• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Rehat Maryada - False Arguments, Fake Translations And Dubious Agendas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I guess that's a imaginary book which they happen to call dasam Granth.. I'm not seeing what I'm seeing..
hazursahib.jpg

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
@sukhsingh. Please post your random thoughts in one post paragraphically as requested before so I can respond to you. This is not a messaging app but a forum.
This is the silly game you are playing.
Stop it!

Last edited:

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I can link you to the SGPC SRM, but you will reject it. Therefore, we have reached an impasse. Good luck to you.
Since I made my thoughts on the clear on SRM I find it curious that you choose to carry on the exchange and then finish by saying there is no point engaging..

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
I've always understood the dasam Granth to be part of the sikh framework but I SGGS to be first amongst equals if you like?
I wonder how you have come to a conclusion that Dasam Granth is one amongst the first equals when even Akal Takhat has said that its veracity is under consideration and no further discussion be done on this.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I wonder how you have come to a conclusion that Dasam Granth is one amongst the first equals when even Akal Takhat has said that its veracity is under consideration and no further discussion be done on this.
Being a pedant and being aware of the sensitivities around this subject I believe I was careful to not draw any conclusions. Secondly there is a difference between, as you paraphrased, "first equals" and what I said.

Thirdly on your last point, you say its veracity is under consideration and then say no further discussion is to be had. Either it is under consideration or it is not .

Fourthly , I do not consider the akaal takht to be arbiter of what I as a flawed individual can or not consider a line of intellectual enquiry. In fact if someone, institute, theory asks me to blindly believe as a sikh I am compelled to ask the question "why ".

In conclusion, I would like to say that I feel there is a willful misinterpretation of my views.

the contradictions in your statement demonstrate that despite my own expressions of wanting to engage and discuss the go to place for argument is not one of khoj but the antithesis

(I take it you follow and believe in each and every hukum of akal takht? In its supremacy as the legal authority of sikhi ? )

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
How very disappointing. I love this forum but I can not help but feel this thread has exposed the worst of us..

Hit and run comes to mind

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Please rephrase your question. Yours is a confirmation question rather than an information one where you are pretending to be Ms. Cleo, meaning you know the answer to my question. If that is the case then your question becomes irrelevant and rather argumentative. After you have done that, then I would love to respond to it. Thanks.
Let me be very clear and explicit. Do you reject the existence of a text, within sikh discourse, commonly known as the dasam Granth / Bachittar Natak?

I am not asking about its authorship, just whether you even accept that this 'contested ' body of work exists?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
How can I reject something that does not even exist? It used to be called BN before. I do not know if you know about that or not.

Just read your own post .

How can something that did not exist also "it used to be called..."

And if it is a figment of our imagination then why ask "I don't know if you know about that or not"?
This is a joke, instead of challenging in my on every step atleast do me the courtesy and frame a logical supposition . @Ishna has already thrown barbs and receded in to the background doing a emoji dance.

How will you respond?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
How can something that did not exist also "it used to be called..."

@sukhsingh ji,

Tejwant ji simply meant there is no such entity called Dasam Granth. The scripture you are referring to is originally called Bachittar Natak... nothing really hard to decipher here... :whistle:

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh ji,

Tejwant ji simply meant there is no such entity called Dasam Granth. The scripture you are referring to is originally called Bachittar Natak... nothing really hard to decipher here... :whistle:
So the point is that it has it was historically referred to as Bachittar Natak and not Sri Dasam Granth..? Is this how hazuri Sikhs have always referred to it

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Aman ji please indulge me.. Or correct me again .

Am blind to something I shouldn't be..

I genuinely am confused about the lack of engagement and explanation..

Sukh Singh,

To be honest, I stopped engaging with you after noticing you pounce at every little thing and feel offended for naught. This forum is the most open one in all aspects of life.

I also urged you to stop using one-liners as posts but rather put your thoughts in paragraphs as this is not a messaging app. You did not care and still continue the same.

When you decide to change your attitude, we can interact and learn from each other.
Please make an attempt to be an asset to yourself. Thanks.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Sukh Singh,

To be honest, I stopped engaging with you after noticing you pounce at every little thing and feel offended for naught. This forum is the most open one in all aspects of life.

I also urged you to stop using one-liners as posts but rather put your thoughts in paragraphs as this is not a messaging app. You did not care and still continue the same.

When you decide to change your attitude, we can interact and learn from each other.
Please make an attempt to be an asset to yourself. Thanks.
I can only apologise and ask that you give me the benefit of the doubt.. I did not think I was being belligerent . But if I was I apologise.. I felt like I was being open and honest about 'my understanding' of the topic and felt I was being quite rational. Although I accept that I may be mistaken in that..

I do genuinely feel that my own questions were lost in the mix and were left open .. I genuinely am not here to rage against people but explore..
I can only share my understandings perspectives, rationale which inform me.. They may well be ill informed, in fact most probably are..
I come to this forum to learn to digest perspectives I have been exposed to, that does make me ignorant ..

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I can only apologise and ask that you give me the benefit of the doubt.. I did not think I was being belligerent . But if I was I apologise.. I felt like I was being open and honest about 'my understanding' of the topic and felt I was being quite rational. Although I accept that I may be mistaken in that..

I do genuinely feel that my own questions were lost in the mix and were left open .. I genuinely am not here to rage against people but explore..
I can only share my understandings perspectives, rationale which inform me.. They may well be ill informed, in fact most probably are..
I come to this forum to learn to digest perspectives I have been exposed to, that does make me ignorant ..

Sukh Singh ji,
Guru Fateh.
Let the bygones be bygones. No harm, no foul. A Sikh learns, unlearns and relearns with every breath till the last one. Please put your queries, doubts in paragraphs one by one so we can start anew. Let's start with number one and we will go to the next one after the interaction is exhausted for the first one.
What do you think?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Sukh Singh ji,
Guru Fateh.
Let the bygones be bygones. No harm, no foul. A Sikh learns, unlearns and relearns with every breath till the last one. Please put your queries, doubts in paragraphs one by one so we can start anew. Let's start with number one and we will go to the next one after the interaction is exhausted for the first one.
What do you think?
Paji I can only but try and will with all humility endeavour to do so ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM