• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Rehat Maryada - False Arguments, Fake Translations And Dubious Agendas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
It makes sense now why you would reject the SGPC's SRM if you want Sikhi to include extra books as equal with SGGSJ.

The fact you don't know about the DG's authenticity or even it's content, but you've made such a strong claim about what you believe should be its position (on par with SGGSJ, the only document endorsed by Guru Sahib himself) is really baffling.

It seems you are content for Sikhi to be like an unkept garden with whatever plants growing in it, and it's all still Sikhi.

A question for you: do you believe that Sikhi is a branch of Hinduism? Do you consider yourself a "Sanatan Sikh"?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Maybe a short document spelling out some core principles would help you. :amillanbliss:
OK so I can see how this is going...

Please share me a short document that may help me.. I look forward to what you can share..

Put your money where your mouth is.. Let's go..

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
It makes sense now why you would reject the SGPC's SRM if you want Sikhi to include extra books as equal with SGGSJ.

The fact you don't know about the DG's authenticity or even it's content, but you've made such a strong claim about what you believe should be its position (on par with SGGSJ, the only document endorsed by Guru Sahib himself) is really baffling.

It seems you are content for Sikhi to be like an unkept garden with whatever plants growing in it, and it's all still Sikhi.

A question for you: do you believe that Sikhi is a branch of Hinduism? Do you consider yourself a "Sanatan Sikh"?
I don't consider myself a 'sanatan' sikh.. What even is that? I'm a sikh.. What kind of 'sikh' are you?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Just to clarify

@Ishna @Tejwant Singh my point here is not saying that it should be but most people I know don't really get into the technocratic details.. Me included

@sukhsingh - Pardon my ignorance ( if you take my phrases like this one as a mockery to you then you must have a thin skin because I do not mock but write and speak this way and people I interact with rather enjoy it), would you be kind enough to elaborate what you mean by "I know don't really get into the technocratic details.. Me included" in lay man's terms so I can understand what you are trying to convey with tangible examples from the SGGS, our only Guru.

I get confused by your posts at times, which sound a bit angry for the reasons only known to you. Your terse short responses do not add anything to the interaction but they only affect the writer who is expressing him/herself in that way. We are all here to learn and disagreements are part and parcels of the learning process.

What is your opinion about the so-called DG and Hemkunt?
Would love to learn from your views.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh - Pardon my ignorance ( if you take my phrases like this one as a mockery to you then you must have a thin skin because I do not mock but write and speak this way and people I interact with rather enjoy it), would you be kind enough to elaborate what you mean by "I know don't really get into the technocratic details.. Me included" in lay man's terms so I can understand what you are trying to convey with tangible examples from the SGGS, our only Guru.

I get confused by your posts at times, which sound a bit angry for the reasons only known to you. Your terse short responses do not add anything to the interaction but they only affect the writer who is expressing him/herself in that way. We are all here to learn and disagreements are part and parcels of the learning process.

What is your opinion about the so-called DG and Hemkunt?
Would love to learn from your views.
Thank you for your openness.. I have tried not to be terse but if apologies if that is how I'm coming across..
To be clear with regards to DG I am agnostic and open minded
Hemkunt I think is a tourist destination with no historical significance

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh. Please elaborate it with concrete examples because your response does not say anything, to be honest. Thanks.
This has to be one of the strangest exchanges I've ever had .. I've been very open and clear about my position, I feel..

But I don't feel that you are reciprocating..

I very humbly asked earlier if you could tell me what 'specifically' you what it is you would like me to clarify.. Please spell out in the most simple terms your question..

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Are you not rejecting the existence of a text called DG?

Please rephrase your question. Yours is a confirmation question rather than an information one where you are pretending to be Ms. Cleo, meaning you know the answer to my question. If that is the case then your question becomes irrelevant and rather argumentative. After you have done that, then I would love to respond to it. Thanks.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This has to be one of the strangest exchanges I've ever had .. I've been very open and clear about my position, I feel..

TBH, you have not. You keep on circling around rather than responding. Recheck your posts and you would notice that is not true.

But I don't feel that you are reciprocating..
Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what you are talking about. You have to make things easier for me to understand. The fact of the matter is I answered all your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hence your gripe is unfounded.

I very humbly asked earlier if you could tell me what 'specifically' you what it is you would like me to clarify.. Please spell out in the most simple terms your question..

Once again, your gripe is your own unless you give concrete examples of what you want to ask which you never do.
My questions to you are very straightforward but yours are always encrypted. I have no idea what you are trying to hide from yourself.

Lastly, SPN is not a messaging service. Please gather your thoughts, put them in several paragraphs. One-liners mean nothing and take too much bandwidth for naught.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
OK so I can see how this is going...

Please share me a short document that may help me.. I look forward to what you can share..

Put your money where your mouth is.. Let's go..

It doesn't matter what I give you, you will reject it because you don't believe in needing any guiding document (any such thing would be "technocratic").

So you must make do with make-it-yourself Sikhi and therefore put as many books as you like shoulder-to-shoulder with SGGSJ because nothing exists to guide you in the reality of complex societies, cultures, and the march of history.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
How can I reject something that does not even exist? It used to be called BN before. I do not know if you know about that or not.
How can something that does not exist be called anything other than nothing before ...

So now can we stop playing these silly games ..

Does BN = Bachittar Natak?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
It doesn't matter what I give you, you will reject it because you don't believe in needing any guiding document (any such thing would be "technocratic").

So you must make do with make-it-yourself Sikhi and therefore put as many books as you like shoulder-to-shoulder with SGGSJ because nothing exists to guide you in the reality of complex societies, cultures, and the march of history.
So basically you can't..

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
TBH, you have not. You keep on circling around rather than responding. Recheck your posts and you would notice that is not true.

Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what you are talking about. You have to make things easier for me to understand. The fact of the matter is I answered all your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hence your gripe is unfounded.

Once again, your gripe is your own unless you give concrete examples of what you want to ask which you never do.
My questions to you are very straightforward but yours are always encrypted. I have no idea what you are trying to hide from yourself.

Lastly, SPN is not a messaging service. Please gather your thoughts, put them in several paragraphs. One-liners mean nothing and take too much bandwidth for naught.
Ditto..

This is all hot air.. How very disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM