.if you don't mind please answer it.If homosexuality is allowed freely in society then is it not possible that many straight would inclined toward bisexuality as you saaid that for some it is a physical act and for others
emotional drama associated with it.What will the impact on society if homosexuality is freely allowed?

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
What will the impact on society if homosexuality is freely allowed?

Sexual diversity is the simple answer. Diversity is diversity, the same way people practice different religions yet they do not have a negative impact on society, its only when one religions says that the god I love must be loved by all then we have a problem cos not all people can love god through one religion. Animals dont seem to be experiencing a negative impact on their societies I dont see why humans question sexual diversity in their societies. Again I reiterate that sikhism does not entertain any judgement on sexual diversity let alone homosexuality. Tria chariter is beautiful I suggest you all read it and learn from its message, the message is that sexuality is a part of the human condition we all have to be satisfied so lets not put up pretend obstacles like shame and sin blah blah blah.

Have a sexually gratifying day:D

Indy

Apr 4, 2007
I skate but don't figure skate. However, Panth also has authority to issue hukamnama based on teachings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Sahib was against anything which isn't natural. Being gay isn't natural or most people would be gay. It is a deficeincy and occurs due to paap karam in previous joons. Best way to fix is to live in hukam of Guru and not be gay instead of asking for rights to marriage. If people can choose to be celebates, people can choose to not be gay. We have different bathrooms for men and women, what about gays who like to look at men? Shows how bad gay thing is. Moral corruption to the max just like tria chariters.

hmm, i guess having blue eyes is also unnatural or most people would have blue eyes!

lol... that's a pretty weak argument...

best way to fix it is to not be gay? and maybe i should turn my eyes brown so they'll look more like yours?

this is just weird.

Apr 4, 2007
Dr.khalsa wrote

Dear dr khalsa ji

FRom your earlier statement i have a question.if you don't mind please answer it.If homosexuality is allowed freely in society then is it not possible that many straight would inclined toward bisexuality as you saaid that for some it is a physical act and for others
emotional drama associated with it.What will the impact on society if homosexuality is freely allowed?

homosexuality IS freely allowed in western society, and it hasn't destroyed us yet... :) and no, i don't think it drives people to bisexuality. lol... being gay is natural, IF YOU"RE GAY. it's NOT natural if you're STRAIGHT. why is this so difficult to understand? homosexuals are not christians, they don't go around converting people. :) you have nothing to worry about from them. look at violence involving homosexuals and you'll see that 95% of it is directed AT them from homo-phobic straight people. it's not them doing anything wrong.

they're not going to hurt you, destroy the family unit, or corrupt the world. they're just people, like you or me. they just have a different genetic makeup.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
homosexuality IS freely allowed in western society, and it hasn't destroyed us yet... :) and no, i don't think it drives people to bisexuality. lol... being gay is natural, IF YOU"RE GAY. it's NOT natural if you're STRAIGHT. why is this so difficult to understand? homosexuals are not christians, they don't go around converting people. :) you have nothing to worry about from them. look at violence involving homosexuals and you'll see that 95% of it is directed AT them from homo-phobic straight people. it's not them doing anything wrong.

they're not going to hurt you, destroy the family unit, or corrupt the world. they're just people, like you or me. they just have a different genetic makeup.

Are you sure it is freely allowed in western society? if i am not wrong america still does not recognises gay marriages.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear KDS

It is hard to say for me personally what impact will it have if its allowed freely .But I guess it will be alright

About Gay Marriage thing , it is more of the Church problem than legal problem . Officially Various Churches deny this facility to Homosexuals

Apr 4, 2007
Are you sure it is freely allowed in western society? if i am not wrong america still does not recognises gay marriages.

you are right, because of religious pressures, gay marriages are not legal in most states in the US (it is in some states). but as dr ji said, this is more of a religious based restriction. the christian church unfortunately has a very strong position in US politics.

however, that does not mean that gay culture is not accepted by the majority of americans. we have gay governers and congressmen, we have gay couples on television and in movies... and attacks on homosexuals are prosecuted as hate crimes, just like attacks on any other minority group.

besides that, the US isn't the whole western world... gay marriage is recognizesd in many major western countries, including canada.

it's weird that india is so comfortable with hermaphrodites/eunichs, but can't handle homosexuality.

just curious, but are hermaphrodites barred from being sikhs?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
it's weird that india is so comfortable with hermaphrodites/eunichs, but can't handle homosexuality.

Comfortable,, eunuchs in india live as outcaste.They are not part of any indian society.Majority of them earn their living by extracting money on occassions like marriage,childbirth etc. The reason i am saying that they extract money because if you don't give them then threaten you that they will use cheap tactics like throwing urine,removing their clothes etc People either make fun of them or are afraid of them because there are stories that they take young boys and then castrate them and these stories are not false.On tv some eunuchs themselves accepted that they were boys and some euncuchs forcibally castrated them.

As far as sikhs are concerned i don't know because they have very secrative society in which they practice religions.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dear KDS

It is hard to say for me personally what impact will it have if its allowed freely .But I guess it will be alright

About Gay Marriage thing , it is more of the Church problem than legal problem . Officially Various Churches deny this facility to Homosexuals

In my opinion accepting open homosexuality is not good for society especially country like india.If it become's cool and fashion among teenagers then they will induldge freely in this without even properly knowing whether they are homosexual or not.
.Indulging in sexual activity with opposite sex is difficuilt because soceity do have restrictions like Boys and girls have separate bathrooms,they don't share common rooms etc.But its going to be much easier with same sex.WE all know that our body grow early and mind takes its time to get mature.If someone is homosexual then he/she should do whatever behind close door But for the sake of soceity open homosexuality is not good.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
you are right, because of religious pressures, gay marriages are not legal in most states in the US (it is in some states). but as dr ji said, this is more of a religious based restriction. the christian church unfortunately has a very strong position in US politics.

however, that does not mean that gay culture is not accepted by the majority of americans. we have gay governers and congressmen, we have gay couples on television and in movies... and attacks on homosexuals are prosecuted as hate crimes, just like attacks on any other minority group.

besides that, the US isn't the whole western world... gay marriage is recognizesd in many major western countries, including canada.

In india we do watch hollywood movies like spiderman,pirates of carribian etc and american family tv shows.In these they never show gay relationships.I want to know
do they have started showing gay relationships in family,children's shows or homosexual relationship's are restricted for adult's shows only.

Apr 4, 2007
In india we do watch hollywood movies like spiderman,pirates of carribian etc and american family tv shows.In these they never show gay relationships.I want to know
do they have started showing gay relationships in family,children's shows or homosexual relationship's are restricted for adult's shows only.

there are homosexuals on regular prime-time television in the US. it's not hidden, and it's not for "adults only". you're looking at it from a purely sexual standpoint, which is not really fair.

they're people, just like you or me. just because they prefer not to have intercourse with the opposite sex doesn't make them into sex-maniac monsters.

for example, there's a popular "style" show called "queer eye for the straight guy", where 5 gay men transform a straight man through fashion, home design, cooking, grooming, and culture. it's a huge hit and very entertaining. in the show, gay men are shown as "culturally superior" and straight guys look like idiots. :)

there's the long running (and very popular) "will and grace", about the friendship between a gay man and a straight woman.

here's a list of gay positive television shows/characters on american broadcast television:

2006 - 2007 Gay and Lesbian TV

note, this isn't cable, this is normal television that kids watch too. if you include cable (more adult focused) you'll find tons more!

it's really pretty much a part of mainstream life here.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
they're people, just like you or me. just because they prefer not to have intercourse with the opposite sex doesn't make them into sex-maniac monsters.

Well i am not at all saying that they are sex maniac monsters.I agree with it that they are people like you and me.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Guru Sahib makes it clear and says anything harming you mind is no good thus heroine and methadone are rejected unless for medical reason. People are homosexuals because they got control issues and other mental issues. Just like a nasha addict can't be Sikh, a homosexual can't be sikh.
Bhai is there any thing ours so how can be "our mind" be our.

Mera Mujh Mai KiChh Nahi,Jo Kichh Hai so Tera.In me nothing is mine but what so ever is yours(Oh Akal).

All thinggs are in the control of Akal.

Sabh Ko Tere Vas.

Dec 1, 2006
--------------UNVERIFIABLE SHABAD DELETED----------------

If you can't aarth a shabad properly, I suggest not posting it.
You have to understand the meaning of the shabad.

However, I don't even know why the above shabad is posted other than the fact that you probably didn't have anything to do so you posted a shabad to stir up a debate.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
What will you do about karmee aapoo aapnee?
What will you do about durmat mad jo peevtay biklee pat kamlee?

If you can't aarth a shabad properly, I suggest not posting it.
You have to understand the meaning of the shabad.

However, I don't even know why the above shabad is posted other than the fact that you probably didn't have anything to do so you posted a shabad to stir up a debate.

please post page numbers of bani where yiu got these lines and the entire shabad.

Thanks

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: